Mr Nick09
Turok_TTZ
Giovanni10
ÖMARz
hrealmadrid
33 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Jose Mourinho: Real Madrid need another striker - Page 2 Empty Re: Jose Mourinho: Real Madrid need another striker

Post by paperbackwriter Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:14 pm

Error wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:
Error wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:I just feel mou is playing it safe too often. One cannot reap the rewards without taking a risk. Morata is a risk, but i believe this risk is a risk worth chancing.

Raul was risked and we ended up having the best forward in our history of the club. ofc, valdano was responsible for promoting him (hope valdano returns someday)
Mourinho's trophy cabinet will disagree with you.

I wasnt talkin trophies, im talkin youth prospects. i dont know any player from the youth academy of any team that has since become wc when mou was around. Has he done a raul like Valdano did? not that i recall.
Well, that's Mourinho for you. He has never been a guy that will develop youths in to a stars. He always buys near complete products to polish them himself. Sure it's more costly but that has never been an issue with his clubs. But, in the end it usually gives the same end result and requires less work.

That's because when you hire Mou you want and expect titles in the first season and more titles the next season. Players like Morata and Sarabia could at most be second half subs against mid level La Liga sides or start in those games if injury require it. If you want to win titles you can't be dependant on a player like Morata to deliver in case of a injury crisis in say a CL final or Semi-final, and it's not good for him either to be in that position. If Mou were to win a treble next season, then we can talk, the hunger is over, we're at top. That's where you start betting on youth. Not in a do or die situation, which is what Mou is in.

And no guys, Benzema and Higuain is not enough. We need a third striker, it's not a weird request. Having only 2 strikers limits Mous option since he can't start both (which might be a good option if he have a third striker aswell) because he need a backup in case of fatigue or injury, or tactical change. And I know Ronaldo can play up front, but it's not optimal. Look at any other top club in Europe, do they depend on 2 pure strikers only? Inter have Pazzini, Milito, Eto'o and Pandev. Milan have Cassano, Robinho, Pato, Ibra and Inzaghi. Manchester have Rooney, Berba, Owen, Hernandez. Chelsea have Torres, Drogba, Anelka and Kalou...

paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Jose Mourinho: Real Madrid need another striker - Page 2 Empty Re: Jose Mourinho: Real Madrid need another striker

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:52 pm

@ppbw, all teams need a 3rd striker, sure, but we are already signing Neymar, and the whole pot is looking very messy
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:53 pm

Everywhere looks a bit messy with Madrid lol. We pretty much have two top quality teams on our roster.

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:08 pm

ppbw does bring a good point though.

what are the options and who are the most likely to be signed as a 3rd striker?

options?:
ade
etc.

most likely?:

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:10 pm

Option 1: Neymar
Option 2: Aguero (lol, but true)
Option 3: Ade

We're waiting on Neymar imo before we move to the other plans/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:12 pm

are aguero and Neymar separate options? lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:14 pm

the whole neymar transfer confuses me.. when i see him play he is a AM/winger type player not a striker/CF

why would mou want this, we have plenty of this. though it is a given he has more potential and skill than say di maria, callejon, leon etc.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:31 pm

Guys, maybe we need to consider the possibility that Adebayor is our man... Sad
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:45 pm

We should have signed Ruud instead of Malaga
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:54 pm

guys, it's not an issue of signing adebayor or nistelrooy etc...

we are already finishing the signing of Neymar
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:57 pm

deezydeez wrote:the whole neymar transfer confuses me.. when i see him play he is a AM/winger type player not a striker/CF

why would mou want this, we have plenty of this. though it is a given he has more potential and skill than say di maria, callejon, leon etc.
indeed,hes only a striker on paper tbh
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:59 pm

I don't think Neymar is our striker signings. It's either

a) Adebayor
b) Aguero
c) a 3rd striker

Neymar is a AM, and I'm sure Mou is aware of this
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:03 pm

Neymar isnt an AM... he is a winger/inside forward. he is coming into the equation one way or another already, are we gonna add another forward to him?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:06 pm

What if Neymar is coming to replace Di Maria and Aguero is coming to replace Benzema?
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:26 pm

omarish wrote:What if Neymar is coming to replace Di Maria and Aguero is coming to replace Benzema?
thats what im thinking
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:11 pm

Benzema won't be pushed out if we sign Neymar. I have no idea if we are gonna get him January or now since both clubs want different things. I think Kun will stay at Atletico unless Corinthians can get Tevez then City will get him.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:14 pm

Ganso, do Corinthians truly have 40 million to spend on a transfer + the wages of Tevez? Sounds like too big an amount for the league there.

Edit: I guess they do. Tevez' agent has confirmed everything. Up to city now.

Last edited by sportsczy on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:18 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:guys, it's not an issue of signing adebayor or nistelrooy etc...

You assume too much.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:19 pm

yes they can do it,no wonder tevez is so interested.If something happens,it will be in the next few days before the brazilian window closes
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:20 pm

Well then that's that I 90% believe Kun is going City. They will bid more than the 45 mil if they have to.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:22 pm

Unless City wants to stick with Dzeko and Balotelli + they have issues with FFP.

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:26 pm

Ballotelli + kun = affraid

and after Dzeko's first season I don't think they will be satisfied with him they are gonna try and get someone to fill Tevez's boots.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:49 pm

balotelli is meh imo
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alex mahone Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:04 am

If we will sign Neymar + Kun + 3rd stiker, the 3rd striker is better be Adebayor, the one that wouldn't need much time to adapt
alex mahone
alex mahone
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:07 am

Omniscient wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:guys, it's not an issue of signing adebayor or nistelrooy etc...

You assume too much.

am i assuming that we are signing Neymar? lol, that transfer is about as done as it gets. He is already in the palm of our hands.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:41 am

For the record Nick, you also were certain we had Aguero in the bag.

But for the record, I believe Neymar is coming to Madrid eventually regardless. I just think we should stop saying done deal when it's not.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next