S
Luca
LWL91
Juventino89
DeviAngel
35 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Wheeler-Dealer : Beppe Marotta - Page 9 Empty Re: Wheeler-Dealer : Beppe Marotta

Post by DeviAngel Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:26 pm

Every club has like 2k-3k youngsters you think every young player turns out to be Marchisio? No, that's the reality every club signs like 100 young players ina transfer window who have potential and hopes that out of them 1 makes it and turns out to be a great player. Sorensen had more chances than any other youngster Juve had, and he is just average. I am sure that If Giovinco got his chances on the age that Sorsensen did he would be on a whole new level now.

DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Wheeler-Dealer : Beppe Marotta - Page 9 Empty Re: Wheeler-Dealer : Beppe Marotta

Post by S Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:32 pm

So much fuss over Sorenson yet he hasnt shown anything worthy of bringing him back.(I mean even Bologna dont want him now lol).Atleast there was a big shout in Immobile's case for example.

Say we bring back Sorenson,he makes a mistake in a high profile game due to his inexperience,and the same people who vouched for him will be calling for his head.Process repeats for every other unproven youngster who isnt the same class of talent like Pogba.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:46 pm

But the thing is , with scouts who find talent and Juve never giving anyone a chance all talent is lost but the talent is there not just in 1 out of 100 its more like 50 out of 100 and then u need to nurture them and say this and this lad will be given a fair chance to shine and next season u evaluate and draft new ones if the first did not shine. And of corse this is something we agree on giving youngsters a chance to develop.

But this Sørensen case is the exact picture of whats wrong in Marotta and whos not heads cause giving Sørensen the games Ogs had last year he would triple his value or turn out to be one of the best buys made either way Juve wins. Instead we splash out on some agents cousin who told someone this and this guy had a great world cup.
All im trying to say is that if we should have mediocracy then lets have our own.
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:54 pm

S wrote:So much fuss over Sorenson yet he hasnt shown anything worthy of bringing him back.(I mean even Bologna dont want him now lol).Atleast there was a big shout in Immobile's case for example.

Say we bring back Sorenson,he makes a mistake in a high profile game due to his inexperience,and the same people who vouched for him will be calling for his head.Process repeats for every other unproven youngster who isnt the same class of talent like Pogba.

Im just thinking at least u have an excuse being inexperienced that too being the companys fault but BonBon whos 5 years older can make such mistakes over and over again. I just dont get the thinking behind this but think its all cowardness from company cause they would be to blame if a youngster slips up.
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:08 pm

Well personally i'd drop the back 3, sell that useless *bleep* Bonucci and try and find some promising prospects.

Sorensen isn't Juve level, not even bench level. Bonucci isn't starting level, Ogbonna is just flat out shit.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:13 pm

Are you really comparing Bonucci and Sorensen?  One plays for the Italian national team and the other has barely featured for his various youth national teams.  Do you think that's just a coincidence?

Give me a break.  Talk about over-dramatizing an issue.  Sorensen would be a below average to average player at Juve. Nothing else. To compare him to Bonucci is just crazy. Apparently, he is also the poster child for Marotta's failed youth projects.

Some players just don't work out. What's the point in holding on to Sorensen? You must strongly believe in Sorensen or else you wouldn't be making this argument. I'd just like to see some actual arguments about Sorensen's talent, not a sad story about the injustice of Marotta's youth system.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:24 pm

We cant have an argument on his talent thats a matter of taste but i can tell u i like his way of reading the game his calm on the pitch combined with his physics and relative agility compared to his height.

I think the only one he is comparable to is Barzagli thats who he reminds me of.

This guy has been playing serie a from a young age in a difficult position but hes keept his head above water in a drowning club. Give him the faith and organisation like a side like Juve could give him and im sure he would shine. Buy a Manolas or Balanta and its all a big gamble thats my point.
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:32 pm

BoBo wrote:We cant have an argument on his talent thats a matter of taste but i can tell u i like his way of reading the game his calm on the pitch combined with his physics and relative agility compared to his height.

I think the only one he is comparable to is Barzagli thats who he reminds me of.

This guy has been playing serie a from a young age in a difficult position but hes keept his head above water in a drowning club. Give him the faith and organisation like a side like Juve could give him and im sure he would shine. Buy a Manolas or Balanta and its all a big gamble thats my point.

A bigger gamble for me is putting Sorensen out on the pitch in a CL match just because we bought him when he was 19 and we just want to give him a chance because we are too stubborn to admit he's just not that good.  Instead, we can spend money on a player that has some proven results at the WC and CL level.  While paying around 11-15m may sound like a lot, in the grand scheme of things it isn't to have a young player that has performed well at the highest levels, but even still has great potential.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:49 pm

Well obviously you think like a real club director which is a good thing if it was not an italian club director. So we agree to disagree but i really think all this too big a chance is nonsense and plain cowardness.

How much we loose if manolas turn out the flop like Ogs its not a gamble i wouldnt take but a gamble i dont understand. I rather we put a little trust in peripherical youth and saved some cash for big signings.
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:13 pm

Ok I see a good discussion here but only BoBo got my post right.

First we are comparing two players who are pretty much of same age and qualities with Sorensen being slightly better as I said before.

Some said that Manolas is much more experienced,yeah he played on WC and CL.Sorensen is just a average defender who can only be good for a mid-table team?Wait does Manolas plays for Real Madrid?No he plays for Olympiakos a team who isn't better than most of italian mid-table teams of Seria A.On a easy league like the greek one and with few quality players in your team is easy for any talented player to 'shine'

I'v watched both players and I'm not that impressed by Manolas.This was his first season of some good play and he just like Sorensen hasn't proven anything yet.Comparin 19 yrs Sorensen playing in a much weaker Juve defense against Serie A teams to current Manolas is just unfair.

From what I'v seen Manolas does have some skills,he is fast for a CB but I'm sure we all agree that speed isn't the most important skill of a defender.Apart from that he offers little,average at air duels and poor positioning.

Sorensen isn't miles better but he is more confident in positioning and stronger even though has to improve a lot in this aspect.He may be a bit slower but is more pure defender than Manolas is.

And why do we have to spend 10-15 mln on a player who doesn't offers more than a player we already have at 0 cost?

Then we are all angry for missing out on top players.If we keep spending money on just quanity and risky moves we aren't going to sign top players anytime soon.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:03 am

Why aren't we focusing on Attacking players rather than defenders? We already have cover with ogbonna, caceres, who will start in the first few games due to the suspension of chiellini and Barzagli's injury...
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:51 pm

Marotta: 'Juve seek opportunities'

Juventus CEO Beppe Marotta left the door open for more transfers. “If the opportunity arises...”

The Bianconeri have been linked with Manchester City defender Matija Nastasic and even Monaco striker Radamel Falcao on loan.

“If the opportunity arises, then we will take it, but at the moment we have achieved most of our transfer targets,” Marotta told reporters today.

“We’ll see what happens over the next few weeks. We took on this season by maintaining most of the core from the previous squads and in the last 10 days we’ll see if any opportunities present themselves.

“We still need a forward, a support striker in an area where we already have a lot of guarantees, but it won’t be a shock level profile.

“Andrea Barzagli is recovering faster than expected and Luca Marrone showed he can play in defence, so apart from any other interesting opportunities we could well remain as we are.”
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:50 pm

By shock level, does he mean the player is gonna be bad?
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:52 pm

Allegri said any striker coming in must be useful. So expect somebody with some experience who's a decent sub but nothing more.

Obviously no Falcaos, but probably no Borriellos either.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:54 pm

GIGItheBest wrote:By shock level, does he mean the player is gonna be shit?

Probably top class targets.

If by shock level he means crap players,then it would be like dissing himself Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:22 pm

"We're lacking a forward, a second striker in a compartment that already gives us many certainties, but it will not be a [player with] a major profile," the Juve director told Sky Sport Italia.

"We will not make big investments. But [one player] could arrive in the final hours of the window.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2014/08/20/5048563/marotta-rules-out-juventus-bid-for-falcao?ICID=HP_BN_1

This one  is from the official site : http://www.juventus.com/juve/en/news/marotta+villar+perosa+target+transfer+juventus

"We'll see what happens over the next ten days, if there's perhaps an opportunity to bring in a forward, though it would in any case be a relatively low-cost deal. Besides anything else, we have Coman who is displaying every ounce of his talent and who could well develop into a very special player.

"Considering that Barzagli's recovery is moving along much more quickly than initially expected and the positive start Marrone has made, we'll begin the season with the same defensive options that we currently have available to us."
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:58 pm

Loan Borini? Hmmmm... What do you guys think?
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:25 am

This is exactley one of the reasons why I hate Marotta, always has to ruin our hopes.
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:33 pm

Beppe Marotta admits Atletico Madrid, Olympiacos and Malmo represent “a Champions League group Juventus are happy with.”

The Bianconeri are in Group A with last season’s beaten Finalists, but Olympiacos and Malmo should represent much less frightening prospects.

“This is a Champions League group Juventus are happy with, but there are also hidden dangers like Malmo – who have already started their season and that’ll end in November,” director general Marotta told Sky Sport Italia.

“We must honour the jersey we wear, as qualification is within our grasp. The group paid for a lack of experience over the last two or three years, but is now solidified.

“We learned from what happened last season. We are Juventus, we have to learn from our recent errors.”

Juve crashed out in the first round following a shock 1-0 defeat away to Galatasaray, despite a relatively simple draw.

Marotta was also asked whether Juventus were making a bid to sign Radamel Falcao on loan from Monaco.

“There are many rumours that are pumped up, but there was no meeting. We are already competitive for our targets, considering we haven’t sold any of our key players.

“I am very realistic and don’t think there will be any shock moves. If they are dreams, then fine, but let’s be realistic and say that operation is not within our grasp.”
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:19 am

"We followed Falcao, but there has been no contact since he moved to Manchester United," the Juve chief told Domenica Sportiva.

"We were very close to signing him and the striker wanted to give priority to move to Italy to wear Bianconeri colours.

"Then, however, a deal was done to send the forward to Manchester United, who now have a preferential right of purchase, though that deal is a little blurred."
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:16 pm

Marotta: 'Pogba can write history'

Beppe Marotta praised Max Allegri’s tactical changes and said Paul Pogba “can write history for Juventus.”

The director spoke to Sky Sport Italia after a 3-2 Champions League victory over Olympiacos, which saw them adopt a four-man defence.

“Allegri was intelligent to adapt the system to the players at his disposal, using them in their best roles. The credit goes to Allegri and his lads, I’d say the performance was seven out of 10.

“I also compliment the crowd at the Stadium, who gave us an important push. Alvaro Morata did what he could on what was practically a debut and he will not lack for chances in future.”

Arturo Vidal could’ve made it 4-2 in stoppages, but saw his penalty palmed on to the crossbar.

“We certainly cannot blame him, as the penalty was taken well. That would’ve been the icing on the cake. We just have to think of the final two games with the necessary determination.”

Pogba scored the winning goal just weeks after signing a contract extension with the club.

“He has everything it takes to write history for Juventus. Obviously, it all depends on him and I believe in him.

“He is an interesting young player who has already shown he is one of the protagonists of Serie A and the France squad.

“Pogba can become one of the best players in the history of Juventus, but also in the world.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:25 pm

Marotta: 'Juve win without Pogba'

Beppe Marotta pointed out Juventus beat Borussia Dortmund “without Paul Pogba,” but denied negotiations.

The transfer guru spoke to Sky Sport Italia ahead of the Serie A meeting with Genoa, click here to follow the LIVEBLOG.

“We had a specific objective when starting a new era with President Andrea Agnelli, which was to put Juventus back where they belonged, at the top of European football,” said Marotta.

“From season to season we climbed the positions. Being in the Champions League quarter-final is a reward for the maturity and professionalism of all involved.”

Pogba limped off during the opening minutes of their 3-0 win at Borussia Dortmund and will be out of action for seven weeks.

Marotta was asked whether reaching the semi-final would convince the 22-year-old Frenchman to stay.

“We are here celebrating a victory achieved by a team, a team that played without Pogba,” he noted.

“This means football is a team sport and not just about individuals. The value of individual players is important, but the attitude of the group and club are decisive.

“We’ve already discussed Pogba’s future many times. He exploded on to the scene rapidly, we want to win and do not necessarily have to sell our young champions. That’s it.

“Clearly a young player of such quality is going to attract interest from more prestigious clubs than us at this moment, but we are not looking for buyers. We have had no talks.

“The more champions you have in your squad, the more likely you are to win, but there are other important components too.

“We try to unite the two elements, giving the group a winning mentality and also taking advantage of market opportunities.

“We continue our objective of improving, as we have done over the years. The squad must be competitive, made up of champions and players who might be less prestigious, but are just as important.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:45 am

Marotta: ‘Italians always blame refs’

Juventus general manager Giuseppe Marotta makes a veiled reference to Napoli, saying ‘human error is part of the game’.

The Partenopei were furious after a draw with 10-man Atalanta, claiming that Mauricio Pinilla’s goal should have been disallowed for a foul.

“It’s a typically Italian thing to blame the referee instead of criticising yourself,” Marotta told reporters outside a meeting of Serie A clubs.

“I’m not talking about Napoli, but in general. The adjective ‘falsified’ is used whenever there’s a mistake by the match officials, but these things even out over the season and the team that wins is the strongest.

“Technology can help in the case of goal or no-goal decisions, but not for slow-motion decisions on the pitch.

“Human error is part of the game, but only in Italy do we spend Monday morning talking about referees.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:36 pm

Marotta: ‘Next level for Juventus’
By Football Italia staff

Director general Beppe Marotta says he is aiming to raise Juventus' level of quality, whilst discussing Paul Pogba's potential transfer.

The Bianconeri seem not to feel the much-discussed decline of Italian football as they are a distant first in Serie A and can look forward to a Champions League quarter-final against Monaco.

Even so, their director general is insisting that this is only the beginning.

“We want to go even higher and meet even more targets. We can do that, because we sculpted our team year by year,” Marotta has told the Corriere della Sera today.

“And next year we want to raise our level of quality again. I won't name names, but the players we have already provide us with certainties.

“Players like Pogba or [Carlos] Tevez are the result of a specific knowledge with the best young players around, thanks to broad scouting work.

“It also stems from our ability to develop a relationship with established players who perhaps want to change their environment.

“Our appeal has changed so much. We used to struggle to convince players to join us, like [Udinese striker Antonio] Di Natale, who turned down an offer.

“Now people compete to join us. And I mean players with a high profile, what you call top players.”

On the subject of top players, Marotta was able to discuss midfielder Paul Pogba, who could speculatively leave Juventus at the end of the season.

“Pogba is still master of his own destiny, and if he chooses to leave then it will be hard for the club to keep him.

“He's given no sign that he wants to go away. The problem is when a player is offered a contract that can be two or three times higher than what he's currently earning.

“We're talking about a net €10m salary per season.”

Im in for some serious FFing disappointment if he fails to deliver this summer. Damm Marotta is on top of the world at the moment and he is right to be as Juve is moving fast towards the top of europe. Especially with the right striker purchases we could take that final step next year. Im thinking Dybala Falcao would want to change their environment.
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:42 pm

‘Milan-Inter crisis harms everyone’
By Football Italia staff

Juventus director general Beppe Marotta believes Milan and Inter's crisis harms all of Italian football, whilst he compares Antonio Conte and Max Allegri.

The Bianconeri are currently leading Serie A with a gap of 14 points over second-placed Roma, and they seem to be left with scant domestic competition, as Marotta himself admitted.

“In order to win you need team with a core tough as granite,” he remarked, in an interview with the Corriere della Sera.

“If you shake things up constantly it becomes hard to find the 'amalgam' that Massimino [Allegri] wanted to acquire.

“The crisis of Milan and Inter damages the whole movement. It would be good to compete for the Scudetto against them too.”

Marotta was also asked about the transition from Conte to Allegri, which was also discussed by Coach Marcello Lippi in an interview published today.

“We knew we were running the risk of a popular revolt, not to mention one in the media. But we chose the best man available at that moment.

“We supported him, too. If you put a Coach in the conditions to work well, he can give his best. And that's what Allegri is doing.

“I'd rather not have heard Conte's phrase on how you ‘don't go into a €100 restaurant with a €10 note’. But it's part of his character.

“I think that club, Coach and players are worth 33 per cent each. In the absence of Conte, we needed to find new incentives.”

Marotta then went on to discuss the situation with his strikers, in particular Carlos Tevez and Alvaro Morata.

“Carlos has a contract until 2016 and we still haven't talked about it. We owe him much, but he owes much to the club too. If he chooses to leave Juve, we'll have to adapt ourselves.

“As for Morata, we made some technical decisions, but with an eye to our finances.

“We sold [Ciro] Immobile because he wanted to go to Borussia [Dortmund] and we placed our chips on Morata because he was the right young player for us.

“But it's premature to call him a champion. We need him to confirm himself for a second year.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:10 pm

DeviAngel wrote:‘Milan-Inter crisis harms everyone’
By Football Italia staff

Juventus director general Beppe Marotta believes Milan and Inter's crisis harms all of Italian football, whilst he compares Antonio Conte and Max Allegri.

The Bianconeri are currently leading Serie A with a gap of 14 points over second-placed Roma, and they seem to be left with scant domestic competition, as Marotta himself admitted.

“In order to win you need team with a core tough as granite,” he remarked, in an interview with the Corriere della Sera.

“If you shake things up constantly it becomes hard to find the 'amalgam' that Massimino [Allegri] wanted to acquire.

“The crisis of Milan and Inter damages the whole movement. It would be good to compete for the Scudetto against them too.”

Marotta was also asked about the transition from Conte to Allegri, which was also discussed by Coach Marcello Lippi in an interview published today.

“We knew we were running the risk of a popular revolt, not to mention one in the media. But we chose the best man available at that moment.

“We supported him, too. If you put a Coach in the conditions to work well, he can give his best. And that's what Allegri is doing.

“I'd rather not have heard Conte's phrase on how you ‘don't go into a €100 restaurant with a €10 note’. But it's part of his character.

“I think that club, Coach and players are worth 33 per cent each. In the absence of Conte, we needed to find new incentives.”

Marotta then went on to discuss the situation with his strikers, in particular Carlos Tevez and Alvaro Morata.

“Carlos has a contract until 2016 and we still haven't talked about it. We owe him much, but he owes much to the club too. If he chooses to leave Juve, we'll have to adapt ourselves.

“As for Morata, we made some technical decisions, but with an eye to our finances.

“We sold [Ciro] Immobile because he wanted to go to Borussia [Dortmund] and we placed our chips on Morata because he was the right young player for us.

“But it's premature to call him a champion. We need him to confirm himself for a second year.”

So basically, Conte left because Juve didn't want to spend on the players he wanted. Right?
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next