Nishankly
McAgger
Helmer
Art Morte
iftikhar
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Liverbirds to go Cherry picking!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Liverbirds to go Cherry picking!!!

Post by Red Alert Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:08 am

Art Morte wrote:
HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:No i didnt mean it only by pitch performance wise...
Btw, I think it was a good team selection to give more experience to give a drill to Gerrard and Hendo together, they didnt seem so comfortable with each other in the center.

I think BR should be very careful with this 4-2-3-1 thing, actually I had always wished something like this, but that is making that right flank very easy for the opponent to get to the end and create something

Was it really 4-2-3-1 at any point? From what I saw I didn't see that - nor I think we have the players to pull that formation off successfully. That essentially requires three very good AMs and the striker playing a "semi-false-nine" role. No, I don't think we should attempt a 4-2-3-1, I know it's in fashion nowadays, but we just aren't the right team to play it.

IMO we should either play 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2, but our other experiments have ended up being way too top-heavy. Three CMs is a must for me, unless we start experimenting either with a 3-4-1-2 or 4-4-1-1 / 4-4-2.

What comes to Jones, I do think he deserves a start in the league. Mignolet has made a few mistakes lately while Jones has been reliable pretty much every time we have called upon him. He'd deserve a start, imo. Quite similar to the situation City had with Hart & Pantilimon.

It was a 4231 after the shambolic 424 in the opening 10-20 minutes of the game.

Coutinho dropped down into the hole, and Suarez/Sturridge were interchanging in the CF/RF roles. (Which put pressure on Kelly as neither have them helped out defensively.)

You don't need 3 CAMs to play a 4231, don't compare us to Chelsea. Razz And you don't need a false 9, either.

4231 is A LOT better than the 424, but I really hope we go back to a 433/4321 and play death by football. :facepalm:

3412 and 442/4411 are useless. We don't have the players to play a 2 man midfield, nor is the 3 at the back any good. We conceded in EVERY GAME playing 3 at the back... it harms us more than it benefits us.

Mignolet is twice the player of Jones and should come back straight away. Jones is average.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Liverbirds to go Cherry picking!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Liverbirds to go Cherry picking!!!

Post by Red Alert Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:08 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
Red Alert wrote:are you implying that i want rodgers to get sacked? lol

do you always try and put words in ppls mouths? or are you on a mission here? Laughing
frrrack I realised what just happened there Laughing
although, .... .... hmm

Whatever floats your boats people.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:57 pm

So who's next!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:40 pm

Arsenal
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:41 pm

Arsenal in London, okay then  smoking 
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:23 pm

Actually a very good draw. Arsenal have United at home 3 days earlier in the league and then Bayern a couple of days after this. They should field a very very young and weak side.

Just wish it was at Anfield.

Also City play Chelsea Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:03 pm

Arsenal have got pretty good depth in every position excluding the defense. But even without key midfielders they can field players like Rosicky, Flamini, Arteta, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gnabry... Which isn't bad at all.

But I'm happy with the draw. Should we lose, it won't hurt as much in this last-16 stage than it would in a quarter or semi-final.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:50 pm

Art Morte wrote:Arsenal in London, okay then  smoking 
:facepalm: I think we will win this match and in case we lose we will definitely finish top 4 :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:03 pm

Look at it this way, they play us twice, Bayern, and United in space of 11 days. And this cup tie will be by far the least important of the 4 matches.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:34 pm

Liverbirds to go Cherry picking!!! - Page 3 Moses

Liverbirds to go Cherry picking!!! - Page 3 IKqidzkSfjkWi
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:06 am

I'm more confident beating Arsenal in the FA cup than I am for us beating them at Anfield in the PL. lol
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3