Hawky
Winter is Coming
Donuts
BarrileteCosmico
34 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Who would you rather face?

Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 5 Vote_lcap22%Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 5 ]
Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 5 Vote_lcap13%Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 5 Vote_lcap26%Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 6 ]
Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 5 Vote_lcap17%Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 4 ]
Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 5 Vote_lcap4%Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 5 Vote_lcap9%Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 5 Vote_lcap9%Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 23

Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 5 Empty Re: Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16

Post by free_cat Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:14 pm

Nah, they won't, I will be there.

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 5 Empty Re: Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16

Post by matpol Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:32 pm

At Etihad? Use your magic skills Very Happy
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:47 pm

matpol wrote:At Etihad? Use your magic skills Very Happy

Yeah, I'm going, but my talisman skills are long gone. I just hope they don't trash because it would be a bad experience.  Very Happy Nah, but seriously, I don't think they will trash us.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:39 pm

With Agüero they would have trashed Barca. Without Agüero 3-2 or something like that for City.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:32 pm

If certain player walks the pitch like he owns it, we will get our ass whooped Bayern style, regardless if Kun is playing or not.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by waseela Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:41 pm

Certain player owns the pitch as he won everything and broke every record. He is certain player. So what you expect

But it was not certain players fault that bayern scored 7 times. He can not be so certain at defense

waseela
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by waseela Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:08 pm

Barca always played good vs epl teams because they play open football. Only Chelsea was bus. Epl teams can not handle short passes and tiki taka. Tall defenders (easy to dribble) and plenty of space

I think it will be 4-2 at home. And 3-3 away

waseela
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:35 pm

waseela wrote:Certain player owns the pitch as he won everything and broke every record. He is certain player. So what you expect

But it was not certain players fault that bayern scored 7 times. He can not be so certain at defense

Did you consider that relying only on certain player made things worse? Like when this player is missing, say due to injury, the complete game has to shift, and since he did not miss any minutes last season the team was not used to not have a single one point outlet?

Dude, everyone in right mind would make their game revolve around the greatest player. However, that does not mean that such player should walk the pitch while other are running to compensate for him.

EDIT:

I like what free said something somewhere (i dont remember which thread). He said that Messi should find a middle ground between walking like in the Valencia game and pressing like youngster winger who just got his first chance to impress. Right now, i see Messi walking, almost all the time. The critique does not make Messi any worse, or the team any better!
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:37 am

Fernandinho and Aguero both seem major doubts for the first match, which is really good news.
they had there first loss at home today as-well which will maybe demotivate them.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:44 am

Im more happy at seeing first hand what a Negredo and Dzeko front pairing looks like.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:53 pm

It's looking increasingly likely that we are going to see Messi RW and Cesc false 9 against City. It's apparently the lineup Tata used in training today:

Valdes
Alves Pique Masche Alba
Busquets
Xavi Iniesta
Messi Cesc Pedro

Bye bye CL. Sad

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:56 pm

Not with City's defense (Even cesc should have a field day with Demichellis and Clichy) and the lack of Aguero.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:58 pm

There are news that Aguero could be back.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:13 am

Who is going to run in behind with that line up?

Pedro vs Alexis is width vs someone on the shoulder of the last defender.

You can argue either way on that one and which is more required.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:04 am

Neymar is has been back to training for a while now; so I don't see why we won't use him vs City.

windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:37 am

I don't think it's a terrible idea to play cesc as false nine and messi and neymar in the wings. It's a way to surprise and reinforce the midfield and it worked vs Madrid (although it was a much worse Madrid than current one).
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:47 pm

Im feeling bvery confident now that Messi's back to form already, and Iniesta Xavi looking good. Busquets well rested. And for MAn C I just feel that Pellegrini with his strats means they would be weak defensively. Our defense also quite poor and it should be an entertaining and high scoring tie. As often though, we tend to be too cautious in the first leg, I think we should just go for it vs a weak defense and not build pressure on ourselves for the second leg all the time.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:04 pm

I'll feel good once Iniesta and Messi repeat and improve their on their last game. THis is Iniesta second good game the whole season (I forgot which was the first one)
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:19 am

This iniesta can do a great deal of damage on city's wall where ever it is made. I just hope he keeps on doing magic dribbling for 3 consecutive matches. I cant see many city players coping up with his small and quick pass with Messi.
Tata will have a tough time to select front three. But still i believe Pedro will be sacrificed and justifiably so.
In the mid i cant see Cesc playing if i were to select. because we must play our own game not their's. And to play our game we need Xavi. And iniesta and busq simply irreplaceable. So cesc can only be a supersub. But considering the fact that Tata likes him more, anything can happen. But because Xavi is rested , i think there was a reason for that.
Defense still very much vulnerable. while adriano and alves must start if not injured, i cant think of the safest combo for centre duo among the names available. pique is certain to play and puyol is certain not to play, thats the best i can think of. Again considering tata's favour to mash, may be he will start. But whoever starts i think without a collective defense its impossible for us to come out with a good result from etihad.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:26 am

So this is it.

The moment of truth. Pretty *bleep* nervous and excite at the same time. This feels like a semi final to me. MASSIVE test for Tata, the squad, EVERYONE.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:58 am

We are *bleep*ed.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:45 am

Fußball wrote:We are *bleep*ed.

There is hope. The Fußball gods are interfering:

Mascherano picked up a knock. It's not yet clear if he'll be able to play against Man City on Tuesday. #fcblive #ucl [md]

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:57 am

I'd feel more comfortable with Alba being declared not fit to play...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:36 am

I'd feel more comfortable with both Mascherano and Alba injured....and Adriano and Montoya. Jesus we need to make some moves this summer. That back line is a hot mess.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:16 am

I was also really worried heading into this game, but after a bit of reflection I don't think we are in that bad of a shape. Our biggest test were both Madrid teams in which we played 4 games (Atleti 3 times and RM 1 time). We held our own against the likes of Costa, Villa, Turan, Ronaldo, Bale, Jese, Benzema, Modric, etc. Don't see why we can't do it too Silva, Nasri, Negredo, Dezko, Toure. I also believe we may intimidate City a bit as well and considering they just played Chelsea two days before us they will be a little tired. I believe if we win, draw, or even lose by a goal will wrap this up at home. City need to beat us by at least 2-3 goals for them to be safe, which I don't see happening (I hope).
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:18 pm

I can see city scores one from open play and another 1 from a set-piece.

I'm still confident overall tho. Hope the game will be good.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next