Mamad
Valkyrja
sportsczy
shadexticos
Onyx
26 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

El Clasico: Real Madrid vs Barcelona discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: El Clasico: Real Madrid vs Barcelona discussion

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:06 pm

I think we have a damn good chance of winning..

For starters, we have home advantage

The 2nd best thing that we have is set pieces. Seriously. Barcelona try to man mark on set pieces and it goes absoluetly horribly. Even more, benzema has added headers to his game, and is a genuine threat in the air. CR, pepe, and ramos are scary threats in the air, as well as varane if he plays. Bale is also an OK threat in the air. Di maria sends a very good set piece in usually, and so does alonso and bale. We better be practicing these in training because there's literally a 25% chance we score from these when we play them. CR and bale don't even have to beat their man half the time. Just kicking it off the defender for a corner is a giant threat in itself for them.

3rd, again we have benzema. In the last clasico he was very threatening with his playmaking and outstanding close control. No one on the team has the ability he has to create in the final third. not modric, and di maria is way too inconsistant of a passer in that part of the field.

I'm only worried about neymar. Last time we completely nullified messi by giving him no passing options on the wing and double marking him. but we let neymar free and he completely raped carvajal numerous times.

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

El Clasico: Real Madrid vs Barcelona discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: El Clasico: Real Madrid vs Barcelona discussion

Post by Zealous Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:05 pm

Lmao Bill you legend rofl

Anyway I think both teams have reasons to feel like they can win this game but the main question imo will be do Barca care about winning the game more than not losing?

No one at Madrid will like it but a draw would not be a disaster since it keeps the gap at 4 points. It give Atleti the chance to catch up but we'll be still ahead by a hair and will be in control of our own destiny.

For Barca a loss basically means game over, 7 points at this stage of the season is too big a gap since there aren't *that* many points left to play for.

This could potentially be a huge statement game for a lot of Madrid players. A lot of the guys on our squad have question marks surrounding them and I'm pretty sure they are aware of all of them.

I think regardless of whether we play like Lions or Gazelles if we show in intensity and impose ourselves we'll have a big chance. We'll also have a fully pumped up Bernabeu for this game which imo will be a factor.

My only concern is Mallenco, that clown could potentially influence the game. I'm almost 100% sure he's going to lose control at some point.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:13 pm

Bale/Carvajal should absolutely rape Alba/Neymar. We MUST focus our attack on that side... i know it means that CR7 will need to make backdoor movement. Tough shat. It's too big of a mismatch to ignore. It also forces Neymar to spend energy helping Alba.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:32 pm

sportsczy wrote:Bale/Carvajal should absolutely rape Alba/Neymar.  We MUST focus our attack on that side... i know it means that CR7 will need to make backdoor movement.  Tough shat.  It's too big of a mismatch to ignore.  It also forces Neymar to spend energy helping Alba.

Fully agree but we'll have to have a good chunk of the ball to really exploit it imo.I think we can do it.

Regarding CR, I actually think he's at his best when he makes off ball runs into the box. When the ball (and the defence's focus) is somewhere else Cristiano is an absolute nightmare to defend against.

So yeah I'd actually prefer if Ronaldo had less touches outside the penalty area for this game. I'd actually prefer him being the one to pounce when it's time complete the attacking move.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:07 pm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:32 am

is benzema available?

if not, what would be the XI?

carvajal-varane-ramos-marcelo
modric---alonso---illarramendi
-bale-- ronaldo ---- dimaria

?

terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:39 am

Benzema is healthy and has trained normally since Thursday.  Sill not 100% as the following image shows... but he'll play.

El Clasico: Real Madrid vs Barcelona discussion - Page 2 1395484893_245776_1395487852_noticia_grande
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:58 am

Ancelotti:

"Tomorrow's starting XI will be the one I've been repeating with Alonso, Modric, Di María…"

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:59 am

Diego
Carvajal Pepe Ramos Marcelo
Modric Xabi Di Maria
Bale Benz Ronaldo

Isco will start instead of Benzema if the latter isn't capable of. If he will I have the feeling that he will play very good.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:03 pm

Ancelotti:

"BENZEMA has recovered well, he has trained with the team today, he has no problems."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:12 pm

ffs BBC Proud

LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:32 pm

Real Madrid have scored 77 goals in La Liga, an average of nearly three goals per match (2.75).

Real Madrid have scored in 27 of the 28 matches played, more than any other team in the league.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:21 pm

Carlo Ancelotti appeared before the media the day before the Clásico. The Italian manager, who confirmed that “Modric, Xabi Alonso and Di María will play in the midfield”, analysed the Liga match against Barcelona. “Our aim is to bring all our quality. We have a lot of desire and we're going to try to do what we've done in previous matches: play attacking football and defend and attack together. In both teams there are players who can win matches on their own. The difference will be in the teamwork, not just in the quality of individual players. The team that plays best will win”.

“A Clásico is always a good match and always has the same pressure because it's a very important game for the Liga and it's always different to every other match. We won't settle for a draw because we have the small advantage of being at home and we want to win. The support from our fans could be important for us and a small advantage against Barcelona”.

Benzema's recovery
“The whole squad are in good shape. Benzema recovered well and has already trained with the team. We had a small problem with Isco, who turned up with a bit of a cold, but he trained perfectly. The whole squad's fine”.

Bale and his position on the field
“He usually plays out wide and in the away fixture he swapped positions with Di María. We have balance now and we won't do anything special for this match. He'll play out wide. He's in good physical condition and tomorrow he'll play well. We haven't done any special work with him. He has great genetics and has trained normally, like everyone else”.

WE'RE GOING TO TRY TO PLAY FOR THE 90 MINUTES AS WE DID IN THE SECOND HALF OF THE MATCH AT THE CAMP NOU.
Normality going into the Clásico
“The team seem relaxed and we're going to prepare in the same way we always do. I don't need to say anything else to my players because they have more experience than I do when it comes to playing Barcelona. It's a match in which there is pressure, concentration, motivation and many other things. We have to stay as calm as possible”.

The Barcelona he expects
“They have a very clear philosophy on the field and I don't think they'll change it for this match. They'll try to play in their way and we'll try to impose our style and qualities. Every team has its weaknesses, but to beat great teams you have to be superior in every part of the field. You have to be able to control the game”.

“It's time to beat Barcelona. In the away fixture we didn't play well for the whole match, only part of it. We're going to try to play for the 90 minutes like we did in the second half of the match at the Camp Nou”.

The influence it will have on the Copa final
“That's a different thing altogether. They're different competitions. People forget that there is another dangerous adversary in Atlético, who could take advantage of this match. They're different competitions”.

Motivation to be part of a Clásico
“When I managed other teams I paid my subscription to watch this match on television, but now I'm happy because I don't have to pay it any more. For a manager, preparing for this kind of match is a very big source of motivation and pressure. Many managers would like to be in my place right now. I'm very happy and I hope to make as few mistakes as possible”.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:10 am

This is it guys. We win or tie this, we got the league
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:07 am

It will be BBC for sure. Even if Benz is not 100% fit, he should play. Blooding Isco in classico will be unfair and a gamble we can avoid.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:21 am

Real Valladolid done it , Real Sociedad done it , there is no reason why Madrid cant .  Wink Lets go Madrid  Thumbs up 
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:53 am

Lupi wrote:Real Valladolid done it , Real Sociedad done it , there is no reason why Madrid cant .  Wink Lets go Madrid  Thumbs up 

!!!

You're on my list now. When Benatia wears the Blaugrana next season I'll remember to PM you his highlight reels week in week out.

El Clasico: Real Madrid vs Barcelona discussion - Page 2 Article-2581578-1C50096600000578-426_306x423

banana

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:56 am

Barca will renew Messi's contract which will cost just over €250mill and Barca will go through seasons upon seasons without buying a CB, you will probably buy back Puyol in Jan and call that new wc signing Laughing

Anyways, Jese: "The guys have promised me a win and that they will dedicate it to me" stay safe Fu$bal Proud
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:37 am

hala, pls. Getting 2 senior players like Valdes and Puyol off the wage bill alone gives enough room to improve Messi's contract. Pls revisit elementary school and learn your basic maths. Proud

And what is this I'm reading? Making promises that can't be kept to innocent little kids? Spanish government should step in and transfer Jese immediately to La Masia where he will learn the correct values of life. He's in very bad company right now. Today false promises like that, tomorrow a drug abusing junky crashing his car into a school bus while drunk. We all know how quick it can go.

:coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:38 am

Fußball wrote:
Lupi wrote:Real Valladolid done it , Real Sociedad done it , there is no reason why Madrid cant .  Wink Lets go Madrid  Thumbs up 

!!!

You're on my list now. When Benatia wears the Blaugrana next season I'll remember to PM you his highlight reels week in week out.

El Clasico: Real Madrid vs Barcelona discussion - Page 2 Article-2581578-1C50096600000578-426_306x423

banana

We have 3 better CB's than that guy in Varane, Ramos and Pepe and one who is on the same level in Nacho. gtfo  :facepalm: 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:20 am

Fußball wrote:hala, pls. Getting 2 senior players like Valdes and Puyol off the wage bill alone gives enough room to improve Messi's contract. Pls revisit elementary school and learn your basic maths. Proud

And what is this I'm reading? Making promises that can't be kept to innocent little kids? Spanish government should step in and transfer Jese immediately to La Masia where he will learn the correct values of life. He's in very bad company right now. Today false promises like that, tomorrow a drug abusing junky crashing his car into a school bus while drunk. We all know how quick it can go.

Correct values of life  rofl 

Value 1: Thou shall secretly launder money to players relatives  No 
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:32 am

In fairness, Rosell is not a La Masia graduate. He played for l'Hospitalet in his youth where he must have picked up this sort of unholy behaviour in his childhood. :coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:57 pm

Fußball wrote:hala, pls. Getting 2 senior players like Valdes and Puyol off the wage bill alone gives enough room to improve Messi's contract. Pls revisit elementary school and learn your basic maths. Proud

please, the real reason you are getting rid of those players is because Cesc' poverty contract needs renewing and more importantly he needs to move closer to carrying the much coveted captain's armband. Man United sniffing around last summer really got Zubi thinking "if we lose him we are doomed all the others will follow" but Messi will make sure he got the bumper payrise to stick it to Bartomeu and co who tried to take him as a fool. Come on You Messi you can do it eco smile

Beware of Ronaldo, Jese and he have created this daddy sonny bond and he wants blood. When Ronaldo gets a hattrick Alves the hipster will retire from football and announce the proud news he will apply to be a backroom dancer for pitbull sending one of his goal celebrations as audition material
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:09 pm

Reported. Suggesting Fabregas anywhere near the captain's armband is taking things way too far. I thought you were better than this, hala. No

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:08 pm

Promise to Jese will be kept, I am sure. I wish he was not injured. He would have been pumped up to continue where he left in the last Classico. Get well soon and hope to see you in California in pre-season Smile
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:17 pm

Time to destroy Barca and secure our first title this season.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next