Art Morte
10 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The Derby - Page 4 Empty Re: The Derby

Post by Red Alert Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:46 am

McAgger wrote:
Red Alert wrote:

Yes Gerrard played well, but it was because of a defensive team performance. But sure, let's all knee jerk and say he's the second coming of Pirlo etc.

You don't seem to have a problem when it concerns Johnson or Skrtel Razz

Johnson was one of the better players before that United game... again, he played with injuries for over 2 months. He still did quite a solid job. I failed to believe he was on the decline, there's a difference.

Skrtel has been a beast for majority of the season. He's back to his best.

Also,

The Derby - Page 4 0nNaUxS

Heart Heart 

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:49 am

Luis came to the club on this date 3 years ago. Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:24 am

The Derby - Page 4 ISyIkWG

Knew it was onside. Mad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:42 am

Feels great to wake up after last night's game  eco smile 

4 - 0 !!

What comes to the possession and passing stats, we made ours count and restricted Everton to very few chances. So although Everton had more possession, it mostly felt like we were in control. What was important was that we played a disciplined game, attacking players defended well and worked hard. We didn't look disjointed any more in spite of playing with four predominantly forward-thinking players. The players just need to keep that discipline from now on, for we need that high work-rate to control games like this when fielding fewer actual midfielders than the opposition.

Also need to keep in mind that this same approach may not work against all teams. Martinez's Everton are a positive side looking to play good, attacking football and that opened up perhaps more space for us than we will find against some other teams.

Anyway, what a huge win this was in every way, will keep me smiling until the deadline day  pirat 
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:47 am

It's a good thing that Arquitescu have already given a wonderful review of the match. It would have been a tall task for me to properly illustrate such an exhilarating night.

I have few points (questions rather than comments). Apparently we fielded the same players and followed the same strategy as against Villa, then what made such a difference!!! Yes Villa had some physical players and that might have been an issue. Also, if you remember, for the first goal Agbonlahor had acres of space from the half-way line. But yesterday, there were always 3-4 players in and around the box whenever Everton attacked.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:04 am

Fielded the same players, but we didn't play the same strategy.

Against Villa, we played a 424. We tried to play football, but lacked team chemistry and played 2 men in midfield; it was easy for Aston Villa to run through us and exploited the acres of space in our midfield / defence especially with Gerrard isolated in a position he can't play. We had the likes of Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho and Sterling ALL commited forward so it was easy for Aston Villa to run straight past us. We settled after Lucas came on, and reverted to a 3 man midfield but struggled again after he came off with injury. The whole 424 is disjointed; it was the same story against Bournemouth (sp?) in the FA cup before we reverted to a 4231.

Against Everton, we played like Rafa's 4231. We stayed back and the WHOLE TEAM defended deep; we played the counter instead of playing attacking football. We defended zones, and closed the space for the opposition. It was really a hard working performance, and to Rodgers' and the players credit, it paid off for us. I'm struggling to see it as the way forward with such a thin squad for such a physical style of play but we'll see what happens.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:10 am

the funny thing was to see hendo pressing ahead for a moment that he is used to and suddenly he will realise that is not the position on the pitch where is supposed to/as told by the manager; so he will look back and immediately go somewhat near to Gerrard.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:11 am

iftikhar wrote:It's a good thing that Arquitescu have already given a wonderful review of the match. It would have been a tall task for me to properly illustrate such an exhilarating night.

I have few points (questions rather than comments). Apparently we fielded the same players and followed the same strategy as against Villa, then what made such a difference!!! Yes Villa had some physical players and that might have been an issue. Also, if you remember, for the first goal Agbonlahor had acres of space from the half-way line. But yesterday, there were always 3-4 players in and around the box whenever Everton attacked.

I think we were mentally better prepared for this game, worked harder. I'm repeating it over again now, but when starting four attacking players, they need to work hard both ways and that happened better yesterday than against Villa. Maybe they were up for it more in the derby or embraced that role better now, after some practice, or were instructed to drop deeper, participate more in midfield - or all of that. But we certainly looked like we knew much better what we were doing than in that first-half against Aston Villa.

Ps. Line-ups were otherwise the same, but Johnson played against Villa, Flanagan against Everton.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:12 am

Arty, have you been to Mourinho school lately hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:22 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:Arty, have you been to Mourinho school lately hmm

Surpassing AVB's grades, too :coffee:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:52 pm

lmao did you guys watch Sturridge's interview post match with LFC TV rofl

Sturridge: "Sometimes you have to look at the Everton fans and make them realize what time it is".
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:17 pm

Anyone else really loved Flanagan's performance ?

I loved his intensity. Something our fullbacks haven't had all season. And he is so quick with his decision making on the ball...None of GJ's lately taking seconds to ruin the tempo and lose the ball. And very aggressive in tackle as well.

Flanno was boss at RB. Proper old school fullback performance. How I've missed it this season

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:33 pm

Reminds me of Finnan so much. He's super reliable whenever he plays, never takes too long on the ball to slow down the tempo of our attack. Puts his body on the line and would sacrifice his life for the club. Love him, hopefully he becomes starting LB/RB for the foreseeable future.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 pm

Dat throughball though Proud

The Derby - Page 4 SilentFortunateAffenpinscher

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Derby - Page 4 12731700094_2c8782dfda_o

The Derby - Page 4 12731454613_3281db1c4b_o

Sturridge's missed pen

The Derby - Page 4 28-01-2014-GifNumber-114

Last edited by McAgger on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:23 pm

McAgger wrote:Reminds me of Finnan so much. He's super reliable whenever he plays, never takes too long on the ball to slow down the tempo of our attack. Puts his body on the line and would sacrifice his life for the club. Love him, hopefully he becomes starting LB/RB for the foreseeable future.
off course, instead of buying crap for another 5-6m it is better to keep him at least as a squad member and who knows he may go on to become the first choice

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:27 pm

McAgger wrote:Dat throughball though Proud

when Sterling will start finishing these chances, who the frrrack is Salah...I see Sterling every game, he seems to be have improved much more. Specially when he got the ball near our penalty box and the was he ran with the ball, just that he could have done better to pick out Suarez with that long ball

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:42 pm

Just look at Sterling acceleration there, Its scary.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:48 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
McAgger wrote:Dat throughball though Proud

when Sterling will start finishing these chances, who the frrrack is Salah...I see Sterling every game, he seems to be have improved much more. Specially when he got the ball near our penalty box and the was he ran with the ball, just that he could have done better to pick out Suarez with that long ball

Sterling is quickly becoming one of my favorite players in the squad. Been really impressed by how much he has developed and how well he's been playing. Consistently, too. Just a little bit more composure needed to start putting away his chances at a better rate.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:44 am

Didn't even know this happened until I logged onto RAWK today. Laughing

The Derby - Page 4 Tumblr_n04u3yyzoC1qad9dvo2_250

Skrtel dropping Suarez.  pirat 
Red Alert
Red Alert