Lord Spencer
rwo power
Collblanc
41 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Valdés on the way back - Page 2 Empty Re: Valdés on the way back

Post by harhar11 Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:31 pm

Cause schmeichel, casillas, buffon or cech have never made a mistake and especially not when they were younger Laughing

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:48 pm

harhar11 wrote:Cause schmeichel, casillas, buffon or cech have never made a mistake and especially not when they were younger Laughing
Seriously.. everyone knows, even most Barca fans that Valdes is a mediocre goalkeeper. Just accept it. Blunders way too often and nothing special in goalkeeping at all. He only managed to stay at Barca because of Pep's utter domination football.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:15 pm

It is hilarious how "ignorant" football fans just keep underrating Valdes.

Here is a fact; no team in history would do as well as Barca without a top drawer GK. Barca had great players from top to bottom, and while their star studded midfield and attack gets most of the praise, Puyol and Valdes did a lot of the dirty work behind.

You can magnify all the errors Valdes did all over the years, but if you also ignore his magnificent record in both La Liga and Europe as you well you are just being a massive imbecile.

He may not be as good as Buffon, Iker, Cech, and others, but at no point was he not a top 10 GKs and he was always the best ball retention GK around.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:45 am

His record is great and all but the way barca had been playing over the past few years made it so the opposition RARELY saw the ball, let alone even generate anything.

Great gk but a lot of his stats is due to the way barca play to keep possession.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:10 am

dronte wrote:
harhar11 wrote:Cause schmeichel, casillas, buffon or cech have never made a mistake and especially not when they were younger Laughing
Seriously.. everyone knows, even most Barca fans that Valdes is a mediocre goalkeeper. Just accept it. Blunders way too often and nothing special in goalkeeping at all. He only managed to stay at Barca because of Pep's utter domination football.

are you serious??? Most Barca fans know he is a mediocre keeper!!! Mad stop trolling....yeah of course if they do trolling like you....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:25 am

dronte wrote:

Actually, GKs like Casillas, Buffon, Reina, Neuer etc... have had same amount of blunders in their career, some even more...
But Valdes had 1 against Real Madrid especially the one v Di Maria in 2012. This is why people remember it more...  

Valdes has been starting for Barcelona since 2002/03, its not a coincidence that he stayed for that long and played a major role in helping Barcelona win 3 Champions League Trophies in this period... I won't ever forget the 2006 Final. Thanks to Valdes, we won our 2nd UCL! You should ask Henry about Valdes' performance in that game...

Valdes has the 3rd most clean sheets in Liga's history and 2nd most clean sheets in Champions League history.... that's not luck, its consistency... He have won a record 5 Zamora Trophies for Best GK in La Liga... Although, as we all know Barcelona's defense was always their weakest point...
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:57 am

Khaled wrote:Valdés on the way back - Page 2 BjvLeyuCQAEByh7

In 80 games with Barcelona, Pinto has conceded 62 goals. 0.78 goals per game. Pinto > Valdes. :bow:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:20 am

Lord Spencer wrote:It is hilarious how "ignorant" football fans just keep underrating Valdes.

Here is a fact; no team in history would do as well as Barca without a top drawer GK. Barca had great players from top to bottom, and while their star studded midfield and attack gets most of the praise, Puyol and Valdes did a lot of the dirty work behind.

You can magnify all the errors Valdes did all over the years, but if you also ignore his magnificent record in both La Liga and Europe as you well you are just being a massive imbecile.

He may not be as good as Buffon, Iker, Cech, and others, but at no point was he not a top 10 GKs and he was always the best ball retention GK around.

Sebastiano Rossi has the unbeaten record in Serie A , do you think  he can be comparable to Albertosi, Zoff, Zenga, Peruzzi , Pagliuca , Buffon,  Julio Cesar  etc ?
Not even the best keeper Milan ever.

But he had a defence and a squad  so strong , as well as Barcellona was something of amazing who it was hard even concede  goals chances as I said above ,  

the magnificent record have to be contextualized mate.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:43 am

Valdes is touted as 'underrated' so often that he's become grossly overrated. He's not top-class, he's not trash, for the entirety of his career he's simply been an average La Liga goalkeeper.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:51 am

Annnnd that's wrong.

Anyway, bit late on this one because I've been gone, but I'm gutted as well Sad

Barca legend Proud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:40 pm

Barcelona have confirmed successful surgery on Victor Valdes' knee and that he will be out of action for an estimated seven months.

The goalkeeper went under the knife on Monday after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee early in the 3-0 win over Celta just under a week ago.

"Valdes has been operated on by doctors Ulrich Boenisch and Ricard Pruna in Augsburg for the ACL tear he suffered last week," the club said in a statement on their website.

"The knee’s internal cartilage has been sewn up and the operation was concluded successfully."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed May 14, 2014 2:09 pm

Letter from Víctor Valdés

"The time has come for me to say goodbye to you all .

Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to say goodbye playing football, as I would have liked, but that’s life at times, and this year has been a bit cruel to me in this regard.

I’ve had time to look at where I am and what I’ve become. I can only think about the people who helped me to get where I am today. I dedicate this letter to them.

Oriol Tort, José Antonio Pozanco, Juan Manuel Asensi, Ursicinio López, Albert Benaiges, Antonio Olmo, Juan Carlos Pérez Rojo, Pep Segura, Quique Costas, Joan Vilà, Jordi Castel..... the coaches who made me into the athlete I always dreamed I would be. People who turned a ten year old kid into a goalkeeper at the Camp Nou, ten years later. Thank you all!.

Thank you to Louis Van Gaal, for showing the courage necessary to gamble on a talent that only he could see. He began building this historic Barça side, which I have been privileged to be part of. My heartfelt thanks

Thank you Frank Rijkaard, for giving me the confidence necessary, and allowing me to achieve glory, getting my hands on the European Cup in Paris. Wherever you are, I will be indebted to you for the rest of my life Mister.

Thank you Pep, for having opened the door to playing a game that was unknown to me, for guiding me along the road where one has to keep looking for success, and we did it together, right?. We’ll always have that Mister, and believe me, it will be eternal!.

Thank you Tito! Wherever you are, I thank you for having taught us not only the way to keep winning as a team, but also the strength and character needed to face life.

Thanks to all my colleagues with whom I’ve had the pleasure to work with, that involves wearing the Barça crest on our chests day after day, for making me feel important within the group that we developed over all these years. Because it all comes down to this, we are who we are, here and now. Thank you gentlemen!.

And of course I cannot forget the most important people, over these twelve years as a professional, wearing this shirt, my most loyal fans. Those people who, whatever happened, were always there to give me the support that a fighter always needs, proud to be there supporting me in the celebrations, giving your support in every game, sending me the positive energy that I have always felt, which kept me going all this time, because without it, it would have been impossible to do it alone.

Thank you, thank you, and a thousand times, thank you. I ask that you please don’t stop giving me that support.

Forever, FORÇA BARÇA!

Víctor Valdés Arribas".
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Wed May 14, 2014 3:41 pm

i hope camp nou will give Valdes and Puyol a standing ovation before/after the atletico game.

Good bye valdes Sad 
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:39 am

Liverpool to sign Victor Valdes next month provided Spain keeper proves he's over major knee injury

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-sign-victor-valdes-next-4167503#ixzz3CPB4LkNR
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:23 am

Would be very happy with this signing, provided Valdés can recover back to fitness.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:36 am

Great news for him and a solid signing for Liverpool. Will he be first choice?
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:08 am

He has a massive salary. So massive that he quit Barca for money and Monaco ultimately bailed out of their pre contract. Certainly higher than what Reina was on. Unless he's taking a pay cut now because no one is taking him otherwise, this move doesn't make much sense for Liverpool considering how they could have simply kept Reina who is a proven quantity in the EPL. Unlike what Valdes (post ACL injury Valdes in retirement mood at that, remember he wanted to play for Monaco infront of 2000 fans) might produce in England.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:28 am

Fußball wrote:He has a massive salary. So massive that he quit Barca for money and Monaco ultimately bailed out of their pre contract. Certainly higher than what Reina was on. Unless he's taking a pay cut now because no one is taking him otherwise, this move doesn't make much sense for Liverpool considering how they could have simply kept Reina who is a proven quantity in the EPL. Unlike what Valdes (post ACL injury Valdes in retirement mood at that, remember he wanted to play for Monaco infront of 2000 fans) might produce in England.

He's a free agent, he has no salary. If we offer him a contract on our terms and he doesn't accept it, that's fine. As for Reina, I don't think Rodgers fancied keeping him. They had a bit of a fallout a year ago when Reina was loaned to Napoli and wrote a goodbye letter to Liverpool fans and everything. If we're interested in Valdes, I'm sure Rodgers sees him as an upgrade on Reina.

That said, I'm not sure if it's a good idea to try and sign Valdes. Ideally you would have a clear first-choice keeper in your team. While Mignolet has his shaky moments, I don't know if it would send him the right message to sign a keeper with as big a stature as Valdes's.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:05 am

Art Morte wrote: While Mignolet has his shaky moments, I don't know if it would send him the right message to sign a keeper with as big a stature as Valdes's.

How can you blame him after you've seen what's playing infront of him? Laughing

Mignolet is the least of our worries.

Valdes is a great keeper don't get me wrong, but we shouldn't be nowhere near him. His age, wages, and injury, on top of the fact that Mignolet isn't the problem back there, really just shows us failing to identify problems within the squad. We're trying to fix a problem where there isn't one.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:39 am

A GK doesn't lose anything after a an ACL injury, he'll be in the top of his game and should be a clear starter. Great signing for Liverpool. Hope he still has his competitive edge and brings his championing to Liverpool to get them the much anticipated PL.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:47 am

free_cat wrote:A GK doesn't lose anything after a an ACL injury, he'll be in the top of his game and should be a clear starter. Great signing for Liverpool. Hope he still has his competitive edge and brings his championing to Liverpool to get them the much anticipated PL.

I'm sorry but no you can't be anymore more wrong. lol

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:50 am

We have agreed a deal in principle acc to ballague. So clearly wages aren't an issue. Just needs to pass medical next month to tie him up.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:07 am

I feel Valdes is not the kind of guy asking massive wages - probably accepting a wage cut compared to Barça. He left us not because he wanted more money but because he wants a different experience
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:21 pm

Is going to be a great signing. I just hope he's as good as he was before the injury.

One thing I love about this guy is that he puts his life on the line for the team which I've always admired even if I didn't like him much at Barca.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:49 pm

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ
BREAKING: Former @FCBarcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes to train with @ManUtd

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd
Louis van Gaal has offered Victor Valdes a chance to complete his rehabilitation from injury at #mufc.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:39 pm

https://gfycat.com/PlushDisfiguredCygnet @ standard liege

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad how the mighty have fallen
Collblanc
Collblanc