Robespierre
rwo power
Kick
13 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Formula 1 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Formula 1 2014

Post by Kick Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:32 am

Many people do, mostly because I live in Australia too.

There was a lot of overtaking in the early stages tbf.

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:01 am

It was an 8am start for me... which proved to be too early.

Read through the BBC's live text and I got the impression most of the interesting action came through retirements. No massive gaps, though, which is good, and nice to see the "half Finn" Nico finish top.

The interesting thing for me was that Ricciardo finished 2nd. An indication that he could challenge Vettel better than Webber (sry Australians)?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:09 am

unfortunately Domenicali is an incompetent... This time, once again,  we will be needed especially the skill of the pilots. last year we had the weakness Massa, this year there are more hopes because there is  GOATkkonen the last Ferrarista winner together to Alonso
I am Italian and so I am a (tipied) Ferrari fan  ... anyway this year there is Raikkonen and so I will amplify my support ... not only for  that historical victory in 2007 but I 've always admired for his glacial character ..
Just leave me alone, I know what I'm doing Laughing:bow:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:32 am

Proud
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:44 am

Ricciardo banned. Lost the 2nd place so.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:53 am

Kevin Magnussen, second place in his first race though Proud
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:44 pm

What is this? Why was Ricciardo banned?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:46 pm

Btw I hate this fuel efficiency racing.
It's bad for the sport. Discuss.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:07 pm

Pointless.

Just let them pour up as much as they want to and race the shit out of those cars.Manage fuel,manage tyres,manage engine parts,when do they race FFS.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:13 pm

El Gunner wrote:Btw I hate this fuel efficiency racing.
It's bad for the sport. Discuss.

Yeah, it really, really doesn't feel right that Formula 1 cars should be concerned about fuel consumption. (That's why Ricciardo was disqualified, too, if someone didn't know it already). Such a joke, it's supposed to be the ultimate racing car competition on the planet but then you've got to be saving fuel? It was bad enough when you had to drive slowly to save the tires.

Might as well switch the whole thing to Who Leaves the Smallest Ecological Footprint -series.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:50 pm

Vibe wrote:
Kick wrote:great first race. It had a bit of everything, it's a shame that the only thing missing was competition at the front.

Kudos to Nico for getting the win, he deserved it.

Not even a word for Dan?

The race was a bit boring to be honest...

cmon Vibe... i know you well by now  Very Happy  Its because Ferrari didnt have a car to compete.

i am baffled ... cuz ferrari by now has their new windtunnel, fully calibrated, great staffs, the biggest resources available in f1.. and still they arent competitive...

anyway it was great great win.. absolutely fun, gutted for Lewis truly gutted, but I m super happy Nico had a commanding race, and would love to see another 1-2 Mercedes in Malaysia.

K Mag .. is genius... that kid is something special... and very very polite and humble... im already liking the guy

williams looks very good indeed. if not for hitting in the wall, bottas could have been in podium

Daniel Riccardo was unbelievably good and calm.. too bad he was disqualified as FIA found inregularities with their fuel consumption ...

'...n a verdict delivered five hours after the end of the race and just before midnight in Melbourne, stewards disqualified the 24-year-old Australian after ruling that his RB10 had 'consistently exceeded the maximum fuel flow of 100kg per hour'.

Red Bull, however, immediately confirmed they would contest the result and had notified the FIA of their intention to appeal "with immediate effect".

Australian GP - Race in 60 Seconds

"Inconsistencies with the FIA fuel flow meter have been prevalent all weekend up and down the pit lane," a statement from the World Champions read.

"The Team and Renault are confident the fuel supplied to the engine is in full compliance with the regulations."

According to Sky Sports News' Rachel Brookes, "Red Bull were warned during the race that the fuel flow was too high and were given the opportunity to reduce the fuel flow to within the limit. They chose not to. Christian Horner told me they took that decision because they believed their own readings were correct."

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/report/24239/9216794/red-bulls-daniel-ricciardo-disqualified-from-the-results-of-the-australian-gp

Danni Kyvvat was great...

it was the youngsters who gave hard times to the experienced drivers...

i cant wait for next race!! cmon!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:52 pm

El Gunner wrote:What is this? Why was Ricciardo banned?

fuel consumption breach... seems FIA had warned during the race to lower their fuel consumption and they didnt listen to and Red bull was doing their own reading.

FIA has full details of all teams data because everyone uses same data scrutineering MCU or whatever they call it.. designed by Mclaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:53 pm

Vibe wrote:Pointless.

Just let them pour up as much as they want to and race the shit out of those cars.Manage fuel,manage tyres,manage engine parts,when do they race FFS.

i would have wanted the same..

if that was the case... Mercedes would have even walked away.. with massive gap.

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:57 pm

Kevin Magnussen is already the second biggest Danish racer of all time Laughing After Tom Kristensen
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:45 pm

Disappointed by Ferrari. At the moment Mercedes looks like they've got the best package.

Still a long way to go, and surely Ferrari has got to progress and fight it out for the title (both drivers and constructors) this year. We are Ferrari. The grandest team in Formula One ffs. We need to improve.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:02 pm

Kevin Magnussen's father after his son's podium (also a Danish racing legend)

Formula 1 2014 - Page 2 534410_1477057662509953_1023253173_n
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:04 pm

Freeza wrote:Kevin Magnussen is already the second biggest Danish racer of all time :lol:After Tom Kristensen

he is my favorite rookie atm... absolutely stunning drive yesterday... like experienced driver... he didnt even have had chance of proper testing prior to this season... as like third driver.

and because of riccardo's DQ, now Mclaren leads constructors championship with healthy lead.

seems like Mclaren takes damn serious when Ron Dennis is around paddock lol.

anyway thats a joke but nevertheless... i m happy for Jenson too, because its super sad that we are not seeing his father John button (who passed away recently) who have been at every race of Jenson's F1 career except one. he was such a happy man!!! miss him

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:06 pm

Freeza wrote:Kevin Magnussen's father after his son's podium (also a Danish racing legend)

Formula 1 2014 - Page 2 534410_1477057662509953_1023253173_n

absolutely delighted...

and also, have high hopes for marcus erricson. he was mercedes young test driver too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:17 pm

El Gunner wrote:Disappointed by Ferrari. At the moment Mercedes looks like they've got the best package.

Still a long way to go, and surely Ferrari has got to progress and fight it out for the title (both drivers and constructors) this year. We are Ferrari. The grandest team in Formula One ffs. We need to improve.

its actually quite shocking because I actually thought Ferrari would be better prepared for Turbo area.

First Ferari were the team who MOST were advocating for Turbo engine than any other engine manufacturer.

secondly... montezemolo was complaining all the time, that F1 was too aerodynamically dominating and not by mechanical engineering insisting " we build cars, not planes" but sorry mr montezemolo but its what the technology is and when ferrari were dominating they had the luxury of state of art facilities, free testing in which they would test 24/7 in their own private track, and tailored bridgestone tires not to mention some biggest brains in the paddock.

ferrari have new windtunnel fully calibrated, and they even got biggest talents swooped from Lotus (james allisson and dirk de beer (senior aerodynamicist) lured from lotus)

for engine they had like 4 years of preparation ...

they even got rory bryne out of retirement, who is considered the best designer alongside adrian newey

i felt incredibly sorry when Aldo Costa was solely considered a scapegoat for Ferrari's poor start of the season and they fired him!!!! thank god for that, now Aldo is ours (mercedes)and ever since he joined, with other few talents, we are doing great!

so there are lot of politics going on in ferrari camp.... i dont know to say this, im not engineer nor i see how they work ,but as F1 fan ... my feeling is that, they are so much in pressure, they are too much stressing out i dont think the camp in Ferrari is like everyone is working in peace and harmony...
it seems everyone is in the pressure of getting it so right, they are doing it quite the opposite.

montezemolo just needs to back off a bit and give them peace..

thats why i like Ron Dennis, what he said this winter...
(http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/03/ron-dennis-breaks-his-silence-we-will-win-again-soon/)

very calm, very supportive but very straightforward....

I like that statement...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:19 pm

btw guys just the first race.. there will be lot of changes for sure!! 19 races ... we just got over 1 race...

i wont be surprised if some teams who did bad will come out top in next race or by europe!!

because for this era , since everybody are starting with scratch, there are lot of potential to develop the car... and the rate would be high.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:21 pm

really gutted for Riccardo, all the hard work done by him, gone!
should red bull fans be pissed with FIA??? hell no..

FIA warned red bull, and red bull thought they were right!! if they were warned multiple times and choose to ignore!! their mistake!!

not so clever now Horner are you?? lol

i feel sorry for riccardo because had they listened, riccardo still would have had chance to finish third and come out with handful of points...

its red bull who deprived riccardo and themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:26 pm

For some reason I wonder if they didn't shoot themselves into the leg with the Abu Dhabi double points. After all, wasn't this somewhat contrived to mayhap leapfrog Seb Vettel to hinder him win a 5th WDC? Now it looks as if Red Bull will likely have severe start problems again, and if they finally find their stride again towards the end, they could have the afvantage of the double points...

As for today's race? Kudos to Kevin Magnusson! I love a good underdog story, and him getting 2nd place is just fantastic! And Nico Rosberg winning the race is a nice thing, too.

Pity that Kimi had so many problems (and Seb, too).
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:47 pm

rwo power wrote:For some reason I wonder if they didn't shoot themselves into the leg with the Abu Dhabi double points. After all, wasn't this somewhat contrived to mayhap leapfrog Seb Vettel to hinder him win a 5th WDC? Now it looks as if Red Bull will likely have severe start problems again, and if they finally find their stride again towards the end, they could have the afvantage of the double points...

As for today's race? Kudos to Kevin Magnusson! I love a good underdog story, and him getting 2nd place is just fantastic! And Nico Rosberg winning the race is a nice thing, too.

no not necessarily.. its bernie eccelstone's idea of having double points to spice things up, which not just red bull but mercedes ferrari mclaren and all other teams vetoed.. but for some reason it was accepted.. which sucks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:49 pm

rwo power wrote:For some reason I wonder if they didn't shoot themselves into the leg with the Abu Dhabi double points. After all, wasn't this somewhat contrived to mayhap leapfrog Seb Vettel to hinder him win a 5th WDC? Now it looks as if Red Bull will likely have severe start problems again, and if they finally find their stride again towards the end, they could have the afvantage of the double points...

yep im super happy for nico cuz i have been waiting for a long time ... long long time because nico never ever had privilege of driving race winnning car in his f1 career up into this point.

kevin magnusson is a really humble kid and i already liked him but what made me even happier was that mature calm drive!! he looks a hell of a potential.

kimi situation doesnt surprise because, kimi had driveability issues in bahrain test, and he was not happy with braking too. he had similar issues at lotus, so once it gets sorted he should be back in the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:51 pm

i always tend to follow ted's notebook, some insightful info on his post race analysis.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:53 pm

i am still gutted for lewis. im nico fan but im really rooting for lewis too, cuz im not like biased fan where i just support one driver.

i think both nico, and lewis are equally talented.. and i hear a lot from outside that nico is not a good driver and lewis gets more credit.

but for me, both are equally talented, both are equally respectful and they will thrive in this team.. for sure! so i m hoping 1-2 finish...

whom do i want to win??? ... driver who does the best throughout the weekend..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next