Mr Nick09
Turok_TTZ
Giovanni10
ÖMARz
hrealmadrid
33 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Jose Mourinho: Real Madrid need another striker - Page 5 Empty Re: Jose Mourinho: Real Madrid need another striker

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:16 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:It's a curious one, specially after asking a third CF. I do not like the midfield selection we have, at the end of the day, that's my only concern, specially if he wants to count on only 2 CF. it's very odd

Do you know if the comment is real or is this just another media story????

How come Marca is the only paper with that piece of info? very odd.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Jose Mourinho: Real Madrid need another striker - Page 5 Empty Re: Jose Mourinho: Real Madrid need another striker

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:30 pm

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/mourinho-lesion-ramos-preocupa-poco/20110806dasdasftb_17/Tes

Bottom of the article, Mou says he didn't say he wanted more players. It's a Mou troll job if you ask me lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:55 pm

sportsczy wrote:http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/mourinho-lesion-ramos-preocupa-poco/20110806dasdasftb_17/Tes

Bottom of the article, Mou says he didn't say he wanted more players. It's a Mou troll job if you ask me lol.

The two articles are saying something slightly different. Mou answered in both Spanish and English and he claimed his response in english was more accurate than his spanish as he says his english is better than his spanish!!!!

It's difficult to say which was is presenting the english version. AS says he said they have a short squad for this year and he prefers that, it isn't necessary to go and get new players. In the Marca version, the line "no more than 20" was added. I think he was just generalizing and said he didn't need a full squad (i.e 24 or 25 players). I also don't take his comments the way Marca put it (20 players and no more signings). I don't think his comments prohibit one more signing.

The one thing I take from this that I like is he wants a short squad so that he can use all of them, which will lead to better team chemistry and we won't have the frustration of players not getting game action. It also means he will look towards his academy when additional players are needed. To me this is the most positive development with Mou. Maybe, I just might warm up to him after all!!!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:56 pm

I wondering if Marca is cooking up something there, even on the official website, they have the same version as AS....
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:06 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:I wondering if Marca is cooking up something there, even on the official website, they have the same version as AS....

Nick, it's the same story but when you read MOU actual quoted words there is a slight difference and both articles talked about him saying slightly different versions in English and Spanish (unfortunately both articles have his words in Spainsih so I can't tell which was was the english version). Mou said, to the english reporters that he underst0od and responded better to the english questions as his spanish is not as good as his english.

I think Marca is taking his words too literally. He was just making a general comment re a short squad.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:47 pm

Mou's English better than Spanish? I assume he learned English when he went to Chelsea, whereas being Portugese I would also assume Spanish is easier for him. I guess he learned English first, world language ftw!
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:48 pm

What's funny is that Mou won't come right out and just say his position now lol. He's having a happy troll of a time with the papers...

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:50 pm

as i said before,if someone knows Portuguese,this person almost knows Spanish fluently.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:54 pm

This how realmadrid.com posted it:

“I said the squad was short the other day because I wanted it to be short. It doesn’t mean I need players, but later you will read in the Spanish press that Mourinho wants more players. It could be that my English is better than my Spanish.”

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:06 pm

Mou is English is good, his accent isn't perfect but I think he speaks and understands English very good. Also, during his time in Barca he learned Catalan, he should be able to speak Spanish fluently, and he has showed it alot of times in the press conferences... His spanish should be equally as good as English.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:28 pm

sportsczy wrote:This how realmadrid.com posted it:

“I said the squad was short the other day because I wanted it to be short. It doesn’t mean I need players, but later you will read in the Spanish press that Mourinho wants more players. It could be that my English is better than my Spanish.”

Ah, Its just an ordinary Mou joke. I sink I underssand what he means. Wink
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:54 am

Marca did have the right interview

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/ver-leo-hoy-espana-mourinho/20110807dasdaiftb_29/Tes

good thing, if they were even faking somethig like that i would have been very disappointed.

20 players, so no third CF? or is he not counting Altintop anymore? or is it kaka? lol. Very interesting thing to say
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:27 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Marca did have the right interview

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/ver-leo-hoy-espana-mourinho/20110807dasdaiftb_29/Tes

good thing, if they were even faking somethig like that i would have been very disappointed.

20 players, so no third CF? or is he not counting Altintop anymore? or is it kaka? lol. Very interesting thing to say

Nick, I found this on Real madrid web site today;

My interpretation wasn't right!!! well maybeone version of it, but I still get confused as to what language was right???
I guess this does mean no 3rd striker.

As to the quote about 20 players, I still can't figure it out. They have 21 players now not counting Altintop. Could it be that they are letting Kaka go?

I also read on Marca that they have finally reached an agreement with Santos and that Neymar will be here on Dec. 20th. Not sure if this is accurate or not (they say the club will announce this in the next few days), but once Neymar comes there is absolutely no reason remaining for Kaka to be kept on team.

Last edited by futbol_bill on Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:33 pm

dont rely on marca to get your information on Neymar.

i dont wanna take what he said to the later, in a few weeks we will know anyway, no biggie.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:25 pm

futbol_bill wrote:

My interpretation wasn't right!!! well maybeone version of it, but I still get confused as to what language was right???

As to the quote about 20 players, I still can't figure it out. They have 21 players now not counting Altintop. Could it be that they are letting Kaka go?

I also read on Marca that they have finally reached an agreement with Santos and that Neymar will be here on Dec. 20th. Not sure if this is accurate or not (they say the club will announce this in the next few days), but once Neymar comes there is absolutely no reason remaining for Kaka to be kept on team.

Mourinho was probably referring to 20 outfield players, hence 2 players for every position.
The final list should be something like this

1. Ramos
2. Pepe
3. Carvalho
4. Albiol
5. Varane
6. Marcelo
7. Arbeloa
8. Coentrao
9. Xabi
10. Sahin
11. Khedira
12. Granero
13. Kaka
14. Ozil
15. Callejon
16. Di Maria
17. Cristiano Ronaldo
18. Benzema
19. Higuain
20. Altintop
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:18 pm

buddytaller wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:

Mourinho was probably referring to 20 outfield players, hence 2 players for every position.
The final list should be something like this

1. Ramos
2. Pepe
3. Carvalho
4. Albiol
5. Varane
6. Marcelo
7. Arbeloa
8. Coentrao
9. Xabi
10. Sahin
11. Khedira
12. Granero
13. Kaka
14. Ozil
15. Callejon
16. Di Maria
17. Cristiano Ronaldo
18. Benzema
19. Higuain
20. Altintop

But Altintop is not there until January at earliest, likely gone for entire season. Even Mou doesn't discount porteros. so it's 21. Either article (I didn't see anything in any version of what Mou supposedly said saying 20) is wrong re number or maybe there is something to Kaka going?????

I know it's Marca but the article today saying Neymar is coming on Dec 20th had a lot of details that would be hard to make up!!. If it's true, Neymar here for January, that's the sought after 3rd striker, and the end of Kaka at Madrid.

and yes I know he's not really a striker, but then neither is CR7 in the true definition.

I would like to see a different formation for Madrid. (I saw it in play yesterday with Spain's U20). They played a 4-4-2 system. The midfield was a duel pivot and the outside were wingers. That way we can play CR7 with Benzema or Higgy, and have Di Maria, Callejon or Neymar or Ozil or Marcelo or Coentrao on wings and Alonso and Sahin / Khedira in the dual pivot. Just talking about this gets me excited. I also think with 4 in MF, that can go a long ways towards conteracting Barca's midfield!!!!!!!!!!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:01 am

futbol_bill wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Marca did have the right interview

I doubt the club will announce it in a few days, one the main reason why Santos wants to hold on to Neymar is the presidential elections, as their president doesn't want to sell his prize asset before the elections, so I doubt he'll announce selling him this early, even if they agreed a transfer fee (which I doubt).
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:22 am

You know if milan really are signing a player in the last week of this month it could be Kaka, but like many are saying who would be Ozil's direct replacement then? I know many of our players could play as an AM but would mou use them instead of kaka?

Anyway I think if we'll make a move for Adebayor it will be after we sell lass, I think the only team interested in taking him is Tottenham but they want him for a cheaper price.
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:51 pm

http://www.defensacentral.com/real_madrid/60633/adebayor-sport-real-madrid-manchester-city-fichaje-florentino-perez-mourinho
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:33 am

1. Ramos
2. Pepe
3. Carvalho
4. Albiol
5. Varane
6. Marcelo
7. Arbeloa
8. Coentrao
9. Xabi
10. Sahin
11. Khedira
12. Granero
13. Kaka
14. Ozil
15. Callejon
16. Di Maria
17. Cristiano Ronaldo
18. Benzema
19. Higuain
20. Altintop

Plus Casillas, Adan and Meijas

So 23 all up means a good decent squad

Then he will rely on youth if needed beyond that like Nacho and Morata Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:43 am

that list is missing the CF mourinho asked tho.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:58 am

Well you could include that striker instead of altintop, so we still have 20 player. The great thing with this squad is that I see all of them getting playing time unlike last year.
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:13 am

we could do that, but there is nothing saying that Altintop isnt being counted on no more right? That supposed phone call he had with Galasataray coach is nothing we can really on. However, It would be shocking if he already fell out with mou.

If he actually did, then he is the one out of those 20 most likely.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:14 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:we could do that, but there is nothing saying that Altintop isnt being counted on no more right? That supposed phone call he had with Galasataray coach is nothing we can really on. However, It would be shocking if he already fell out with mou.

If he actually did, then he is the one out of those 20 most likely.

Altintop is player #22.

The 21 players are Casillas, Adan, Ramos, Arbeloa, Pepe, Carvalho, Varane, Albiol, Marcelo, Coentrao,
Alonso, Sahin, Khedira, Granero, Ozil, Kaka, C. Ronaldo, Di Maria, Callejon, Higuain, Benezema.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:47 pm

Mourinho doesnt count the keepers when he says 20 men. he cant possibly spend a year with just 18 field players.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:59 pm

Yeah there will be more
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next