McAgger
Nishankly
Art Morte
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

West Ham v Liverpool Empty West Ham v Liverpool

Post by Art Morte Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:01 pm

So, those of us who fancied it just had the opportunity to watch our next opposition in action as West Ham visited Sunderland. And it was a predictable West Ham display with good defense, gritty midfield, little creativity in attack and their two goals coming from a set-piece and a long ball. They grinded out the win, though, and should be safe from relegation now. Hopefully that will work in our favour.

We've been scoring a lot of goals this season, but West Ham might just be able to keep it tight against us, especially at their own ground. Then again, it shouldn't take much to keep them from scoring as their squad and set-up lacks creativity big time. Just don't concede from set-pieces and I fancy a clean sheet for us. Would also give Sakho a start ahead of Agger for that reason, but doubt it's going to happen.

It feels like a long wait until the game, but when the time comes, let's go and show this lot how to score some actually beautiful goals.

Ps. And fk me if it's a goal from Carroll or Downing (or Joe Cole lol) that would take points off us.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

West Ham v Liverpool Empty Re: West Ham v Liverpool

Post by Nishankly Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:11 pm

We need patience against this team, If its any good news, Collin's wont make it and even Tomkins is a doubt, for what they are worth.

We usually never go to HT without scoring, Would love to see the character of team if we do go nil at the break.

Conceding of a set piece is obvious in this match, We'll need at least 3 goals to secure 3 points. Tough match, make it 9 on a trot!

Sterling and Coutinho were marvelous, But we have seen time and time again that Sterling performs better than Coutinho on the road. But both players are equally needed to break down the Sam's organization, On the other hand Hendo and Gerrard might find it tough against Art's idol Diame. Still expecting the same line up as against Spurs.

YNWA
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:13 pm

Given how West Ham like to sit deep, probably means Raheem will be moved back to the bench and a diamond played again.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:16 pm

Premier League ‏@premierleague 6m

West Ham's @AndyTCarroll: "It's a great feeling to score. All the lads believe we’re safe now - two wins have put us in a great position"

Great attitude, I hope they bring in the same for the game on Sunday. Very Happy
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:39 pm

McAgger wrote:Given how West Ham like to sit deep, probably means Raheem will be moved back to the bench and a diamond played again.

Sterling was our MOM in the reverse fixture at Anfield in December. He was also MOTM yesterday IMO. Nailed on to start.

West Ham are very very slow, so I expect us to hold a high line and compress them in their own half, not allowing Carroll to get close to our box. Their fans booed the team last time around, and won't like us bossing them around, and they are safe now.

United beat them 2-0 with Michael Freaking Carrick as CB.....We really should be looking to be clinical and carve them open. They have been slaughtered by City 3 times this year already, and we play a similar style, so that should go well.

Hopefully we'll go into this game with rest of the top 4 having dropped points again banana

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:13 pm

Hasn't stopped Rodgers from dropping Raheem already even on the back of MOTM performances. We'll see though, whatever Brendan picks is the right line up.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:02 am

Scared of Carroll to be honest. He'd dominate Skrtel + Agger and would probably want revenge because he was forced out of the club after he wanted to prove his worth to Rodgers. :X
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:32 am

Please RA, don't give art any more fodder than he already has.  Razz 
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:02 am

I think initially we should play with such high intensity to scare them away. I am sure, if we get an early goal, they will try to attack more and they will open themselves.

I am also worried about Carroll, may be for this game we need Sakho but I wont change CB partnership of Skrtel-Agger. We need that consistency for good defense for remaining matches. If we dont give FK to them, carroll's strength gets completely nullified. Our defenders have to just make sure that they dont commit foul on Carroll, otherwise he will keep growing in confidence and one of the FK will surely go in. I think we will manage to win this game somehow with a penalty or a FK by Gerrard or Suarez

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:10 am

You should always be scared of Carroll :coffee:

No but, seriously, we should not have too much trouble stopping West Ham before they have the chance to provide service for Carroll. I'm feeling confident that West Ham won't get too many scoring opportunities, especially if we don't concede unnecessary free-kicks and corners.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:42 am

There have been three own goals in the last three Premier League meetings between the Hammers and the Reds.

Glen Johnson has scored in three of his last five Premier League games against former club West Ham, including the last two trips to the Boleyn Ground.

Liverpool have won seven and lost just one of the last 10 Premier League games against West Ham.

Luis Suarez has scored six goals in his last five Premier League matches and is just two away from the Premier League record for a 38-game season (31) held by Alan Shearer (1995-96) and Cristiano Ronaldo (2007-08).

60 per cent of Liverpool’s goals have been scored in the first half, the highest proportion of any team in the top flight this season.

Liverpool have hit the woodwork more times than any other team this season (24), while West Ham’s uprights have been struck the most (20).

Liverpool have scored with one in every five shots attempted this season, a better rate than any other side in the top flight.

Liverpool have dropped more points from winning positions than any other team in the Premier League away from home (12).

72 points after 32 games is a Premier League high for Liverpool and only in 1987-88 have they accrued more in the three-points-for-a-win era (76).

Liverpool have scored 88 goals this season, a record for any team after 32 matches of a Premier League season and have netted in their last 22 games since losing 0-2 away Arsenal

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:18 pm

West ham dont have much pace in their line up and hoof it the moment they have the ball.So with a high line we should be able able to handle Carroll with ease unlike Bony/Lukaku.

Think we will go with the same 4-3-3 as against Spurs.Watched their games against Everton and United. They were beyond woeful offensively and Carroll was near anonymous .Our pace should trouble their defense big time.Will be disappointing if we dont win by atleast 2 clear goals
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:12 pm

there is no way we will win this match, the run of 9 winning matches seems unbelievable. Why I am getting nervous for whether it is Spurs or ManUtd or even West Ham :facepalm: . I hope somehow we nick a win, i am just worried whether we will draw it

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:24 am

Wages to score the winner.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:18 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:there is no way we will win this match, the run of 9 winning matches seems unbelievable. Why I am getting nervous for whether it is Spurs or ManUtd or even West Ham :facepalm:. I hope somehow we nick a win, i am just worried whether we will draw it

Someone please kick this non-believer.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:44 am

COME ON YOU REDS.

ITS IN OUR HANDS NOW
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:18 pm

Man I've had an unbelievably though week. It's finally come to an end and I really really really need Liverpool to make this week a success. Been on the back of my mind the whole time.

I dreamt that Suarez got in a fight with Carroll and got a ban for the last 5 matches. Nightmare of the worst kind Mad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:36 am

Liverpool's Luis Suarez among world's best players - Sam Allardyce

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce has described Liverpool striker Luis Suarez as one of the top two or three players in the world.
Fat Sam ffs. :bow:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:05 am

aaah, even Big Sam playing mind games Smile. This will be another game like that against Sunderland/Fulham. Poise will count more than anything else.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:18 am

"I said from the beginning of the season that I thought they had a great chance of winning the league. I said that from the very start. Having played with Suárez and knowing what's he like, and with them signing Sturridge, who is a great player as well, I told all the lads Liverpool would win it. The way that Suárez and Sturridge connect together is unbelievable. They look unbeatable."

AndyLAD
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:25 am

Proud

6.5 hours until kick-off!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:54 am

Should we rest Gerrard!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:56 pm

For what? No.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:20 pm

Mignolet, Johnson, Flanagan, Sakho, Skrtel, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Suarez, Sturridge

Sakho in, I like that. Sterling and Coutinho also both starting, which is good.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:53 pm

F*CK YOU TAYLOR F*K YOU Mad Mad Mad

Even his linesman called the foul. How can he override the decision if he couldn't shit and his linesman saw the whole thing.

Carroll you c*nt.

Only half time, hopefully we destroy them
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down