LeBéninois
Lex
VivaStPauli
Doc
Onyx
Ruben Pardo
13 posters

Go down

Did Higuain, Callejon and Ozil basically pay for the Gareth Bale transfer fee Empty Did Higuain, Callejon and Ozil basically pay for the Gareth Bale transfer fee

Post by Ruben Pardo Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:06 pm

Not a fan of Real Madrid by any means but i must pay i feel they did smart business

Higuain 32 million pounds
Callejon 8 million pounds
Ozil 42 million pounds

Ozil was way over priced in my opinion, he's a 27 million pounds player tops
They got a good price for Higuain, i would of thought around 25 million pounds would of been about right
Callejon 8 million pounds is just about right

meanwhile Spurs blew the 85 million pounds on mediocre/garbage players, a lot of which don't even start.
Ruben Pardo
Ruben Pardo
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Fiorentina

Back to top Go down

Did Higuain, Callejon and Ozil basically pay for the Gareth Bale transfer fee Empty Re: Did Higuain, Callejon and Ozil basically pay for the Gareth Bale transfer fee

Post by Onyx Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:13 pm

Even without those players being sold I think we would have bought Bale anyway. However I'm sure Perez saw Ozil as a chance to recoup some of the money he spent on Bale.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Did Higuain, Callejon and Ozil basically pay for the Gareth Bale transfer fee Empty Re: Did Higuain, Callejon and Ozil basically pay for the Gareth Bale transfer fee

Post by Doc Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:14 pm

I have never considered Rm's transfer policy to be smart or anywhere remotely close to smart. They do, however, know how to make money, lots of it. So, I sheepishly agree they did well enough on the Bale transfer considering Levy was playing a rather nasty piece of business, waiting till the end of the transfer market to agree terms.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:25 pm

How was selling Özil smart?
I mean yes, you got 42m quid, but you also lost Özil.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruben Pardo Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:30 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:How was selling Özil smart?

Who's we? i'm not a Real Madrid fan, in fact i made that clear. Ozil is overrated and have a weak mind, yes hes very good but hes not a champion.
Ruben Pardo
Ruben Pardo
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Fiorentina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:40 pm

You have £86 million in your bank and you blow it all on one player and that player is Gareth Bale

Smart business indeed Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:44 pm

Lex wrote:You have £86 million in your bank and you blow it all on one player and that player is Gareth Bale

Smart business indeed Laughing

86 millions on one player or 86 millions on 3 or 4 players isn't different imo. Spurs spent the same amount of money and one could argue that Bale's contribution to Real ( and he's gonna get better ) is > to the Lamela's and co .
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:47 pm

Have his contributions been all that, though? Yeah he scores goals against nobodies........the same way just about everyone at Real Madrid does
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:51 pm

Doc wrote:I have never considered Rm's transfer policy to be smart or anywhere remotely close to smart. They do, however, know how to make money, lots of it. So, I sheepishly agree they did well enough on the Bale transfer considering Levy was playing a rather nasty piece of business, waiting till the end of the transfer market to agree terms.

Well enough ? It was a ridiculously overpriced deal,you cant argue that..And its not like he's been a massive commercial success like CR and Kaka were when they signed for you ,has he ?

Although as i've said before,they did brilliantly in the sales department.90m euros combined for Higuain and Oezil is brilliant piece of business.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:56 pm

Lex wrote:Have his contributions been all that, though? Yeah he scores goals against nobodies........the same way just about everyone at Real Madrid does

He's quality for sure and is still young so he might improve. Physically a freak too.

LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:59 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:How was selling Özil smart?
They're not really missing him...?

Last edited by ExtremistEnigma on Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:59 pm

Do incoming payments fund outgoing payments?

Hmm... Let me think... Hmm... Yes... Yes, I think they do...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:00 pm

Lex wrote:Have his contributions been all that, though? Yeah he scores goals against nobodies........the same way just about everyone at Real Madrid does
the other side of the argument is, what exactly are we missing without Ozil here? we are in copa final, about to go to the quarter finals in CL, and leading the table in la liga. Not sure we have missed him, and we play in a way where we would probably not start for us now.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:01 pm

Selling Ozil and buying Bale was a good piece of business eventho the price of the latter was massively over the limit. So far Bale has done exceptionally well and been detrimental in not only our recent form but also the form of Benzema which Bale helped kickstart

I was not happy with selling Higgy but either he or Benz needed to leave and Higgy chose it. I am happy he is doing well although I think he deserves a better team than Napoli to play in

Callejon did not play as well for us as he is doing now or in his Espanyol days, he has completely evolved and I am so happy for him the guy literally bleeds white through his nose
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:03 pm

Well look at it this way. RM without Ozil are in first right now. I, at least, don't think they miss him.

Does that mean Ozil's not WC? No. He is WC. But even WC players can't pwn week in and week out, especially in a league that is deem to be the most competitive. And I believe that it is the most competitive without a shadow of a doubt.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:05 pm

Laughing the idea that RM are 1st because they sold Ozil and bought Bale

Madrid are first because Barcelona have been utter poo this season
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:07 pm

Even without Ronaldo we would be first, in the quarters of the CL etc etc. We don't really need anyone. It's just with Ozil  we would be creating more chances and he would offer different things.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:10 pm

Lex wrote:Laughing the idea that RM are 1st because they sold Ozil and bought Bale

the idea that a team lead the lead only because the others teams arent good enough Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:13 pm

The idea that RM should be suffering because Ozil is not with them. Laughing
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:14 pm

Lex wrote:Laughing the idea that RM are 1st because they sold Ozil and bought Bale

Barca were utter poo last season as well but we were complete diarrhoea. Ozil lost his place earlier in the season and I think he would have been sparingly used had he stayed with us kind of like Isco. We rely on our midfield three for creativity and front three for goals, Ozil does not fit into any of those for different reasons

Ozil has a great eye though and made some absolutely beautiful passes in his Madrid days, those days came few and far between in his last season so I don't think we really miss him per say but Arsenal have a real gem in their arsenal if they give him his frequent breaks

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:14 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:

the idea that a team lead the lead only because the others teams arent good enough Laughing
I never said other teams, I said Barcelona because they're the only ones who usually challenge (and beat) Madrid
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:14 pm

Combo breaker.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:30 pm

@ Lex,
I agree with you that madrid is on top of La Liga just because barcelona have been poor this season but you should also know its the same reason barcelona has been winning the league since 2009 because madrid has been extremely poor and unbalanced prior to now

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down