Summer of 2014

Page 6 of 43 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24 ... 43  Next

Go down

Re: Summer of 2014

Post by Red Alert on Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:49 am

I don't think you understood my point / pov.

We waited a YEAR to get rid of Reina for ONE AND A HALF million pounds. That's nothing. We could of got rid of him LAST SUMMER on a permanent deal instead of waiting a year to loan him out for a 1.5m inflow; which is pretty much nothing. I think my opinion on Reina is well known in this section, but he's worth a lot more than that.

In regards to Agger/Skrtel, we'll pretty much accept any offer that comes our way and let them go below their initial market value too.

We rush into getting rid of players, and are reluctant to let them go for a low fee, and then we overspend to get the replacement / player we want in.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:22 pm

How could we have sold Reina permanently last summer? I don't remember any such speculation.
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer on Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:27 pm

He just means that we should have sold Reina in the last summer for 4.1m itself :bow:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Don't call me James on Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:05 pm

What's gone is gone, let's not dwell on how much money we could've sold him by, just get rid of him this summer and forget about.

Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho on Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:29 pm

I'm more interested in the potential $60m kitty that is supposedly being given to Liverpool this summer (I'm assuming it doesn't factor in potential sales) than Reina to be honest. Combine that and the promise of 'next level signings by Brendan Rodgers if we reach a CL spot (which almost seems like a formality at this point) and this summer could be very, very exciting for Liverpool.

I think that people expecting 2 - 4 signings this summer (of significance) are right. We have a ton of guys coming back from loan, and young players in the system. This leads me to believe that we may see a big, big money signing this summer. I think that we sign a world-class player this year...I just wonder what position it will be at (I'd guess midfield).

Supporting: Liverpool - Netherlands
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame on Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:31 pm

@Red Alert wrote:I don't think you understood my point / pov.

We waited a YEAR to get rid of Reina for ONE AND A HALF million pounds. That's nothing. We could of got rid of him LAST SUMMER on a permanent deal instead of waiting a year to loan him out for a 1.5m inflow; which is pretty much nothing. I think my opinion on Reina is well known in this section, but he's worth a lot more than that.

In regards to Agger/Skrtel, we'll pretty much accept any offer that comes our way and let them go below their initial market value too.

We rush into getting rid of players, and are reluctant to let them go for a low fee, and then we overspend to get the replacement / player we want in.

No we couldnt because no one wanted to buy outright last season even for 5 mil.Thats why went on loan

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert on Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:57 am

We FORCED him out on loan in JULY. How do you know no one wanted to buy him outright? We didn't give anyone a chance.

We signed Mignolet, and RIGHT AFTER without telling Reina sent him packing to Italy.

Napoli were prepared to sign Julio Cesar from QPR.

Why didn't we just sell him last summer?

Red is the colour of extremes. It's the color of passionate love, seduction, violence, danger, anger, and adventure. The colour red is the color of energy, passion and action. This colour is a warm and positive color associated with our most physical needs and our will to survive.Red represents power and courage. The colour red is the basis of the traditional red power tie or red suit in the business, and the red carpet for celebrities and VIPs. Red's association with courage and bravery makes it a colour that is used often in national flags, on shields, and in achievement patches. Liverpool. Is. Red.
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:28 am

Because I really don't think anyone were willing to buy him permanently last summer. Not even Napoli if the loan deal we were able to strike with them includes us paying half of his wages.
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho on Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:15 pm

The more I see of Real Madrid, and the more I read from their fans the more I start to hope that the Isco summer transfer to Liverpool could be a very real possibility.

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer on Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:26 pm

wont be he too costly...considering he is still Young and didnt have a consistent and proven season at the highest Level hmm i mean no value in that buy unless he is available for cheap

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:15 pm

Madrid need him for depth and just bought him, I don't think they'll sell him in the summer.
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho on Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:47 pm

I dunno, I think the most value you get out of buys is from young players that are yet to peak. When you are paying big bucks for established superstars you are buying them on the decline anyway for the most part.

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc on Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:56 pm

Nope we aren't getting isco
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:44 pm

Isco would go for 30+

RM just spent high to get him in, and he's sort of stagnated this season due to a lack of appearances. Would much rather go for a player in the same tier potential wise but is currently a little bit more 'ready' ala Eriksen, Kroos, Reus etc.

--------

Suso wants to stay.

http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-spanish-star-i-want-be-back-liverpool-14031383380

Red is the colour of extremes. It's the color of passionate love, seduction, violence, danger, anger, and adventure. The colour red is the color of energy, passion and action. This colour is a warm and positive color associated with our most physical needs and our will to survive.Red represents power and courage. The colour red is the basis of the traditional red power tie or red suit in the business, and the red carpet for celebrities and VIPs. Red's association with courage and bravery makes it a colour that is used often in national flags, on shields, and in achievement patches. Liverpool. Is. Red.
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:46 pm

@Red Alert wrote:Isco would go for 30+

RM just spent high to get him in, and he's sort of stagnated this season due to a lack of appearances. Would much rather go for a player in the same tier potential wise but is currently a little bit more 'ready' ala Eriksen, Kroos, Reus etc.

--------

Suso wants to stay.

http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-spanish-star-i-want-be-back-liverpool-14031383380

Reus is my dream signing but AFAIK I don't think that he's going to be leaving Dortmund any time soon (from speaking with fans about other sales), but I could be wrong.

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Don't call me James on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:39 pm

Take a minute guys and think of how many world class players we've ever signed in our history.

And I mean world class at the time of us signing them not world class after we nurtured them.

You could make a case for Kenny, and that's it. Digger was signed in the prime of his career from Watford, but he wasn't really viewed as world class at Watford. Kenny is your only answer.

Not Keegan, not Souness, not Hansen, not Rush, not Barnes, not Hyypia, not Torres, not Alonso, not Suarez, not Sturridge.

My point is, we don't sign world class. We are not that club. We've never done it and we'll probably never will. Reus, Muller and Kroos are world class. they are pipe dream that won't happen  as much as we all know know they will be a perfect match. If it ever happens obviously I'll be as happy as any Liverpudlian.

We do however sign players that are on the verge of being world class as all those mentioned and probably more that I forgot as examples, and we just help them reach that level. Isco, Conner Planker, Griezmann, Pjanic, Mikey Ryan sure they are all a possibility for us.

Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho on Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:12 pm

I agree. I think there's the off chance that Rodgers aims to 'break the bank' so to speak this summer and make a real impact signing because of the budget and to reward the Liverpool faithful, but at the same time I don't know if that really fits into his style either. He really seems like a firm believer in building from within and pushing youth.

I definitely agree that we are more likely to sign players like Griezmann, Konoplyanka, etc. than we are to sign guys like Kroos, Reus etc. Although truth be told 99% of the time the truly world class players are already on big clubs and not available to be bought. I think that a player like Isco is a bit iffy because of his hefty reputation and the perception around him...he would almost cost as much as someone who is proven world class, without having actually gotten there yet (mind you, I still think he'll get there and be worth the investment).

At least I think most people here have agreed that our most pressing 'needs' are a fullback, a midfielder (preferably more defensively inclined) and an attacker. If you have 60+ mil to spend on that (depending on sales) you can really make Liverpool into a European threat IMO.

$10-15ish on a fullback (Rodriguez, Coentrao, Moreno, Richards, etc.)
$25-30ish on a midfielder (Bender, Gundogan, Witsel, Rakitic, Strootman, etc.)
$15-25ish on an attacker (Lacazette, Griezmann, Konoplyanka, Mandzukic, Shaarawy, etc.)

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho on Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:46 am

Also I'm a little bit nervous about this summer. If Suarez continues the way he has and Barcelona (they've been talking about making big moves) or Madrid (much less likely IMO) come in with a huge offer does he stay? It would be really bad to lose him if we want to be a serious threat in the CL and to the title, I think.

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame on Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:24 am

If we finish in the CL spots we wont sell Suarez .Thats 100% certain doesnt matter Barca or Real whoever bids.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert on Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:48 am

Gah, I feel like RedO but what the hell.

Keep this thread for rumours/actual news please.

Use the 'Ideal team' thread to discuss who you'd personally like to sign.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred on Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:30 pm

@BeautifulGame wrote:If we finish in the CL spots we wont sell Suarez .Thats 100% certain doesnt matter Barca or Real whoever bids.
I don't think this is necessarily true.

If we receive a ridiculous offer from a foreign club and Suarez wants to go, then he could well be sold. Assuming we have CL (competition and money), attracting a quality ST/FW won't be an issue, and we wouldn't have to worry about him competing directly against us in the PL. Selling him to a PL rival is a big issue for me, as I tend to view the league as more of a zero-sum-game than other competitions, such as CL.

With that said, I'm not convinced that Suarez would want to go in that situation. He appears to be truly happy with the style of play, coaching, teammates, culture of the club, etc. at LFC, right now. His goal is (and always has been) to play football at the highest level possible. If Liverpool can offer him that (i.e. challenge for PL, CL, etc.), then I don't think he would push for a change of scenery without some other provocation. Barring a debacle such as the Ivanovic incident or the forfeiture of our current CL slot, I think he's settled and content with the direction of the club and the support he's received.

donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:18 pm

With that said, I'm not convinced that Suarez would want to go in that situation.
What was/is bugging Suarez is the lack of competing at the highest (CL & Title) level. If that is addressed, We only have to deal with a handful clubs who view him as 'conquest'.
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert on Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:23 am

Shaqiri's brother and agent:" If clubs like Liverpool, ManU or Inter declare interest, we'll listen to what they have to say"

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer on Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:47 am

Shaqiri has many things to be a very very good Player. probably even WC...he is just not able to come through his potential at Bayern because of class of Ribery, Robben, Müller....and I think if they get a good offer, Shaqiri would surely like to come to a Club like us

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:23 am

I don't think Bayern will sell Shaqiri, he is still getting a decent number of games and Ribery and Robben are both in their 30's now.
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by S on Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:26 am

But they are also keen on signing Draxler.
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 43 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24 ... 43  Next