Mr Nick09
Turok_TTZ
Giovanni10
ÖMARz
hrealmadrid
33 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Jose Mourinho: Real Madrid need another striker - Page 4 Empty Re: Jose Mourinho: Real Madrid need another striker

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:44 pm

Morata would remain a castilla player and only appear with the first team when needed. He would train with the first team and play with castilla during the weekend.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Jose Mourinho: Real Madrid need another striker - Page 4 Empty Re: Jose Mourinho: Real Madrid need another striker

Post by Onyx Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:01 pm

How about signing a WC forward and benching Di Maria? Hulk, Neymar, Tevez etc.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:33 pm

Typical Mou who will never be assured unless he has spent a fortune every summer.

I hope this idiot realizes the talent in the Cantera.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:52 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Typical Mou who will never be assured unless he has spent a fortune every summer.

I think he does, but i think he also account for the fact that he doesnt see them as ready as we would think they are.

Also, mourinho is playing one of the most important season of his career, and beating barcelona to the league title at least, is the most important thing.

Even if he needs the 3rd CF for just 15mn, he isnt going to take many risks imo.

I do think that after our objectives are accomplished, there is going to be a new vibe where trusting the younger ones is safer, less pressure heavy, and more natural. That's why i dont want Adebayor, we would be stuck with him for 4-5 years.

If we can find a carvalho like CF, perfect.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:13 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Typical Mou who will never be assured unless he has spent a fortune every summer.

I think he does, but i think he also account for the fact that he doesnt see them as ready as we would think they are.

Also, mourinho is playing one of the most important season of his career, and beating barcelona to the league title at least, is the most important thing.

Even if he needs the 3rd CF for just 15mn, he isnt going to take many risks imo.

I do think that after our objectives are accomplished, there is going to be a new vibe where trusting the younger ones is safer, less pressure heavy, and more natural. That's why i dont want Adebayor, we would be stuck with him for 4-5 years.

Exactly, I think you and I agreed about this view in another thread. Drogba would have been very nice as a third striker... Same profile as Adebayor, but better and older.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:21 am

im thinking of something like higgy, started young and as a 3rd striker.
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:24 am

Drogba would be a superb addition to the squad but I dont think he personally accepts being used like a tool tho. He still has couple of good years left for him.
But yes I support the idea of signing Adebayor.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:39 am

Mou was the coach in Europe who used the most youth teamers during the last season... And I think he's the one who have given castilla players the biggest amount of debuts in the last 30 years or something.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:55 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

RVN, but we screwed that up.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:01 pm

maybe raul..
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:02 pm

I made this argument before, Mourinho never wanted RVN. he is a player Valdano brought up when we were looking for a CF, but mourinho had his way and got Adebayor.

if i recall, we just needed to pay about 2M for RVN right? I'm pretty sure we paid that much in wages to Ade.

@shaven, my only issue with Raul is the fact that is athleticism have gone down
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:04 pm

We don't need that 3rd forward. Morata plays for Castilla on weekends, leave him be there and call him up only when we're in dire need Very Happy
He'll get plenty of playing time with Castilla and eventually help them promote to segunda AND he'd get to train with the first team and fill in occasionally for injured. It's a win-win situation, why waste money on someone who we don't know how will fare in RM socially and sportly? Very Happy

Last edited by babun1024 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:07 pm

As cool as it sounds, i'll be shocked if that's what end up happening guys.

Maybe we do need a 3rd CF, at least for a little while.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:07 pm

actually i dont know how raul as a player now Smile

morata is still who i want
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:44 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:I made this argument before, Mourinho never wanted RVN. he is a player Valdano brought up when we were looking for a CF, but mourinho had his way and got Adebayor.

if i recall, we just needed to pay about 2M for RVN right? I'm pretty sure we paid that much in wages to Ade.

@shaven, my only issue with Raul is the fact that is athleticism have gone down

Really? As a pure goalscorer he has no equal. Also quite good as a target man. Physicality and speed not so good, but he is already a Madrid legend and would retire in 2 years, so why not?

We could have stuck with Raul, but that boat has gone. No coming back now.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:48 pm

Problem is that we get a lot of our offense on counter attacks where we just fly down the field. Benz' role has become at times to help the defense and midfield and then make a run to the box. Higuain does the same thing roughly, using his different skillset. RVN would get injured within 2-3 games if he had to do that. A lot of switching around too with our forwards as they play all across the pitch.

We need physically gifted and high work rate CFs under Mou. It's a 10-man defense and 10-man attack concept.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:51 pm

That's why Ade fits, he is an uber athlete as you would say.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:58 am

A big reason of mourinho wanting a 3rd CF might be higuain as well, he is far from his full fitness level. And it might not be a good idea to push him too much until he gets there.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:00 am

You're right Nick. Pipita is not recovered... it's obvious. And he's too hard a worker to blame it on anything but the injury. We need to add some depth here. Mou's right.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:12 am

Nick, Sportsczy - what is your take on Mou's supposed comment today that he only wants a squad of 20!!!

Is he saying that he doesn't need the 3rd striker? How does he get 20 (rather than 21)?

I missed the game today, surprised that Sahin didn't get to play and disappointed about Ramos. I agree that for the next few games (super Cup and Spanish NT friendly) that Arbeloa can fill in adequately.

I just hope both of these guys return healthly and soon. This probably means that both will miss supercup games. So we basically go into these games with same line-up as last year (plus Coentrao) while Barca will be minus Puyol, but have Sanchez (likely in place of Villa) and Abidal and possibly Thiago. I don't like to admit it, but we look like underdogs again. We need to get Sahin into the line-up!!!!

Last edited by futbol_bill on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:18 am

It's a curious one, specially after asking a third CF. I do not like the midfield selection we have, at the end of the day, that's my only concern, specially if he wants to count on only 2 CF. it's very odd
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:21 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:It's a curious one, specially after asking a third CF. I do not like the midfield selection we have, at the end of the day, that's my only concern, specially if he wants to count on only 2 CF. it's very odd

Do you know if the comment is real or is this just another media story????
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:23 am

It must be real, i only saw it on marca right now, but i dont think they would make it up
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:41 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

You bring a good point Nick.

But IMO this is the ripe time to test youngsters as I can understand how they can be exposed at times due to inexperience yet, playing youngsters under pressure can bring wonders as when they develop under pressure but with close support from their team and staff, they eventually develop a thick skin to pressure and bloom even earlier.

Plus your youth has the talent to withstand and the mentality as that is what they also teach in the Cantera.

Ade is not a good option at all I agree yet I feel he will be signed cause he wants it so much as Mou seems to empathize with him.

Personally I feel Drogba would be perfect as he has 1-2 more years and is professional enough to except the bench
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:43 am

Drogba is too ambitious to come sit behind benzema and Higuain i feel, i considered the option myself last season, but ultimately i'm not sure he wants to be in that role.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:16 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:It's a curious one, specially after asking a third CF. I do not like the midfield selection we have, at the end of the day, that's my only concern, specially if he wants to count on only 2 CF. it's very odd

Do you know if the comment is real or is this just another media story????

How come Marca is the only paper with that piece of info? very odd.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next