Welcome Källström!

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Welcome Källström!

Post by RealGunner on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:46 pm

http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/696x392/jan_14/gun__1391188234_kallstrom3.jpg

Club agrees loan move for Kim Kallstrom

The 31-year-old arrives at Arsenal with a wealth of experience, having made 108 international appearances for Sweden and over 400 club appearances during his career so far, in which he has played league football in Sweden, France and Russia.

Kallstrom started his career in 1999 with Swedish side BK Hacken. After spending two years at the Gothenburg club, the midfielder moved to Djurgardens IF, where he won the Swedish League in both 2002 and 2003, together with the Swedish National Cup in 2002.

Following two years at Djurgardens IF, Kallstrom moved to France where he spent eight successful years, firstly with Rennes for two seasons, before moving to Lyon, where he enjoyed much success.
During his time with ‘OL’, Kallstrom made over 200 appearances, winning the Ligue 1 title twice (2006/07, 2007/08), the French National Cup twice (2008, 2012) and the French Super Cup twice (2007, 2008). He was also a regular in the Uefa Champions League, helping Lyon to the semi-final of the competition in 2009/10.

Vastly experienced at international level, the midfielder was part of his country’s squads at four major tournaments - the European Championships in 2004, 2008 and 2012, and the 2006 World Cup.

Arsène Wenger said: “Kim Kallstrom is a hugely-experienced player. He is a midfielder with proven quality at both club and international level. We welcome Kim to Arsenal.”

Kallstrom spoke to Arsenal Media as he completed the move and said: “Arsenal is an amazing club with a lot of great players and a coach who has done really well here for a long time. I am so pleased to come here to learn as much as possible. I’m here to do my best for Arsenal and to help out the team, so we can achieve good results for the last part of the season.”
Although Kallstrom has appeared for Spartak Moscow in this season's Europa League at the play-off stage, when they were eliminated by Swiss club St.Gallen, he will be eligible for Arsenal for the remainder of this season’s Champions League campaign.

His first interview

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/kallstrom-his-first-arsenal-interview

cheers
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome Källström!

Post by Lex on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:52 pm

You know what, I'm willing to give him a chance. Like someone else said, if he puts in a Benayoun type shift during his loan, it'll be a successful spell

@The_Badger wrote:Chelsea fans forget that they are only where they are due to the ill-gotten gains of their owner who had people murdered to make his fortune.

JustGiving - Sponsor me now!
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:54 pm

Welcome Kim Smile

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
Spoiler:
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by silver on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:57 pm

I know this is a pretty noob thing to do, but had to look up his Fifa 14 stats to see what kind of player he is.

Seems to have good passing and technical skills. If he can adapt quickly, might be a pretty shrewd buy.
silver
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:00 pm

So how are we supposed to pronounce his name: Kall-strom, Kell-strom, Shell-strom?

This one has come out of nowhere but it's probably not the worst signing one could make in the circumstances. Decent, experienced player who can hold the fort while Flamini sees out his suspension and Wilshere and Ramsey get over their injury problems. Good passer and has a sweet left feet; should be a useful player to have in the coming months. If he can make a Benayoun-like impact than all the better.
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:00 pm

An interesting addition to your handsome squad, distinctive in a boyishly low-key way.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Bayern Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner on Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:02 pm

@silver wrote:I know this is a pretty noob thing to do, but had to look up his Fifa 14 stats to see what kind of player he is.

Seems to have good passing and technical skills. If he can adapt quickly, might be a pretty shrewd buy.

Kim Kallstrom Russian 2013/14 Premier League
Games 10
Passes Per Game 20.5
Pass Success % 70.2
Key Passes Per Game 0.9

relatively underwhelming who knows though.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina on Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:05 pm

i remember his fifa 2005 face looked better than his actual face eco smile http://i12.servimg.com/u/f12/17/64/32/82/lucas10.gif

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
Spoiler:
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:08 pm

He looks a bit like Messi or is just me?

Welcome Kim, you sexy bastard!

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:26 pm

Welcome man.

Please be good.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron on Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:09 pm

Welcome to the club Kimy K

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick on Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:14 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:So how are we supposed to pronounce his name: Kall-strom, Kell-strom, Shell-strom?

This one has come out of nowhere but it's probably not the worst signing one could make in the circumstances. Decent, experienced player who can hold the fort while Flamini sees out his suspension and Wilshere and Ramsey get over their injury problems. Good passer and has a sweet left feet; should be a useful player to have in the coming months. If he can make a Benayoun-like impact than all the better.

Fair sure it's Shell-strom.

Interesting signing, a really unknown if I do say so myself.

#Carefree #kaspbffl
Kick
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:17 pm

He was fantastic player a few years ago in his prime.

Fantastic rocket of a shot and good passer.

Although i haven't seen him in a few years and he's probably nowhere near that player nowadays.

Forum Legend

Club Supported : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum on Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:38 pm

So the window was not a good one for us overall. Although I'm very disappointed that Arsenal didn't get an attacker in and, somehow, shockingly will go into the rest of the season with one striker fewer than before (Park to Watford) ... I really don't have any of that disappointment coloring my view of the Källström deal. I am totally open to these kinds of unexpected loans and cheap stop-gap signings from time to time. They can do a lot of good in very low key ways - Yossi was just a total pro, Flamini has made a few stupid decisions but really done much better than most of us were expecting, and who knows, maybe Sanogo will even one day prove himself a real baller.

What I'm saying is that I actually like the occasional moneyball-sort of gambles and acquisitions from time to time. No, not in place of the Özils or even the Girouds ... but alongside them.

So on the specific terms of this deal, I am cool with Kim, and hope he does well for us. Welcome dude!
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC on Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:21 am

Shell-Strom is the pronunciation!

Have a feeling he will be another Flamini/Benayoun ie; Everyone underwhelmed but he does a good job for the team and actually impresses everyone. Hope so anyway!

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma on Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:51 am

Good transfer. Kind of a player we should've gone after. :facepalm:
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner on Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:52 am

Welcome Kim. :whistle: 

I just hope we do see him play, and not just sit on the bench.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex on Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:00 am

Meanwhile, Diaby's turned into somewhat of an Arsenal legend........in the same way that Paul Bunyan, Sasquatch and the Pied Piper of Hamelin are legends; often talked about, nae a shred of hard evidence that they actually exist

@The_Badger wrote:Chelsea fans forget that they are only where they are due to the ill-gotten gains of their owner who had people murdered to make his fortune.

Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex on Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:02 am

Bet Kallstrom is being told the legend of Diaby as we speak by Flamini and Wenger. He's 26 feet tall and carries around with him a giant crutch. He apparently knocked out John Terry with one swing of his mighty foot and once captured Anfield Castle single handedly

Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum on Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:28 am

@Lex wrote:Bet Kallstrom is being told the legend of Diaby as we speak by Flamini and Wenger. He's 26 feet tall and carries around with him a giant crutch. He apparently knocked out John Terry with one swing of his mighty foot and once captured Anfield Castle single handedly

rofl 

Love it. Diaby. When you think of how he's potentially a great player, someone who might have made it to a Yaya Toure level had he just remained fit ...

Sad 

Källström's gonna boss the Premier League though. Better than Ramsey + Mata + Fernandinho put together. Automatically the second best player in the PL, after Diaby. He has two umlauts in his name, fer cryin' out loud. (Umlaut power only applies to outfield; don't bring up Jussi.)

:coffee:
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:33 am

Even though I'm utterly disappointed in our transfer window, we might as well just support Kim Källström while he's here.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner on Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:49 am

@El Gunner wrote:Even though I'm utterly disappointed in our transfer window, we might as well just support Kim Källström while he's here.

I just hope we get to see him play and see what he can do.
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:36 am

Kim Källström alleviating the fears of young autistic mascot, Max, before an international match. D'aww.

MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum on Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:31 pm

There's an unconfirmed report that Källström may be out injured for a few months after his first training session with Arsenal.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/internationell/england/article18279647.ab

Run through Google Translate:

He was the big surprise during the transfer window deadline.

However, according to anecdotal evidence to Sportbladet Kim Källström's dream has been destroyed.

He is reported to be away for two-three months.

Arsenal were reported negotiate with Schalke about Julian Draxler, 20, and according to British media was a business close. The German club reportedly wanted to have 400 million for Draxler, but manager Arsene Wenger turned down a move.

Instead, it became a lending business with Kim Kallstrom - a dream fled for the 31-year old Swedish landslagsmannen.

However, according to anecdotal evidence to Sportbladet have midfielder riding on a setback. According to sources, Kallstrom injuries incurred at the first training with Arsenal and could be away for two-three months.
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:35 pm

Well that is unsettling.

Spoiler:
NOOOOOOOOOO FUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKINGWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

WTF NOT FRICKING BELIEVABLE. WHAT THE ACTUAL *bleep* WHAT?! HOW WHAT WHAT HOW WHAT WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: