the xcx
Kaladin
RedOranje
30 posters

Page 6 of 43 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24 ... 43  Next

Go down

Destiny - Page 7 Empty Re: Destiny

Post by Firenze Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:19 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Yeah meant to say, is there a big potential gap in terms of levelling up for equipment and all that

I.E if you're twice as high ranked as somebody, does the high rank give you tools to make an unfair fight even worse I.E better armour and significantly better guns?

Or is it like COD where as soon as you unlock a respectable gun you're sorted minus the odd OP perk

yup

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:21 am

Worrying

I'll play it enough, but by the time I have it I imagine 80% of the players in the lobby will rape me even if they have no skill.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:23 am

Firenze wrote:
Tomwin Lannister wrote:Yeah meant to say, is there a big potential gap in terms of levelling up for equipment and all that

I.E if you're twice as high ranked as somebody, does the high rank give you tools to make an unfair fight even worse I.E better armour and significantly better guns?

Or is it like COD where as soon as you unlock a respectable gun you're sorted minus the odd OP perk

yup

really? Isn't it like certain level range play certain level range?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:27 am

I dunno. I just meant that like traditional RPG's/MMO's the higher level you are the better equipment you can unlock and wear
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:31 am

Firenze wrote:It plays like Halo and looks like Halo. I will play it, it may even surprise me and hook me, I just don't think I'll have the time to keep up with people. I hope there isn't a level range requirement for co-op.

Good thing about it is the free roam part, I don't play enough anymore to keep up with those who play all day erry day.

But the free roam part means I can go at my own pace and complete missions with people.

It's one of the reasons I like GTA, I.can go away for months and then drop straight back in at my leisure.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:34 am

Don't worry, RO will rescue us soon with the answers :bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:36 am

Ya, if quests are good and fun and there's plenty of them in the story mode type thing then that's good

Hope quests aren't a half-assed addition for people who cba playing PVP

I.E walk to X place, kill infinite spawns of people then drive to Y place and spend 5 minutes loading the lobby again

Hope they have depth to them
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:21 am

Pay attention lads, this is the part of the thread that's really important:

Yohan Modric wrote:How many game modes are there in multiplayer?
Game Modes:

Crucible (PvP):
Level advantages disabled, so weapon damage and armour defense balanced out to put players on an even footing regardless of level.  Perks for weapons, armour, and subclasses are still on though.

Clash: 6-v-6 team death match

Combined Arms: 6-v-6 team death match with vehicles

Control: 6-v-6 team battle; secure and hold 3 control points that multiply points for team kills when held

Rumble: 6 player free-for-all

Salvage: 3-v-3 team match; secure and defend objectives from opposing team

Skirmish: 3-v-3 Control, but with revive turned out and extended respawn timers

The Iron Banner (PvP):
The Crucible but without the balancing... all levels, weapon damage, and armour ratings apply.  All Crucible match types are available under the Iron Banner, I believe.  Those who do well and earn high reputation can then get access to rather kick-ass armour and weapons with special perks.*

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Faction Wars (PvP?):  Honestly unclear at this time.  It wasn't available in the Alpha or Beta as far as I'm aware and hasn't really been shown in any of the trailers or other information released.  May be PvP mode where those representing the different factions can battle.

Story (PvE): The story missions... can be played alone or with a strike team (of 2 or 3).

Explore(PvE): Open world exploration in areas where story missions are located.  Open multiplayer with other players playing right alongside you, rather they're in your fire team or friend's list or not.  Small missions available along with larger public events.

Strike (PvE): Structured, replayable missions lasting around 15-30 minutes that are designed for 3-person Fireteams.  They start in open public areas, meaning that players can begin by participating in public events, encounter other Fireteams, or explore before beginning the Strike itself. When the Fireteam enters the "Strike proper," it becomes private, and the Fireteam will no longer encounter other players which is when objectives will kick in.  Strikes generally end with a type of "boss battle" against a particularly difficult and unique enemy type.

Raid (PvE): End game content.  Extremely difficult missions that can only be undertaken with a 6-person group (2 fireteams) organized prior to undertaking the raid... no matchmaking or anonymous participation.  These are meant to be the types of challenges you play in once you've reached the level cap and gotten some top tier Legendary or Exotic gear and the rewards will be even more glorious gear.  There will be only one Raid included in the initial release of the game.

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Question

Is there a significant single player portion? I ask because I'll be getting a lot later than everyone else and if everyone has stopped playing the multiplayer then I'd need a reason to buy it.
There are a collection of story missions but they won't constitute the majority of the game... and while they can be played in single player they're open to multiplayer as well.  You can play Explore (which is open world, task driven) without a strike team as well, though you will see other players and strike teams running around in the same areas and battling alongside you, especially in the public events when particularly strong enemies show up.

Yohan Modric wrote:Hopefully there's a game mode similar to Search and Destroy.
See above.

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I really like futuristic shooters as it goes, much prefer it to the ultra realistic military shooter anyway.
This should suit your tastes well then.

Firenze wrote:It plays like Halo and looks like Halo. I will play it, it may even surprise me and hook me, I just don't think I'll have the time to keep up with people. I hope there isn't a level range requirement for co-op.
The game is a good bit more tactical than Halo (particularly in PvP) and the differing movement types and more varied attacks mean that firefights aren't quite as formulaic.

No.  In Crucible matches players are averaged out so that weapons all have relatively similar damage outputs and armour ratings don't really apply either (though special perks for weapons, armour, and subclass do still feature).  Unless you play in the Iron Banner, of course (see above).

*Along with the Iron Banner items you can also unlock other special weapons from different factions both in Crucible (Future War Cult, Dead Orbit, New Monarchy, Osiris, Seven Seraphs) and in PvE (Vanguard) by completing bounties and thus increasing overall regard within that faction.

Last edited by RedOranje on Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:23 am

Nice one

Will get it towards the end of this year. The range of game modes looks interesting.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:29 am

If you have any more real questions about mechanics or specifics or the game, classes, game types or whatever I'll try my best to answer but you might also want to give these two Youtube channels a look... both have a long of good information and explanations about things in Destiny:

https://www.youtube.com/user/DattoDoesDestiny/featured

https://www.youtube.com/user/MoreConsole/featured
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:30 am

That's the most informative post about Destiny I've seen lol. Reading on IGN is a hassle cause 80% is their opinion on if they would be good at doing this or not.

Crucible (PvP) mode seems to be the typical FPS mode found in COD etc. Think we will most likely play that. Clash specially

Salvage is basically search and destroy. Glad to see level cap is there to make it fair.

Will still play the iron banner for the banter to kill highest level guys.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:33 am

Only thing i'm wondering about now is how smooth the matchmaking is

GTA online had a similar idea in terms of a big free roam lobby, with the option to take part in seperate missions all over the map. It was a massive failure in that aspect with terrible matchmaking, long waits in between missions with missions themselves being really half assed.

Doubt we'll know legitimately how smooth the different 'events' and matchmaking turn out to be until it's been released so whenever you and other GL users get it fill us in about the matchmaking.

I'd imagine being being next gen and all with some developers having been involved with gigantic pick up & play multiplayer games it should be fine.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:33 am

Yeah I read IGN sometimes but really to get a (bias) idea of a new major game you have to filter out 90% of the article and then decide if the remaining 10% is bias or not.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:34 am

Think Bungie are very reliable on servers and matchmaking looking back at Halo years. Mole can confirm

They should handle it better than rockstar potentially.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:36 am

The other problem was how it was executed in GTA. You never felt like you were jumping straight into a mission with people after leaving free roam. It put you in an ugly lobby then in a seperate game world with hardly any pedestrians or vehicles. It felt really empty.

Surely this lot will do it much better, in R*s defence they'd never done anything like this before
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:40 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Only thing i'm wondering about now is how smooth the matchmaking is

GTA online had a similar idea in terms of a big free roam lobby, with the option to take part in seperate missions all over the map. It was a massive failure in that aspect with terrible matchmaking, long waits in between missions with missions themselves being really half assed.

Doubt we'll know legitimately how smooth the different 'events' and matchmaking turn out to be until it's been released so whenever you and other GL users get it fill us in about the matchmaking.

I'd imagine being being next gen and all with some developers having been involved with gigantic pick up & play multiplayer games it should be fine.

Speaking from my experience in the beta, there are long-ish load times to start the game types in the locations, but once you get to an Explore map you're then free to run around without loading, even when starting missions or public events. The missions in Explore aren't particularly deep or complicated but the public events can be fun and honestly just running around trying crazy crap against enemies is pretty entertaining... especially if you can find the secret areas with much higher level enemies. Story and Strike games are all fairly deep and challenging (at least at low levels in Beta) and I can only imagine what the Raid is going to be like. Crucible matches are intense and Iron Banner kicked my arse from here to Anfield and back. For the most part though, Bungie are relying on the players to organize their own Fireteams and Strike teams, so don't expect a lot of anonymous match-making for PvE game types.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:41 am

I didn't really like GTA online at all tbh. It was a bit shit how the matchmaking worked. Often I was in maps with 2 other people only. And sometimes if i wanted to join with a mate, we would end up in completely different lobbies.

Think that's why it didn't work out the way R* wanted. Might be better in GTA6
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:41 am

Above being part of the reason I'd like to get a GL group for Destiny set up some time before release.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:42 am

If PVE is legit and challenging I'll have plenty of fun in that.

'Boss' monsters in games have the challenging feel of PVP if they're done right without the rage that comes with another human being winding you up Laughing
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:43 am

In the Beta there was only one Explore map (Old Russia) but there were generally 20 others in it at least when I was playing there... and it was a pretty huge map so things didn't feel too crowded either.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:08 am

McLewis wrote:
RedOranje wrote:PS4, Mclewis?

Nah, Xbox One

B-Mac wrote:
McLewis wrote:
RedOranje wrote:PS4, Mclewis?

Nah, Xbox One

mah man Proud

Jonathan28 wrote:I gotta check and make sure I got B-Mac and McLewis as friends on Xbox Live, I need reliable people to do the higher level Strikes with. Laughing

I'm not sure if I'll take part if the Raid, since they're so damn long and you need a party of 6 to start it, and because Bungie, being as predictably stubborn as they are, are refusing to learn from the huge mistake they made with Firefight Mode in ODST, and haven't included a matchmaking system for Raids, so you have to organise your own group to deal with the Raid.

Not to worry though, they'll probably patch in matchmaking for the Raid a couple of months after launch, once they see it die as fast as Firefight mode did.

Bummer, was looking forward to playing with all the lads on here.
Also:
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:57 am

One of the things to think about is that the PvE in this game is more fun when playing in a fire squad. It'll be especially more fun with friends, but even with randoms it'll be better than going at it alone. Getting this game later on might not be the best choice if you are going to want to play it with friends.

Anyway, from what I gathered from playing the beta, Iron Banner is absolutely shite. I understand why they put this mode in, they are taking more of an MMO type approach here, but balance in competitive multiplayer is everything. I played the 'normal' mode that was available in the beta (the name escapes me) quite a bit and always ended up as first or second in my team. When I started playing Iron Banner I kept being among the worst players simply because others had better gear. Unless you have full on legendary gear I would stay the hell away from this PvP game mode.

EDIT: I read Mole's question about buying this game a while after release when I wrote this.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:31 am

RealGunner wrote:Think Bungie are very reliable on servers and matchmaking looking back at Halo years. Mole can confirm

They should handle it better than rockstar potentially.

They are probably about as good as it gets in terms of mainstream company and matchmaking goes.

I don't we will have a problem in that regard.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:19 am

In previous games Bungie were using Microsoft servers though, pretty much the most reliable out there. We'll see how they handle it this time.

I hope those little pricks who brought down PSN, Battle.net, Brazzers etc over the weekend don't bring down Destiny servers on launch day. I need something to play when I come back from work Laughing
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:40 pm

Any Xbox One guys wanting to pre-purchase and pre load the digital version of Destiny can do so now. It seems MS put forward the initial download date due to yesterdays leak. Laughing

Click for links to Store

Just bought the Digital Guardian Edition, which includes the price for the future expansions, from US store, for cheaper than buying the limited edition retail version from Amazon. Downloading the game now.

Thank you MS for no region locks.

Destiny - Page 7 Wog7xNP
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:58 pm

So pumped for this game.
LeVersacci