eelir
RealGunner
Khaled
Harmonica
windkick
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Levante - FC Barcelona | Copa del Rey, 1st leg | 1.22.2014 - Page 3 Empty Re: Levante - FC Barcelona | Copa del Rey, 1st leg | 1.22.2014

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:00 pm

Please someone show me where Xavi was being "conservative" and had time and space with someone running in behind so easily and the defence so bad for those same types of passes.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Levante - FC Barcelona | Copa del Rey, 1st leg | 1.22.2014 - Page 3 Empty Re: Levante - FC Barcelona | Copa del Rey, 1st leg | 1.22.2014

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Xavi touches the ball 100 times every game, surely the chances arise to try through balls. And Why would the opposition concede more space to Messi than Xavi? that would be insane. However, Messi can create his space and Xavi can't anymore. And also, Xavi s pass has become more inconsistent. He looked like Alonso with his off target long balls yesterday. Still has a very good pass, but not the same.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:16 pm

Watch the video and show me where.

The way Levante defended yesturday was very different to the 1-1.

The amount of time on the ball and space to run into behind was very different.

Messi can create his space? With dribbles and such? Its not like Xavi was ever doing that even in his best years.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:27 pm

Messi got 4 assists did'nt he :bow:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:04 pm

The Franchise; I did not mention that Xavi couldn't complete the same plays. My post revolved around how Messi is enjoying playing really far back nowadays, and has for the majority of the season. He's practically a right mid, or a center mid for a good chunk of the game. Which pushes Xavi up to the center forward position and Xavi isn't a born finisher, that's never been his main role. So my post was merely asking if maybe we should consider to move Messi to a new role if our forward isn't in a forward position anymore; what if we played Messi as a true 10 and we considered getting a true 9 (or playing Nerman as a 9, he's played great there so far). It's something we can have as a plan B at least, something we could do during the match if thing's aren't working out
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:09 pm

My post actually wasnt directed towards you windkick, I agree with most of what you said. Xavi shouldnt found himself in that position too often, but he is because Messi dropped into his space and therefore he has to find a new one, which is in front of him.

My post was directed at those who insist Xavi intentionally isnt playing forward passes when in the position to.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:10 pm

Oh for sure, i didn't think you were directing the comment at me. But I do however wonder if you agree or not (which you just answered)

So my question to you now is, if Messi continues to prefer to play as a true 10, and play farther back than he has ever before, should we consider getting a true 9? And if so, where would Messi end up on the field?

a line up of...

-------------Busi
-----Messi-----Iniesta/Cesc
Alexis-----Neymar---Pedro

Just seems like a counter attack waiting to happen; but this here is what practically happens once the match starts..

-------------Busi
-----Messi-----Iniesta
Alexis-----Xavi---Neymar

So it's not too far fetched to might as well have Neymar shift as our 9 during the match as oppose to having Xavi be the target guy. You saw him in the first match vs Levante, he's not a born finisher (and he doesn't have to be, that's not his role)

It just kinda boggles me to have our forward playing next to Busquiets almost all match. Messi used to not never be so far back, but this season under Tata he is practically a midfielder as oppose to a false 9 now. I don't know if Tata asked me to stay so far back or if thats all just Messi enjoying running the show from there
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:32 pm

Nah, we cant play like this. The ball is going to get turned over way too often and the responsibility on Busquets will be more than what any one player can handle.

The thought of Messi and Cesc defending in the midfield is hysterical.

Some teams wont even have to counter attack vs us, they would get the ball forward, but then be able to hold on possession for even longer because of our lack of work rate/bodies in there. It's a problem already with the midfield we have, when they dont press and teams are able to advance the ball then if they are looking to keep possession (Ajax for example) they are able to do it because we dont have a midfield who is consistently capable of creating turnovers and mistakes. Its the Alexis' and Pedro's of the world who came back and assist with that.

If Messi wanted to be a 10, then we have a problem on multiple levels. Because even less far fetched solutions have multiple problems.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3