Harmonica
Ganso
free_cat
RealGunner
BarrileteCosmico
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

FC Barcelona - Getafe | Copa del Rey | Jan 8th, 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: FC Barcelona - Getafe | Copa del Rey | Jan 8th, 2013

Post by Khaled Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:47 pm

CBarca wrote:And my point is that our defense is still garbage.

Bringing up the 2011 team doesn't disprove that and they are very different teams regardless.

really? Laughing If our defense is garbage, what should we say about the 94 teams from Europe's top 5 leagues who conceded more goals per game than Barcelona [including 83 teams with more than 1 goal per game].

Barcelona are 4th with 0.66
1- Lille 0.48
2- Roma 0.56
3- Atletico 0.59

Our defending has improved, and you should give credit to the players and Tata. Stop all this non sense. Yes, the defense is our weakest line and we have to improve especially when defending set-pieces but its not garbage.

The team has also improved in terms of pressing. Not yet as well as 2009-2011. Yet, they are improving... Also, I expect them do be at peak in April-May.

Especially, if we reached UCL Final we'll have enough rest. Barcelona will only have 4 games in May [1 week rest between each game]. That's perfect to allow players to press in each as they'll have enough time to rest between each game. Its difficult to expect them to do so in Jan-FEb, where they'll have to play a game every 3-4 days [even in Pep's era the team used to suffer in this period of the season].

Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

FC Barcelona - Getafe | Copa del Rey | Jan 8th, 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: FC Barcelona - Getafe | Copa del Rey | Jan 8th, 2013

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:58 pm

Argentine sports daily Olé changes name to Léo in celebration of Messi's return

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdiLfnlCUAE_Dp2.png
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:13 am

You can throw out all the stats you want, you're not going to convince me our defense is any good.

Hell just in this Getafe game at 2-0 we gave up to a great chance to Diego Castro out of basically nothing and he should have done better with the chance. We went 2-0 down against them not too long ago. The game against Betis is what stands out in my mind as one that has summed up our season defensively so far. In the first 30 minutes Betis had more than a hat trick of pretty good chances to score, and they didn't...we had a cleansheet that game Laughing Let's not forget Valdes's great form either.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:15 am

Oh, also wanted to mention, that Busquets pass to lead to Messi's first goal was :bow:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:26 am

CBarca wrote:You can throw out all the stats you want, you're not going to convince me our defense is any good.

Hell just in this Getafe game at 2-0 we gave up to a great chance to Diego Castro out of basically nothing and he should have done better with the chance. We went 2-0 down against them not too long ago. The game against Betis is what stands out in my mind as one that has summed up our season defensively so far. In the first 30 minutes Betis had more than a hat trick of pretty good chances to score, and they didn't...we had a cleansheet that game :lol:Let's not forget Valdes's great form either.

We conceded 1 chance against Getafe, 1 against Elche... is that too much?
Is there a team in the world that doesn't concede chances or goals, in each every game...

Currently, our defense is one of the best in Europe! #dealwithit We can improve and we should at defending set pieces but that doesn't mean our defense is garbage!

Valdes great form? he's part of our defense.

You're picking a game or 2 in which we weren't at our best. You can say the game about any of the top clubs in Europe Bayern, Atletico, Real or City!

Last edited by Khaled on Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:28 am

Khaled dropping DEM truth bombs. You tell 'em, Khaled. :bow:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:30 am

Most Barcelona fans are so pessimistic nowadays and I hate it. You think our defense is garbage, please go watch City's defense... Some of the mistakes they're doing are hilarious...
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:33 am

CBarca wrote:Oh, also wanted to mention, that Busquets pass to lead to Messi's first goal was :bow:

Busquets' pass to Montoya was class, also Song's pass to Messi for the 4th goal was very good...
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:44 am

Our defense could improve, that is a fact as many areas of many different teams can improve.

but to say our defense sucks because a team like getafe had a good chance against us?
that's a horrible example no team goes 0 shots or 0 shots on target.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:41 am

Alex and busquet's assist were awesome....these days we are missing Xavi's special through passes that were pinpoint and mostly ended up in goals. Another impressive game from Pedro but was disappointed with Alexis. It was another of his old game where he cant simply go through a defender on the wing....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:35 pm

neuro11 wrote:Alex and busquet's assist were awesome....these days we are missing Xavi's special through passes that were pinpoint and mostly ended up in goals. Another impressive game from Pedro but was disappointed with Alexis. It was another of his old game where he cant simply go through a defender on the wing....

I keep reading this everywhile and by extension claiming that Xavi has declined.I read that he is not our main playmaker or that he cant play passes over the defense like Alonso.
I cant help but wonder if people actually watch our games.

First off,his primary role isnt to play the final pass unlike that of Fabregas.His job is to control the midfield and control the pace of the game.His job is to feed players like Fabregas in open space between the lines who can then play the final pass.And he still does that brilliantly.Secondly just because he doesnt play as many final passes doesnt mean he cant.He is still the best final passer on the planet.He just enables others to do it now but that is forgotten.

I keep reading that Xavi ignores runs and doesnt play the final ball instead playing a safe horizontal 2 m pass.I cant help but laugh reading such stuff.The Guardiola way of playing,which has brought the best success in our club's history isnt built on releasing the ball every time someone makes a run.It isnt triger happy football and it most certainly isnt a direct way of playing.Its a patient,indirect style of play that teases and carefully constructs openings.It is based on the principle that u keep the ball,circulate itt,drag opponents out of position,all the while looking for space and the best opportunity for creating an opening.if that means letting a chance for a low percentage play go(when a run is made) in favor of a higher percentage play later on,then so be it.And xavi embodies that way of playing.He isnt trigger happy.He doesnt play the final ball everytime a run is made even though he sees it.He is a percentage player.If he finds that the chances are low,he lets it go knowing that a better chance will eventually come by continuing with the play.And that is what has brought us so many trophies all these years.

I compare him to Fabregas who is very trigger happy.He plays the final ball at the first instance and as a result gets a lot of Hollywood assists.But whats forgotten that is that for every Hollywood ball,he ends up playing 5 poor balls attempting one which ends up in lost possession.He is not even in Xavi's league as a passer and yet people on here claim that only Fabregas can play the kind of final passes that he does.
If Xavi played the way Fab did and released the ball every single time he saw a run,he would have more Hollywood assists than Fab has now.but thats not our style.I mentioned passing in between the lines which is another area where Fab can learn a lot from Xavi.Xavi's passing between the lines has been sublime this season and has countless times set up players in space to play the final ball.

Take the Elche game.Alexis second goal.Alexis makes a run,Xavi doesnt pass knowing that he probably wont be able to give it to Alexis.Fab probaly would have played the final ball there.Xavi is patient instead,continues with the play and circulates the ball.He gets it back,by which time Iniesta has taken up position in between the lines.Xavi plays a perfect ball to Iniesta in space between the lines, who makes another great ball to Pedro who squares to Alexis and we score.Thats just one example of his passing between the lines.There are many instances this season where he has found players in space in between the lines(mostly Fab) who then play the final pass.
Must have 10 to 15 pre assists this season.But it doesnt show in the final stats.Like the first goal against Elche.Plays Alba into space with a beautiful crossfield pass who then swings in a great cross for Alexis to score.

Percentage play and changing role in the team shouldnt be mistaken for a lack of ability or decline in performance.He is still vital for our team and that is painfully evident when we have played without him this season.Our midfield play has looked disjointed and hurried.Numerous games prove that.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:12 pm

10 to 15? More like 20 to 30. I've paid special attention to the "pre assister" this season and it seems like Xavi got one in every single game.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:19 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
neuro11 wrote:Alex and busquet's assist were awesome....these days we are missing Xavi's special through passes that were pinpoint and mostly ended up in goals. Another impressive game from Pedro but was disappointed with Alexis. It was another of his old game where he cant simply go through a defender on the wing....

I keep reading this everywhile and by extension claiming that Xavi has declined.I read that he is not our main playmaker or that he cant play passes over the defense like Alonso.
I cant help but wonder if people actually watch our games.

First off,his primary role isnt to play the final pass unlike that of Fabregas.His job is to control the midfield and control the pace of the game.His job is to feed players like Fabregas in open space between the lines who can then play the final pass.And he still does that brilliantly.Secondly just because he doesnt play as many final passes doesnt mean he cant.He is still the best final passer on the planet.He just enables others to do it now but that is forgotten.

I keep reading that Xavi ignores runs and doesnt play the final ball instead playing a safe horizontal 2 m pass.I cant help but laugh reading such stuff.The Guardiola way of playing,which has brought the best success in our club's history isnt built on releasing the ball every time someone makes a run.It isnt triger happy football and it most certainly isnt a direct way of playing.Its a patient,indirect style of play that teases and carefully constructs openings.It is based on the principle that u keep the ball,circulate itt,drag opponents out of position,all the while looking for space and the best opportunity for creating an opening.if that means letting a chance for a low percentage play go(when a run is made) in favor of a higher percentage play later on,then so be it.And xavi embodies that way of playing.He isnt trigger happy.He doesnt play the final ball everytime a run is made even though he sees it.He is a percentage player.If he finds that the chances are low,he lets it go knowing that a better chance will eventually come by continuing with the play.And that is what has brought us so many trophies all these years.

I compare him to Fabregas who is very trigger happy.He plays the final ball at the first instance and as a result gets a lot of Hollywood assists.But whats forgotten that is that for every Hollywood ball,he ends up playing 5 poor balls attempting one which ends up in lost possession.He is not even in Xavi's league as a passer and yet people on here claim that only Fabregas can play the kind of final passes that he does.
If Xavi played the way Fab did and released the ball every single time he saw a run,he would have more Hollywood assists than Fab has now.but thats not our style.I mentioned passing in between the lines which is another area where Fab can learn a lot from Xavi.Xavi's passing between the lines has been sublime this season and has countless times set up players in space to play the final ball.

Take the Elche game.Alexis second goal.Alexis makes a run,Xavi doesnt pass knowing that he probably wont be able to give it to Alexis.Fab probaly would have played the final ball there.Xavi is patient instead,continues with the play and circulates the ball.He gets it back,by which time Iniesta has taken up position in between the lines.Xavi plays a perfect ball to Iniesta in space between the lines, who makes another great ball to Pedro who squares to Alexis and we score.Thats just one example of his passing between the lines.There are many instances this season where he has found players in space in between the lines(mostly Fab) who then play the final pass.
Must have 10 to 15 pre assists this season.But it doesnt show in the final stats.Like the first goal against Elche.Plays Alba into space with a beautiful crossfield pass who then swings in a great cross for Alexis to score.

Percentage play and changing role in the team shouldnt be mistaken for a lack of ability or decline in performance.He is still vital for our team and that is painfully evident when we have played without him this season.Our midfield play has looked disjointed and hurried.Numerous games prove that.

If you have written so many things because of this comment only "these days we are missing Xavi's special through passes that were pinpoint and mostly ended up in goals" then you have wasted your time...
I used to say i miss Messi's those defense splitting speedy runs, does not mean Messi declined. Just i loved to watch it 5 years ago and still would love to.I hope you understand.
And i doubt anyone here is confused about the role of Xavi and Cesc in the team and i hardly saw anyone thinking Cesc is better just because he has more assists....But saying Xavi is still the best final passer (really?) on the planet and that Hollywood pass/assist are unnecessary are highly debatable

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2