Jay29
RealGunner
Sri
43 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Arsenal Lobby Empty Arsenal Lobby

Post by Sri Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:29 pm

I have been thinking about it all week.. given the importance of Citeh, we HAVE to rotate at Napoli.. But I have a feeling AW will not want to take any chances there and we will have to field a stronger team there.. 4-0 at San Siro brings back a haunting memory..

I think, just like the Yanited game, we will be knackered for the Citeh game and drop 3 points.. That won't be all that bad if Soton pull off a win tonight and we pull off a win against Chavs after that.. Fingers crossed man..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Lobby Empty Re: Arsenal Lobby

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Diaby in l'Equipe today : "The idea of giving up football had crossed my mind. Then, I talked with the Boss, and chose to fight"

Diaby : "Yes, i follow the french team. But priority is to come back with my club. I will take my time, i want to be back for good"

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:52 am

Two terrific interviews with Mertesacker and Ozil here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10501748/Per-Mertesacker-says-I-am-proud-to-be-part-of-the-Arsenal-tradition-ahead-of-Evertons-visit-to-Emirates-Stadium.html

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/06/mesut-ozil-arsenal-germany-real-madrid?CMP=twt_gu

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:59 pm

Remember that Bad buys 4 life rap? on park and Bendtner

Korean guys made this as a reply against the guy who made that rap Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:17 pm

Will have Napoli-Arsenal preview tomorrow night after work.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:31 pm

Darren ‏@DarrenArsenal1 wrote:Asked Ivan about the Bergkamp statue unveiling, only reason hasn't happened is they want to do it with him in attendance So waiting for him to be available for the unveiling. Ivan also said they 'could' be a surprise other statue also unveiled.
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:05 pm

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/50523/arsenal-train-ahead-of-napoli-match

can we make any assumptions(think Sam does at times) on who are gonna start based on color of the covers they are wearing? hmm
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:37 pm

Sina wrote:http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/50523/arsenal-train-ahead-of-napoli-match

can we make any assumptions(think Sam does at times) on who are gonna start based on color of the covers they are wearing? hmm

Not sure about that, good question though.

I think this will be our line up.

Szczesny
Jenkinson Koscielny Mertesacker Gibbs,
Flamini, Ramsey
Walcott-------- Ozil-------------Cazorla,
Giroud

Hope Podolski makes the bench at least and get some minutes if the game is tied.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:29 pm

I see Bendy(?) Jenko, Poldi and Gibbos wearing the same top and Özil and Ryo wearing the same so I doubt it has anything to do with colors.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:30 pm

Here's a question that's been picking my interest lately: You guys have been in control since the start of the season (well, the Villa game excluded, obviously). You've got a bit of a gap and have had for a while. Playing well and coping with injuries. How come I've seen next to no excitement from Arsenal fans about the very real possibility of winning the Premier League after so many totally dry years?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:47 pm

It's because we've been down this road before and have come up short. In the 07/08 season, we had a four point advantage going into final couple of months but blew it after Eduardo picked up that injury. In  the 10/11 season, we were challenging for the title and looking strong until the Carling Cup final at the start of the March, which we lost and then proceeded to only win three of our remaining league games. Both times we had a strong squad playing excellent football, but still managed to capitulate.

While this current squad is mentally tougher than those squads, we've pretty much been conditioned to expect a slip up whenever things start going well; a bad injury, a bad defeat, an injury crisis, bad mistake costing us a game... just something like that. Hasn't happened yet, but we've got such a long way to go in the season. So while we're enjoying the season so far, we know better than to get too carried away. The manager and players say very much the same thing: we need to stay focused and committed, we need to take things game by game, etc.

If we come out of December still leading the way, though, expect the excitement levels to jump up.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:08 pm

Sina wrote:http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/50523/arsenal-train-ahead-of-napoli-match

Haha, I certainly do!
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:17 pm

Art Morte wrote:Here's a question that's been picking my interest lately: You guys have been in control since the start of the season (well, the Villa game excluded, obviously). You've got a bit of a gap and have had for a while. Playing well and coping with injuries. How come I've seen next to no excitement from Arsenal fans about the very real possibility of winning the Premier League after so many totally dry years?

It's very easy to get carried away in this good form but as Jay said, we're used to expecting the worst, so while we're all very thrilled (could hardly ask for a better season so far) it needs to be curtailed until at least after another couple of months if we're still leading.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:01 pm

ffs sign da thing eco smile
Spoiler:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:26 pm

She is great looking but have you heared her talking? Her voice doesnt suit her face.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:42 pm

i know, i know
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:42 pm

Ffs even if Wenger's voice came out of her mouth I'd still be all over that.

Sign him her up.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:52 pm

Verm's bird is better.... should sign her up too :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:46 pm

MJGunner wrote:Ffs even if Wenger's voice came out of her mouth I'd still be all over that.

Sign him her up.
Laughing
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:16 am

djoe26 wrote:
MJGunner wrote:Ffs even if Wenger's voice came out of her mouth I'd still be all over that.

Sign him her up.
Laughing

WHHHAAAA!!! MJ, I'd expect that to be a complement! Wenger <3 Razz

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:19 pm

Sandwiched between a piece on Barcelona's new Intel deal and FIFA wanting to get tighter on doping, Peter Staunton writes this:

"Arsenal will fall away in the race for the Premier League title as they face a gruelling trip to the Etihad Stadium this Saturday lunchtime. The time is upon them to prove their credentials and show they have the stomach for the battles ahead. But the Gunners are teetering.

Although they are five points clear at the top, nobody genuinely expects them to hold that position come the end of the season. And given City's home form, that lead will be eaten into this weekend if Arsenal come up short.

They are on a poor run of form, all things considered, after failing to beat Everton and being relegated to second place in their Champions League group. Those matches were chances for Arsene Wenger's team to show their capabilities to lead from the front and establish themselves as contenders. They failed on both counts.

What we are about to see now is Arsenal's bright league start diminished. They were lucky in the sense that they did not have to play the Premier League's better sides while rivals took points off each other early in the season. Their one big test, a visit to Old Trafford, resulted in failure.

Simply, Arsenal are not strong enough to win the Premier League and already the excuses are being made. Wenger and Mikel Arteta are complaining about the scheduling of the City game, ignoring that the television company which sets kick-off times is the same one which provides them with a good deal of their income. You can't have it both ways.

After Saturday, Arsenal will be no closer to winning the Premier League title and will be shunted into the category of also-rans, despite still being top of the league.
"

Source: http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2013/12/13/4476004/corporate-barcelona-must-sell-the-family-silver-to-survive?ICID=CP_94

Hatred and rubbish I can understand. But to spew that regularly on a column? This guy just has to do it every single time he writes. If he were writing a report on a beach football tournament in Hawaii (which he doesn't even has the minimum credentials for, as a "journalist", in the first place), he would still find a way to take a dig at Arsenal.

And he works for Goal. :facepalm:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:37 pm

Probably the shittiest sport journalist I have ever come across.. and he always has to find a way of crapping about arsenal.. no matter what he is writing about

What I copy pasted above if from his column on Barca Intel deal.. tell me, how is it even related? 
I always ignore his columns and reports.. i got tricked into this one cuz i wanted to read abt barca intel deal.. 
And this comes today.. yest he did a piece with some other journalist and this guy went on abt how arsenal's season is over cuz we lost to napoli..

Yeah. Sure. That, coupled with everton draw and losing at OT 3 days after winning away to BVB means end of the world.

BVB is the toughest team we played, and we won away to them,. Keep hating and underrating us, we don't need people to talk abt us winning the league. If we play the way we have, then we will be there in May. 

Winning against Spuds and Liverpool mean nothing, but drawing to an in form everton means everything now. L.O.L.

and why the fack do we always have away games against top 5 teams after away legs of CL? in march, we play away in return leg of R16 of CL followed by Spuds away, Chavs away and City at home.
when do we play at OT? 3 days after BVB.
away at Etihad? 2 days after Napoli. TWO! 
FA should go fack itself. 

I am beyond livid right now.
And despite all this, Arteta or Arsene don't have the right to fret about our fixtures? WTF:

#EndRant

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:49 pm

I dont understand, why do they hate arsenal so much? i mean what did we so wrong that they started to hate us?
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:50 pm

even more pathetic is Arsenal Player bothering to do a close up with Mick Bendtner Laughing

as for above post less expectations,less pressure,more motivated players to prove doubters wrong i see only winner there and so many that can potentially look like clowns so chill mate Smile
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:30 pm

What grates me most about that is his use of absolutes. Arsenal will lose to City, Arsenal will fade away, Arsenal aren't good enough, etc. Okay, but why? What's his reasoning? That we lost at Old Trafford? Why is not winning in two games suddenly a bad run of form? I generally don't care what agenda a journalist has, so long as he attempts to give a decent argument backing up his opinion.

Unfortunately, this is going to be the case all season long. We could be top in April and there'll still be articles predicting Arsenal to slip up because we have that stigma of being a team that capitulates when the pressure is on and the going gets tough. We could beat City and Chelsea and they'll just say that we haven't proven anything until we've lifted the trophy. That's just the world of media and journalism for you.

It's easy to feel victimized but it's worth bearing in mind that a lot of clubs suffer from similar treatment.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next