RealGunner
Highburied
DuringTheWar
urbaNRoots
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
45 posters

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Arsene Wenger Contract Discussion Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Arsene Wenger Contract Discussion Thread

Post by Sina Fri May 30, 2014 6:54 pm

^i wish thats the case

https://24.media.tumblr.com/848a027112b87fbc4d160004716e984e/tumblr_n645lrKKfX1qioxq6o2_500.jpg
https://31.media.tumblr.com/ab2614de7bffee75e0896daa1da35eb9/tumblr_n645lrKKfX1qioxq6o3_500.jpg
https://24.media.tumblr.com/b39f8b009f2550aed28dd4dd3f6754c0/tumblr_n645lrKKfX1qioxq6o4_500.jpg
https://24.media.tumblr.com/3f3868671777c3b7aac78eaa946b1c89/tumblr_n645lrKKfX1qioxq6o5_500.jpg
https://31.media.tumblr.com/48cb54071b2226ea611f736907f59a7b/tumblr_n645lrKKfX1qioxq6o6_500.jpg
https://24.media.tumblr.com/9d35e68ec754545a3e7b54c8102a03c8/tumblr_n645lrKKfX1qioxq6o7_500.jpg
https://31.media.tumblr.com/ea9cf07685f747c2b7b2f002377ef31b/tumblr_n645lrKKfX1qioxq6o8_500.jpg
 :wub: 

Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Arsene Wenger Contract Discussion Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Arsene Wenger Contract Discussion Thread

Post by MJ Fri May 30, 2014 7:13 pm

Genuinely excited for this summer's window. I don't want to look back at these words and feel they've bitten me in the ass but I don't think they will.

It's time, Wenger's speaking like he knows it too.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri May 30, 2014 8:35 pm

Inb4horriblestarttonextseason
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat May 31, 2014 10:04 am

‘We know we have to have a successful June and July, that’s where you strengthen the team,’ said the Gunners boss.

‘It’s very important that we are good now in the next two months until the end of August, that we can give to the team some more quality and go into next season with the belief we got from [the FA Cup] win.

‘Should the fans expect a big summer? Yes, they should expect that.

‘What I can promise is that we work very hard in a market that is very, very congested with many people who have a lot of money.

‘But we have a big advantage, players want to join us and if we find the right quality I’m sure we can strengthen the team

He added: ‘We are entering a very exciting period. We have a strong squad, financial stability and huge support around the world.

'The club has always shown faith in me and I’m very grateful for that. We have gone through fantastic periods and also periods where we have had to stick together.

This doesn't sound like him at all, he is usually cautious about these things. Arsene to go on a crazy spending spree  cheers
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat May 31, 2014 2:31 pm

A nice little read by 7amkickoff in the comments section of one of his blog entries ... http://www.7amkickoff.com/2014/allez-arsene/comment-page-1/#comment-99844
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:24 pm

MJ wrote:Genuinely excited for this summer's window. I don't want to look back at these words and feel they've bitten me in the ass but I don't think they will.

Bump

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:35 pm

6unner wrote:
MJ wrote:Genuinely excited for this summer's window. I don't want to look back at these words and feel they've bitten me in the ass but I don't think they will.

Bump

It's September, is there nothing better to do?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:05 pm

With the team looking worse right now than I can remember it it ever looking before with or without injuries. Another transfer window where we seemed to not invest in the right direction or strengthen the team. What seems like a complete lack of clarity and vision of where the teams direction is. While we are looking farther off the pace of challenging for anything.

"It's September, is there nothing better to do?"
or
Is it to late we are in this for another 3 years?

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:15 pm

We're not suffering poor form because of our transfer business but because of the tactics we're implementing.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:30 pm

I actually think it is a mixture of both. If we would have invested different, we would have had different options as tactics. Since we did not really strengthen in the window we are stuck trying to play the best 11 that we have even with some out of position. The tactics seem to have changed to try and fit the personnel.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:07 pm

MJ wrote:We're not suffering poor form because of our transfer business but because of the tactics we're implementing.

Wenger refusing to address the DM problem plays a part. Arteta as a DM is a joke and Flamini is good enough against mediocre opposition. He needed to buy an upgrade but he didn't.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:38 pm

Art Morte wrote:
MJ wrote:We're not suffering poor form because of our transfer business but because of the tactics we're implementing.

Wenger refusing to address the DM problem plays a part. Arteta as a DM is a joke and Flamini is good enough against mediocre opposition. He needed to buy an upgrade but he didn't.

We wouldn't be playing like this in the old setup, even with Arteta at DM tbh. I'm upset we didn't sign one but he's not useless and is better at Flamini in a holding midfield role. This formation just leaves him exposed to an unbelievable degree.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:04 am

Art Morte wrote:

True to some degree but like I said in other thread, even if we play prime Makelele there, we would still lose. If it's personnel problem only, we can live with that ( like the last 9 years). It's just more serious than that.

Wenger spent 2 years to change from very successful 4-4-2 to 4-3-3 to accommodate Cesc. When we finally got it and played some good football, he had to change again to 4-2-3-1 because Cesc left and we have so many CM converted to pseudo winger. And now when we sorta got 4-2-3-1 work last year, he changing again to 4-1-4-1 just to accommodate abundance of CM that we have ( at least this is the guess that fans have)

Sometimes I just don't get the man.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:53 pm

What Twoism said and why I do believe that our transfer policy is at least partially to blame for our current down turn. Wenger refuses to bench part of his favorites in order to put a workable system in that would be a better fit for the personnel we have. All while refusing to use the transfer window upgrade the positions we need.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:17 pm

6unner wrote:What Twoism said and why I do believe that our transfer policy is at least partially to blame for our current down turn. Wenger refuses to bench part of his favorites in order to put a workable system in that would be a better fit for the personnel we have. All while refusing to use the transfer window upgrade the positions we need.

Even if we bought all the right players, Wenger would still play them out of position. The stubborn one will never leave, or adapt.

There is no rotation at Arsenal, Wenger only makes changes if the player gets injured and afraid to make subs. Getting a win against Arsenal is pretty easy for top teams and most mid-table teams.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:39 pm

Started Ozil on the left just to be a stubborn twat. Laughing Seriously, how can people stand by this stuff? His arrogance is clearly detrimental to the club.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:08 pm

1991 wrote:Started Ozil on the left just to be a stubborn twat. Laughing Seriously, how can people stand by this stuff? His arrogance is clearly detrimental to the club.

I cant stand him. I wont lie I am losing interest in football because of him.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:06 pm

Can't believe a contract thread gets bumped every time we drop points, incredible.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:31 am

Lol...

I know this is all just hypothetical, but I wonder how things would be, where we would be and how we would be playing if, as my friend on twitter @jimbobgooner would say, Wenger just did the respectful thing and resigned a few years ago.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:07 am

I think its more likely we would have found ourselves out of the champions league than winning the title.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:30 am

I will judge Wenger, like I always do, at the end of the campaign.

My aims for this season are the same as last season:

* To challenge for the title until the end
* To finish in the top 4
* To win a cup
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:59 pm

SamuelJayC wrote:I will judge Wenger, like I always do, at the end of the campaign.

My aims for this season are the same as last season:

* To challenge for the title until the end
* To finish in the top 4
* To win a cup

You're aims are too low. Unfortunately they reflect the majority of Arsenal fans, the idiots who pay the highest ticket prices in the world and still buy into the myth that we're some small poor club from North London.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:11 pm

I love Arsene and I don't want him to be sacked or anything. He is an all time legend and will go down as one of the most important figure we have ever had, but I think Arsenal as a whole can do with a new approach.

Right now, we can all agree that out of all the 'crisis' clubs in Liverpool, Everton, Tottenham and us, Arsene is the only one who can get us out faster than the other managers and get us to a top 4 place and whatever. However we can also agree that we are all tired of the same thing every year. It's not all Arsene's fault, I don't blame him for external factors. But maybe it's time for us to change direction and start a new era.

I am also fearful we might end up as United after Fergie and most of the Arsenal fanbase might be too but we will have to go through a managerial transition eventually.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:20 pm

Wenger won't leave us with a squad in need of major regeneration, at least. That would aid the transition.

It's too early for "Wenger out" talk but this is a year where he has even less excuses than he's ever had because the squad is as strong as its ever been and not getting that squad of players playing well and winning games would be inexcusable.

What's also different is that the problems aren't about what we're lacking but how we're using the players we have. He's made some strange decisions regarding the shape of the team and who plays where and they haven't even been forced on him because of injuries.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:43 pm

Yea agreed

He is trying to force a system which would suit Ozil-Wilshere-Ramsey but he can't do it. But he is still trying to tweak every match. It's costing us but I don't know why he is so adamant about it.

Last match he played Wilshere as the LCM so him and Ozil can interchange. It kinda worked since Ozil was very good and even Ramsey looked sharp. But injuries piled up to two of the three and it all went downhill.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:21 pm

you lot should have waited after our annual lost away at Chelsea :coffee:

Last edited by EL Patron on Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next