guest7
Seppuku
teamanarchy
Mr Nick09
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

should we...

Should we take a chance on Gago? - Page 2 Vote_lcap43%Should we take a chance on Gago? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 13 ]
Should we take a chance on Gago? - Page 2 Vote_lcap57%Should we take a chance on Gago? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 57% 
[ 17 ]

Total Votes : 30

Should we take a chance on Gago? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should we take a chance on Gago?

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:08 pm

Lol no.
If we dont want to bring up media manipulation why did "we" always write off lass in thr past? Of course now lass is as good as gone but thats besides the point.

FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Should we take a chance on Gago? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should we take a chance on Gago?

Post by The Madrid One Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:55 pm

i dont think we should bring what he supposedly said in the media into the discussion. i right now dont see a real reason to why let him go, he can be a good rotation player, hes better of a player than lass.

KEEP HIM.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Error Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:02 pm

I have always thought we should hold on him and give him more chances since he is not a bad player (like many says him to be) and has suffered from constant tactical changes and manager swapping. We might now have only good to get decent sum off him after these couple good games in Copa. So, if right offer comes then I think we should let him go. We need to reduce the squad size anyway so some sacrifices needs to be done. IMO, he could be a better and more useful player than Khedira but there is no chance that we sell him rather than Gago.
Error
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:08 pm

khedira isnt even an option to sell. id keep gago and see how it goes.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:17 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Gago is still looking talented, despite being injured all the time. He has a different skillset from what we already have in the squad, and he is a quality passer.

With lass gone, and altintop out, is it a mistake to let him go?

should we take a chance on him?

our 4 man midfield would be Alonso/Sahin/Gago/Khedira

:coffee:

ps: dont bring the controversy about what he supposedly said, it was media manipulation yet again.

Nick, he may fit in with Lass going (as a 5th MF) but I don't agree with a couple of your statements. I don't consider him a quality passer and you've conveniently left out Granero. I would take Granero any day over Gago.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:24 am

We will agree to disagree here, Gago is a very good passer, and he can do the one touch passing very well. I remember at the start of last season, i was hoping for Gago to come back and pair up with Xabi, because i know he is can be a great passing outlet. His time with Xabi under pelle was among my favorite of that season, specially against villarreal.

He is better than Granero as well, i have little doubt about it. He already knows his role and position, while Granero is starting to learn what it is he has to do. Even yesterday it was apparent, when Xabi got on the pitch, he commanded the ball a lot more. Im not comparing the players ofc, but Gago is way more advanced.

He has been announced as leaving all along, so he might end up leaving. I do not know if his performances in the copa will have great effect about him staying. I'm not even sure what kind of relationship he has with Mourinho, but it wouldnt hurt us to retain him. It makes Altintop even more of a cannon fodder, but as long as mourinho wants to have people in the stands, that's on him.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:39 am

if mou wants guys in the stands, gago is maybe the best in the buisness.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:43 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:We will agree to disagree here, Gago is a very good passer, and he can do the one touch passing very well. I remember at the start of last season, i was hoping for Gago to come back and pair up with Xabi, because i know he is can be a great passing outlet. His time with Xabi under pelle was among my favorite of that season, specially against villarreal.

He is better than Granero as well, i have little doubt about it. He already knows his role and position, while Granero is starting to learn what it is he has to do. Even yesterday it was apparent, when Xabi got on the pitch, he commanded the ball a lot more. Im not comparing the players ofc, but Gago is way more advanced.

He has been announced as leaving all along, so he might end up leaving. I do not know if his performances in the copa will have great effect about him staying. I'm not even sure what kind of relationship he has with Mourinho, but it wouldnt hurt us to retain him. It makes Altintop even more of a cannon fodder, but as long as mourinho wants to have people in the stands, that's on him.

I must have missed the games were you say Gago was a decent passer. All I can remember is erratic passes from him. Nothing organized at all, just blind passes mostly to the opposition. Granero has a lot more potential in my mind. I also think you are under estimating Altintop. We didn't get him just to set him on bench. He is back-up for sure but he does have a good work rate, can play multiple positions and does a job (offensive or defensive) when asked. I had forgotten about Gago's statements in Argentina. Thinking this over, I think he joins the squad now in Madrid while the other two go to join team in America. Now that both Argentina and Brasil are out of Copa, maybe we can get our remaining deals settled quickly. As to your survey, I say get him out of here!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:51 am

wow, im surprised you underrate his passing so much. If there is one thing Gago relies on, it's his passing, and he had the chance to display it during la copa. I love passers so i have a bit of a soft spot for him.

Granero has potential, but he has too much to learn as far as im concerned. He is timid, and reserved in his play, not assertive and commanding like a playmaking CM should be. It's gonna come, but now is too early. He is still a way removed to reach the best of gago. I know he pissed us off in various ways, but let's not discount what he does well, yes?

I didnt use to pay any attention to altintop before, because he was average, but i do think he is coming to fill the numbers, and bring that bit experience and calmness when called upon. He doesnt fill the profile to compete with any of our starters, and even best rotation guys. We are still very much in the dark regarding what he can really do on the pitch.

Last edited by St_Nick09_of_Goal on Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:54 am

He's also a great tackler and hes the kind of player that doesnt dissappear in games
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:01 am

Yeah, he doesn't disappear in games.

He disappears in seasons.
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:05 am

Seppuku wrote:Yeah, he doesn't disappear in games.

OMG owieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:14 am

Seppuku wrote:Yeah, he doesn't disappear in games.

LOL

Touche
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2