RealGunner
VendettaRed07
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Spfl General Thread Empty Spfl General Thread

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:20 am

All leagues, comps, you name it~

Aberdeen looking like a top side lately it's really incredible. Had they made the signings they made in January in the summer they may be up there for a title. Rooney isn't a top striker, but he's very solid, and changes everything for aberdeen.. He helps everyone in the side settle into their roles wonderfully

Now have an opportunity to win a double yet neither oldfirm side do. Really crazy!
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Spfl General Thread Empty Re: Spfl General Thread

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:49 pm

ABERDEEN ends Celtics unbeaten league campaign!!!

Aberdeen beat Celtic two times in a row!!!

What a match! Aberdeen heroes of Scotland!!  :bow: 
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:49 pm

Congrats on the cup Vendetta
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:36 pm

Thanks RG!! Very Happy

Sorry for the late response, but I haven't been able to log on for the past couple of days. For some reason, the ad box that is normally at the top, right under the home, calander, faq list shifted down a bit so it was blocking the section where I'd type in all my log in info.

Anyhow.. TROPHYyy!!!! Oh man was this an awesome feeling. This final took so long to come around.. And I felt like the longer it took for this game to come, the more and more Aberdeen would be expected to win it and the pressure as the favorites would grow. ICT can still be a dangerous team as they had a brilliant run of form at the start of the season similar to the Dons recent run, albeit not as convincing, but still.

Amazing atmosphere and support from the fans who had this coming for a long time. 40k aberdeen fans alone this game. While that isn't anything special in the Prem.. for a non oldfirm side that is a historic turnout. It was brilliant to see Celtic Park bright red.

As for the game. Holy crap. Worst match of the season by far. The dons looked so nervous and weren't playing up to recent form by any means. Even at their worst they were better this year. There probably may have been a pen on Rooney, and McGinn unluck to score in the 115.. but other than that there was nothing worth talking about.

The pens were absolute domination however. Worst Penalty performance I've ever seen by ICT. By both their takers and their GK. Normally I don't think Pens are a good way to figure out who wins, and I don't like seeing matches decided by them.. But man.. We deserved the cup simply because I've never seen pen performances so lopsided.

And anyhow. WHile it does matter how you win a cup sometimes.. Winning it is always most important.. That is what Aberdeen did. And no one can take that away from them. Its better to win poorly than lose gracefully and its hard for me to think up an argument against that.

Anyhow, season is not done but this should definitely give the side a boost of confidence now with the cup won. There is still one more to win, and need to seal that 2nd champions league spot. Now is the time to take every opportunity possible. Because there is only a short window before The Rangers International FC make their first trip up to the top flight and start spending what they don't have making cup wins, and CL all that much more difficult.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:30 am

lmao interesting report.

Yea winning is always most important. Hopefully we can now win a trophy with Arsenal cheers
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:12 pm

LMAO.

Hearts beat Hibs 2-0.

Someone needs to put Hibs out of their misery. They can never beat Hearts. Ever. Nobody shits the bed against a rival quite like they do.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:58 am

How many SPFL teams are strong enough to compete in EPL and how many are strong enough for Championship!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:46 am

Well, 'compete' as in challenge for a title, no one sadly. Teams don't get the benefit of the premier league revenue/tv deals, etc. Simply existing in the english system would give massive boosts to all sides, and be able to totally make over their squads. And also, these squads really aren't constructed in order to compete against typical english sides. For example, most of the better SPL teams would get easily bullied and knocked around in England, because strength, athleticism and the long ball, are all tools for the lower tier sides, where as that really not what its like in scotland. Power/strength isn't normally desired trait. Teams are ok with developing more lightweight/technical players.

But, as for the real intent of the question, I'd say, Celtic would finish about 12th-7th.... However, Neil Lennon is an absolutely dreadful manager, who would get his ass handed to him by managers with vastly better resources than the ones he is used to dealing with. So my guess is they'd probably finish 10th or 12th in this current PL until they fire that loathsome git

Then, there's Motherwell, Aberdeen, and Dundee United.. Its possible that if they where in the Prem, they'd be able to stave off relegation.. But likely as the squads are currently constructed would struggle to gather enough points to stay in the league for long.

Though I'd say ICT, St. Johnstone, Motherwell, Aberdeen, Dundee United, would all be competent Championship sides with minor adjustments. Some could be in the promotion race
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:54 pm

Dundee United beat Rangers 3-1 in the Scottish Cup

Darn Sad... I was hoping Aberdeen would get the chance to thrash them in the Scottish Cup Final... Been craving some more Old Firm Seethe for a few weeks now
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:19 am

Me and my idiot mouth.

Knocked out of the Cup by St. Johnstone.

UGHUShsogsgojdfsao
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TenMenWonTheLeague Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:59 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:All leagues, comps, you name it~

Aberdeen looking like a top side lately it's really incredible. Had they made the signings they made in January in the summer they may be up there for a title. Rooney isn't a top striker, but he's very solid, and changes everything for aberdeen.. He helps everyone in the side settle into their roles wonderfully

Now have an opportunity to win a double yet neither oldfirm side do. Really crazy!

Aberdeen went through a very good spell but showed why they'll never be able to mount a serious title challenge with very inconsistent results after that run of form. Although Aberdeen and Dundee United on their day are both good sides. But that doesn't happen enough especially with Dundee United.
TenMenWonTheLeague
TenMenWonTheLeague
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:17 am

Welcome back  Thumbs up 

Yeah, the squad just doesn't have enough options in attack to be consistent. l really like what l've seen from Rooney. He has been good despite pretty meh service.

l love the defense though. Has been rock solid all year. Hopefully if we can secure a second place finish, there will be some more funds available to bring in some forwards to help the defense out. Team can be special next year if they make the extra push.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:01 am

Also, Rangers look to be going into administration right now, or at least that is what l am hearing round the net.

Just crazy. What is happening there? lol.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TenMenWonTheLeague Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:26 pm

There is quite a few good attacking players in Aberdeen and Dundee United, Pawlett, Gauld and Armstrong are particularly good. Armstrong is supposedly joining us in the summer.

I hope Aberdeen can mount a serious challenge next year but I must admit I'm sceptical. I just can't see any team getting the quality required to run us close over a full season.

They do look as is they're going to go bust again. Shame.
TenMenWonTheLeague
TenMenWonTheLeague
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:50 pm

omg.. Absolute MADNESS lS COMMENClNG !!!

So kilmarnock board accused of cheating by forging signatures, not paying employees, etc

A signature was forged so they could field an unsigned player in their game against celtic. Fielding an inelligable player is by the rules l believe a 3 point deduction automatically. Forging player signatures however, is a MASSlVE offense, which will in all likely hood if proven true, be punished to a much greater degree.. An insider of the club has actually come forth and blown the whistle on the club, using their name, providing evidence.. lt is insane. killie seem to be caught red handed and could end up getting MAJOR points deduction almost immediately.

This could even save Hearts from Relegation!! LMAO..
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:43 am

LOL
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:50 am

Omg IF Kilmarnock get points deducted, enough for hearts to finish second, and they win the playoff, and stay up... Omg.. OMG. I will spend the next 30 years trolling Hibernian forums.

Most of them actually marked the day Hearts got relegated on their calendars.. Put it in their sigs.. If Killie get punished for cheating and Hearts stay up the butt hurt will be out of this world !!!.. Out of this WORLD I TELLS YA!

Scottish football! :bow:

Seethe !! :bow:

The controversy :bow:

The cheaters getting exposed :bow:

The non stop hilarity I just can't take it!!!
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TenMenWonTheLeague Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:31 pm

Doubt it will come to much tbh. Very little is being made of it here. They'll get a slap on the wrists for it. I think the fact they got beat 3-0 and it made no difference got the result will work in their favour.
TenMenWonTheLeague
TenMenWonTheLeague
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:43 pm

Official ICTFC ‏@ICTFC 6m
GUESS WHO SCORED?! Not us. 5-0 Celtic

Official ICTFC ‏@ICTFC 7m
6-0 Celtic. Next goal's the winner?

Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:10 pm

lol!!

ICT  :bow: 
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:12 pm

Also.. Hearts beat Hibs again!

If Hearts only had to play Hibs and Aberdeen every game of the year.. They'd probably finish first. ahahhaha....ha... Sad
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:18 pm

https://vine.co/v/MvrOiBML3gK
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:24 pm

LMFAO
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:03 pm

McInnes wins manager of the year  Thumbs up 
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:07 am

Nice. How high is his potential do you think? Would he be able to manage clubs like Newcastle for example?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next