BusterLfc
McAgger
stevieg8
Art Morte
DeletedUser#1
21 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Road to Premier League Title - Page 6 Empty Re: The Road to Premier League Title

Post by stevieg8 Sat May 03, 2014 7:31 pm

*bleep* off, it's not done until it's done.

stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Road to Premier League Title - Page 6 Empty Re: The Road to Premier League Title

Post by Helmer Sat May 03, 2014 7:37 pm

stevieg8 wrote:*bleep* off, it's not done until it's done.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat May 03, 2014 7:37 pm

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat May 03, 2014 7:44 pm

Art Morte wrote:

Allen's miss against Everton, Toure's key pass at the Hawthorns and Gerrard's slip up the hat-trick of what-ifs. Was a great season and the Champions League beckons. Let's enjoy the World Cup and go again next season.

There there Art! We still have Lambert to count on!!!  Shocked Shocked Thumbs up 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat May 03, 2014 7:56 pm

ART FFS

WHAT IF MIGNOLET DIDNT SAVE THE PENALTY IN THE LAST MINUTE OF OUR FIRST GAME

ITS NOT OVER UNTIL THE FINAL WHISTLE OF THE NEWCASTLE GAME
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat May 03, 2014 7:59 pm

No, it's done all right, but I won't blame anyone for clutching at straws.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat May 03, 2014 8:02 pm

I had lesser hope than this when we were 3 goals down at Istanbul.

Fine Art.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat May 03, 2014 8:41 pm

I'm not saying I'm right as a fan to abandon all hope with games still left to play, but I feel like I'm playing stupid to myself if I try to honestly believe that Villa or West Ham can get anything from the Eithad.

In about a week's time we'll know who was right.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat May 03, 2014 8:42 pm

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun May 04, 2014 6:54 am

It certainly looks bleak. City have won the against the toughest of the remaining teams and that too away from home. Now, they have two mid-table teams at home. BUT, it's never over until it's really over. It's nothing about straws; if I could wait, hope, pray for 36 games, I should do the same for TWO more as well. I guess as a fan, it's our obligation just as it's the obligation of the players to give 100% for the remaining games.

I remember during the qualification for 1994 WC, France needed ONE point from two remaining games. They lost both and Bulgaria went on play in the semi-finals.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun May 04, 2014 10:45 am

We spent 55m on Downing and Carroll to help win us the league. Have faith ffs.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun May 04, 2014 5:36 pm

We need Atletico to lose La Liga. I have a feeling football gods only want one dark horse team winning their league in Europe not 2 or 3 or 4.

Roma have officially lost it. Dortmund failed a long time ago. It's between us and Atleti. Atleti bottling at the moment. We might see some sort of a miracle bounce

#datanalogy
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun May 04, 2014 6:16 pm

Red Alert wrote:We spent 55m on Downing and Carroll to help win us the league. Have faith ffs.

and what about those fat cheques we gave Cole every freaking week!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu May 08, 2014 10:54 pm

I'm proud of what the club has achieved this season.  

It doesn't matter what happens Saturday.
It doesn't matter what other fans say.

What Rodgers and the players have achieved this season is immense and worthy of praise.  We've seen our club move from upper-midtable mediocrity to title challengers.  We've seen the players go from being out of the race for an EL place in mid-to-late April to pushing on of the most expensively assembled squads in Premier League history to the last day of the title race.  A team most predicted would fail to make the top four can finish no lower than third...  And we've done it all by ignoring or laughing at the standard mantras of the league.  

"You can't compete in the title race by outscoring opponents." - Nonsense
"Such a thin squad cannot maintain the challenge throughout the season." - Poppycock
"Inexperienced youngsters cannot handle the pressure and will buckle quickly." - Balderdash
"Rodgers is too young, inexperienced, and tactically limited to beat the big teams." - Laughable
"A weaker side needs to play cagey, defensive football to stand a chance of beating 'better (more expensive)' sides." - Bullshit

etc
etc
etc

And we did it all while enjoying our football.  

And that, right there, is what's really upset opposing fans.  It's not the players who've donned the Liverpool kit this season.  It's not the manager on the sidelines shouting instructions.  It's not the fans in the stands and the posters on here.  It's not Carra on Sky providing analysis.  And yet, it's all of those things.  

It's watching players play a ridiculous pass or make an audacious shot with a smile... and it coming off perfectly.
It's watching that "fraud" Brenton make his fourth formation change in as many matches... and it work to a T.
It's watching fans who've spent years as the butt of the joke for these other supporters singing years-old songs and chants, shouting and smiling and laughing... and with good reason.
And it's recognizing in all of that that they cannot feel the same.  

For years, whenever something's gone wrong for their clubs, Liverpool and Liverpool supporters have been that stray dog that they could look at or kick to remind themselves that there are those in a worse state.  It's a burning indignation and jealousy seeing us, now, enjoying ourselves and our football while they must face dour football, whinging managers, and supporter infighting over players or practices.  Why should we Liverpool fans be able to celebrate and sing, cheer on expansive and cavalier football while they cannot?  Why can we post positively about the future of our club while they must face the same lingering issues?  Why us, and not them?

So they respond as they're accustomed to... kick the dog.  Drag down those who appear to be feeling better.  Ensure they are as miserable or fractious or bitter as you.  Insult, degrade, mock as much as necessary to hide our joy and distract from their lack.  

But you know what?  It doesn't bother me because I'm enjoying football.  They can't drag me down because at the end of the day, I'm happy to be a Liverpool fan and proud of what the club has achieved and how its gone about its business this year.  

So who cares about the fans who've spent more time this season complaining about LFC and LFC fans than watching their own club play?
Who cares about the posters who complain when the GS has 3 threads tangentially related to LFC on the front page, but remain silent when 7 threads exist directly related to another club?
Who cares about the supporters who, after 7 months of pundits explaining while LFC can't win the title, rant about the "love-in" following a single comment from a single pundit suggesting that hey, maybe this is possible after all?
Who cares about the fans crying "luck" and "referee bias" after every Liverpool win, despite years of them experiencing the same?
Who cares about supporters of clubs frothing over the "arrogance" of LFC fans at predicting a win, while they themselves predict with utmost confidence a 2 or 3 goal victory for their side over a club placed half a dozen positions above them in the table?

Not me.

I'm just enjoying the ride.  And honestly that response, that utter lack of concern over their complaints and remonstrations and whinging, that simple enjoyment of the game and the club I love, that's the most emphatic response of all.

In two days the season ends.  In two days Liverpool could be champions, or Liverpool could be third.  Whatever happens, this has been a hell of a season and a joy to experience.  Come June, the World Cup beings and all club football is temporarily forgotten.  Come August it's back to square one and we go again.  For now though, I'm just going to revel in the football; in the absurdity of the season, the audacity of our play, the glorious ridiculousness of the goals we've scored and the rate at which we've scored them.  For now, it's just about enjoying the game, and to hell with those who'd try to stop me.  They don't matter.  Never have, never will.  All that matters is LFC: it's players, it's manager, it's fans, and the joy that they've shared this season.

Long may it continue.

Last edited by RedOranje on Fri May 09, 2014 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri May 09, 2014 1:56 am

Redo has delivered.  :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: 
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri May 09, 2014 2:57 am

Chills. That was gorgeous.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri May 09, 2014 5:58 am

We need you back in this section RedO bounce
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri May 09, 2014 6:40 am

Brilliant RedO  :bow: :bow: 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri May 09, 2014 4:48 pm

Rodgers revolution

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/15117/9303687/liverpool8217s-brendan-rodgers-should-be-considered-a-managerial-genius-whatever-happens-on-sunday
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun May 11, 2014 10:11 pm

RedO Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:28 pm

This thread shows who are men, and who are boys.

Some of the comments of the usual suspects who said we'll finish 5th when I created this thread last year Laughing

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:56 pm

What a wonderful thread. Brings back some feels ffs.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:08 pm

Sad
I just felt f**** proud to be fan today, once again Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:22 am

Mad Thought it's a new thread for this season Sad
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:44 am

Man honestly...what a thread.

The best in history of GL LFC section.

those check-marks Proud

my best 3 months as a LFC fan ever......

And thta's why I give BR so much leeway. I totally remember wh yI became a LFC supporter.
re
Michael Owen scord a wonder goal vs. Argentina and I searched him up and realized he plays for a club who used to be very good but hasn't won the league in almost a decade. Thought I start supporting them, because once we finally win the title, it'll be the most special feeling in the world.

No season, ever, brought me closer to my dream (that made me support LFC at the first place) than last season, and in such an emphatic manner. It was brendan Rodgers...Luis Suarez, Daniel Sturridge, etc who did it. That's why those guys will never get a bad word from me. Those people almost gave me my life-time dream...and I'm sure they'll deliver again.

Forza Rodgers
Forza Suarez
Forza Sturridge
Forza Sterling
Forza Gerrard

Forza Liverpool !! ....making me teat up just thinking about the ride last season.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:29 am

Don't call me James wrote:
The Road to Premier League Title - Page 6 Michelle-jenneke-dancing
James Very Happy Smile Surprised Laughing Razz Wink pirat bounce cheers drunken Thumbs up :bow: drinking banana eco smile Heart rofl :wub: Chaka Proud Molenation
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next