billy_gr
eelir
Harmonica
danyjr
BarrileteCosmico
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FC Barcelona - Malaga | La Liga Matchday 21 Empty FC Barcelona - Malaga | La Liga Matchday 21

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 26 Jan - 21:30:58

Time: in 30 mins

FC Barcelona - Malaga | La Liga Matchday 21 1390764030342
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

FC Barcelona - Malaga | La Liga Matchday 21 Empty Re: FC Barcelona - Malaga | La Liga Matchday 21

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 26 Jan - 22:43:33

Is this the first time we have scored from set pieces in 2 consecutive games in like 5 years? Laughing

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Sun 26 Jan - 22:52:13; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

FC Barcelona - Malaga | La Liga Matchday 21 Empty Re: FC Barcelona - Malaga | La Liga Matchday 21

Post by danyjr Sun 26 Jan - 22:50:26

Awful tactics from Málaga coach. Play a high line, don't press, poor counter attacking...it hurts watching them play.

They should have been 2 or 3 goals down.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun 26 Jan - 22:52:19

Slightly more depressing is that we have 0 goals from open play in last 3 league games.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun 26 Jan - 22:57:37

Scoring from set pieces is not depressing at all. I am actually happy we can do that, i just hope we do it even more. It will put pressure on other teams to not foul us that much and be careful not to give corners, which in turn will make them worse in defense.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sun 26 Jan - 23:15:01

Cballero has been awesome. The slippery field doesn't help either.
Pique is keeping his great performances so far
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sun 26 Jan - 23:15:43

there you are, Perdito!!!!
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sun 26 Jan - 23:21:06

dat teamwork  Proud 
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 26 Jan - 23:22:58

Harmonica wrote:Slightly more depressing is that we have 0 goals from open play in last 3 league games.
Not anymore (or if you count cup games) eco smile
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun 26 Jan - 23:30:11

Messi needs to be told off for walking and being disinterested sometimes. It has become a bad habit.

Alves and Busquets have been shaky with their passes this season and this match has been no different.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun 26 Jan - 23:58:38

When was the last time Messi scored in La Liga?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon 27 Jan - 0:01:27

Great performance by the majority of our players. Alba was actually very good today.

The second and third goals were beautiful to watch. Some beautiful stuff on display today Proud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon 27 Jan - 0:50:43

Casciavit wrote:When was the last time Messi scored in La Liga?

For the first time in a while i think this does not matter to us and him. The team is stepping up when he can't score, and the injury seams to have done good to him as he is not trying to hard to score and to me he appears happy with his contribution. Mess assisted one and was instrumental in another goal. I am happy with him doing this every day as soon as the rest of the team scores.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon 27 Jan - 1:02:19

Nice to see Afellay finally back on the pitch. Wonder if this means Tata will have some faith in him and give him a go while Neymar is out or if this is just a showcase to other clubs that he is healthy and we try to move him this winter

FC Barcelona - Malaga | La Liga Matchday 21 Tumblr_n013lxK1St1rilm0zo1_500
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon 27 Jan - 3:37:06

Casciavit wrote:When was the last time Messi scored in La Liga?

Sept 28 against Alemria
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon 27 Jan - 11:24:16

Alba was fantastic! MOM in my opinion. Generally good game from everyone.

Alves did a couple of Montoya 's but no one says he should play in 3rd division...
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 27 Jan - 14:17:11

He also played some terrific passes (like for Cesc' volley) which were more accurate than any pass Montoya could make, even if he was allowed to use his hands.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon 27 Jan - 14:33:47

Sure, but it seems event the best in the world messes up usually when in the box to finish the move. So be a bit patient with montoya, which was my point.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 27 Jan - 15:57:38

Dont think it's the same.

Montoya consistently messes up basics, like controlling the football under little pressure

And does so every time we see him.

Dani Alves will miscontrol a ball once in a while.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon 27 Jan - 17:27:31

Have to say, Pique is playing a fantastic season. Been a very long time I've seen him mess up anything in defense.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon 27 Jan - 19:36:34

Pique has been playing great since September!

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue 28 Jan - 0:09:59

Improved since Martino became the coach: Sánchez, Pedro, Piqué, Mascherano, Fàbregas

Worse since Martino became the coach: Busquets, Iniesta, Alves
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue 28 Jan - 0:31:52

I think Busquets has been a bit under par compared to other seasons and he's had some bad games, but I don't think it has been a huge difference. I think his role has been re-examined slightly, which may explain it in part. I feel Busquets, since the beginning of the season, has had a lot more freedom to try the vertical, more offensive pass (often between the lines)) than he has in the past. Perhaps this is due to Iniesta being below par as well and Xavi not being quite the player he used to be. This in combination to what I think the problem really is- the midfield not being as dominant as it was in Pep's years- are what has caused a slight dip in form.

I think as our pressing game has gotten slowly better as the season goes on, he's also gotten better.

I think you're harsh on Alves there too.

Have to admit it too, Pique has been pretty good this season, I hope he can keep it up. Alba had one of his best games in recent memory, and was pretty good.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue 28 Jan - 0:54:48

danyjr wrote:Improved since Martino became the coach: Sánchez, Pedro, Piqué, Mascherano, Fàbregas, Bartra, Sergi  

Worse since Martino became the coach: Busquets, Iniesta, Alves, Xavi, Tello, Montoya, Messi
Although it's not entirely his fault if Xavi and Alves are older, and Messi plagued by injuries. Likewise not entirely to his credit that Barta is developing, although a more disciplined system than Tito certainly seems to be helping all our CBs hmm

Also I'd say Busquets is as good as last season, which was not very, and that Iniesta has been subpar since Jan 2013, not only since Martino arrived.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue 28 Jan - 0:57:40

I really dont see what Alves or Busquets have done wrong. Their performances are incrementally different from other seasons, if in fact different at all.

While not having their best seasons ever obviously, they look fine to me.

And is Cesc better or just playing up front in Messi absence? Looks like the latter to me.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next