Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Balotelli Watch - OGC Nice - Page 6 Empty Re: Balotelli Watch - OGC Nice

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:49 pm

farfan wrote:
Firenze wrote:fraudulent league so nobody cares, barely above dutch league

Twitter and Reddit explode everytime he scores . hmm

That doesn't negate what Firenze said though lol, people are just obsessed with Balotelli for some reason.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:56 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
farfan wrote:
Firenze wrote:fraudulent league so nobody cares, barely above dutch league

Twitter and Reddit explode everytime he scores . hmm

That doesn't negate what Firenze said though lol, people are just obsessed with Balotelli for some reason.

If people are obsessed with Balotelli then that means they do care.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:56 pm

They care about him, not the league he plays in lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:56 pm

He is entertaining.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:59 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:They care about him, not the league he plays in lol.
So they care, which was farfans and my point. What ever you are saying about the league is irrelevant to the discussion as this is the Balotelli thread.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:07 pm

Well... that makes it more interesting given that Monaco beat the Spurs, PSG holds its own among the CL top 8, and Lyon gave a very good game against Juve that Buffon saved for them.

Nice is good.  Defenses aren't that easy and the refs let physical play go.  If you only know about Balotelli on Nice, you have no idea what you're talking about.

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/

Ligue 1 is comfortably 5th.  Similar results in Europe to Serie A last season and same this season. Ligue is pathetic in Europa so it's all about CL results... unfortunately. Teams here don't invest in Europa at all. Serie A is pretty much the same.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:10 pm

I'm happy to say I always believed in him.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:24 pm

Hope Nice pull a Leicester.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:30 pm

What's working for Balotelli is that he has Plea, a speed guy who is also scoring a lot, next to him.  You also have Belhanda play the wing/AM role...  then you see Koziello and Cyprien in midfield...  not to mention Dante and Sarr on defense.

Go team... very well coached.  One of the youngest teams in Ligue 1 too despite the presence of Dante.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:28 pm

Yep yep, spot on as usual. 25-30 goals this season.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:41 pm

The happiest I have ever seen him honestly. If I was his agent he would have been in France years ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:01 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:The happiest I have ever seen him honestly. If I was his agent he would have been in France years ago.

Well I have to say, in my life I have never seen a player more scrutinized by the media than Balotelli. From the moment he emerged for Inter, despite hype about his talent as a youth player, there was an immediate asterisk next to his name. At City he had more turbulent issues but settled for a few months and looked to be a solid player. He came back to Milan, his dream move, and played 6 months at the highest level before dealing with injuries and joining Liverpool, the worst move of his career.

He's still just 26 years old, what he needs above anything else is a run of games and to put together a couple solid seasons. I hope he physically makes it because that's been as much of a question as his mental capacity, his talent was always present.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:07 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:The happiest I have ever seen him honestly. If I was his agent he would have been in France years ago.

Thing is agents (especially Raiola I would assume) give more importance to how much money they can make than how happy their client is.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:49 pm

GO ON LAD

Hopefully people start to see that he's willing to change his ways, and if he does fulfill his potential he will be a star.

Contrary to many beliefs, he did change once he arrived at Liverpool, he started to track back, defend corners, and could of made an amazing partnership with Sturridge (they dominated Spurs in the one game they played together before Dan got injured). He was then thrown in a foreign role to him, and was used as a scapegoat for the rest of the season because Brendan was such an amazing man.

Not too sure what happened at Milan on loan, but from all reports he continued that mentality of wanting to improve / take shit seriously but I think injuries ruined his time there. Can't really comment on his time there as I don't follow the Serie A so hopefully some rossoneri fan can confirm.

Hopefully he continues to get all the plaudits his way at Nice, so long as he continues putting in the effort he'll dominate the league and hopefully realise how good he can be - because he's a very good footballer on his day.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:58 pm

Luca wrote:

Well I have to say, in my life I have never seen a player more scrutinized by the media than Balotelli. From the moment he emerged for Inter, despite hype about his talent as a youth player, there was an immediate asterisk next to his name. At City he had more turbulent issues but settled for a few months and looked to be a solid player. He came back to Milan, his dream move, and played 6 months at the highest level before dealing with injuries and joining Liverpool, the worst move of his career.

He's still just 26 years old, what he needs above anything else is a run of games and to put together a couple solid seasons. I hope he physically makes it because that's been as much of a question as his mental capacity, his talent was always present.

Very true he seems to be a very emotional guy, and going through his history he has a lot to be emotional about.

Him being in Italy where the racial abuse could get to him, or in england where the press love to rip you to shreds was always a bad move.

If I was his manager I would have been on the phone with every club in France like, I got a kid you gotta have, and he would have been there.

A forgiving league, a place where he won't realistically be targeted for being full of flair and eccentric, and place where he isnt likely to be targeted for his race. He should finish his career there.

M99 wrote:

Thing is agents (especially Raiola I would assume) give more importance to how much money they can make than how happy their client is.

Aren't there clubs in France who could give his agent whatever he wants. Like PSG probably isnt holding back in that regard Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:25 am

He gets targeted by the media, yes, but its not like he is a blameless victim in that sense. All the dumb stuff he used to do when he knew the spotlight was on him was his fault. Putting the Milan shirt on when he was an Inter player? come on. He was just too immature and couldn't handle the football world properly.

He is also not the first or the last black guy in Italy. How many problems did Pogba or Cuadrado have? Niang? Seedorf?. Racism is a huge issue that they all experience but you must learn to ignore these fools and stay focused. Balotelli was mentally weak, not up to the unfortunate challenge. Think of how Dani Alves or Evra handle these situations.

But all of that wouldn't have mattered much if he was a better footballer and didn't only rely on talent. Football is full of prima donnas that still make it. He just needs to stop acting like an idiot and do what everyone else does, i.e. give 100% effort all the time.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:58 am

rincon wrote:He gets targeted by the media, yes, but its not like he is a blameless victim in that sense. All the dumb stuff he used to do when he knew the spotlight was on him was his fault. Putting the Milan shirt on when he was an Inter player? come on. He was just too immature and couldn't handle the football world properly.

He is also not the first or the last black guy in Italy. How many problems did Pogba or Cuadrado have? Niang? Seedorf?. Racism is a huge issue that they all experience but you must learn to ignore these fools and stay focused. Balotelli was mentally weak, not up to the unfortunate challenge. Think of how Dani Alves or Evra handle these situations.

But all of that wouldn't have mattered much if he was a better footballer and didn't only rely on talent. Football is full of prima donnas that still make it. He just needs to stop acting like an idiot and do what everyone else does, i.e. give 100% effort all the time.

Which is why the manager has to know his client better. If he knows his guy is a young guy who cant take that level of scrutiny, then you get him somewhere where he will thrive early.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:00 am

Red Alert wrote:GO ON LAD

Hopefully people start to see that he's willing to change his ways, and if he does fulfill his potential he will be a star.

Contrary to many beliefs, he did change once he arrived at Liverpool, he started to track back, defend corners, and could of made an amazing partnership with Sturridge (they dominated Spurs in the one game they played together before Dan got injured). He was then thrown in a foreign role to him, and was used as a scapegoat for the rest of the season because Brendan was such an amazing man.

Not too sure what happened at Milan on loan, but from all reports he continued that mentality of wanting to improve / take shit seriously but I think injuries ruined his time there. Can't really comment on his time there as I don't follow the Serie A so hopefully some rossoneri fan can confirm.

Hopefully he continues to get all the plaudits his way at Nice, so long as he continues putting in the effort he'll dominate the league and hopefully realise how good he can be - because he's a very good footballer on his day.
what you mean like the time in training when Rodgers told him to mark at corners and he said I don't defend corners. GTFO rofl rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:03 am

Liverpool was the only bad move. City had his father-figure Mancini, who had already managed him and gave him his debut. Then Milan was his dream club he was always a fan of. Finally Nice seems to be the perfect environment for him at the moment. This is not Raiola's fault, its Balotelli's fault plus bad luck with injuries. The conditions to succeed were always there.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next