the xcx
Kaladin
RedOranje
30 posters

Page 43 of 43 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 41, 42, 43

Go down

Destiny - Page 43 Empty Re: Destiny

Post by RedOranje Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:15 am

I rather doubt they'll introduce any completely new destinations for this expansion. More than likely you'll have to wait for the major expansion in late summer/early Autumn for anything like that.

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:46 am

RedOranje wrote:I still suspect that the claims of all Destiny's DLC being in the game originally and simply cut are notably simplistic and wide of the mark.  I think there's more to it than that by far.

I've been wondering about the same thing. The reason why people started claiming that the game had been broken up and part of it had been turned into DLC, in the first place, is because the original content was considered by many people to be relatively incoherent, lacking in substance, and overall an odd version of a final product that seemed to have been a result of several puzzle pieces being shuffled around for some unknown reason.

There have been several claims and theories about the game having to be rushed out for it's planned release date, as well as theories for why it had to be rushed out. It may only be speculation, but a lot of things about the game and it's development process just don't make a lot of sense, and I think it's only logical that people want to try and make sense of it all, although the claims might all be nothing but speculative theories.

Poor Peter Dinklage received a lot of negative criticism, as a result of his contribution to Destiny's original content, and I personally don't think he's the one to blame for it.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:02 am

As an example of why I suspect things have been read too much into, look at the Vault Space issue. People complained for ages at the relative lack of space, claiming that it was simply a poor decision by Bungie to design it as such. Turns out, however, they did so for a specific reason, namely the memory constraints of the previous generation of consoles. The 1.1.2 patch which will increase vault space does so at a cost for PS3/360 users, they lose the ability to examine weapon and armor details while in the vault and instead must withdraw the item and exit the vault before examining the gear. Its an issue never considered by most critics but one that makes complete sense after explaining.

The entire game is a relatively new and unique experience. I can't help but think that the incredibly limited and flawed story are a product of the risks taken. Bungie moved on a very ambitious project but insodoing took on major risks and the limitations of the game reflect that. Between hardware limitations and uncertainty over how to handle the novel game type I think they ended up opting for a world-building, game-play centric game at the cost of a more indepth and engaging story... perhaps mistakenly.

Even with that said, the supposed "leak" of the intended story was, in my opinion, rather cliched and overdone and I'm not terribly bothered by the lack of such content if those rumours were indeed correct. The game remains hugely fun to play simply by how well its gameplay is designed and, repetitive as many find it, I still enjoy running strikes, raids, and even just running and gunning and exploring in patrol.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:42 pm

RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin