Winter is Coming
Mr Nick09
Hapless_Hans
Highburied
futbol
35 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Thiago Alcantara Denunciation Thread Empty The Thiago Alcantara Denunciation Thread

Post by futbol Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:40 pm

Dominating Frankfurt, getting shown up against any other half decent team. rofl

Last edited by futbol on Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

The Thiago Alcantara Denunciation Thread Empty Re: The Thiago Alcantara Denunciation Thread

Post by Highburied Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:42 pm

Jack Wilshere is impressed.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

The Thiago Alcantara Denunciation Thread Empty Re: The Thiago Alcantara Denunciation Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:46 pm

lol.

If he continues to find form like that, he can take over by himself and Lahm can go back to RB, and Rafinha can have a deserved rest again.

This recent couple of strong Thiago appearances also provides a good counterweight for our board against any 'agent being photographed in the stand with Club x manager' shenanigans in the Kroos contract poker game.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:49 pm

185 touches is apparently the new all time record in the Bundesliga, according to our favourite bearded football semi-hipster Honigstein.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:50 pm

please, meaningless stats in a shite game where frankfurt disgracefully checked out after the 15th minute.

best talent in midfield still yet to achieve anything significant in footy, so please put a sock on it.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:51 pm

FFS Rosell and Zubi! Letting him go was a big mistake could've used him right about now.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:53 pm

I think I speak for everyone when I say I'd prefer a video to his Whoscored game log.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:54 pm

you'd need to see a 93 minute long video to appreciate this immaculate display of midfield domination.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:56 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:please, meaningless stats in a shite game where frankfurt disgracefully checked out after the 15th minute.

best talent in midfield still yet to achieve anything significant in footy, so please put a sock on it.

That's unfair considering at Barca he wasn't given the opportunity consistently and was injured.

In his first full season as a starter he's been by all counts fantastic despite being out for a prolonged period with injury.

If he still hasn't achieved anything in a year or two time then ok but as of right now its unfair to state that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:59 pm

So futbol, can we ostracise Xavi from La Seleccion now?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:02 pm

Le Samourai wrote:So futbol, can we ostracise Xavi from La Seleccion now?

It is what should happen. Xavi is 34 and won't be able to play football every 3 days in the humidity of Brazil in the summer. But we all know del Bosque is prefering team harmony over performances so he'll nominate Torres and start Casillas in goal and probably get kicked out in the group stages by Chile and Netherlands while Thiago will watch from the television.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:30 pm

Gundogan is better imo. Still amazing player, wish we went for him.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:47 pm

To be honest, I'm starting to have my doubts whether Gündogan will ever play again. Or at least I'd really like to know what the *bleep* is going on there.

He's been now out with a back injury for 7 months, and it was only supposed to be for a short while, then he was supposed to partake in the winter preparation, now still there's no date for his return to team training.

If that doesn't dent his transfer appeal hype, I don't know what would.
But then you guys paid 100m for a guy with a chronic back problem, so..
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:09 pm

Me appreciates.

Reminds me so much of Xavi, but he's more flamboyant making him more pleasing to the eyes. He has a great future ahead of him. However, he does try some near impossible things at times which in return makes him loses the ball more often than not and in dangerous positions.

As for Gundogan, he's great player. It's unfair to compare the both of them as one has been a key player for his team for a while, while the other for the first time in his career is getting consistent playing time and is a starter.

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:26 pm

The options in centre midfield; Schweinsteiger, Goetze, Thiago, Hojberg, Kroos and Martinez.

The Thiago Alcantara Denunciation Thread Homer-drooling
ioilersrock448
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:02 pm

ioilersrock448 wrote:The options in centre midfield; Schweinsteiger, Goetze, Thiago, Hojberg, Kroos and Martinez.

The Thiago Alcantara Denunciation Thread Homer-drooling

The Thiago Alcantara Denunciation Thread Wtf
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:23 pm

^ lmfaooooooooo

dunno why hojberg isn't on the danish nt yet
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:33 pm

maybe because he's 18 years old and has staggering 4 league appearances. Patience.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:15 pm

I almost lay under the table laughing, when the commentator said after a misplaced pass around the 80th or so minute (and as about 10 min ago, Thiago had one little technical mistake): "Oh dear, and now Thiago misplaced a pass. I think he's in crisis."
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:40 pm

rwo power wrote:I almost lay under the table laughing, when the commentator said after a misplaced pass around the 80th or so minute (and as about 10 min ago, Thiago had one little technical mistake): "Oh dear, and now Thiago misplaced a pass. I think he's in crisis."

lol, who was it, Marcel Reif? Or Fritz "Schweinsteiger, von Dante hart genommen" von Thurn und Taxis?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Footyfan Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:32 am

It was an amazing display. Shame to those who missed it.

Really awesome stuff. If he keeps it up he's gonna be starting for Spain in the World Cup. No way Del Bosque can keep him out anymore.

Footyfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:28 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
rwo power wrote:I almost lay under the table laughing, when the commentator said after a misplaced pass around the 80th or so minute (and as about 10 min ago, Thiago had one little technical mistake): "Oh dear, and now Thiago misplaced a pass. I think he's in crisis."
lol, who was it, Marcel Reif? Or Fritz "Schweinsteiger, von Dante hart genommen" von Thurn und Taxis?
I'm sorry, I have no idea. It was the sky live commentary yesterday - but I had a hell of a headache, so I saw much of it through a haze, but this line stuck. XD

Edit: I found it out - it was Marcel Reif. He praised Thiago to the skies throughout the match, and when he misplaced that pass it almost sounded as if he felt insulted by the mishap XD
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:36 pm

Marcel Reif did a funny? That can't have been intentional, dude's too dense.

BTW regarding the Gündogan comments in this thread: he has resumed training and is due to rejoin full training within a week. Of course he'll be lacking match practice and all, but still, he seems to have the all clear from medical.
At least that's what Transfermarkt tells me.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:10 pm

LeVersacci wrote:^ lmfaooooooooo

dunno why hojberg isn't on the danish nt yet
Yeah we need to cap Højbjerg in competition, so that France won't get the chance if he improves drastically Laughing But Olsen was never a huge fan of young talent, kept playing Rommedahl for an endless amount of time hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:13 pm

I really liked Thiago even when he was in Barca B. I was having such high hopes for him to succeed in Barca. But our stupid management ruined it, first by subbing him for Cesc and then by not putting at least a bit effort to keep him. I just hope he becomes one of the greatest ever.
Bayern fans enjoy this gem! Smile
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next