Pedram
Le Samourai
Valkyrja
sportsczy
Onyx
27 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Champions League: Real Madrid vs Borussia Dortmund discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Champions League: Real Madrid vs Borussia Dortmund discussion

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:38 pm

Real Madrid right-back Dani Carvajal spoke fondly about his progress through the youth system at the club, his season playing in Germany and inspirational figures he’s looked up to, ahead of the Champions League match against Borussia Dortmund.

Speaking alongside manager Carlo Ancelotti, at the Champions League preview press conference, ahead of Wednesday’s encounter with Borussia Dortmund, right-back Dani Carvajal was asked about how his début season in the Real Madrid first-team squad has been going.

“I have always been ambitious, wanting to train and play more, though I’m very happy right now. Especially so because of the confidence the manager has given me from the very first day. The rotation with Arbeloa has been very good for both of us and for the team, because we’re always fresh. Now and with Álvaro injured, it looks like I’ll play even more minutes. I hope to earn my place, enjoy myself and help the team achieve our objectives.”

This season has also marked the debút of Carvajal in the Champions League against Galatasaray in Turkey during the group stage of the competition. That is already a cherished memory for the 22-year-old.

“It was like a dream, thinking that I was going to compete in the Champions League. When you’re there arm in arm with your team-mates, listening to the Champions League anthem playing, it sends a chill down your spine. It was also a great game, we scored six goals and it’s something I’ll never forget.”

Asked who his nearest companions in the first-team are, Carvajal highlighted his former Real Madrid Castilla and youth system colleagues, whilst also pointing at the friendly rivalry for the right-back slot, with Álvaro Arbeloa.

“Given all the years I’ve played alongside them, I’d have to say Morata and Jesé. Arbeloa too, as we can understand one another with just a glance.”

When it comes to choosing one of his all-time favourite players at Real Madrid, there were no surprises in his choice of Michel Salgado, as an inspirational figure.

“As a fan of Real Madrid, I’d say Michel Salgado. I really loved his style of play, it was really intense. I always loved watching him play.”

Having progressed through the youth system of Real Madrid, is also something that Carvajal feels very fortunate to have experienced, especially having eventually made the grade at the highest level.

“It’s a dream come true. In Spain and most of all in Madrid, every kid wants to play for Real Madrid. Being in the youth system at this club is great and I was filled with pride and emotion, when I made my début in this shirt. Going through each stage of my time at this club, has been wonderful.”

Highlighting the legendary Raúl and current captain Iker Casillas as further inspiration to players of his generation who progressed from the youth system at Real Madrid, Carvajal also recognises that himself, Jesé and Morata are now references for the next generation of talented young players, to aspire towards emulating.

“They are a mirror for us to look towards and now Casillas is captain. For us, reaching the first team is the ultimate objective. Players like Arbeloa or myself had to leave, before coming back again. Others, like Jesé or Morata, have gone straight through to the first-team.”

Given his own time playing in Germany with Bayer Leverkusen, Carvajal was also asked what sort of impact that experience had, when it came to his development as a player.

“I’ve really improved my game defensively, because there was practically no transitional play in the Bundesliga and I had to do a lot of closing down. Also, we were a team who had to take the initiative in every game and as a full-back, I had to cover a lot of ground. That helped develop my physically, so that I could try to remain fresh in the final minutes of games.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Champions League: Real Madrid vs Borussia Dortmund discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Champions League: Real Madrid vs Borussia Dortmund discussion

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:28 pm

Real Madrid’s Luka Modric says his team are determined to turn around their fortunes following a mini slump in form.

Los Blancos were top of La Liga before successive defeats to Barcelona and Sevilla have left them in third place.

“Until those two recent matches we were having a fantastic season,” Modric told reporters today. “We are still the same players and the same team.

“We are very motivated for the upcoming matches, we have forgotten what has gone on before and we are concentrating on Dortmund.

“We haven’t lost our confidence and I am convinced we will give our best tomorrow.

“We know how Dortmund will play, they are very dangerous on the counter. We need to be careful when we have the ball and make sure we don’t lose it.

“We need to be aware of Reus, Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang. They are great players.

“The three competitions we are in are important and we are going for all of them. We haven’t set any of them to one side, but now it is time to think about Dortmund.

“A 2-0 win would be excellent! But we will try to score all the goals we can. 2-0 would be fantastic though and I am sure we can achieve it.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:46 pm

Just win the damn game.

Win. The damn. Game.

.... and try to keep a damn clean sheet.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:42 pm

Our supposed superstars need to show up. And Pepe-Ramos need to leave their brainfarts at him... could be too much to ask lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:47 pm

bayern almost losing vs man u shows how unpredictable football is

i think we will lose or draw tbh
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:50 pm

Scared stiff :facepalm: 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:57 pm

yup.

pepe was awful against dortmund last season.

he didnt know which way to turn.

plus, he is the same player, he hasnt improved in anyway.

hopefully the team is set up to deal with dortmund as well, not just focused on playing their game.

Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:01 pm

The way Bayern played tonight and against Arsenal, we certainly have a chance of beating them regardless of our current problems.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:28 am

Yohan Modric wrote:The way Bayern played tonight and against Arsenal, we certainly have a chance of beating them regardless of our current problems.

it goes both ways, the way we played against Barca and Sevilla will make it a cakewalk for Bayern

Pepe has been close to spotless this season, I am more worried about Ramos than anything. Hopefully Coentrao can assist dimaria because he will be our most dangerous player with his crosses, through balls and runs from deep. Having him play awful will probably lose us the game
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:48 pm

Coentrao playing could actually balance out our defense, since both fullbacks are always attacking and can occasionally be caught out.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:49 pm

Karim Benzema believes the Real Madrid that will face Borussia Dortmund tonight are a different team to the one beaten last year.

Dortmund and Madrid met four times in last season’s Champions League, in the group stage and the semi-finals, and Madrid only won once - the semi-final second-leg, when they were eliminated on aggregate.

But Benzema told Madrid’s official website that Los Blancos are in better shape to play the Bundesliga outfit this year than they were 12 months ago.

“We’ve won nearly all our games in the tournament and we feel good,” Benzema said.

“We’ll give our all to get through this round. Everything has gone well until now.

“We’ve reached the quarter-finals and we’re in good form.

“Dortmund still have the same players but they’ve had a lot of injuries this season.

“We have to put what happened last year to the back of our minds and now we have a new team with a new mentality.

“We’re not thinking about them, although they are strong.”

Benzema added that Madrid, competing in the Champions League, the League and the Copa del Rey, do not value one tournament over another.

“The goal is to win all three titles and I think we can do it. We have a good team and a strong squad,” Benzema continued.

“Carlo Ancelotti has brought us stability, and that’s important.

“We’ve reached the Champions League semi-finals for the last three years and we’re doing well this year.

“We still have a number of games to play before the final but we’re getting closer.”

Benzema is one-third of the vaunted BBC - the name given to Madrid’s attacking trio that also includes Gareth Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo.

“They are great players and we have a good understanding, on and off the pitch,” Benzema said of his colleagues.

“It’s easy to play with players that skilful, fast and technical.

“I don’t know [if we are the most dangerous attack in the tournament] but we are a team, it’s not just about the three forwards.

“We are supported by the whole squad. We play an attacking style and having great players in attack helps the team win games.”

Benzema went on to discuss what the Champions League means to him and revealed who he would prefer to play in the final.

“I’ve had a lot of success in the Champions League and I hope that continues.

“Games like this help me with my confidence. Every time I play in the Champions League it’s special. I love this competition.

“[I’d like a] final between Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain, as they are a French side.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:22 pm

Goalkeepers : Casillas, Diego Lopez and Jesus.
Defenders : Varane, Pepe, Ramos, Coentrao, Carvajal and Nacho.
Midfielders : Bale, Xabi Alonso, Casemiro, Modric, Isco, Illarra and Jose Rodriguez.
Forwards : Morata, Benzema and Cristiano Ronaldo.

No Di Maria because of Gastroenteritis apparently.

-------------------Casillas
------Carvajal---Pepe---Ramos---Coentrao
--------------------Alonso
---------------Modric------Isco
--------Bale-------Benzema-----Ronaldo

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:35 pm

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2014/04/02/champions/1396452343_515097.html

Yeah.... no Di Maria lol. Now it's 50/50 in my book. Only player that can create in final 1/3 is Benz and all BVB has to do is overcrowd the middle.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:28 pm

No Marcelo, no Di Maria...:facepalm: hope that will start Isco and Modric otherwise we're screwed
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:53 pm

They'll just sit low with an extra mid and negate BBC.... dare our midfield to create and become dangerous. Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:00 pm

Looking at Modric and Bale to perform big.

Sports, is Benz still nursing his injury?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:12 pm

no he's good. If carlo isolates benz on top as opposed to dezoning him to help buildup... my rant will be epic Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:45 pm

Casillas, Carvajal, Pepe, Ramos, Coentrao; Modric, Alonso, Isco; Bale, Benzema, Cristiano.

Weidenfeller; Piszczek, Sokratis, Hummels, Durm; Kehl, Şahin; Großkreutz, Mkhitaryan, Reus; Aubameyang.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:26 pm

sportsczy wrote:no he's good. If carlo isolates benz on top as opposed to dezoning him to help buildup... my rant will be epic Laughing

Agreed. We are going to need his passes now more than ever, with both marcelo and dimaria injured. Ronaldo is going to have to work on his own and everything will go through bale he better not fcking flop
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:06 pm

Cristiano Ronaldo had to be replaced in the 80th minute of the match against Borussia Dortmund, showing clear signs of discomfort in his left knee.

Concern shrouded the emphatic Champions League victory at the Bernabéu and although Real Madrid have one foot firmly planted in the semi-finals, thanks to a 3-0 victory, it may be soured by the sight of Cristiano Ronaldo in clear discomfort.

Sat on the grass in the 80th minute, his left knee the cause of his problems, Cristiano was immediately replaced as a precaution, by Casemiro.

All will be awaiting the post-match medical report with baited breath, though this is the same knee that has been troubling the Portuguese star for some time now, even though ahead of the game, Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti had assured that it was being managed well and the player was fine.

The nature of the injury has already been confirmed as a problem in the patella tendon, which links the kneecap with the tibia, but it remains to be seen if this will pose Cristiano further issues, in what is the most crucial stage of the season and ahead of the World Cup.

In the immediate future, Cristiano could be sidelined for this weekend’s encounter against Real Sociedad, in La Liga.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:11 pm

Ancelotti: It's nothing serious with Cristiano, just a slight niggle in his knee.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:25 pm

Real Madrid midfielder Isco feels confident he’s capable of showing why he’s worthy of a place in the team, after capping an excellent display in central midfield, with the second goal against Borussia Dortmund.

Speaking after the final whistle, Isco insisted that despite getting on the scoresheet against Borussia Dortmund, it’s his overall play and adaptability, that will earn him a regular place in the Real Madrid tactical plans of Carlo Ancelotti.

“I don’t need to justify anything, just to demonstrate to the manager that I can play in any system.”

Clearly delighted with the performance of his team, Isco also feels confident his side now have a solid advantage, going into the second-leg in Germany.

“It’s a magnificent result. We’re happy with the third goal and not having conceded any. It’s a great step for us towards the semi-finals.”

There was also praise for the defensive work of his team-mates, for having kept a clean sheet and avoided the danger of an away goal.

“Pepe and the defence in general have been ten out of ten. We’ve more than deserved this result.”

Finally and even though confident of passage to the semi-finals, Isco warned that you can’t count your chickens, before they’ve hatched.

“You never know in football. Nobody would have imagined that Real Madrid would lose there 4-1 last season.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:59 am

Easy game. We let them have too many chances in the sevond half. Poor game from Ramos

Coentrao, Carvajal and especially Pepe were exceptional. Modric with a very good game, Isco had a great first half but a below par second, got to work on his fittness other than that no complaints really

Iker should easily displace Lopez ffs, if lopez was given the baton by merit its about time iker gets it back now.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:15 pm

Iker needs to start every match ffs. we are not a charity Carlo. Poor game from Ramos and Xabi. Isco, Carvajal and Pepe our best players, followed by BBC and Modric.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:20 pm

Ancelotti made no attempt to hide his satisfaction at his team's performance against Borussia Dortmund. The Whites' coach analysed the 3-0 victory in the Santiago Bernabéu: “I'm happy with the result, the match and the team's attitude. It wasn't an easy match, we started it well, in the second half we reduced the tempo a little. Dortmund had a good attitude, above all on the counter. It is a very dangerous team. The second leg won't be easy”.

“We did what we practised well. We pressured up front and played with intensity. We had possession of the ball and were clinical. I'm happy. In the first half we played with great intensity and energy and in the second we sat back a bit to play a little more on the counter. The atmosphere was very good”.

The second leg
“Borussia proved that they are a quality team and that they will try to turn the result around. They will try everything to come back. We have to be alert and play like we did in this match. If we play like today we'll reach the semi-finals. Touch all the wood in the world, I don't like talking about the semis yet. They are setting a trap for the second leg and we have to be prudent and avoid it”.

Cristiano Ronaldo's niggle
“It's a slight knee problem and I'm not worried about it. If the niggle, which at the moment is not a worry, continues we can rest him, but the player is relaxed. I took him off 10 minutes before the end and there is no reason to worry.
THE FANS' SUPPORT FOR THESE MATCHES IS CRITICAL.
“The response has been good after the two defeats, although it is clear that we haven't completely forgotten about it because we have paid dearly for it. We're no longer at the top of La Liga but we have time. If we win all our matches, as I've said, we'll win the Champions League and the Copa del Rey, at least”.

Isco
“He had a great match, he defended and won balls. He also demonstrated his attacking ability with a goal. He had a fantastic game, really helping his team and demonstrating that he has that passion”.

Pepe
“He did a great job, as he has all season, with confidence and personality. It wasn't an easy match for them at the back and he did very well. There were big spaces to cover and they did great. Iker also made a great save”.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:16 pm

Good scoreline, good game even tho two of the three goals owe nothing to team work andcame from capitalizing on errors.
The presence of isco allowed for a better link between the midfielders and attackers but most of the time, it was the same old thing - passing the ball from left to right among the defenders and midfielders, without any creative team work.

We could see that with isco, we had some chances through the middle.

The simple solution to this problem would simply be for the right and left midfielders to move in field rather than forming an irrelevant cluster on the wings with the full-back and the winger - marcelo, isco and ronaldo all on one wing with modric carvajal and ball on another.
There is soooo much latent creativity in modric and isco and we can only see this if they cut in-field when we are attacking and then recoiling bak to their defensive position when defending.

Honestly, its dat simply because all our good team plays occured when they did just that...

Stil waiting for that day when most of our goals would start from a good build up

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next