Real Madrid vs Granada discussion 418Real Madrid vs Granada discussion 16795

Real Madrid vs Granada discussion.

Saturday 25th January.

H2H Past 2 League meetings:

Away: 26th August 2013 - Granada 0-1 Real Madrid

Away: 2nd February 2013 - Granada 1-0 Real Madrid

Injuries/Suspensions:

Real Madrid: Khedira.

Granada: Riki, Fran Rico, Yebda and Ighalo.

Granada last 3 league results:

Granada 0-0 Osasuna
Granada 4-0 Valladolid
Almeria 3-0 Granada

Granada Current league position: 10th.

1. Barcelona - 51 points
2. Atletico Madrid - 51 points
3. Real Madrid - 50 points
4. Athletic Bilbao - 39 points
--------------------------------
10. Granada - 24 points

Real Madrid players called up:

Goalkeepers: Casillas, Diego López & Jesús.
Defenders: Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Marcelo, Carvajal, Arbeloa, Nacho & Coentrão.
Midfielders: Xabi Alonso, Modric, Illarra, Casemiro, Isco, Bale & Di María.
Forwards: Ronaldo, Benzema, Morata & Jesé

Real Madrid predicted lineup:

--------------Diego Lopez
---Carvajal--Pepe---Ramos---Marcelo
------ -Modric--Alonso-Di Maria
--------Bale-----------Ronaldo
---------------Benzema

Ancelotti pre match:

"Since Christmas the team has been stronger, we’ve been more together defensively and carried on doing well in attack. We have scored a lot of goals, but we could score more. Our defensive solidity has not made us less dangerous up front". He also confirmed that Carvajal and Di María will start against Granada, and that Coentrão will make his return to the matchday squad.

Ancelotti praised Real Madrid next opponents, who are having a good campaign: "Granada have been doing well in recent matches and have got some good results. They are in good form and we have to be careful. Every team that comes to the Bernabéu try to do something special". When asked about what has been the biggest influence on the team’s form, he said: "I’d like to think that it is that the group as a whole works hard. The defenders are on good form and everything is going well at the moment".

About the possibility of going top this weekend, he said: "It's a good feeling. We are doing well and the players are working better. We have a great opportunity tomorrow, but every match is difficult and we have to be ready and play well, stay focused on the match and try to win. We have to concentrate on ourselves, not on everyone else. The schedule gives us the chance to go top, maybe for just one night. After being six points behind, tomorrow is an important match for us".

He also explained Isco’s situation: "He has not had many opportunities to play in recent matches, because this system does not give him those chances. This is not a final solution however. In some matches we will change the system, but right now I am confident in this one. Isco played very well earlier in the season". Ancelotti confirmed that Di María will start tomorrow and doesn’t think that there is a problem with the fans at the Bernabéu: "I don’t think that he has any problems with the fans. If he plays well, the fans applaud, and if he does badly, they whistle and the coach changes him. The fans are demanding, but he will help the team as usual tomorrow".

The Italian also mentioned other players by name: "Varane started training this week and is doing well. He will not be in the matchday squad because he needs more time training with the group. He might be picked for the match against Bilbao. Coentrão will be in the squad tomorrow and Carvajal will start". About the rotation at right-back, he said: "There is no particular reason. I have confidence in them both. They are doing well physically with the rotation. We ask a lot of the wing-backs and they are doing well".

When asked about Zidane’s role and the factors that have contributed to the team’s good form, he said: "There are many factors that contribute to a run of good form. The way that we’re playing is more natural than we were playing at the start of the season. Getting Xabi Alonso back has been very important, and also Ramos being on top form. The job that Zidane does is important, he helps an awful lot. He has a great personality and presence. He talks to the forwards and the work that he is doing with the youngsters gives its rewards. He works with Benzema too. I think that the coach is doing a good job as well".

The coach was asked if Rosell’s recent resignation will affect Barcelona: "We have to respect the decisions of any club and of Barcelona. I do not like to talk about other teams’ squads. I have to think about mine and nothing else. Barcelona are a great team and we have to fight with them until the end, until the last match". Regarding the team’s work on set-pieces, he said: "It is an important part of every match. We have been doing very well, but there is that danger in every match and we have to work hard on it".

Prediction:

Real Madrid 3-0 Granada

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid vs Granada discussion Empty Re: Real Madrid vs Granada discussion

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:19 am

Coentrao will start according to Carlo

we need to win so that the other two feel pressured to take all three points and end up dropping some

hope we keep a clean sheet
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:05 pm

carvajal & coentrao

arbeloa & marcelo

expect to see more of these?
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:34 pm

Diego López, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale, Marcelo, Xabi Alonso, Carvajal, Modric, Di María

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:18 pm

poor cross after poor cross from di maria

right now i'd rather see isco play in that position

di maria is so stupid.

1 good cross out of 25 isnt good enough

bring on isco or jese
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:47 pm

Cristiano MOM. Bale and Benzema were pretty bad. Marcelo was amazing.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:01 pm

Cristiano was too horrible in the first half to become MOTM.

My motm again goes to Modric.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:26 pm

Poor first half which I blame on the tactics tbh. Both fullbacks staying back can not be a coincidence

credit to him for changing it in the second and we looked like Real Madrid again

I agree cyborg. DiMaria needs to work on his crossings. he made 7 and only got 1 on target which is very poor for his standards. Apart from that he was very good. A little invisible in the first half but got more involved in the second

Carvajal on the other hand was unplayable what a player

Another game another clean sheet and another record broken :bow:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:43 pm

Carlos subs were quite awful tonight, thanks to CR7 and Modrics great contributions to the game we were able to walk away with 3 pts.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:32 am

Ancelotti post match:

After the ninth consecutive win and the seventh match without conceding, Carlo Ancelotti spoke about how his team had played against Granada: "In the first half we had problems recovering the ball up front. In the second half we pressed more and recovered the ball easier to be able to attack quicker. The most important thing is the balance that we have at the moment. That is the key and I've said so many times. We are defending well and attacking very well right now. There is always room to improve, we could play faster sometimes. But the key is the team’s balance".

The goals from Cristiano Ronaldo and Benzema gave Real Madrid the 2-0 win against Granada. Ancelotti spoke about his team going top of the league: "Tonight we will sleep better than the other Saturday, much calmer. We will keep fighting. Playing every match and preparing well is not straightforward. The first half showed that the team are not in top physical condition. To always play at a high intensity is not easy, but all of the players are making a big sacrifice and are doing very well".

Ancelotti was asked about the importance of the record for not conceding goals. He joked in giving his answer: "I like it, but you forget that I won three cups in preseason, although the most important one was the European Cup. The record is very good, I have to thank all the players because they are focused on recovering the ball right now. Ramos and Pepe have been perfect in 2014, but everyone has worked hard to get this record".

The Italian explained the halftime substitution of Bale for Jesé: "He was replaced because he had a problem. He was not comfortable after getting kicked, he had a problem with his left leg. It's not an injury, more of a nuisance and he will have no problems playing the next match". He went on to praise Modric once again: "Modric’s greatest quality is his penetration with the ball. At the start of the season he showed less character, but now he is showing a lot more and his quality is also important to change the pace in attack".

When asked about a possible change of system in the second half, he said: "I did not ask them to change the system. The defensive work of Jesé, who slowed things down a lot, could make you think that we went to a 4-4-2, but we did not change". About Bale’s defensive work, he was clear: "I don’t ask for a lot defensively from the forwards, just for them to press up front to prevent the other team from building anything. Defensively, I think covering the right or left-backs is a problem for the midfielders, Di María and Modric". About Di María’s position, he said: "He is used to playing in that position. He plays there for Argentina and feels comfortable. He works hard, defends well and has quality in attack. I'm happy with him".

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down