RonaldoGreatestEverRM
Casciavit
billy_gr
eelir
danyjr
21 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Betis - Barça. Sunday at 21:00 CET - Page 4 Empty Re: Betis - Barça. Sunday at 21:00 CET

Post by danyjr Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:56 pm

I feared the same yesterday but then remembered that Ronaldo's injuries were joint/bone problems (his knees) which are completely different in nature to muscle injuries.

Having said that, those growth hormones supplements surely have some kind of long term side effects. I hope this is not one of them.

danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Betis - Barça. Sunday at 21:00 CET - Page 4 Empty Re: Betis - Barça. Sunday at 21:00 CET

Post by neuro11 Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:03 am

This, i have copied from someone's comment in other blog.
----------------------------------------------------------
"Messi suffered 4 thigh muscle tears between 2005 & 2008, appeared to be fixed with physical trainer Lorenzo Buenaventura, who left in 2012 due to conflict with Rosell and joined Bayern in 2013ץ Messi: same injury again ... Under Guardiola he went virtually uninjured
Messi felt a sharp pain in the back of his leg in the first leg."
I didn't make it up - this is from Guillem Balague, who wrote the book about Messi.

----------------------------------------------------------
do you think this has anything to do with his injury .....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:13 pm

eelir wrote:
free_cat wrote:
futbol wrote:Totally agree. He went off in Tata's very first game after 45 minutes. Prove enough that the 3 km he covered in that amount of time was too much for him to handle due to Tata.
It's very normal to have overbuden in pre-season... which brings me again to same conclusion: Tata is the boss and he sets up the training in pre season and should be careful with Messi. Also, if he saw that Messi was not fully fit or had overburden, he shouldn't have played Messi. Responsible: Tata.
c'mon free! WHen was Tata brought to Barca? Did he organize the preseason or was it Raura who was managing most of it?
Under Roura Messi wasn't injured during Pre-season.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Qehbe1 Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:06 pm

After reading all comments i decided that diving is an intelligent action and it protects you from injuries.
Diving = Protecting yourself. Messi should take lessons

Qehbe1
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:31 pm

free_cat wrote:
Sure, but you cant blame Tata for overburdening Messi during pre-season right? That is what you were implying in your posts. Tata couldn't have set the training and overburden Messi when he was not hired at that time. If someone overburdened Messi in pre-season as you suggest, it was Raura.

Betis - Barça. Sunday at 21:00 CET - Page 4 Himym-gif-youve-been-lawyered
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:37 am

eelir wrote:
free_cat wrote:
Sure, but you cant blame Tata for overburdening Messi during pre-season right? That is what you were implying in your posts. Tata couldn't have set the training and overburden Messi when he was not hired at that time. If someone overburdened Messi in pre-season as you suggest, it was Raura.

Betis - Barça. Sunday at 21:00 CET - Page 4 Himym-gif-youve-been-lawyered
No, not really lawyered. An overburden can be caused in just one training session. He was ok under Roura and had a small overburden after a week of Tata taking over. Anyway, that's a very small injury and I already said that's normal in pre-season. I'm not blaming tata for that, but I do for the other injuries, especially the Almeria one where he was pressing the GK in a non dangerous ball.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:30 pm

Free, you are not doing Messi any favours by saying that he shouldn''t be running as much as he has been doing under Tata. I mean, Messi doesn't run that much, even under Tata. So if you say that the reason as to why Messi is getting so many injuries is because of his pressing, then what you are also  saying is that Messi is a lazy player, who doesn't take care of his body and training like he should do.

And anyway, Messi under Pep pressed ALOT more than he has been doing under Tata. But I didn't see you criticizing Pep, nor did I see Messi getting injured as much just because he made an extra sprint or two.

Like I said in another post, it's more likely that Messi has still not been fully healed after Tito's big blunder to play Messi against PSG and, especially, Bayern, not having any rest in the summer and once again being rushed back from injury(now this can also be Tata's fault and not just Tito and Roura's).

What Messi and Tata should do now, is to wait until he is 100% healed from his injury to be able to play and not just 60% healed.

Last edited by harhar11 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:48 pm

I disagree with the premise that Messi under Pep pressed a lot more than under Tata.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:55 pm

He defiantly didnt stand around and watch the play happen around him like he does now.

Now, its very common to see the ball within 10m of him and him do nothing because another teammate is at a similar distance to him.

That was not common at all.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:18 pm

The Franchise wrote:He defiantly didnt stand around and watch the play happen around him like he does now.

Now, its very common to see the ball within 10m of him and him do nothing because another teammate is at a similar distance to him.

That was not common at all.
He has been moving and pressing a lot this season until he got injured vs. Almeria, in my opinion much more than under Pep.

He already did stand around a lot before and didn't press in crucial times after he became the false 9.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:23 pm

free_cat wrote:I disagree with the premise that Messi under Pep pressed a lot more than under Tata.
I think that either you are biased and don't want to admit that you are wrong or you simply have forgotten how much Messi used to work for the team. Now I know that you can make the laziest player look like the most hard worker with a youtube video, but here's 2 examples..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:13 pm

This discussion is beyond retarded. Even if for a second we suppose that Messi presses more under Tata, there is simply no way the effects would show so soon after like 10 games. Laughing

A footballer can't go 300 games uninjured and then get injured after like 10 games just because he presses more. If he would be THAT fragile he couldn't have gone 300+ games uninjured in the first place. In those 300 games he made full speed runs every single time and multiple times at that. If not for pressing purposes then at least to chase a pass or to dribble. Unless you think the 500000 full speed dribbles he makes every single game while getting hacked down 762000 times don't strain his muscles. But a few more off-the ball runs (which isn't even true, the pinnacle of pressing was 10 / 11) have crippled him.

Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:24 am

Can't say I agree with you on everything, but I can't fault your logic here futbol.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:17 am

That hindsight from me. Tata leaves, Messi stops pressing goalkeepers and trains well, he returns to a normal muscle injury rate (once per season).

futbol wrote:This discussion is beyond retarded. Even if for a second we suppose that Messi presses more under Tata, there is simply no way the effects would show so soon after like 10 games. Laughing

A footballer can't go 300 games uninjured and then get injured after like 10 games just because he presses more. If he would be THAT fragile he couldn't have gone 300+ games uninjured in the first place. In those 300 games he made full speed runs every single time and multiple times at that. If not for pressing purposes then at least to chase a pass or to dribble. Unless you think the 500000 full speed dribbles he makes every single game while getting hacked down 762000 times don't strain his muscles. But a few more off-the ball runs (which isn't even true, the pinnacle of pressing was 10 / 11) have crippled him.

Laughing

A sprint without the ball is at a much higher speed than with the ball. Very rarely a player gets injured while dribling (unless as you point out being hacked).
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4