The Walking Dead II

Page 5 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Walking Dead II

Post by RealGunner on Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:11 pm

I always gloat that nothing can ever scare me on the internet. Movies etc but that ffs Laughing

And this rofl rofl

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/carl-fall.gif

pls lift

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 on Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:38 pm

That's funny because my brother and I were watching and we also gloat about not jumping; I jumped, I saw him jump and this is a tv show, most movies wont make you jump!

First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RED on Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:20 am

I enjoyed that episode very much. I liked the focus on Carl and seeing his maturity grow. He has become full accustomed to the apocolypse and you can his confidence has grown. He no longer accepts orders from his dad if he knows better. He feels that they are a team rather than his dad being his babysitter.

Rick was so knackered. Slept for like 2 days straight lol. Even though it was highly unlikely, but I actually thought he may have turned into a Walker when he was reaching for Carl at the end.

Michonne looks as though she is gonna lose her mind soon. That scene when she cut all them walkers to pieces. Damn!

All in all, a good way to start it all off again.

Also very good analysis RG. LOL at the video games chord part.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 on Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:46 am

I love that the writers seem to finally understand that this world they created doesn't need constant dialogue to be great. The Walking Dead is a visual story. I think this was the perfect episode to display that point as largely dialogue was not used or needed.

I have a feeling this is going to be the best few episodes we've seen since the show started.

First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:42 pm

Comic book readers would have appreciated this episode. It was really good in my opinion.

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.

http://i.imgur.com/8mauqfc.png
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:44 pm

@RealGunner wrote:Back with a bang. Fantastic episode. Specially in terms of emotions and metaphorical sense. Was a Character Development based episode.

The whole episode was based off the comics with exact dialogues and incidents. I can understand people not liking Carl but he was right in his sense. He lost all his friends and his sister and for a teenager that is much harder to cope than for Rick. He had to blame someone and he blamed Rick. He thought he would be better without him but after going to that house and realising how wrong he was, he had his sharp awakening. He is still a kid no matter how abusive his language is or how good his shot is. Felt a bit sad for him when he saw all those games and DVDs but realised that the only good thing from that entertainment system was the chord to tie the door lmao.

Don't know if this happened to any of u but i literally jumped in shock when Carl opened the door and the Walker suddenly burst out. From having 0 noise to a sudden zombie pitched scream Laughing

In terms of Rick. You have to keep in mind that in the comics, you are never sure about where it's going. I personally thought Rick died and turned into a zombie when I read that part. It seemed anti-climatic in the show because he IS the main character. But they had to do it for Carl's character development. He said he doesn't need him, but he was willing to get eaten because his dad wasn't there any more.

The chemistry and relationship between Rick and Carl is awesome from this point onwards. This episode was intended to start that.

But the best part of the episode was Michonnes. Easily.

Her back story(btw it did seem like a commercial barca 2011 Laughing) was crucial. We finally found out why she cried when she held judith back in the prison. And we found out more about her boyfriend and her brother. She saw Rick and Carl's foot prints but decided to go her own path, but after she had that dream and saw that  Michonne replica walker. She realised that there is no point in her living like the walking dead anymore and she needed others.

From what I gathered. Her boyfriend killed himself and their daughter along with her brother in oppose to living in 'this' world. Was a great character development bit for Michonne. Now we will probably see her a lot more open.

I think they will wrap up the other characters in just an episode because this episode was a must. Other characters are jobbers. Specially when they are following the comics far more closely. It might have seemed a slow episode but it was amazing really.
Speaking like a real fanboy Proud
I absolutely agree with you on everything, except that I didn't jump around like a b*tch when that walker came out of the room Very Happy

For a moment I thought that they were going to show us Michonne flashbacks.
This episode was mostly about creating that strong emotional father-son bond between Rick and Carl and in it this is where most of the emotion will be carried throughout the show from here on forth imo.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:21 am

Don't try to act hard, brah....you know you jumped at that part with the rest of us Laughing

Great episode though as has been said. Show's finally getting back to what drew a lot of us to it to begin with, namely the uncertainty of being out in the open without a sanctuary. This season needs to stay that way. No more farms and no more prisons.

This season might just be the show's best yet if it keeps probing in exactly the same vein it did with this opener.

Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:53 pm

World class acting by Carl. Golden Globe d'or to him pls.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RED on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:16 pm

lol he is such a cr*p actor. Struggles to make any of the emotional scenes believable.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:18 pm

lmao he needs to work on his delivery. Was so awkward watching him say that Shane line and then later "I don't need you" rant Laughing

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Don't call me James on Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:04 pm

@RED wrote:lol he is such a cr*p actor. Struggles to make any of the emotional scenes believable.

This. They could've gotten so many better little actors for this role. The kid that plays the youngest Crowe brother on Justified and was also in Mud is an unbelievably good kid actor, could've been perfect for this role.

Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Sampdoria

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci on Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:05 pm

That multiple "wake up" line killed me Laughing

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:09 pm

I didn't want to be harsh on him since he is like 14? but they should get someone else and pretend to do a time leap LUCAS
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:58 pm

WAKE UP DAD WAKE UP WAKE UP

Nearly turned off my TV.

M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:11 pm

Reminded me of a kid waking their parents up on Christmas day ffs rofl

WAKE UP DAD WAKE UP SANTA'S BEEN LOOK UNDER THE TREE DAD.

Good episode, some nice emotional scenes. I did jump a little bit at that zombie scene it caught me off guard ffs. Haven't jumped properly since getting grabbed by a monster in an old resi game Laughing

I knew Rick wouldn't turn, if he did I'd have probably stopped watching TWD regularly. The scene where he was reaching out to Carl who was shitting himself was powerful imo

The morale of the story really, if everybody had a quality sword like michone, the zombie infection wouldn't have gotten very far. Aside from the whole dying naturally and turning part of course.

Seriously Laughing a group with moderate sword practice and 10 katana swords is going to have a great time post-apocalypse.

Luke Harper wrote:We are the ones... the ones that you've been told about. And WE... are walking upright.

Studying about those good ol' days and who shall wear, the starry crown gooood lawd. Show me the waaaaay.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.

:bow: :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:16 pm

Nothing beats Carl's acting in season 2 after Sophia died.

NO SHE IS NOT IN HEAVEN. HEVEN DOES NOT EXIST. AND IF U BELIEVE IN HEAVEN, U R AN IDIOT. *storms off*

M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:18 pm

Ra's Al Ghul and his Assassin school :datass:

And yea agreed about the Rick scene. It was executed to perfection.
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:30 am

@Tomwin Lannister wrote:

I knew Rick wouldn't turn, if he did I'd have probably stopped watching TWD regularly. The scene where he was reaching out to Carl who was shitting himself was powerful imo

This. I might've said to hell with TWD if he would've died this soon, but it was interesting to see carls reaction, given that his gun was pointed at him.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:33 pm

Don't get all the dislike of Carl's acting...
Cut the kid some slack.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:28 pm

Next episode will start with Michonne delivering Carl's shoe imo. hmm

Anyway overall it was a decent episode, although it was boring at times because they just showed the same 3 people. Just as I thought, the 2nd half will be about all of them trying to survive. So basically the actual storyline won't move forward.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe on Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:25 pm

Suicide via dead parent :bow: That has to be a first...

CHAT SHIT GET BANNED
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:42 am

I knew Judith wasn't dead!!! Good episode as far as giving us a view of everyone else in the group. I thought this was it for Glenn, but that was a great ending. And isn't Beth hot enough for me to question why Daryl won't hit it?

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:25 am

The show playing it real safe lol. Too safe for my liking.

M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RED on Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:52 pm

Episode was sh*t. And woopdy do, looks like we've got The Governor mk 2 and his bunch of cronies being introduced next week.

Some of the dialogue and acting by those 2 young girls, sheesh...I know they're young, but by goodness it was horrid.

And Tyrese leaving the 2 girls alone with the baby in the wooded area while he went to be a hero. Yeah nice going dumbass, like what's the probability that, erm, a zombie might just attack them. And just by magic, Carol saves them. Perfect timing.

lol at Glen and his over emotional self. Never seen such a pussified character. He is either sulking, breathing heavily or fainting. Why can't he just man up? ffs. I lol'd so hard when he wore that SWAT protective gear then barged into the swarm od Zombies like he was in the NFL, rather than going around them to save him all that effort.

And how long was that women he found chilling in that one spot? Staring into space. If Glen hadn't of found, how long would she have remained there? lol.

Why did Maggie feel the need to jeopardise her safety and Sacha and Bob's by opening that bus full of Zombies to see if Glen was there? Like what good would that have done? I know closure is important, but not if it meant it cost you or others' lives.

Beth's narration at the beginning was alright, but it seems they just added that there for the sake of it. It seemed too cliche and unoriginal due to Darryl and hers small part in this episode.

Meh..

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:15 pm

@RED wrote:Episode was sh*t. And woopdy do, looks like we've got The Governor mk 2 and his bunch of cronies being introduced next week.

Some of the dialogue and acting by those 2 young girls, sheesh...I know they're young, but by goodness it was horrid.

And Tyrese leaving the 2 girls alone with the baby in the wooded area while he went to be a hero. Yeah nice going dumbass, like what's the probability that, erm, a zombie might just attack them. And just by magic, Carol saves them. Perfect timing.

I agree about tyreese leaving two little girls and a baby, bad idea. But Carol did say that she saw them head the direction they did, so it wasn't totally out of nowhere.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:20 pm

Told you guys that Judith wasn't dead!

Another strong episode. Director with dat poverty portraying of Glenn being a walker by not showing that walker's face with the curly black hair in the bus.
Glenn is back imo. Out of that sloppy, lump state of his. Hershel's death will re-energise his and Maggie's character. (Beth as well)
Carol with Tyrese now... Writers didn't disappoint on that Proud

They need to keep them apart for as long as possible without dragging it or making it become boring. Glenn and that girl (forgot her name) are most probably off with those new guys now. Tyrese and Carol will probably run into Maggie and the other two, and they'll surely keep Rick, Carl and Michonne on their own.

Inb4RGtellsmewhathappensinthecomics

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top