Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic

Post by Doc on Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:52 am

Brendan Rogers wrote:“I have absolutely no sympathy for Southampton,” said Rodgers, whose team kick off their campaign against the depleted Saints tomorrow.

“They have a choice as a club. They don’t have to sell. They had that choice. Maybe Southampton’s objectives have changed. They were on course to be a ­Champions League club, I believe, but, obviously, that has changed...

I suppose Liverpool have taken three players, but Arsenal have taken a player, Man United have taken a player and there might be one or two others. It’s just ­football. It’s just the way it works. We were after a certain type of player that fits the profile and the mould of the way we play. So, I don’t have sympathy, no...

Not even sure how you guys rate the Mirror but I got that quote from there. Here's the website...
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-boss-brendan-rodgers-unapologetic-4061328

Doc
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert on Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:54 am

@Hapless_Hans wrote:Let's get you guys on record then, do you think he should be fired?

I caught the fraud out last season. :coffee:

Art's been on his back since his been appointed. Something something Lambert. smoking

And now the rest are opening their eyes. hmm

Red is the colour of extremes. It's the color of passionate love, seduction, violence, danger, anger, and adventure. The colour red is the color of energy, passion and action. This colour is a warm and positive color associated with our most physical needs and our will to survive.Red represents power and courage. The colour red is the basis of the traditional red power tie or red suit in the business, and the red carpet for celebrities and VIPs. Red's association with courage and bravery makes it a colour that is used often in national flags, on shields, and in achievement patches. Liverpool. Is. Red.
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert on Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:56 am

@Doc wrote:
Brendan Rogers wrote:“I have absolutely no sympathy for Southampton,” said Rodgers, whose team kick off their campaign against the depleted Saints tomorrow.

“They have a choice as a club. They don’t have to sell. They had that choice. Maybe Southampton’s objectives have changed. They were on course to be a ­Champions League club, I believe, but, obviously, that has changed...

I suppose Liverpool have taken three players, but Arsenal have taken a player, Man United have taken a player and there might be one or two others. It’s just ­football. It’s just the way it works. We were after a certain type of player that fits the profile and the mould of the way we play. So, I don’t have sympathy, no...

Not even sure how you guys rate the Mirror but I got that quote from there. Here's the website...
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-boss-brendan-rodgers-unapologetic-4061328

Exact quotes are from here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11038705/Liverpool-manager-Brendan-Rodgers-says-he-has-no-sympathy-for-big-sellers-Southampton.html

So the same intent/ words are there pretty much. Laughing

Last edited by Red Alert on Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert on Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:16 am

Natalie Portman wrote:
@boyzis wrote:he is still learning as a manager. Definately not a top eurpoean material. The way liverpool play is soley because they have only domestic matches if they start playing eurpoean football their style will become more clear. After that they will no longer input the same level of energy like they do in every match it will be more justiifed to compare after that. As a tactician there is nothing in him. His team is based soley on work levels nothing else. tactically inept he is.

Love a tactically inept manager who puts 14 !!! FORTEEN goals past Spurs, Everton and Arsenal in 3 games.

Long may his ineptness continue :bow:

:bow:

Red is the colour of extremes. It's the color of passionate love, seduction, violence, danger, anger, and adventure. The colour red is the color of energy, passion and action. This colour is a warm and positive color associated with our most physical needs and our will to survive.Red represents power and courage. The colour red is the basis of the traditional red power tie or red suit in the business, and the red carpet for celebrities and VIPs. Red's association with courage and bravery makes it a colour that is used often in national flags, on shields, and in achievement patches. Liverpool. Is. Red.
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol on Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:29 am

lmao DAT picture.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by RED on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:25 pm

On Tottenham spending Bale funds 2 summers ago:

“When Tottenham sold Bale they just panicked and thought, ‘we’ll buy five or six players at £25-30million and it will all come right in the wash’. It doesn’t work like that though, you have to do your homework.

“£4m for Lambert is a great buy. You know what he can do and all the other players they are buying have that little bit of spark.

"Tottenham were a team maybe looking to challenge for the league this season. They spent £100-odd million on a group that was set up to challenge. But there's no pressure on us. We've shown that over the course of the season."

On Van Gaal:

“I think what he’ll find is the competition in this league will be different from any other league that he’s worked in,”

“In a lot of the other leagues there are one or two teams and those are the teams that are expected to win.

“This is a league where the top team plays the bottom team and on any given day you can lose. You don’t get that a lot in the other leagues. I think the competition will probably take him by surprise and that’s from foreign managers I have spoken to over the years.

“I’ve worked closely with foreign players who have come in and that real physical competitive nature will be different from anywhere else he’s worked before.”

Wonderful seeing all these quotes biting him in the arse.

Never seen a more smug and arrogant manager than him, despite not winning anything. The fake tan, the bleached teeth, banging a young bimbo. You couldn't create a better douche if you tried.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:28 pm

i'm glad this fraud is getting exposed after all the praise he got for suarez's work .
farfan
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:31 pm

Some very spiteful comments in here.......

izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:33 pm

@izzy wrote:Some very spiteful comments in here.......

yeah, mostly from rodgers himself.
farfan
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:37 pm

@izzy wrote:Some very spiteful comments in here.......

Indeed as not too long ago, his praises were heaped upon him big time. And those that actually saw his genuine flaws were damned nicely.

Those in question know exactly who they are.

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:49 pm

@farfan wrote:yeah, mostly from rodgers himself.

True.

Some of you guys though, it's like this has been building for years, even when he was at at Swansea. Laughing
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:00 pm

never really saw much in pool or rogers tbh, but never knew he made comments like that, acting like prime ferguson rofl

oh and boyzis good call for once Thumbs up

First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:07 pm

People are being unfair, yes they look like crap but name one manager who wouldn't suffer without the services of his two 20+ goalscorers?

I'll give you a clue, he doesn't exist.

Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:09 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:People are being unfair, yes they look like crap but name one manager who wouldn't suffer without the services of his two 20+ goalscorers?

That's not an excuse at all.

Especially when the man himself says they are more than just those two.
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:10 pm

The biggest criticism i have for Rogers is that he was in charge of the transfers and Liverpool's purchases were awful this past summer other than Manquillo... and he's on loan lol.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:12 pm

mourinho did a lot last season without a reliable striker mole

Rodgers is in a mess he engineered all by himself

Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:16 pm

Ba and Eto'o are not scrubs, at least they get in the box and make themselves a threat to defenders Laughing

You're lucky if Balotelli is in the box twice a game and besides Chelsea have quality talent behind that can't really say the same for Liverpool.

Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:27 pm

Still, he knew what Balotelli would bring, which is nothing because he sucks.
Lambert? Lol.
Sturridge is Injury prone.

He knew these things. He also knew that his defense need to be improved considerably based off of last seasons leak they had back there.

He knew Gerrard just got a year older and the team would now be playing 2-3 games a week instead of the one last year.

He knew ALL of this and yet here we are. The TEAM stinks. Up top, midfield, defense, new signings etc.

They all stink.
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:43 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:People are being unfair, yes they look like crap but name one manager who wouldn't suffer without the services of his two 20+ goalscorers?

People need a place to direct their hate. The players aren't performing and a lot of people don't rate them anyway. Rodgers has been saying a lot in the media over the last year and a half that kind of put the cart before the horse so to speak.

Personally I hope that he can turn the team around and survive this awful start. Keep in mind that despite everything he's only 5 points out of a CL spot with 26 games still to play and he's played most of the season without the 2 best players on the team from last term...and Liverpool should still be considered favourites, despite their form, to come out of their CL group in 2nd with the fixtures remaining.

@Mr Nick09 wrote:mourinho did a lot last season without a reliable striker mole

Rodgers is in a mess he engineered all by himself
There's a big difference though between the style of Rodgers and Mourinho. Maybe it's a testament to the lack of flexibility in Rodgers' tactics but he likes to play a flowing, offensive game that builds out from the back. Mourinho naturally encourages a game that takes care of defence first.

It sucks to say that I think his biggest and most obvious flaw is his inability to drop Gerrard from where he is playing. He's clearly not providing the organization needed from that position, and he also provides no defensive cover for the back line. With Gerrard playing in that holding role we should have to play a defensive, counter-attacking style...but that's not how Rodgers likes to play.

Just look at what Suarez had to say about Rodgers, and then look at his comments about Charlie Adam. Gerrard, while not of the same class as Adam, fits into that same mold. He just doesn't fit into the style of Rodgers -- at least not as the deepest midfielder.

I'm still for giving him more time. Still early in the season...Sturridge has to eventually come back (right?) and maybe they can address an issue or two in the winter window.

Supporting: Liverpool - Netherlands
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:47 pm

as i said before buying balo was a mistake, not a bargain, and all i heard was how rogers gonna work his magic on him Laughing, his other transfers have sucked too

instead of buying a bunch of ok players hoping one turns great, just focus on 2-3 great players every window, buy reserves if you need it or just promote youth

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:49 pm

@izzy wrote:Still, he knew what Balotelli would bring, which is nothing because he sucks.
Lambert? Lol.
Sturridge is Injury prone.

He knew these things. He also knew that his defense need to be improved considerably based off of last seasons leak they had back there.

He knew Gerrard just got a year older and the team would now be playing 2-3 games a week instead of the one last year.

He knew ALL of this and yet here we are. The TEAM stinks. Up top, midfield, defense, new signings etc.

They all stink.

That's all fair enough, his signings have sucked and he should have bought better etc but I refuse to believe it's just Suarez.

It's Sturridge too, infact they looked pretty good before Sturridge went down. Hell it's also Sterling tbh as for various reasons he's playing on the wing where he isn't half the player.

That's your entire front 3 ripped out for various reasons, I think they can recover from this but it's gonna take time. I actually really dislike the bloke but everything that's happening is pretty easily explained and believe he can recover as I said.

Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:56 pm

mole the front line problems doesn't make mid and defense awful either, and transfer bad, sure scoring goals will cover cracks, but these cracks looks wide enough to fall in tbh

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:58 pm

I don't like all this slagging on Balotelli TBH. He's a solid player he just isn't a good lone striker for Liverpool. He drops too deep and looks to hold up the ball too much with nobody else going into the box. He either needs to play with another striker (Sturridge plz come back) or the wingers need to play more like wide strikers and push forward more...which is tough because our fullbacks are defensively inept and our DM doesn't play defence well.  Laughing  It's a bit of a mess.

Supporting: Liverpool - Netherlands
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:11 pm

balo is solid based on what exactly? you sure he ain't just a support player

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert on Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:44 am

He's just outstanding isn't he? Proud

Give me Rafaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer on Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:27 am

I would seriously check if Heynckes is available. I like him a lot

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down