FC Barcelona - Valencia CF

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: FC Barcelona - Valencia CF

Post by Harmonica on Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:29 pm

@izzy wrote:Honest question;

Was Messi as bad as you guys are saying or are you just doing it to piss off Harmonica?
It's the defensive reaction to me exposing their favorite players. You see they are the fan boys actually.

Last edited by Harmonica on Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football on Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:30 pm

Problem is both Xavi and fabregas are too slow.By the time they make a decision to pass the ball forward, there is 10 Valencia players in the box, thus it is too difficult for meesi and co to unlock the defense. we cant make counter attack with both xavi and fabregas. We need faster and energetic player in the midfield.

Last edited by Beautiful Football on Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts on Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:31 pm

Was Messi as bad as you guys are saying or are you just doing it to piss off Harmonica?
considering no one else bar Messi had a real shot on target
and Sanchez's goal which wasn't really a shot but a lucky cross, everyone is pinning the blame on Messi, not the fact that our whole defensive line messed up..
or Valdes playing horrible today by having three mistakes of coming out of the goal to try and grab an air ball only to be chiped...
Buscuit doing almost nothing defensively or offensively..
Alves getting outjumped by a player shorter then messi
Alba double yellow
Sanchez misplacing more then 75% of the balls he had.
Pedro doing nothing.
Cesc's magical act of vanishing out of thin air.
Mascherano misplacing more balls then ever...
Iniesta and Tello subs useless......
no none of those were the reasons we lost today but only Messi.. damn that guy.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Toronto

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir on Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:33 pm

Messi was not so bad, he is Messi. He had good dribbles and perhaps some glimpses of his old self. But, that is it. He is lazy for some time now, and today he was selfish. I thought he will not care that he is not scoring and will play good and provide for the rest. But tonight, he was loosing (almost)all the balls he got trying to dribble the whole Valencia team, shooting like CR used to shoot without a point, and most importantly walking the pitch like he owns it whenever we had no ball. He is not making the runs anymore since he plays in CM position but does not want to pass, but dribble 10 players.
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr on Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:37 pm

@futbol wrote:Are PSG still interested in buying Messi? Let's hope so. Has the mobility of a 78 year old granny. Can't believe I trusted this guy and even wore his avatar. Ultimate deceivage. Changing it to the real best player in the world now, fss.
are you still a barca fun though?
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football on Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:38 pm

@eelir wrote:

Messi was not so bad, he is Messi. He had good dribbles and perhaps some glimpses of his old self. But, that is it. He is lazy for some time now, and today he was selfish. I thought he will not care that he is not scoring and will play good and provide for the rest. But tonight, he was loosing (almost)all the balls he got trying to dribble the whole Valencia team, shooting like CR used to shoot without a point, and most importantly walking the pitch like he owns it whenever we had no ball. He is not making the runs anymore since he plays in CM position but does not want to pass, but dribble 10 players.

Agree. Thumbs up  Messi should stay in the box. Make more forward runs behind the defense. Press as much a possible.
Otherwise we should consider PSG'S Offer IMO.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir on Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:39 pm

@Donuts wrote:

considering no one else bar Messi had a real shot on target
and Sanchez's goal which wasn't really a shot but a lucky cross, everyone is pinning the blame on Messi, not the fact that our whole defensive line messed up..
or Valdes playing horrible today by having three mistakes of coming out of the goal to try and grab an air ball only to be chiped...
Buscuit doing almost nothing defensively or offensively..
Alves getting outjumped by a player shorter then messi
Alba double yellow
Sanchez misplacing more then 75% of the balls he had.
Pedro doing nothing.
Cesc's magical act of vanishing out of thin air.
Mascherano misplacing more balls then ever...
Iniesta and Tello subs useless......
no none of those were the reasons we lost today but only Messi.. damn that guy.

True, but Messi was selfish, too selfish, like CR on a bad day selfish. I think he had like 5-6 chances where he could pass to wings who were in good position to open up the game and score, but he decided to shoot or dribble them all. ALSO he is not tracking back/pressuring at all. It is becoming ridiculous! Even CR is tracking back at times, I mean he used to be the boss of not caring in that department. But he learned his lesson!

EDIT:
Did CR and Messi swap bodies?
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:49 pm

CR still doesn't track back lol. But we don't play a high line/pressure defense. So his job (with Benz as the two strikers) is to keep the CBs out of play. Di Maria and Bale are the ones who cover the fullbacks for us since Di Maria has moved to LCM.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:56 pm

Other than Alba,Valdes,Pedro,Busi,Iniesta and Masche(In recent games)I'm not happy with how anyone in the whole squad is performing tbf.Alves has been a disaster since his return and I have a feeling he will stay at this level.
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir on Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:59 pm

@sportsczy wrote:CR still doesn't track back lol.  But we don't play a high line/pressure defense.  So his job (with Benz as the two strikers) is to keep the CBs out of play.  Di Maria and Bale are the ones who cover the fullbacks for us since Di Maria has moved to LCM.

I know, I am just letting some steam out Very Happy
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:00 pm

So I wasn't able to watch this match, could someone give me a brief summary on what went wrong?

Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra on Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:02 pm

Well Valencia scored thrice. That's what went wrong. All the talk of some players not scoring or creating enough.. two goals should be enough to win a home game against a team like Valencia eh?
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr on Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:05 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:So I wasn't able to watch this match, could someone give me a brief summary on what went wrong?
horrid defensive mistakes, laziness, and change of team dynamics due to...
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts on Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:10 pm

my personal ratings, and ima stop being sarcastic because it's tiring to see so much butthurt in the thread.

Valdes --- had semi good save which wasn't too hard to stop, but in corners he came out way too early to try and catch the ball we were lucky not to concede with an open net because of this, in another cross he again ran out of goal to try and catch it but then decided to go back mid run... which was easy for a midget to score a headed chipped goal, overall not a good day for valdes.

Dani Alves --- other then some half chances on his long shots, defensively he was shit, offensively his passing was shit, as always his crosses were shit... getting out jumped and muscled by a guy shorter then Messi for the chipped headed goal :facepalm:

Pique --- was invisible al match though had the least amount of screwups compared to the rest of the defenders...

Mascherano --- cannot pass the ball to save his life, the minute he got injured he should of been subbed out for Bartra why in gods name Tata didn't do that is beyond me, his sliding tackles which missed left the whole left side of our defense open, especially with an out of place alba...

Alba --- stupid yellows he got, he made some decent overlapping runs but other then that, him and Mascherano were the main areas Valencia attacked in, and for good reasons they are our weak points.. the amount of crosses from out left side is way too high and i blame alba.

Buscuit --- sloppy passes, even easy passes to dani alves were mis placed and given to Valencia without even getting pressured, defensively he also did nothing to help, sliding tackles that kept missing, people kept dribbling around him as if he were just a cone, did not help offense all that much..

Xavi --- you'd figure with Messi helping the midfield so much he'd contribute more with the amount of space he gets now, but nope.. sideways passes and cannot pass forward to save his life, defensively he does nothing as he is slower then a rock

Cesc --- did he even play?? one good pass and that was about it..

Pedro --- started well the first 10 minutes, did nothing the rest of the game cut in once if i remember correctly, the rest of the time he just spent doing low crosses that had no productivity.

Messi --- Messi was Messi, he is the only one bar Iniesta / Neymar (who were missed today) who produce something out of nothing, inorder to do that he puts the team at risk if he loses the ball which today he lost a lot.. only one who really gave Valencia any type of threat.

Alexis --- i lost count of how many passes he lost, or how many times he got tackled stupidly trying to dribble.. other then his very lucky goal which he was really trying to cross to the middle.. he sucked, he did nothing literally nothing.

Tata --- the minute Mascherano got injured i would of started talking to Bartra about the strategy, THE SECOND time mascherano got hit i would of told him to jump the *bleep* in, we needed bartra for this type of match, especially against a counter team we needed a fast, and agile defender who could maybe add aerial threat to corners.
Iniesta should of started over Cesc, I know he was injured but cesc + xavi never seems to really work.
subbing in Tello for the wingers was ambitious but we all knew nothing was going to come from it..
we should of subbed dani alves for Adriano once alba got suspended..

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Toronto

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick on Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:38 pm

Ouch.
Hope this is a slap in the face to the team and I hope they get it together. Valencia just loaned out half it's team yesterday and they beat us at home. dafuq is that? Maybe Pizzi knew what he was doing shedding off all of it's deadwood (or maybe our defensive system just got exposed)

Messi looks really out of rhythm and with no confidence. As someone mentioned, it's like Messi at the 2010 World Cup. Dropping deep and then taking allot of shots that don't go in. When he is at his best, he is closer to the goal and is super clinical and doesn't feel the need to fall so deep. Maybe he doesn't have confidence in Xavi and Cesc/Inesta delivering a good enough pass to the wingers so he feels he has to fall back and help them out. Whatever the case, he needs to regain confidence or we will continue to suffer as our team has revolved around him for so long. Neymar coming back will help him out allot, as he has been assisting Messi and many others on the team with his game. He is already fit and training with the team again

Our defense. Can't believe we didn't even bother to look at getting Musachio (was on his last year of his contract so could of been got for cheap) or any defender out there. Hell, we have Bartra!! And we need to get rid of Alba, we need a defensive minded left back. Look at how many goals Abidal scored with us, just 2 in 6 seasons. His job was to sit back and prevent them. With Alba and Alves it's like we are playing with 4 wingers and 2 center backs. Ofcourse we are gonna get countered to high heavens if our mids aren't mobile enough to have such an attacking minded flank with no one to cover.

We should recall Rafinha and start to rotate him with Xavi/Cesc/Inesta imo. We need that fast youth in the midfield

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:28 pm

I smell a sliiiiiiiiiiiight overreaction considering it's the first time this season you drop points at home...
Art Morte
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick on Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:38 pm

We got spoiled Sad

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:16 pm

I bet half the people complaining here would have bet on Barcelona thrashing Valencia up until the 44th minute.

I mean it was literally all Barcelona up until that moment Parejo scored.

This is the third goal. Someone tell please me how Feghouli can go completely unmarked? Laughing

Spoiler:
It is Messi's fault.

First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels on Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:45 pm

@Art Morte wrote:I smell a sliiiiiiiiiiiight overreaction considering it's the first time this season you drop points at home...
FFS this is just the second time they lost in the league after 22 matchdays and they're complaining. lol
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:24 pm

Everton have lost 3 matches in 24 Games,yet they're in 5th place,doesn't mean shit.Just like we'll be in 3rd place tommorow.
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir on Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:32 pm

Loss is ok. It is about the way we lost, and the team we lost to.

FFS this Valencia offloaded half of their team while being a shit team already. We are playing in camp nou and we collapse on the first sign of trouble after we were dominating the match for about 35-40 min. If Valencia got some chances and took them while we played decently, I would be fine. But we looked horrible, at camp nou against one of the worst valencia sides in ages.
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar on Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:07 am

@Jack Daniels wrote:
@Art Morte wrote:I smell a sliiiiiiiiiiiight overreaction considering it's the first time this season you drop points at home...
FFS this is just the second time they lost in the league after 22 matchdays and they're complaining. lol

Apparently they should sack half the team and start playing B players  Laughing 

Totally understandable complaints though. When you set a certain standard, it hurts to see it lowered, even if the new standard is 2 losses in 22 games  Laughing 

First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:50 am

To the first of many February losses  drinking drinking drinking 

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hlebruary

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:08 am

Martino blames complacency in the after-match comments:

"When you can step on the rivals, you have to step on them, finish them off and win the game. Don't misunderstand me. The sensation from the team was that the match was over 30 minutes in and we paid dearly for that.

Let the team mourn the loss today but not affect our future results. We must keep going forward. Next week we have two very complicated matches against Real Sociedad and Sevilla.

Every time we lose a match we worry a lot, especially in La Liga, in which losing a match means losing part of the tournament. But our chances in La Liga are still strong, but now we start playing an entirely different tournament than the one we've been playing up until now."

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled on Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:47 am

The amount of bullshit in this thread is so damn high!!

Do you really call yourself fans? few mistakes, 1 game lost at home in La Liga in 2 years and you start all this bullshit by blaming the players and the coach. #TataOut #MessiOut #BarcaOut lol

Come on, yes we lost and our performance was awful in the 2nd half. But, we were really playing the best football under Tata in the 1st 30 minutes. Many things went wrong after that, hopefully Tata and the players will try to correct their mistakes and I have faith in this team! I'll keep supporting them even if we get relegated, these players gave us so much in previous seasons to turn against them after few bad results! [Only ones you should blame is the board for not buying someone to replace Puyol/Abidal] BUT NOT THE players, they're doing their best and they have been doing well this season until last night's game! They'll come back stronger after this defeat!

Say what ever you want about this team, but at the end of the season you'll come to this thread and laugh at your STUPID comments!

As fans, you should Support the players especially after defeats.

#treble2009 #treble2015 #sextuple2009 #sextuple2015
Visca el Barca!
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik on Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:15 am

Dont even know where to start or what to say.So many things wrong.
We just cant defend like this.Either we press completely or we dont press at all.As simple as that.We cant have Alexis and Alves pressing full pelt from the front while our superstar walks around as if he owns the pitch thereby giving the opposition an easy way to pass out the back.And before free_cat comes in defending his precious superstar,just stop.Your nonsensical excuses didnt hold ground before and they most certainly dont hold ground now.

It is not a coincidence that our pressing game,which had improved remarkably in the superstar's absence has now once again gone to garbage now that the superstar is back.And we are leaking goals again.

The way I see it,there are 2 options.We bench the arrogant superstar,teach him a lesson and go back to a high pressing game with players who are willing to put in the effort.I am convinced that with the players we have,its the only way we can defend effectively and it in line with our principles.Thats my preferred way.
The second option involves the superstar playing.But then we dont press at all.We accept that the superstar considers himself above the team and accomodate his selfish interests.As soon as we lose the ball,the 2 wide forwards drop back.They dont press and neither do the fullbacks,especially Alves.As soon as we lose the ball high,Alves drops back to defend in the back 4.Sanchez and Pedro drop deep.Busquets in front of the defense.Then a line of 4 in front of him.And our superstar continues his favorite hobby of walking around as if he owns the pitch.

Coming to the players in the game,Busquets had another atrocious game.By far the worst player on the pitch.Continuing with his poor season.Sloppy passes as usual,trying to be too clever,getting caught in no man's land and poor decisions throughout.Also looks woefully out of shape as he was gassed half the time.I think its time to bench him in favor of Song.
fabregas had another invisible game.I think its time to see the writing on the wall.He just cant play CM for us.He is a 10 and we cant play him there as that is reserved for our superstar.So either offload him or change our system to ammodate two 10's in the team(like thats going to work).
Messi had another poor game.He just ruins the entire dynamic of the team and it is no surprise that we have been poor ever since he has come back.he insists on dropping into midfield every single time,thereby forcing Xavi out of there.Instead of staying up,he keeps dropping thereby ruining our positional play and movement.If he wants to play as a 10 or a CM,then I suggest he find another team.
Also didnt understand Tata's changes.He subs out Xavi,who was probably our best player on the night and then he subs out Fab too minutes later.Meanwhile he keeps on Busquets who was having a stinker and we are chasing the game.He should have taken off Busquets for Iniesta or Tello.Fab plays alongside Xavi in the pivot.
Messi as the 10 with Alexis in front of him.Pedro and Iniesta/Tello either side of him.far more dangerous and we retain the ball far better.With Xavi out we just couldnt keep the ball and barely created any chances.Massive fail from tata there.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next