The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by dmize on Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:08 pm

@The Franchise wrote:Someone tell me, why did Fisher playing the same minutes as Lamb and Jones combined? Laughing

Brooks continues to amaze

He's going 11 deep and it's March, might be time to set a solid rotation. Obviously Perkins/Sefolosha are injured so that changes things but still.

When everyone's healthy should be Jackson, Lamb, Jones, Butler, Collison backing up their starting 5.

that said Jackson and Lamb lately haven't been as good as they were early on. Part of that is adjusting to a new role and inconsistent minutes, one night they are playing 20 minutes, the next 10 or 11.

and I think they actually miss Perkins against certain teams.

dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:47 pm

@Blue Barrett wrote:They "schooled" us last year and still lost. Pointless.

Y u mad for brah? all i said is i hope they win, never said they will. No need to take it so personally.

@The Franchise wrote:Someone tell me, why did Fisher playing the same minutes as Lamb and Jones combined? Laughing

Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett on Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:59 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
@Blue Barrett wrote:They "schooled" us last year and still lost. Pointless.

Y u mad for brah? all i said is i hope they win, never said they will. No need to take it so personally.

Not mad brah. Just telling you it doesn't matter what the Spurs do in the regular season. Or anyone for that matter. But you already know this.

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:26 pm

Knicks have offered Phil Jackson a Front Office position

For the love of all that is good and holy, sweet jesus lord may this be true.

I don't ask for much... I really don't.... Just management that is capable of making competent decisions is all I ask.. Please.. PJ, save us.

First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:43 pm

From what i heard its true but he turned it down.

Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:51 pm

He turned down a head coach job.  However, they upped the offer to something in the front office, like GM. To which from what I understand he said he'd have an answer next week. Phil doesn't want to coach anymore. He doesn't want to move around all the time and have the everyday stress. However he wants to control a team.

I'd be all over that. I'm tired of the lack of a plan. Keeping melo and tanking for a season to rebuild when he's almost 32 making max doesn't make sense. Which is the only thing we seem to plan doing. PJ is smart enough I think to put together a good team, with enough authority that even Dolan in his vain Napoleon complex self should respect to let him do the job.

So much terrible luck lately. Hopefully te franchise can make atleast one smart move and get this guy on board

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:08 am

Ah right yeah, that's right.

Didn't hear the front office part, just assumed you got confused lol and meant head coach job.

Because i heard earlier he turned that down, as for not coaching anymore i think if Jim Buss was usurped by Jeanie Buss then he might consider the Lakers as he's engaged to her..... but other than that it will have to take something extremely enticing for him to coach again.

Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James on Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:35 am

Pacers are getting spanked by the Rockets, and they're away to Dallas on Sunday..

Miami could be atop the East by Monday :coffee:

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:49 am

You realize LeBron is the way he is because of changes to our lifestyle. You see this changes in all sports - there was a point and time and volleyball players didn't hit back row. Athletes are becoming stronger and faster because of many factors, but feel free to continue feeding yourself such lies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett on Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:11 am

Of course there are a lot of factors that contribute, but the overall point is, athletes are stronger and faster on average. That is a fact. That's what I was pointing at.

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett on Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:12 am

Btw what's happening to the Pacers?

Oh and don't hold your breathe on Miami being top. They play the Bulls on Sunday in Chicago where they almost always lose.

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:32 pm

Not sure lf there its cool to talk about college basketball here.. but, can anyone tell me how the tournament works? lve never watched college sports ever or really paid attention to it. But it took me till l guess l went to a school that has a program to care.

ls Uconn in? Or do they have to get selected..What are their chances of making at least a good run? l have many questions

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James on Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:41 pm

@Blue Barrett wrote:Btw what's happening to the Pacers?

Oh and don't hold your breathe on Miami being top. They play the Bulls on Sunday in Chicago where they almost always lose.

They held a meeting after the Rockets loss Proud

I don't see us losing 3 in a row tbh

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel on Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:12 pm

Worth the watch Smile

"I do not want the # 10 kit to be retired. It wouldn’t be right. When I was a child I dreamed of being able to wear it one day, and I would like others to do the same. There must plenty of little kids with the same dream I once had. "
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize on Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:27 pm

@VendettaRed07 wrote:Not sure lf there its cool to talk about college basketball here.. but, can anyone tell me how the tournament works? lve never watched college sports ever or really paid attention to it. But it took me till l guess l went to a school that has a program to care.

ls Uconn in? Or do they have to get selected..What are their chances of making at least a good run? l have many questions

Yeah, UConns comfortably in. They do have to get selected, but with their resume they will be in.

Basically 64 teams are selected for the tourney, bracket style. If you win your conference tournament you're automatically in. The rest are picked based on records, strength of schedule, how tough your conference is, etc. Then they are seeded 1-16. Then it's #1vs#16, #2vs#15, #3vs#14, etc. Win and move on, lose and go home.

UConn should be a 3-5 seed, depending on how the AAC tournament goes.
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:24 pm

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:27 am

@dmize wrote:
@VendettaRed07 wrote:Not sure lf there its cool to talk about college basketball here.. but, can anyone tell me how the tournament works? lve never watched college sports ever or really paid attention to it. But it took me till l guess l went to a school that has a program to care.

Yeah, UConns comfortably in. They do have to get selected, but with their resume they will be in.

Basically 64 teams are selected for the tourney, bracket style. If you win your conference tournament you're automatically in. The rest are picked based on records, strength of schedule, how tough your conference is, etc. Then they are seeded 1-16. Then it's #1vs#16, #2vs#15, #3vs#14, etc. Win and move on, lose and go home.

Ahh, ok cool, thanks. Got killed today unfortunately Razz .. One thing about this team it seems like if Shazaam Napier doesn't have a good game, nobody plays well. Hopefully its better for the tournament and go a good run

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:29 am

Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman 5m
Mills on report Jax leaning toward taking basketball operations job says "Can't talk about it."

@SportsCenter 5m
THIS JUST IN: Phil Jackson is leaning toward taking job with Knicks to become president of basketball operations. (via @stephenasmith)

----------------------------------------------

Jordan Schultz @Schultz_Report Follow
James Dolan and #Knicks appear to have sweetened the pot by offering Phil Jackson full control. Phil has emotional ties to Knicks.

6:32 PM - 8 Mar 2014

----------------------------------------------

Jordan Schultz ‏@Schultz_Report
I would expect Phil Jackson to take over Knicks Head of Basketball Operations by Monday.

6:40 PM - 8 Mar 2014

I can't take it.

Please happen.

PLEASE.

We haven't won a championship since PJ was on our roster.. FFS COME HOME ZEN MASTER.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James on Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:57 am

He can't even save y'all Laughing

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:17 am

You really doubting Phil "motherf*cking" Jackson? Swagg lol.

Besides its not as bad as all that... convince Melo to stay and i don't think it's hard as people may think as in his heart of hearts i don't think he wants to leave.

Then when all those contracts are up in 2015, you can rebuild with Melo and get some players around him to help you win.

It's not an easy job but it's far from impossible either and quite frankly i'm not going to go against a guy who has 13 chips lol.

Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:18 am

One thing for sure.

If PJ does sign, players who normally wouldnt have any even remote interest in playing there would be instantly attracted to the prospect.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:20 am

As for the job itself, I dont think its that bad either. Yes the roster is flawed and yes they have some problem players (Smith and Felton MUST go) but I dont think its anywhere near as terminal as people think.

Not so long ago they had a much worse situation they figured themselves out of. If you remember the team that had Starbury, Francis, Zbo, Curry and a host of misfit high salary with multi year players.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:57 am

Dolan is a small man. But even he, would respect Pj and let him do his job

That's all I want. Consistency. A plan. Any time we started building one Dolan would spazz and blow it up to bring in a one way star. He doesn't know how to build a basketball team

We are the ONLY team that would pick up a team option for an old injury prone point guard at 15 million, then to only use our amnesty on him before the season even starts

I can't even go on about how many boneheaded inconsistent moves there have been over the past decade just like that.

If pj comes in I know that there is atleast a component basketball mind in office that won't let us get raped in every trade. Give up assets when we don't need to. Build a complete roster that actually has synergy rather than a random collection of names

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize on Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:44 am

@VendettaRed07 wrote:
@dmize wrote:

Ahh, ok cool, thanks. Got killed today unfortunately Razz..  One thing about this team it seems like if Shazaam Napier doesn't have a good game, nobody plays well. Hopefully its better for the tournament and go a good run

Yeah, posted that before I watched the game(had it recorded). Beating L'Ville at home on Senior Day was gonna be a tough task but that was our worst loss in 22 years. SMH.

IMO we're too inconsistent to make a deep run right now. One night we're beating Florida, who's #1 right now, a few games later we lose to f'n Houston.

And now we play Memphis in the AAC tournament on their home floor(beat them both times we played already, it's really hard to beat a time 3x).

If I had to guess today who would win it all, I would say Florida with Arizona right behind them. Would rather have 'Zona win it though; Florida wins and they tie us with 3 titles.

Last edited by dmize on Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize on Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:51 am

@The Franchise wrote:As for the job itself, I dont think its that bad either. Yes the roster is flawed and yes they have some problem players (Smith and Felton MUST go) but I dont think its anywhere near as terminal as people think.

Not so long ago they had a much worse situation they figured themselves out of. If you remember the team that had Starbury, Francis, Zbo, Curry and a host of misfit high salary with multi year players.

That's true but they had their picks then. Even though they screwed a few of them up(Balkman 1 pick before Rondo Laughing). They had Lee and Robinson already, then drafted Galo. Chandler was a good pick at the time also.
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James on Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:41 pm

You gotta be *bleep* kidding me Laughing

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down