LeVersacci
the xcx
El Gunner
118 posters

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

All about Mesut Özil - Page 16 Empty Re: All about Mesut Özil

Post by El Gunner Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:22 pm

Uhm, excuse my ignorance (stupidity), but Ozil is muslim right? Shouldn't they be more holy, or more restricted to partying and such?
Inb4theyinventedthesisha
Inb4OzilintroducedJacktothesisha
Inb4partyingisnotunholy

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:27 pm

Shisha isn't prohibited in Islam at all and that doesn't make him a perfect poster boy for a religion.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:40 pm

MJ wrote:Shisha isn't prohibited in Islam at all and that doesn't make him a perfect poster boy for a religion.

Yeap that I know.

Exactly my point! Especially since I've always thought Islam is stricter than Christianity. But let's not turn this into a slating-Ozil-for-betraying-his-religion-arc in this thread. Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:58 pm

tbh idgaf if he's out all night partying as long as he's focused on the pitch and training professionally which I've never heard of him not doing.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:10 pm

That's not how it works... you are expected to be at your peak physically and mentally when you come to work. If you aren't and you're performing up to par, that's accepted. But if you're under-performing mostly and your physical conditioning seems poor, then your lifestyle is definitely something that's up for scrutiny.

Again, the reasons that Madrid cooled on Ozil so quickly is his constant whining about his contract... and more importantly, the club didn't want to commit that kind of money for that many years to someone where they had serious questions about his commitment/mentality/lifestyle.

As an athlete, your body is the tool of your craft. You're getting paid for your body in a large sense. So questioning how you take care of the tool that you're paying for is absolutely legit by a club.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:02 pm

That's why I'm critical of Wilshere. Underperforming and putting himself in compromising situations when he already has an unnecessarily distracting reputation.

Not worried about Özil and I was obviously exaggerating when I said 'out all night partying' but the point is if they're taking care of themselves and performing well then I don't care what they do within the boundaries of the law (I'm a Pats fan, I have to bite my tongue to a certain degree or star players will go on murdering sprees)
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:49 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Why? They would have had Bale, Ronaldo and Benzema finishing the chances Özil created.
The sitters those Arsenal scrubs miss...
he doesnt work hard enough to play for us sorry
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:50 am

MJ wrote:tbh idgaf if he's out all night partying as long as he's focused on the pitch and training professionally which I've never heard of him not doing.

Laughing Come on even you know what you said here is stupid and you're only trying to defend Ozil.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:10 am

are you saying Özil is not in good physical shape right now? I think that's nonsense tbh, rather the contrary.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:15 am

I'm just saying that MJ's argument, hypothetically, is stupid at the mere thought of it.

As for his current physical condition. I wouldn't know if he is still currently posing the partying lifestyle. But he looks better and more energised since his return, think everyone can agree with that.

El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:20 am

I think maybe him being energized might be connected to him having got rid of his terrible girlfriend and being back to partying and threesomes hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:46 am

El Gunner wrote:
MJ wrote:tbh idgaf if he's out all night partying as long as he's focused on the pitch and training professionally which I've never heard of him not doing.

Laughing Come on even you know what you said here is stupid and you're only trying to defend Ozil.

lmao what? I really have no concern with players' social lives and extracurricular activities if it's not getting them into trouble or affecting their performances... I think it would be pretty stupid of people to be.... Laughing
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:19 am

MJ wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

lmao what? I really have no concern with players' social lives and extracurricular activities if it's not getting them into trouble or affecting their performances... I think it would be pretty stupid of people to be.... Laughing

But how can partying late, which almost certainly involves alcohol consumption or any form of substance which is bad for your athletic performance, not have an affect on a player's performance?

Think we had this dicussion about Jack's shisha-gate in the Arsenal section and you criticised Jack for this, but no you're having a change of heart hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:40 am

El Gunner wrote:
MJ wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

But how can partying late, which almost certainly involves alcohol consumption or any form of substance which is bad for your athletic performance, not have an affect on a player's performance?

Think we had this dicussion about Jack's shisha-gate in the Arsenal section and you criticised Jack for this, but no you're having a change of heart hmm

Think I already addressed the difference between Jack (who always gets photographed smoking and drinking and isn't performing to the best of his abilities, nowhere near that to be more frank, just to make it clearer for you) in a previous post

And no, partying does not have to entail excessive consumption of alcohol.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:07 am

has anyone ever seen ozil put in a 90min shift. its not like the lad runs his nuts off in a game. imo. he has talent. but he blows up after 60-70 mins. and goes missing when his team are under pressure. I don't think he has made arsenal a better team tbh. and at 40 odd mil he should have.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:16 am

funnily I think you'll see that Özil actually ranks among the top more often than not when it comes to distance covered in the Arsenal team, if I'm not mistaken.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:29 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:funnily I think you'll see that Özil actually ranks among the top more often than not when it comes to distance covered in the Arsenal team, if I'm not mistaken.
realy. it looks like he lets players run off him all the time. he moves forward. the move breakes down and he don't run back. I remember last season when Liverpool beat arsenal. Henderson just dominated him easy. and ive seen that lots of times. when arsenal are on top and playing well he is in the thick of it. when the play goes the other way he is lost.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:30 am

he's just not very good at defending.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:37 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:he's just not very good at defending.
I can understand that. but he is ment to be a world class 42mil player. and imo he is far from that. as a attacking mf player I would take coutinho over him tbh. and he is a 22yo 8.5 mil player. ive seen ozil hide in some of the big games. you cant allways play well in big games. but the last thing you can do is hide. when the pressure is on he don't fancy it imo.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:42 am

fair enough.

I'd just point out that the price tag isn't necessarily the player's fault - is Di Maria living up to his 75m € price tag? Lallana to his 33m €, Markovich to his 25m etc? Bale?
Plus it clouds what kind of player Özil is. Very different from Coutinho. You won't see him dribble past 4 and score a screamer.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:47 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:fair enough.

I'd just point out that the price tag isn't necessarily the player's fault - is Di Maria living up to his 75m € price tag? Lallana to his 33m €, Markovich to his 25m etc? Bale?
Plus it clouds what kind of player Özil is. Very different from Coutinho. You won't see him dribble past 4 and score a screamer.
fair point. but he is the star player at arsenal and imo he has to do more when things are not going great. again I go back to coutinho. in some games things don't go his way. but he will allways work hard and close down. he allways wants the ball. he never hides.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:51 am

His forced departure still affects him imo.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:59 am

I watched the game only superficially, but does anyone really think Özil for example was more at fault for Arsenal's Monaco loss than most other players?

And I do think he offers a lot to Arsenal, but he's become the favourite scapegoat of English pundits because of their obsession with body language.
For example, I honestly think that 50% more expensive di Maria so far has performed infinitely - and I do mean infinitely - worse for Utd than Özil has for Arsenal even in his weak spells, but you won't see commentators picking on him because he runs and dribbles around hysterically, even if one in three of his passes, corners or freekicks goes hilariously astray hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:08 am

Valkyrja wrote:His forced departure still affects him imo.

what did he gain from forcing a move to arsenal.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:11 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:I watched the game only superficially, but does anyone really think Özil for example was more at fault for Arsenal's Monaco loss than most other players?

And I do think he offers a lot to Arsenal, but he's become the favourite scapegoat of English pundits because of their obsession with body language.
For example, I honestly think that 50% more expensive di Maria so far has performed infinitely - and I do mean infinitely - worse for Utd than Özil has for Arsenal even in his weak spells, but you won't see commentators picking on him because he runs and dribbles around hysterically, even if one in three of his passes, corners or freekicks goes hilariously astray hmm
ozil did not cost 50% less than de maria. and ozil has also had much more time to settle in.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:20 am

Özil may not have cost 50% less than di Maria, but still di Maria was 50% more expensive than Özil hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next