The Franchise
futbol
Beautiful Football
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Time to sell Pique Empty Time to sell Pique

Post by Beautiful Football Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:51 pm

He is more of a PR for Barcelona than a proper defender. He plays 1 good games and next 5 he looks like segunda division player.He has attitude problem and thinks he has nothing to learn and mastered his game.

We are going nowhere with pique.he is not a leader, despite playing long time for us.He is too busy with shakira and posting picture in social media.

And finally i don't think he will improve, he is not that kind of guy. He doesn't learn from his mistake and doesn't look for future improvement.

It has been three years. He got his chance.Time to move on.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Time to sell Pique Empty Re: Time to sell Pique

Post by futbol Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:35 pm

Pep knew this years ago. They didn't allow him to sell Pique so he went to Bayern and will continue to dominate Europe there.

Agent Francois Gallardo has revealed Pep Guardiola wanted to clearout his Barcelona squad last summer.

If he had stayed, says Gallardo, Guardiola wanted former Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas, Gerard Pique, David Villa and Dani Alves all sold.

"Guardiola announced his terms of renewal to Rosell. Among them was the sale of four players - Alves, Pique, Cesc and David Villa."

Why would he make this up?

Last edited by Fußball on Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:37 pm

TBH, Who is going to buy him?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:50 pm

The Franchise wrote:TBH, Who is going to buy him?

That's actually good question.Maybe Monaco hmm  Well there is always AC Milan.  Wink 

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:53 pm

Fußball wrote:Pep knew this years ago. They didn't allow him to sell Pique so he went to Bayern and will continue to dominate Europe there.

Agent Francois Gallardo has revealed Pep Guardiola wanted to clearout his Barcelona squad last summer.

If he had stayed, says Gallardo, Guardiola wanted former Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas, Gerard Pique, David Villa and Dani Alves all sold.

"Guardiola announced his terms of renewal to Rosell. Among them was the sale of four players - Alves, Pique, Cesc and David Villa."

He's a football agent and a parasite who offers nothing to the game at all.

Why would you trust the word of such a person?

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:54 pm

Who is this agent though? What standing does he have that makes him credible to the thoughts of Pep? Pep is out just telling "anyone" who he wants to sell?

I could believe Pique and Villa for different reasons...maybe Dani Alves...but Cesc? Pep seemed very happy to have him.

Last edited by The Franchise on Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:56 pm

Beautiful Football wrote:
The Franchise wrote:TBH, Who is going to buy him?

That's actually good question.Maybe Monaco hmm  Well there is always AC Milan.  Wink 

Monaco have better defenders, 46 year old Carvalho being one.

Milan have Rami and Mexes, plus would pay in 22 instalments.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:02 pm

Come on at this thread.... I keeping saying, overreaction as usual. A few gg and hes great, a few bad ones and sell him  Laughing 
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:04 pm

Noone said he is great. People have questioned him for 3 years. I dunno where you been.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:06 pm

Ok Pep wanted to sell pique or not we really need to offload this guy, otherwise we will stuck with him for foreseeable future, consequence our defense will remain shit, doesn't matter who we will buy. Pique will not respect his new partner, only guy who could make pique concentrate was Puyol. There is not another Puyol in this world.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:12 pm

Well he still is marketable, which people would want and his connection with Shakira would help him as well. Being Barcelona player will also help I'm sure, but I wouldn't sell him tbh, at least not yet.

Pep wanted Alves, Pique, Cesc out because they partied too much and were losing focus (at least what I heard). I heard mixed things about Cesc arrival as well some said Pep actually didn't want him, but the board did since many players wanted him back and the fans. I'm not too sure about this, but I heard at his presentation he snubbed a hand sake with Pep(?), hence he went with it, but I assume he found out that Thiago was the heir of Xvi and not Cesc as well as Rafinha being the heir of Iniesta.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:13 pm

The Franchise wrote:but Cesc? Pep seemed very happy to have him.

The story is that Cesc wasn't Pep's idea. He was Tito's idea and Pep valued Tito's opinion (Tito was also youth coach of Cesc) so they bought him. After 1 season Pep probably realized quickly that Thiago will be the better fit and there will be problems giving both of them playing time so he wanted to get rid like he got rid of Ibra after 1 season after he realized he doesn't fit.

Obviously there is no evidence. It's rumours. But I believe them. Because it makes sense. Look how highly Pep rates Thiago. Plays every game at Bayern. And then look at the minutes Tito gave Cesc last season while underutilizing Thiago.

Villa was finished. Pep saw that quickly. Even before he broke his leg Pep used Alexis in the Bernabeu Clasico and left Villa on the bench although Villa was a fixed starter the season before.

Pique. Well, obvious why. Laughing

Alves probably because of his lax, "let's party" attitude. Remember how mad Pep was with that Alves dance right after losing the CL and La Liga towards the end of the season? Pep said "it won't happen again". Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:16 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Come on at this thread.... I keeping saying, overreaction as usual. A few gg and hes great, a few bad ones and sell him  Laughing 

We were complaining about Pique for long time. You should read this forum more. Plus he did't improve at all since 2011 .Doesn't seems to be professional enough to play high level football for long time.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:44 pm

Selling the only good Center Back we have! #Smart

He should and will stay so forget about it!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:47 pm

Knee jerk much? He's still useful when paired properly. Also, you sell him we have to bring in 3 new CBs next season, our defense will be amazing with those all-new CB pairings Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:58 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Knee jerk much? He's still useful when paired properly. Also, you sell him we have to bring in 3 new CBs next season, our defense will be amazing with those all-new CB pairings Laughing

The way Pique is playing and overall our other defenders, i don't think its possible to play worst than that(even if we buy 3 new defenders). I mean we normally have lots of possession yet, when a good and hard working team play against us our defender look shit.Individual quality of our defenders are really low at this moment.

I mean Pique cannot even win a header against a midget, he gets easily out Paced by shit player. Gets turn inside and out side like a armature. I know lots of Barcelona fans are happy because of ManC game. Just wait for next Quarter final of CL and El Clasico we will get hammered.

Messi, Xavi and iniesta cannot save us forever.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:19 pm

It is going to be all over 2013 only diffidence we won league last season thanks to Messi's amazing form.

For Example if we had Alves-T.silva-Mehdi Benatia/Barta-Adriano/alba we would become immediate favorite for CL and La Liga.

Our midfield is not that bad, problem is we got shit defender so we can't take risk.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:21 pm

Fußball wrote:Pep knew this years ago. They didn't allow him to sell Pique so he went to Bayern and will continue to dominate Europe there.

That's exactly what Valencia did, now look at them.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:32 pm

Valencia fired Emery, who got them 4th place consistently, for God knows what reasons and they keep losing their best players without replacing them. If Pep sold Pique we would have replaced him for sure. I actually believe we would have gotten T. Silva from Milan before he went to PSG. The rumours were there that Pep wanted him and he would have pushed for him for sure. Apparently we asked for Silva when he was at Milan but didn't push hard enough. Something we would have done with the Great Pep.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:45 pm

Say if Pique is sold, who do you guys (realistically) want in his stead?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:47 pm

idk about who I want realistically because i can't see us persuading Thiago Silva from PSG or rival Varane.

but who will most likely come is David Luiz who i do not see as a massive improvement from Pique.
Selling Pique now would be dumb, we'd be left with one true defender and a 36 year old Puyol.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:48 pm

Fußball wrote:
The Franchise wrote:but Cesc? Pep seemed very happy to have him.

The story is that Cesc wasn't Pep's idea. He was Tito's idea and Pep valued Tito's opinion (Tito was also youth coach of Cesc) so they bought him. After 1 season Pep probably realized quickly that Thiago will be the better fit and there will be problems giving both of them playing time so he wanted to get rid like he got rid of Ibra after 1 season after he realized he doesn't fit.

Obviously there is no evidence. It's rumours. But I believe them. Because it makes sense. Look how highly Pep rates Thiago. Plays every game at Bayern. And then look at the minutes Tito gave Cesc last season while underutilizing Thiago.

Villa was finished. Pep saw that quickly. Even before he broke his leg Pep used Alexis in the Bernabeu Clasico and left Villa on the bench although Villa was a fixed starter the season before.

Pique. Well, obvious why. Laughing

Alves probably because of his lax, "let's party" attitude. Remember how mad Pep was with that Alves dance right after losing the CL and La Liga towards the end of the season? Pep said "it won't happen again". Laughing

Maybe...I dont know. Pep I remember distinctly saying "we want him, but its up to Arsenal yada yada" obviously, that could be him just towing the company line but I cant say. I find it hard to believe anyone would go against Pep's opinion like that..one player, maybe..but 4 players he named and all were ignored. I question that.

Your suspicions are justified, I would say that.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:51 pm

OP cant correct me if im wrong, but I dont think the point of this thread is about who will replace him or how can we sign so many CB's in one summer (though I seen happen before) or the ability (or lack there of) to sign players...its simply a statement because many people (myself) included say we need to replace Puyol totally and Mascherano needs selling...but Pique its never really said. Its always, get him competition or a partner.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:53 pm

The Franchise wrote:OP cant correct me if im wrong, but I dont think the point of this thread is about who will replace him or how can we sign so many CB's in one summer (though I seen happen before) or the ability (or lack there of) to sign players...its simply a statement because many people (myself) included say we need to replace Puyol totally and Mascherano needs selling...but Pique its never really said. Its always, get him competition or a partner.

Dani pls

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Regardless, if he bosses vs Madrid and Atletico but then flops against Sevilla and Valencia we can't call him elite either (even if segunda player is a ridiculous hyperbole). His inconsistency is an attitude problem and it has been a part of his game for the past 3 years. I wouldn't mind if we got 2 WC Cbs instead of just one this summer.

Anyways, it is because Pique is a youth product, is a winner of every trophy and wants to be the future president. No one says he should be sold because it's just incredibly unlikely that it would be even considered.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:58 pm

Beautiful Football wrote:It is going to be all over 2013 only diffidence we won league last season thanks to Messi's amazing form.

For Example if we had Alves-T.silva-Mehdi Benatia/Barta-Adriano/alba we would become immediate favorite for CL and La Liga.

Our midfield is not that bad, problem is we got shit defender so we can't take risk.

No you wouldn't because both LB options are nowhere near good enough defensively to be considered immediate favourites for any sort of trophy.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next