sportsczy
Art Morte
mr-r34
Helmer
iftikhar
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How Would You Do It!!! Empty How Would You Do It!!!

Post by iftikhar Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:29 am

Imagine you are Moyes, Martinez, Mourinho, Pellegrini, Wegner or any other manager and you have a game against Liverpool.

What would you do! What would be your team selection, game plan etc. How would you stifle (or provoc) Suarez, how would you contain Coutinho, how would you get past Shako.

We can start with the upcoming Cardiff game.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

How Would You Do It!!! Empty Re: How Would You Do It!!!

Post by Helmer Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:39 pm

well there is no game plan right now which could stop us from scoring eco smile

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:31 pm

All depends on what players are at your disposal so its hard to kind of forma game plan.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:28 pm

I've watched two Cardiff games this season, against both the Manchester clubs - and as we know, they beat City and drew United - but I don't really remember what were their plans and systems in those matches. I don't know can they hope to do anything else at Anfield but to sit deep and hope to hit us on the counter, Campbell and Odemwingie can be dangerous on the counter.

Our Boxing Day game against Manchester City should be quite interesting, though. I mean, from tactical point of view, too. They'll be without Aguero, hopefully without Zabaleta. Their CBs, especially Demichelis and Lescott are there for the taking for Suarez. But they've got such a ridiculous amount of skill in Silva, Yaya Toure, Navas, Nasri that those guys can just pass and dribble us to death.

I kinda like this thread idea, but when replying I realize this is going to overlap a lot with match threads... Maybe, Iftikhar, you should just ask this question in each match thread Razz
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:50 pm

lol... ok guys, stop being delusional for a second if it's possible.  Liverpool is in 2nd place.  It's not like you have a 10 point lead.  And you just beat the Spurs ffs.  Give me a break.

How do you beat Liverpool?  You don't need to be a genius manager to figure it out.  Destroy the midfield and attack the fullbacks.  City and Arsenal have very good midfielders that Liverpool can't match.  Ozil, Cazorla, Ozil and Nasri play wide for those teams and i also don't like those matchups at against the fullbacks.  Chelsea is very talent wide too.

The key this year is that Liverpool is winning the games it is supposed to mostly.  That'll keep the club in the top 1/3 of the table.  But to get into the top 3, Liverpool is going to have to beat teams like Arsenal, Chelsea and City.  I don't think that's plausible.  However, Liverpool can definitely get the 4th spot as the competition is Everton, Spurs, Newcastle and Man U.  Man U is the one to watch out for.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:54 pm

Sportsczy in the contention to be the next Spurs Manager Proud Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:56 pm

I really don't think Ifty made this thread with the attitude that we are unstoppable now Smile

Just a genuine question how we think teams should play against us, knowing our strengths and weaknesses.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:00 pm

sports we know where we are...fffs we are even not sure if we would win against Cardiff this Weekend. As Arty explained this thread was just created which weaknesses from our Team can be exploited by the Opposition Teams :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:16 pm

On an unrelated note (that's one of my favorite "phrases" in English, btw), how long do you think it will take Ifty to discover the question mark (?) symbol on his device? hmm

It's been a few years now!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:50 pm

mr-r34 wrote:All depends on what players are at your disposal so its hard to kind of forma game plan.

Dam im an idiot , didn't even read the thread properly ffs.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:56 pm

Art Morte wrote:On an unrelated note (that's one of my favorite "phrases" in English, btw), how long do you think it will take Ifty to discover the question mark (?) symbol on his device? hmm

It's been a few years now!

ROFL. Man, you will kill me.

About the thread, we don't really discuss opposition tactics in the match threads. We have a thread for rival performance. So here we discuss rival tactics.

I really don't know much about Cardiff. However, City will attack Flanagan. This will keep Lucas rather deep and will pull the CBs to a side creating a vacum on the right. Another thing they will do is attack light-weight Allen with Toure sucking Henderson deep to his assist. That will not only cut the supply line, our three attacker will face four (even five) defenders.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:01 pm

sportsczy wrote:lol... ok guys, stop being delusional for a second if it's possible.  Liverpool is in 2nd place.  It's not like you have a 10 point lead.  And you just beat the Spurs ffs.  Give me a break.

How do you beat Liverpool?  You don't need to be a genius manager to figure it out.  Destroy the midfield and attack the fullbacks.  City and Arsenal have very good midfielders that Liverpool can't match.  Ozil, Cazorla, Ozil and Nasri play wide for those teams and i also don't like those matchups at against the fullbacks.  Chelsea is very talent wide too.

The key this year is that Liverpool is winning the games it is supposed to mostly.  That'll keep the club in the top 1/3 of the table.  But to get into the top 3, Liverpool is going to have to beat teams like Arsenal, Chelsea and City.  I don't think that's plausible.  However, Liverpool can definitely get the 4th spot as the competition is Everton, Spurs, Newcastle and Man U.  Man U is the one to watch out for.

So we are also delusional when we predict the scores too, right? Come on sport, you are better than this.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:20 pm

God I hate when neutral fans come in and act like they know more about our team than us and call us delusional. Don't get me wrong I love other peoples input, but when they come in and insult us and act like they know more :facepalm:

We all know our shortcomings and how good or bad we are.

But in this section we love our optimism, we enjoy the fact that we have beaten one of our main competitions for the top 4 and look unbeatable at the moment.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:26 pm

Sorry... i was in the midst of blowing my lid at someone for calling Ribery undeserving of being in the ballon d'or podium, let alone win it. Should probably let it go since the award is such a sham anynow lol.

Anyhow, Liverpool is headed in the right direction. A midfielder and a fullback away from really being dangerous.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:29 am

I'm certain Sports has only really watched Liverpool this season so I don't think he's wrong in this case to be honest.* We play nothing like last season bar the last game, and a quarter of the West Ham game so hasn't really seen us play that attacking possession based style of play consistently.

He's only really seen us 'test' stupid systems so far, and were fortunate to get points at this point because we WERE poor.

*Strictly talking about "how" to beat us.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:45 am

How Would You Do It!!! 1545919-129092786498235257
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:13 am

Red Alert literally no one agrees with you in the stupid systems argument, so please don't start it again. We've talked about that a million times, it's soooooooo boring at this point.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:41 am

Do you honestly think I care if "no one agrees" with my "stupid system" debate? If I did I'd stop posting for good. Which the inevitable will happen half way through January next year so I guess your New Years resolution will come true. Wink

I swear to God half this section watches games like 10 year olds and the other half seem to be inactive. "We won Liverpool all the way yes!!1111" seems to be half of everyone's attitude this season. Grow the *bleep* up. Oh, and I find it hilarious how you don't "agree" yet have noargument to defeat what I say. lol.

I really miss RedO and Arq. Where have they gone ffs. I miss talking bout football. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:27 am

Can we just seriously make a new thread, were you guys can argue about systems in it all you want and not derail the other threads.
Stop shitting on eac other FFS, diference of opinions, stop slagging each other off.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:48 am

Red Alert wrote:Do you honestly think I care if "no one agrees" with my "stupid system" debate? If I did I'd stop posting for good. Which the inevitable will happen half way through January next year so I guess your New Years resolution will come true. Wink

I swear to God half this section watches games like 10 year olds and the other half seem to be inactive. "We won Liverpool all the way yes!!1111" seems to be half of everyone's attitude this season. Grow the *bleep* up. Oh, and I find it hilarious how you don't "agree" yet have noargument to defeat what I say. lol.

I really miss RedO and Arq. Where have they gone ffs. I miss talking bout football. Sad

You don't talk about football you never have and most likely never will you whine about it like a little girl! So before you go up against insulting everyone in this forum please understand what you are saying
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:57 am

Fahim89 wrote:
Red Alert wrote:Do you honestly think I care if "no one agrees" with my "stupid system" debate? If I did I'd stop posting for good. Which the inevitable will happen half way through January next year so I guess your New Years resolution will come true. Wink

You don't talk about football you never have and most likely never will you whine about it like a little girl! So before you go up against insulting everyone in this forum please understand what you are saying

Yes, because my 7,000 of my posts have been about cricket. :facepalm:

I know what I'm talking about. It's not my fault half this forum is too dumb founded by the fact that we're second and don't watch performances, and just look at results to see that everything is positive.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:58 am

Also, please tell me where this "little girl" has ever insulted anyone and everyone in this forum please.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:24 am

Red Alert wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:

Yes, because my 7,000 of my posts have been about cricket. :facepalm:

I know what I'm talking about. It's not my fault half this forum is too dumb founded by the fact that we're second and don't watch performances, and just look at results to see that everything is positive.

In all honesty we just had our only complete performance of the season, if that. That was against a shit spurs side which got red carded as well.

I think most people would agree, when we did play good passing football and couldn't get the results we are getting now, we under achieved massively. All i care now is about winning games and not worrying about how fancy we play, united did it with SAF and that won them some tittles.

Having a perfect playing system and getting results, can't be expected of our squad and BR right now, right now we just need to be cranking results out whilst working towards the philosophy that BR sees for the club for the future.

Right now i see us as somewhat of a one man show with Suarez in the form he is in, you expect that with a player of his caliber in our team, i just hope when Sturridge comes back they get back to that understanding they had that showed promise.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:25 am

P.S Insulting our own, calling each other names, FFS guys let's not stop that low.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:18 am

YNWA mate I am not usually someone who would pick up a fight in this forum and i for one feel i haven't with anyone of us regular posters . . both of us have been around for a long time now and never have we crossed paths, atleast i can't recall! However, some odd things you said did piss me off a bit, thus the reaction! I'm sorry if i went off rail.

Now on the topic of contributing to the forum i am not someone who doubts the managers decisions much, as a result i am not for one posting against the system. Now i hope that does not mean that i do not love and support this club, right? I have always been a very strong optimist! I have always looked at the positives in our team and have always fought against Art many times but i felt that kept a good balance to our forum the discussions wielded on based on the strengths and weaknesses. But lately i have found us scrutinizing a bit more. Thus i have on the large refrained from posting at most times.

However, that in no way can suggest that i am a half witted fan who doesn't look into the games sincerely trust me my friend anyone and everyone who knows me knows it very well that there is only one thing on planet earth that i am so passionate about, its Liverpool FC and all things related to it.

Now i would apologize again for an indecent behavior that i might have shown towards you but those were all because of some relevance to a common cause, again LFC!

So we can call it a truce then?

How Would You Do It!!! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpd4lt3JpG7tNUgnEY10vK5Jo0j1I2_96B7RMZWW3JqmXcx9hm

Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum