Liverpool vs. Aston Villa ||| Saturday January 18th 17:30 GMT

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Liverpool vs. Aston Villa ||| Saturday January 18th 17:30 GMT

Post by DeletedUser#1 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:30 am

Do you remember last season this game? Do you f*ck ? F*Ck that

Do you remember "Paul Lambert Appreciation Thread?"

Do you remember Benteke doing a Moses and parting our defense like red sea for their third goal?

I remember that day. I remember watching that horror show in December. I was hungover from the night before...having my approches rejected by 2 girls at the bar the night before hurting my ego (to be fair, their loss...they won't meet someone as awesome as me ever again". And that defeat just crushed me for a while. Just pile the misery on my face and head and penis.

NOW. 13 MONTHS LATER. THE TIME FOR REVENGE HAS COME.

No one even bothers to talk about Paul Lambert these days because Villa are a pointless club. A turd that won't flush...but we must flush them.

This past week....I can totally imagine and Picture. Time Sherwood, The Chosen One, and Roberto Martinez seeing the fixture list, licking their faces in prospect of them picking up easy home wins on saturday...while we go to a ground we haven't won for 25 years.

Ha, the c*nts had us down to drop points. No doubt. After how the first half ended, they'd opened the bottle of champagne already. I could see Sherwood smoking a joint at half time. BuT NAH. BR WAS HAVING NON OF IT. Back to 4th bitches. Hodoo gone. Your plan got f*Cked. Have that assholes !!

Now...this week, it's our turn to get back at them.

Don't make silly mistakes and beat Villa this sat. and then BR can go out and have sex with that transvestite on saturday night getting himself ready to witness Spurs, United and Everton respectively away from home against Laudrup, Mourinho, and PEPE MEL !!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHA


The table could potentially look a lot better after this round of fixtures. Can't wait. Having SAS back is great. Get the business done on saturday and we can all relax and sit back and enjoy sunday and monday.

Mig-Johnson-Skrtel-Sakh-Cissokho-Gerrard-Henderson-Lucas-Sterling-Sturridge-Suarez
Bench: Jones, Allen, Toure, Coutinho, Aspas, Alberto, Kelly


Come on Reds. This good be a good week

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 5155
Join date : 2012-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool vs. Aston Villa ||| Saturday January 18th 17:30 GMT

Post by Don't call me James on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:24 am

SAS is playing, I ain't worried :coffee:

Seriously my confidence goes through the roof when we've got those 2 together playing. Sterling and Hendo are in the forms of their lives so must start for both. Hopefully Allen replaces Lucas and Gerrard plays the deeper role again. Sakho back Proud Anybody but Johnson at RB but obviously won't happen. Coutinho probably time to go to the bench and reflect a bit, not because he hasn't been good but because there are players on much better form.

Mignolet
Kelly - Skrtel - Sakho - Cissokho
Gerrard
Sterling - Allen - Hendo
---
SAS

_________________
avatar
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28119
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool vs. Aston Villa ||| Saturday January 18th 17:30 GMT

Post by iftikhar on Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:53 am

EPL since December
Win: 2 (Southampton and Sunderland)
Draw: 1 (Swansea)
Loss: 5 (including Fulham & Palace)
avatar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 7880
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool vs. Aston Villa ||| Saturday January 18th 17:30 GMT

Post by Art Morte on Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:20 am

Hah, that's a great OP eco smile

I don't know how Aston Villa are still 11th in the table. They are so bad in possession and average in defence, I don't know how that combination can have put them 11th. Always try to play on the counter and that suits playing away: They have 8 points from home games and 15 from away games. So we have to remain focused lest they catch us napping.

I just wrote about this in the Stoke game thread that I'd give Coutinho a try as CM, dropping Lucas. So I'd start:

Migno
Johnson - Skrtel - Sakho - Cissokho
- - - - - - - - Gerrard - - - - - - - -
- - - Henderson - - - Coutinho - - -
Sterling - - - Suarez - - - Sturridge
avatar
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16155
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool vs. Aston Villa ||| Saturday January 18th 17:30 GMT

Post by iftikhar on Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:31 pm

-------------Mignolet-------------
Johnson - Skrtel - Sakho - Cissokho
- - - - - - - - Gerrard - - - - - - - -
- - - -Henderson - - - Lucas - - - -
Sturridge - - - Suarez - - -Coutinho

I'm also tempted to play Kelly instead of Johnson and, Toure instead of Skrtel considering the physical nature of their attackers.
avatar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 7880
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool vs. Aston Villa ||| Saturday January 18th 17:30 GMT

Post by Nishankly on Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:28 pm

Same team, Just Kelly instead of Cissokho, Glen on the left.

Im so sick of Cissokho, He's almost fallen to the level of Jovanovic and Poulsen for me.
avatar
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 15899
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool vs. Aston Villa ||| Saturday January 18th 17:30 GMT

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:18 pm

@Art Morte wrote:Hah, that's a great OP eco smile

I don't know how Aston Villa are still 11th in the table. They are so bad in possession and average in defence, I don't know how that combination can have put them 11th. Always try to play on the counter and that suits playing away: They have 8 points from home games and 15 from away games. So we have to remain focused lest they catch us napping.

I just wrote about this in the Stoke game thread that I'd give Coutinho a try as CM, dropping Lucas. So I'd start:

Migno
Johnson - Skrtel - Sakho - Cissokho
- - - - - - - - Gerrard - - - - - - - -
- - - Henderson - - - Coutinho - - -
Sterling - - - Suarez - - - Sturridge

Because the bottom half of the league is awful and quite frankly that's being nice.

Anyway you should win this comfortably, they are crap honestly.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 64531
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool vs. Aston Villa ||| Saturday January 18th 17:30 GMT

Post by ExtremistEnigma on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:40 am

McAgger wrote:SAS is playing, I ain't worried :coffee:

Seriously my confidence goes through the roof when we've got those 2 together playing. Sterling and Hendo are in the forms of their lives so must start for both. Hopefully Allen replaces Lucas and Gerrard plays the deeper role again. Sakho back Proud Anybody but Johnson at RB but obviously won't happen. Coutinho probably time to go to the bench and reflect a bit, not because he hasn't been good but because there are players on much better form.

Mignolet
Kelly - Skrtel - Sakho - Cissokho
Gerrard
Sterling - Allen - Hendo
---
SAS
Thought we looked clueless without Coutinho. hmm
avatar
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 2528
Join date : 2013-02-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool vs. Aston Villa ||| Saturday January 18th 17:30 GMT

Post by Don't call me James on Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:22 am

So far evidence have proved that. Let's hope it'll be different if Rodgers does decide to drop Coutinho.

_________________
avatar
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28119
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool vs. Aston Villa ||| Saturday January 18th 17:30 GMT

Post by Helmer on Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:16 am

Coutinho might not finish his chances but there is no one else who can bring ball forward. If Hendo and Allen play, at least there is some probability that they will exchange some passes and try to feed SAS. Sterling does it rarely but it is difficult to rely in him for that. If Lucas and Hendo play in the front, I dont see how it will help us to unlick their defence.

We can try a midfield of Alberto, Hendo and Gerrard. Alberto hopefully is better finisher if he comes with any chance. We got slaughtered with Lucas last time at home against them. I dont know how people still think Lucas is defensively better than Gerrard (current form). Please Gerrard and Lucas not together again, two less mobile players on the pitch can hurt us really bad. Also I dont know if Gerrard knows how to make foreplay with a girl, he needs to concentrate more on that instead of sticking inside directly. Because we are at home, so losing ball will give them chances to counter. He should choose it very wisely when to play a risky pass.

Hendo had poor game against Stoke, may be for the first time in this season. I dont know if it has to do anything with Gerrard. He needs to feel himself as a BOSS although when Gerrard is around, he surely has abilities to play some neat passes. But in the last game, Hendo sometimes either tried to find Cou, Gerrard instead of him playing a simple ball forward.

I have lost my patience with Geno, there was a moment when Suarez was nearest to the Stoke player to make some tackle when they had got ball on their left wing and Johnson was nowhere in the picture. Kelly can be given a chance. Against Oldham, Kelly looked very neat on the ball although probably he wont provide much in attack but that's OK with me.

I think BR learns from his mistakes and he will surely come up with a plan making sure we get all the three points and avoid the defeat like last season.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 8543
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool vs. Aston Villa ||| Saturday January 18th 17:30 GMT

Post by Helmer on Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:22 am

Natalie Portman wrote:
I remember that day. I remember watching that horror show in December. I was hungover from the night before...having my approches rejected by 2  girls at the bar the night before hurting my ego (to be fair, their loss...they won't meet someone as awesome as me ever again". And that defeat just crushed me for a while. Just pile the misery on my face and head and penis.

what revenge do you mean hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 8543
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool vs. Aston Villa ||| Saturday January 18th 17:30 GMT

Post by DeletedUser#1 on Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:40 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:
I remember that day. I remember watching that horror show in December. I was hungover from the night before...having my approches rejected by 2  girls at the bar the night before hurting my ego (to be fair, their loss...they won't meet someone as awesome as me ever again". And that defeat just crushed me for a while. Just pile the misery on my face and head and penis.

what revenge do you mean hmm

I don't take revenge on women...the time will do on them. By giving them far more inferior guys than me Proud

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 5155
Join date : 2012-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool vs. Aston Villa ||| Saturday January 18th 17:30 GMT

Post by Arquitescu on Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:28 pm

Thank you Sepi, as I found your rather eccentric preview very enjoyable to read. Almost motivates me further to cripple Aston Villa and put them out of their misery.

Since I cannot create forum formations to save my life:



Yes, quite a pragmatic and unimaginative formation and placement.

Kelly is obvious as I've called for ponderous Johnson's benching for weeks now. Skrtel another who has been nothing short of a clown in defence, Toure to me the more reliable and consistent reader of the game. Sakho is a given, as his performances have been nothing short of impressive. Cissokho? Well we don't possess many other choices given our injuries and versus small teams he can put decent performances given the lack of pressure on his side.

I hate to place Henderson as the right-sided midfielder in that annoying Dalglish-Bruce crossing isolation yet it can work to cover Kelly. Gerrard-Lucas can be defensively suspect especially considering Lucas has been close to anonymous in most of his facets of play this season. Sterling I prefer on the left considering he can cut into his favoured right side, rather drifting out right because of his utter lack of left foot.

Suarez supporting the spearhead leader of the line in Sturridge, a no brainer.

Would watch out for Benteke despite his post-injury drop in form as physical specimens such as him have been plaguing all our CBs bar Carra, for years now.

No excuse outside a win as the Anfield form should hypothetically transcend further onto us. Villa are a weak team tactically.

_________________

avatar
Arquitescu
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 8025
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool vs. Aston Villa ||| Saturday January 18th 17:30 GMT

Post by Red Alert on Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:02 am

The clown in defence has been arguably our best defender this season...

And Toure's a reliable 4th CB. He did well in his debut, carried Agger against Villa in the 2nd game of the season, and then he's just gone back to old Toure. (Average in the air...)

_________________
Red is the colour of extremes. It's the color of passionate love, seduction, violence, danger, anger, and adventure. The colour red is the color of energy, passion and action. This colour is a warm and positive color associated with our most physical needs and our will to survive.Red represents power and courage. The colour red is the basis of the traditional red power tie or red suit in the business, and the red carpet for celebrities and VIPs. Red's association with courage and bravery makes it a colour that is used often in national flags, on shields, and in achievement patches. Liverpool. Is. Red.
avatar
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11623
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool vs. Aston Villa ||| Saturday January 18th 17:30 GMT

Post by Red Alert on Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:09 am

Pre match facts:

-Liverpool won the reverse fixture against Villa back in August with their only shot on target of the game.................

-No points have been shared at Anfield this season.

-Benteke has scored three goals in three PL games against Liverpool.

-Steven Gerrard has scored moer goals against Villa (11) than he has managed against any other PL opponent.

-Liverpool have scored first in their last 7 home matches.

-Aston Villa have lost just one of their last four PL visits to Anfield, with a record of 2 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss.

-Liverpool have conceded just six 6 goals in their last 12 PL matches at Anfield and kept six clean sheets in that run.

-Brendan Rodgers' team have won 10 of their last 11 PL games (W10, L1) and won the last 7 in a row at Anfield.

-Luis Suarez has scored 22 goals in 16 PL appearances this season - he had 10 after 16 games last season and 5 of the season before

-Liverpool have scored 51 goals in the PL this season, already four more than they managed in 2011/12 (47)

-Daniel Sturridge has 10 goals and 3 assists in 13 PL appearances this season.

-No team has conceded fewer home goals than Liverpool this season in the PL (6).

Should I continue with the pre match facts in every thread?


Last edited by Red Alert on Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11623
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool vs. Aston Villa ||| Saturday January 18th 17:30 GMT

Post by DeletedUser#1 on Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:11 am

@Red Alert wrote:The clown in defence has been arguably our best defender this season...

And Toure's a reliable 4th CB. He did well in his debut, carried Agger against Villa in the 2nd game of the season, and then he's just gone back to old Toure. (Average in the air...)


DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 5155
Join date : 2012-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool vs. Aston Villa ||| Saturday January 18th 17:30 GMT

Post by Red Alert on Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:23 am

I laughed too. Not sure why I called him the clown, maybe I should of called him the GOAT?


_________________
Red is the colour of extremes. It's the color of passionate love, seduction, violence, danger, anger, and adventure. The colour red is the color of energy, passion and action. This colour is a warm and positive color associated with our most physical needs and our will to survive.Red represents power and courage. The colour red is the basis of the traditional red power tie or red suit in the business, and the red carpet for celebrities and VIPs. Red's association with courage and bravery makes it a colour that is used often in national flags, on shields, and in achievement patches. Liverpool. Is. Red.
avatar
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11623
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool vs. Aston Villa ||| Saturday January 18th 17:30 GMT

Post by DeletedUser#1 on Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:32 am

@Red Alert wrote:I laughed too. Not sure why I called him the clown, maybe I should of called him the GOAT?



DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 5155
Join date : 2012-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool vs. Aston Villa ||| Saturday January 18th 17:30 GMT

Post by Red Alert on Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:13 am

avatar
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11623
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool vs. Aston Villa ||| Saturday January 18th 17:30 GMT

Post by stevieg8 on Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:18 am

I like the pre-match threads, Red Alert, but how have we won 10 of 11 and 7 straight?
avatar
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 2114
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool vs. Aston Villa ||| Saturday January 18th 17:30 GMT

Post by Red Alert on Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:35 am

Apologies, I forgot to add "at Anfield".

We've only lost 1 game at Anfield and that was to Southampton in September. That's the one loss.

Since we've lost to them, we've gone on to win 7 games in a row in the PL at Anfield. I'll edit it now.


_________________
Red is the colour of extremes. It's the color of passionate love, seduction, violence, danger, anger, and adventure. The colour red is the color of energy, passion and action. This colour is a warm and positive color associated with our most physical needs and our will to survive.Red represents power and courage. The colour red is the basis of the traditional red power tie or red suit in the business, and the red carpet for celebrities and VIPs. Red's association with courage and bravery makes it a colour that is used often in national flags, on shields, and in achievement patches. Liverpool. Is. Red.
avatar
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11623
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool vs. Aston Villa ||| Saturday January 18th 17:30 GMT

Post by stevieg8 on Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:40 am

Ah that makes more sense. No worries! Thumbs up
avatar
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 2114
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool vs. Aston Villa ||| Saturday January 18th 17:30 GMT

Post by Red Alert on Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:54 am

It does but it doesn't. Looking at it now, I think fourfourtwo stuffed this one up. Razz

We've only played 10 games at Anfield in the PL (W9 L1) and 12 in all competitions. Notts Country, Carling Cup; Oldham, FA cup. (W11 1L all up)

Not sure where they got 10 out of 11.  drunken 

_________________
Red is the colour of extremes. It's the color of passionate love, seduction, violence, danger, anger, and adventure. The colour red is the color of energy, passion and action. This colour is a warm and positive color associated with our most physical needs and our will to survive.Red represents power and courage. The colour red is the basis of the traditional red power tie or red suit in the business, and the red carpet for celebrities and VIPs. Red's association with courage and bravery makes it a colour that is used often in national flags, on shields, and in achievement patches. Liverpool. Is. Red.
avatar
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11623
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool vs. Aston Villa ||| Saturday January 18th 17:30 GMT

Post by Helmer on Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:36 am

@Red Alert wrote:Pre match facts:

-Liverpool won the reverse fixture against Villa back in August with their only shot on target of the game.................

-No points have been shared at Anfield this season.

-Benteke has scored three goals in three PL games against Liverpool.

-Steven Gerrard has scored moer goals against Villa (11) than he has managed against any other PL opponent.

-Liverpool have scored first in their last 7 home matches.

-Aston Villa have lost just one of their last four PL visits to Anfield, with a record of 2 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss.

-Liverpool have conceded just six 6 goals in their last 12 PL matches at Anfield and kept six clean sheets in that run.

-Brendan Rodgers' team have won 10 of their last 11 PL games (W10, L1) and won the last 7 in a row at Anfield.

-Luis Suarez has scored 22 goals in 16 PL appearances this season - he had 10 after 16 games last season and 5 of the season before

-Liverpool have scored 51 goals in the PL this season, already four more than they managed in 2011/12 (47)

-Daniel Sturridge has 10 goals and 3 assists in 13 PL appearances this season.

-No team has conceded fewer home goals than Liverpool this season in the PL (6).

Should I continue with the pre match facts in every thread?
yeah at least few things are positive there in your posts Wink

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 8543
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool vs. Aston Villa ||| Saturday January 18th 17:30 GMT

Post by Art Morte on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:00 pm

lol
avatar
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16155
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool vs. Aston Villa ||| Saturday January 18th 17:30 GMT

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum