Art Morte
Nishankly
DeletedUser#1
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Livepool vs. Freaking Arsenal Empty Livepool vs. Freaking Arsenal

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:35 pm

Every June the fixture list comes out, there are some games you look forward to the most.

Mancs at home, and Bitters away are always top 2 for me for some reason. Then this god damn fixtures vs. Arsenal. I absolutely despise those games. We seem to have the sort of luck against them, that Everton have against us. No matter how in-form we may be, and how out of form they might be, they always get the better of us. We haven't beaten these f*ckers at Anfield in a league game since March 2007 !! (Yes, CROUCHIE HATTRICK). That's abysmal. The hell is wrong with us? It's infuriating. Sack life, sell whores. I hate this.

Now, we are coming off a truly pedestrian performance vs. WBA (as obvious you can't play the same XI 3 times in one week, but hey we don't need any new players eh lets not go there ) ....and usually under BR, we always respond to poor games, with absolute belters ? But this time, it's freaking Arsenal man. I'd be more confident of playing Brazil of 1970 than these North London people.

They are now in their greatest form in 8 years, have one of the best defences of all time in history of football, and play Mourinho ball better than Mourinho himself. They haven't lost with Merte-Kos partnership playing 90 minutes.....The woe is us !! What the hell we have to do to beat them...here are the options !!

** hope Koscielny has one of those games where he is too rash and gets red card early
** Defend with 4-4-1-1 shape, give them lots of the ball, and just play on the counter. ALA Everton game.
** Outscore them, because let's be honest, we ain't keeping clean sheet wit that makeshift defense
** Just now show up and throw the flag

I don't know. I hate this fixture. I am actually tempted not to watch it. It always bores the hell outta me. I just want us to beat them. a hard fought 1-0 win vs. Arsenal will be a lot more satisfying to me than trashing Everton 4-0. Because that'd mean we have overcome a mental block the same way we did in WHL, and Britannia. I'm dreaming, but I'd have a massive wank if we beat Arsenal. We are the first team to play. You can just imagine Martinez, Sherwood and Moyes licking their fingers at prospect of us losing or at best drawing here, when they go to close the gap on sunday. Now if we upset the odds, and finally beat these f*ckers after 7 years in front of our own fans, it'd totally destabilize the chasing pack. And we'll only be 5 points behind Arsenal with a difficult run of games to follow for them.

Please beat them. I hate losing to Arsenal. I am sick of losing to Arsenal all the time. It's time for a change...and what better time to do it when we're down on a shit result and need to pay back to the fans with a gutsy performance and result.

Tell you one thing though, I am already certain our best player on the pitch will be Raheem Sterling. No matter we win/draw/lose...he was the only lad who showed heart, and application and hard work at WBA this weekend. He's on it, and hope his senior team mates play to his level this time. A win here would be jizz-worthy, I have never more wanted to win a game.

Can we please win ? For anyone's sake. Screw this fixture, just play it, win it, and I don't have to worry about it for well, 8 DAYS !!!!

Come on you reds....11th home win of the season should be a fitting one. and a fitting one would be vs. Arsenal, and not freaking Swansea. Come on bastards !!!

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Livepool vs. Freaking Arsenal Empty Re: Livepool vs. Freaking Arsenal

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:58 pm

I just remembered one thing I hate the most about Arsenal. Their Twitter fan leaders.

The biggest piece of wankstains ever those guys are. They are more cringe-wrothy than @LFC official Twitter. Artekkers, PascalZidane, Bosscielny, etc....ugh, anytime someone retweets something from them, I wanna go and puke in the Atlantic ocean.

Just read the Sterling thread too...more reason to hate this game. God, I just want to win this game too bad...I'd walk to North Korea if it means we'll win this. God, please make it happen !!! I'd actually have a break-down if we lose. The last time I so badly wanted to win a game was the FA Cup final vs. Chelsea,, I literally were depressed for a week, my friends had to give me substances to take me out and better up my mood back in Denmark.

Jesus christ..can we please win this ? Park the bus, park the plane, park the planet....injure everyone, injure no one...just win at absolutely any cost.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:22 am

:bow:

I dont think a draw will be that bad, Lets face it we will be playing with Cissokho and Toure in defense, Which means Arsenal starts the game with a 1-0 advantage.

I'd be happy with a draw, Win would be superb but lets face the injuries have taken a toll on us. The only thing that keeps me optimistic is the resurgent form at Anfield.

I specially agree with the twitter statement, Ive already mentioned this during the Suarez saga, The Arsenal fans worship these guys like its their manager, Its laughable.

but if we win.....
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:27 am

When we lost our away games against the top-3 sides we were saying in the team's defense and in hopeful, 2nd-half-of-the-season tones that "that's the toughest fixtures out of the way, next we'll be playing them at home". Well, this is where it's got to show, especially since we keep stumbling in easier games.

Play with the same spirit, decisiveness and concentration as in the Everton game and we'll have every chance of winning this. Hopefully counter-attacks won't be our only weapon, or if they are, we better score first.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:21 am

thought a good table to look at before we go into this game:
Spoiler:

Last edited by HEIL MEIN REDS on Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:38 am

Just put that table here to give a picture about where we are right now, only Chelsea has managed to gain all the points when they played at home. So of course I want to win this one but a draw wont be too bad either. But now it would be bad because we managed to frracking draw against Villa and baggies.

I do not understand how can people blatantly ask for possession based game inspit of all these injuries, specially when the back four are so important to play that sort of game, full backs who have to play massive part in helping keeping the ball. So I do not know what tactics to play against them but I just hope that whatever BR employs, our players will give 100%. And this game will be a real test if BR's vision of making Anfield a fortress has come to fruits or not.

Btw, those two OP as always are brilliant, :bow: the feeling is sinking in here Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:18 am

You what is great these days!!! You don't have to guess or be tense about who is going to play. Allen will be on the bench, so some sort of cover there.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:04 pm

Arsenal have not lost a Premier League match where Per Mertesacker and Laurent Koscielny have completed the full 90 minutes for more than two years.

A 2-1 reverse to Manchester City on Jan. 22, 2012 was the last time the league leaders lost with the pair at the back, a streak that now stands at 32 matches, including 23 wins.

Arsenal have conceded 21 goals in 24 league matches this season, second only to third-placed Chelsea, and they have let in one goal in their last 11 home games.
we must concentrate on the weakness of this CB pair OR hope for a red card OR some training injury

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:47 pm

Mark my words we will win by some margin in this game!!

cheers cheers cheers 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:15 pm

Mersesacker and Koscielny don't worry me, SASAS have got enough qualities to punish them, I'm worried that the rest of our players might not be able to play the ball to them into danger areas.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:50 pm

^ indeed. Whenever we play poor vs. Arsenal, blind people out it down as some sort of master class by Arsenal CBs to have had our strikers in their "pocket", forgetting that our strikers barely touched the ball as our midfield usually gets outclassed by theirs and sees very little of the ball, which is indeed needed to feed the strikers.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:54 pm

without Ramsey or Flamini, if we include Allen in our midfield, we should be able to dominate their midfield, right

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:37 pm

GTFI Sepille Proud great preview

Hoping for Gerrard in the pivot, with Hendo and Allen roaming in front of him. As much as I love Coutinho he should be sacrificed for this game. Sterling is undroppable after that WBA performance. So you've got SAS rotating and taking turns defending the left flank and you've got Raheem on the right. Hendo would obviously be playing to the left corridor because of his physicality to cover that space and give him one of SAS some time to track back.

Gerrard
Allen ----- Hendo
Sterling -- Suarez -- Studge

Right hand side of the defense is very strong, Skrtel and Flanno are doing their jobs very well, it's just having Kolo and Cissokho start Sad

Must score at least 2 or 3 to win. Definitely going to concede with Kolo and Aly
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:23 am

Henderson will play deep next to Gerrard again.

He'll continue to play the "ball winning" midfielder type role until Leiva returns as we have no one in midfield, bar Lucas, that can defend.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:28 am

What are you on about, Gerrard has been playing the deepest by himself for 4-5 games now.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:34 am

Henderson's been playing deeper since Lucas has been injured...........

Why do you think he's never in the final third anymore?

When Allen came on against West Brom, Allen played Henderson's role next to Gerrard and Hendo took over Coutinho's role.

We've pretty much been playing a 3 man midfield, but it's like this.

Gerrard (DM)
Coutinho (RCM) Henderson (LCM)

Coutinho's been given all the freedom to go forward and hence becomes the attacking midfielder.
Henderson HAS to stay deep and play next to Gerrard. He's not used to the role though, so it's pretty much a 4231 instead of a 433. This also nullifies his game, as he's caught in two minds. THat's why I'm sick of tired of people saying "Henderson isn't good because he plays with Gerrard" because it's not true. We lack depth, so every midfielder has a new role.

And Gerrard's NOT been the deepest for 4-5. The WHOLE TEAM has been playing deep in the last 4-5 games.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:39 am

Don't take offense, but that is delusion on another level.

Since Stoke game, Stevie has been the deepest with two others roaming in front of him. Obviously when we are defending in our half the two roaming players drop and it looks like a straight line with Stevie and the two on his sides. When we just lose the ball though you could see it our press how the two roaming CM's are always in front of Gerrard. You could also see it when we have the ball.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:51 am

I don't think we're watching the same games.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:03 pm

"Arsenal are the leaders in the table and victory would be good for morale, give the whole squad an enormous injection and reduce the points difference at the top," Suarez is quoted as saying in the Daily Mirror.

"We didn't have success at the Emirates, so our objective now is to win and I believe we have that chance."

Suarez admits he expects the race for the title and top four to go down to the wire and he knows Liverpool must improve their results against the top three after losing to Arsenal, Manchester City and Chelsea so far this season.

"It's rare that everything could be decided on the last day, but we must keep going and to ensure that happens we need results against the other main candidates," added Suarez

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9152480/?

C'mon Luis lad. Twisted Evil
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:31 pm

I think if we score the first goal, it is important to have the control of the match, without the ball or with the ball, we will see what works out for us tomo. We may just go back to 1-0 performances which we had at the start of the season

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:57 pm

2010/11

AFC 1-1 LFC | 2011 Apr.
http://motd.lfc.vn/arsenal-liverpool-sd-s11-w33/

2011/12

AFC 0-2 LFC | 2011 Aug.
http://motd.lfc.vn/arsenal-liverpool-sd-s12-w02/

LFC 1-2 AFC | 2012 Mar.
http://motd.lfc.vn/liverpool-arsenal-hd-s12-w27/

2012/13

LFC 0-2 AFC | 2012 Sep.
http://motd.lfc.vn/liverpool-arsenal-hd-s13-w03/

AFC 2-2 LFC | 2013 Jan.
http://motd.lfc.vn/arsenal-liverpool-hd-s13-w24/

2013/14

AFC 2-0 LFC | 2013 Nov.
http://motd.lfc.vn/arsenal-liverpool-hd-s14-w10/
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:59 pm

thanks McAgger for spoiling the party Mad

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:19 pm

Make me proud Liverpool!
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:22 pm

yeah they will surely ake you proud and eventually drawing the game

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:24 pm

Draw is not good enough, I need you guys to win.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next