Tomwin Lannister
RED
Firenze
ronalessi
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Which Gaming Console will you buy?

What are you buying: PS4 or Xbox One? Vote_lcap77%What are you buying: PS4 or Xbox One? Vote_rcap 77% 
[ 20 ]
What are you buying: PS4 or Xbox One? Vote_lcap12%What are you buying: PS4 or Xbox One? Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 3 ]
What are you buying: PS4 or Xbox One? Vote_lcap11%What are you buying: PS4 or Xbox One? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 26

Poll closed

What are you buying: PS4 or Xbox One? Empty What are you buying: PS4 or Xbox One?

Post by ronalessi Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:58 pm

Please vote.

What are you buying: PS4 or Xbox One? Console-Comparison-Friday-Morning-Revisions
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

What are you buying: PS4 or Xbox One? Empty Re: What are you buying: PS4 or Xbox One?

Post by Guest Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:00 am

Xbox One :coffee:

Back to top Go down

What are you buying: PS4 or Xbox One? Empty Re: What are you buying: PS4 or Xbox One?

Post by Firenze Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:03 am

PS4, a couple of months into 2014

Will eventually pick up an XBOX ONE in a couple of years for exclusives
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:24 am

PS4. It's more of a loyalty thing + I've never been the type to have 2 consoles.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:24 am

PS4 definitely

Might do what I done last year and buy an xbox towards the end of the console generation just to play some exclusive and carry Doms sorry ass in whichever multiplayer game he's playing :coffee:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:25 am

PS4.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:54 am

Cheapskate in me wants to go with PS4, but I'm prolly going with XB1.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:58 am

Playstation as usual. It's superior anyway. Will probably buy an Xbox in a few years.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:00 am

The only advantage I see for the XBOX One is the eight controller shit... Other than that how is this a debate?

I'll pick up a PS4 in the Fall of next year...
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:59 am

I was actually open to the idea of getting an Xbox, this time around.. but it's pretty clear to me that PS4 is the more powerful machine. Not to mention, the fact that they are letting their consumers purchase used games and have really gone out of their way to make a platform that welcomes indie developers. PS4, without a doubt, really won this console war with their E3 launch. However, at the end of the day, it all boils down to which console it is that will sell more units.

I have a few colleagues who admit that PS4 looks to be the better console, at this point in time. But they are still going to stick to Xbox, because apparently they're unwilling to adapt to using the Playstation controller. So, the controller is definitely something that matters to some people, in this console comparison. Another thing is brand loyalty. For many years, I was loyal to Sony Playstation because I was familiar with it, and I didn't have any reason to get a different console just to try it out. I have to admit that, after comparing the PS3 to the Xbox 360 elite, my loyalty towards Playstation soon faded. The Xbox had a far better and more responsive user interface, arguably better specs, considering how long it took for developers to find out how to fully utilize the advanced hardware inside of the PS3, it had exclusive deals with both Call of Duty developers, and it had a far superior online store (granted, you had to pay a monthly subscription fee for internet access). Microsoft won the last console war, hands down. Not only, in terms of units sold, but also in terms of the overall quality of the console. To some people, these differences didn't matter that much, if anything at all. Personally, it's the Playstation user interface's lack of responsiveness that's been pissing me off the most.

I also think it's hilariously ridiculous that it took them about half a decade to put up a decent library of games in their online, PS store - compared to Xbox's store, which has been packed practically since day one. During the first 2 or 3 years of owning a PS3, there were barely anything (if anything at all) worthy of a second glance in the store, and the selection of games was completely horrendous. My first PS3 was the slim version, so I was quite shocked to find out that the store only had a handful of items, when I first checked it out.

Anyways, it seems like Sony are doing everything right, this time around. I don't see any reason to get a slightly more expensive, yet considerably inferior console - unless for reasons of loyalty, unwillingness to adapt to a new console, or for certain exclusive game titles. It's quite obvious by now, that the main reason why Sony are being put in such a positive light is because the company has been struggling financially in recent times, and they were desperate to regain some of the power balance on the console market. Microsoft, on the other hand, were basking in the glory of a past era, where they finally managed to out-do their main rival, who had a strong grasp on the console market even before Xbox came into existence. Microsoft got cocky, and after their scandalous announcements during E3 this year, I wonder if they were under the impression that they had a monopoly on the console market, and could whatever they wanted to without consequences.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:06 am

LeSwagg James wrote:The only advantage I see for the XBOX One is the eight controller shit... Other than that how is this a debate?

I'll pick up a PS4 in the Fall of next year...
Well its clearly going to have more entertainment options and if last gen is anything to go by the online will be better as well.

I wouldn't say its quite that one sided, but still i'm going with PS4.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:09 am

Xbox just has flashier menus. tongue I've rarely experienced lag on the PSN menus. I think both PS3 and Xbox 360 were equal.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:17 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Xbox just has flashier menus. :tongue:I've rarely experienced lag on the PSN menus. I think both PS3 and Xbox 360 were equal.
Its not just that it just has far more options, the online is far superior.

As for being equal that depends what your criteria is but the online, multimedia options and interface was far superior.

Part of that was because you had to pay for it and online is free on PS3 and you pay for what you get.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:19 am

PS4 Molenation
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:28 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Xbox just has flashier menus. :tongue:I've rarely experienced lag on the PSN menus. I think both PS3 and Xbox 360 were equal.

As for being equal that depends what your criteria is but the online, multimedia options and interface was far superior.

Part of that was because you had to pay for it and online is free on PS3 and you pay for what you get.
Nah, only thing Xbox has is party chat. Interface is flashier and probably superior, however it's not really a vital feature.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:28 am

PS4 day 1 (if my connect at bestbuy can help me out)

Xbone will be way down the road.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:30 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Xbox just has flashier menus. 👅I've rarely experienced lag on the PSN menus. I think both PS3 and Xbox 360 were equal.

You're right, but not everyone make full use of their console UI, and those people won't notice any difference. Personally, I think it's super frustrating when I'm playing CoD for instance, and I wait until the match ends, so that I can message someone during the lobby break in between matches - during the end of a match, and during loading screens, in particular, my whole UI becomes super ultra deluxe slow to the extreme. It even tends to freeze up completely, for a few seconds. Granted, I think my console is about to die, and it's probably rebelling against me because I haven't trashed it, yet :)Even the FPS drops on CoD ghosts that I've been experiencing, might be due to my console acting up, as it has been doing for a few months now.

It's good to hear that you're joining us on the Playstation team, Mowl Very Happy

Last edited by Thimmy on Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:31 am

What exactly was better online? The servers?

I don't care much for games online.. The only game I have ever purchased from the PS store was 'Limbo' for like $15
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:33 am

PS3 menus being slow happens with FIFA too occasionally. Maybe it's to do with the coding of PS3 games, instead of the actual console.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:33 am

The online experience just isn't as reliable or fast tbh... but as i said i'm pretty damn sure that's because Xbox Live is a subscription service and PSN is free.

I'm expecting big improvements from the PS4 just purely because its a subscription service and well with games like Destiny if your online aint working you have a problem.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:51 am

One thing ps3 sucks on is the user interface and lack of party chat/easy in-game messaging

That's the one advantage (That's even remotely important) that xbox held over ps3. But next gen that's all gone, so unless you're stuck in 1998 and need to get 7 other mates around to play multiplayer then ps4 has to take the cake.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:54 am

I will not fail you Sony

Molenation
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:46 am

Better question would be "when are you buying ps4 or Xbox one"
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:18 am

FalcaoPunch wrote:Better question would be "when are you buying ps4 or Xbox one"
I'll just wait until a game I really want comes out for one of them. I'm not really all that excited by any game right now that's coming out for the new systems exclusively, so it will probably be quite a few months before I get one. They needed a console Elder Scrolls game to drive up initial sales :coffee:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:20 am

TES online is coming out eventually for consoles.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next