windkick
free_cat
bazinga
futbol
Winter is Coming
35 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Marc-André ter Stegen: The Young German - Page 6 Empty Re: Marc-André ter Stegen: The Young German

Post by rwo power Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:17 pm

The Franchise wrote:I dont know anything about the first two.
Lars Unnerstall left Schalke to get the number 1 spot in Düsseldorf as he didn't get past Ralf Fährmann, just to end at the bench again (behind Michael Rensing), while Fabian Giefer joined Schalke from Düsseldorf as he thought he could get past Ralf Fährmann (who happened to be really great last season, btw). Unfortunately, Giefer got badly injured in pre-season, so the competition was off before this season even started and now he will likely not be able to dispose Ralf Fährmann who again does a very good job at Schalke.

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Marc-André ter Stegen: The Young German - Page 6 Empty Re: Marc-André ter Stegen: The Young German

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:07 am

As of now Bravo hasn't done anything wrong (MaTs was starter till he got injured), so its not wise to bench him. MaTs will be playing as I said as of now I see him playing CL and CdR games.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:27 am

Thing is, he hasn't done much wrong, but I think MatS is better.

This reminds me of the Lloris-Friedel situation when Lloris joined Tottenham. Friedel had some great performances before Lloris came, so AVB didn't want to bench him. Lloris was new and learning English (I think?) as well.

Everybody knew Lloris is the better keeper, but played Friedel until starting Lloris in an EPL match about 3 or 4 games after Lloris arrived. Lloris played well and hasn't been benched since.

Friedel actually didn't do anything wrong, but once Lloris settled in, he was played over Friedel regardless.

I think MatS has settled in, and I think he's a superior keeper. Bravo hasn't done much wrong, but I think it's time to start MatS. It's not like MatS has messed up either. I'd rather see MatS in goal when we start playing harder opposition than Bravo.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:51 am

Agree 100%
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:31 am

this mf learned spanish so fast, also very respectful i hope he keeps his patience and sticks it out with us.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:41 am

Wow, his spanish is great! Wow
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:40 am

Eh, he has a very good accent but his vocabulary is very limited. He uses very simple sentences because he doesn't really know how to explain his thoughts in more detail.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:26 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Eh, he has a very good accent but his vocabulary is very limited. He uses very simple sentences because he doesn't really know how to explain his thoughts in more detail.

:coffee: i wanna see you learn your third or fourth language in less then a year..
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:06 pm

Donuts wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Eh, he has a very good accent but his vocabulary is very limited. He uses very simple sentences because he doesn't really know how to explain his thoughts in more detail.

:coffee: i wanna see you understand a third or fourth language in less then a year..

Corrected :coffee:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:07 pm

Should have had an assist. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:11 am

Donuts wrote:

:coffee: i wanna see you learn your third or fourth language in less then a year..
If I spent a year in Italy or Brazil and had nothing to do but play football and go to language classes I guarantee you I would pick it up fairly quickly. German probably not :/

In any case, I wasn't saying it wasn't impressive, only that the praise was out of hand. For half a year's worth of work it is really remarkable. Unless the rumors of him learning Spanish while still in Germany were true Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:19 am

Well, the rumour said he started learning Spanish half a year or so before the transfer was made public. One doesn't know whether he properly studied it or whether he just did one of those or or 2 hours per week in the evening conversation classes, though.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:01 pm

Nearly got an assist last night Proud
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:29 am

Leo Messi and the rest of the Barcelona dressing room are delighted with Marc-André Ter Stegen, particularly with his passing skills.

According to a story published in El País today titled 'Ter Stegen, or Zubizarreta's heir', Messi joked in a training session that the goalkeeper passes the ball better than him.

After a ball control exercise one of Messi's teammates said to him, "He passes it better than you", to which the Argentine replied, "Not better, much better."

:bow:
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:38 am

pos needs to stay awake in a match
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed May 13, 2015 2:49 am

Surprised no one bumped this.

Marc-André ter Stegen: The Young German - Page 6 Tumblr_no9594eSCJ1shaydvo1_500
Marc-André ter Stegen: The Young German - Page 6 Tumblr_no9594eSCJ1shaydvo2_500

Safe to say if it wasn't for him today we wouldn't be in the final.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed May 13, 2015 5:09 am

I wish there would be a best save award from UEFA just like the best goal....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed May 13, 2015 6:19 am

He was absolutely fantastic. I'm really happy for him, if he hadn't won the faith of our fans yet, he did today
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 am

He's always been fantastic against Bayern by the way.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed May 13, 2015 7:38 am

Small team keepers play their best games vs. best teams...so that does not prove anything

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed May 13, 2015 8:07 am

He had a very good game, but perhaps he could have saved Bayern's first goal?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed May 13, 2015 8:32 am

neuro11 wrote:Small team keepers play their best games vs. best teams...so that does not prove anything

I wholeheartedly agree :coffee:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed May 13, 2015 9:26 am

Agreed that he could have saved the first goal.
But overall a great performance.
I have a lot of faith in him
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed May 13, 2015 9:28 am

It's hard to blame him, that's always the defenders fault when you lose a man like that and give him a free header. He did well to even get to the ball, it's just unfortunate he didn't get there quite in time or a strong enough palm to keep it out. It happens.

Great game from him. That save on Lewandowski :bow:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed May 13, 2015 9:49 am

It's not like it was "a mistake", but when you watch it in slow motion it looks like he didn't impulse himself enough to save it.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 13, 2015 12:07 pm

Disagree tbh, he did well to get anywhere near it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next