Helmer
Abramovich
mr-r34
Curtinho
DeletedUser#1
22 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Liverpool vs. Manchester City - The Dream Empty Liverpool vs. Manchester City - The Dream

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:27 am

Liverpool vs. Manchester City - The Dream Screen26

Well.

Remember when we were kids, and our elders used to ask us what'd you like to become growing up? I heard all sort of different answers from kids around myself. I wanted to become a football (soccer) player, my cousin wanted to become a car dealership owner, the other cousin wanted to be an astronaut, the sister of my best friend would go on about her dreams of becoming an architect and the list would go on. We had a dream. It may have changed over time, but we had a dream. We'd think about it and smile. It gave us a reason to fight, to improve, and to believe. It wasn't only us who had a dream. Fantine had a dream as well. She had a dream of a world where men were kind, voice soft, and their words inviting. She didn't get her dream. But she dreamed. Marin Luther King had a dream as well, didn't he? Not only him, but Nelson Mandela had a dream too. He had dreams of seeing his boyhood nation free of apartheid and everyone treated the same. He suffered for his dream for decades, until it came true. We've all had dreams. It's amazing when dreams come true. Isn't it ?

Well, this is our dream. I don't know about you, but when I started following Liverpool in 1999, I read that they haven't won a league title in 9 years. Immediately I thought it'd be awesome to celebrate it when it finally comes back. It was a 9 year draught back then. I followed the reds after seeing a short English man from Chester score an amazing solo goal vs. Argentina in World Cup and top of his top performances with a boss as f*ck penalty. I followed him, and his club as a result. My dream started back then. That was the dream. Fast forward 15 years later, and the dream is close. It's closer that it has ever been for 24 years. I can feel it, I can touch it....will I be able to grab it? kiss it? embrace it?

I am sure this isn't only my dream. This is your dream as well. After all, it's the reason we have been together through thick and thin in lithium and other forums for the past 5 years. We are a family. We are close. And we all have one common dream. It's the dream that has kept us together. McAgger's a big dreamer. He was the first who dared to dream this season. Fair play to him. Red Alert and mrr-34 are also big dreamers. They not only dream about their countryman Margot Robbie, they dream about Liverpool too. They dream about that elusive league title. They dream about Steven Gerrard finally lifting that god damn trophy. Leaving Australia, let's go to the Nordic. Art-Morte is a dreamer. He may be drinking vodka for breakfast, and get a morning boner at prospect of a Paul Lambert managed-side signing Andy Carroll, but nevertheless, he is a dreamer. He dreams about us winning the league too. He dreams about the fist of relief we will all have once we score that all important goal. Moving back to Asia, Nishank, Fahim, BeautifulGame and Iftikhar are dreamers too. They are big big dreamers. Fahim is the biggest dreamer. He is our cheer leader. He was the second man who dared to dream here. They've travelled thousands of miles to see us play at Anfield. Why? Because it was a dream for them. They dreamed and they tried hard to realize their dream. Now this is another dream. If one dream could be realized, why not another ? Heil Mein and Arq are our European dreamers. One has a countdown list for number of days until Oktoberfest, while other is anti-drinking, and polishes his body by exercise and sharing his masculinity with women. They dream about different things, but they dream. They will be dreaming this sunday as well. I have no doubt. Our new coming posters are dreamers too. El Cujo and Busterlfc are dreamers. They've joined our family, and we all dream. Otherwise, we have no business being here. Speaking of all, fellow Americans Donttreadonred and RedOranje are one of the biggest dreamers as well. Stevieg08 literally has wet dreams about "MUST WIN" games on bidaily basis. RedO in particular, Not only does he dream of seeing me online on Skype every other day, he dreams of seeing Liverpool win the league as well. He dreams of us being champions. He dreams of us being the best. You know who else is dreaming? EXTREMIST ENIGMA. Yea man, the man is up there with the top dreamers. I can see it. I can read his posts in his voice. He is up for it man. We have a lot of other dreamers here as well. Poolsupporter, he dreams of Liverpool when he pursues photography. I'm sorry if I missed someone. But if you're reading this, and are a Liverpool fan. You're a god damn dreamer. Make no mistakes.

I dream about a lot of things. When I was a kid, I dreamed of being a footballer. After realizing, other than outpacing people once in a while and elbowing players at DM position, I don't have much football talent, I dreamt of becoming an actor. I could see myself being as handsome and good as Leo Dicaprio. It didn't work out. Then I dreamed of living in Scandinavia. Finally, it was a dream I could realize. It felt amazing. Then I dreamed of dating a girl who already had a boyfriend. My dream failed. I was heartbroken. but I kept fighting. I dreamed of being a teacher next. I got my dream realized teaching English in Poland. I dreamed of mating with Polish women. It was given to me. I next dreamt of being lucky to one day visit King Bobby Fischer's grave in Iceland. I'll be realizing my dream in 3rd week of May. It's life. Sometimes your dreams are realized, sometimes they're not. But what's important, is that you keep believing and keep fighting. There is a famous like in the movie Cast Away where Chuck Noland (Tom Hanks says): "Tomorrow, the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"

Sunday, is the 25th anniversary of 96 fellow Liverpool fans, who like ourselves dared to dream and went to watch their beloved team, to never come back home from Sheffield in April 1989. Not only did they lose their lives, but they had their legacy and reputation tarnished by government cover ups, agenda news papers, and lies spread by Maggie Thatcher's government (May she rot in hell). It's been quarter of a century. They are not physically with us. But they are up there watching. They will be watching the game. Anne Williams will be watching the game. They will be dreaming too. They'll be looking to smile at the end of the game as well. We are all dreaming. Alive or dead, male or female....everyone associated with Liverpool FC will dream on Sunday. Sir bob and Bill Shankly will. Why wouldn't we? We have a team full of players with heart of lion, aggression of tiger, Determination of ants, and Flexibility of cats. It's the perfect combination. We want it. We want it more than those mercenary blue Mancs. There is no way they'll be dreaming as hard as we are. and TRUST ME, it will count come the game. Who wants it more, who is dreaming more, and who's more determined to realize their dream.

Sunday is our day. We have waited for an occasion like this for years. My friends, it's finally here. Dare to dream, and we will come out victorious.

You'll never walk alone.

Liverpool vs. Manchester City - The Dream Screen23

Liverpool vs. Manchester City - The Dream Screen24

Here is my personal voice message to you guys for Sunday. It'll be nice if everyone can leave a confidence boosting inspiring message as well, no matter how short. You can do it on www.vocaroo.com

[spoiler]http://vocaroo.com/i/s09MpQNqrntq  

Last edited by Natalie Portman on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:38 pm; edited 3 times in total

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Liverpool vs. Manchester City - The Dream Empty Re: Liverpool vs. Manchester City - The Dream

Post by Curtinho Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:12 am

YNWA!!! Buckle up lads because this is it. I firmly believe that the winner of this match will go on to win the PL so it's time to show our support and really be that 12th man on the pitch and from our homes!!

I posted this in another topic just thinking about the match:

I wonder what kind of midfield Rodgers is going to be fielding against City. Obviously Henderson and Gerrard are locks, but does he start Coutinho, Lucas or Allen? They're all viable options that bring some slightly different elements to the midfield, but if I'm being honest while Couthinho is one of my very favourite players I think he'd be best served for this match-up as a substitute.

Johnson - Skrtel - Sakho - Falanagan
Henderson - Gerrard (DM) - Lucas
Sturridge - Suarez - Sterling

That would be my starting XI, and then having Coutinho as someone we can sub on if we need to score, and Allen for Sterling if we need to control the tempo in the middle a little more and play defensively.

Just IMO. We're on the road folks. It's been sublime to watch these lads out there every game on this run (and really, this whole season).
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Liverpool vs. Manchester City - The Dream Empty Re: Liverpool vs. Manchester City - The Dream

Post by mr-r34 Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:52 am

This Thread  Proud Proud Proud

Sepi has delivered  Proud Proud Proud

I honestly think all but 2 positions are locked up for this game.

I'd follow El Cujo but swap Agger for Sahko.

mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:37 am

I honestly think we will give you a tougher game and that you will beat City, but saying that our away form is dodgy but I'm thinking back to the time we went to ethihad and spanked City.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:18 pm

Dreaming  drunken 

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:51 pm

Proud Proud Proud Proud Proud
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:28 pm

It's another Sepi Special  cheers 

At this point, there is no option but to dream if you're a Liverpool fan. Some of us started to dream earlier than others, but now we're all doing it.

I remember when the season was about to start in August, I was getting, again, that usual pre-season optimism that most football fans probably get. "This could be our season". Only that by "this being our season", I was thinking of the dream of making the top four. That dream lies now, realized, in the shadow of a much, much bigger one.

What's curious is that our first three PL games were 1 - 0 wins. Yet in 2014 we've scored less than 2 goals in only one Premier League game, the 1 - 1 draw at the Hawthorns. We've come a long way in the course of this season as a team. It has culminated in our current nine-game win streak in the league.

Manchester City are the best team out of those we've already faced in 2014, but I'm not afraid of them at Anfield. They will ask us some questions, I'm sure, but I'm also confident that we'll be posing more of them.

As for the line-up, if Allen was supposed to start the West Ham game but got a knock, maybe he'll be in Rodgers' plans again for this game if he's fit. Personally I'd be tempted to go with Coutinho - Sterling must start, imo - but either way should be OK. I would keep Sakho in defence. The rest are obvious.

Let's make that win streak to double digits.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:42 pm

Sepp <3

Agger shouldn't start, He always take a match to get back to his usual best. Sakho needs to continue.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:57 pm

My name is in caps.. wat Proud :bow:
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:08 am

Sad

Edit: Thumbs up

Last edited by stevieg8 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:26 am

stevieg8 wrote:Sad

Knew I missed a big one. Sorted out in the OP Wink

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:02 am

Liverpool vs. Manchester City - The Dream 18353826

COME ON RED MENNNN
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:11 am

Liverpool have won ALL four home meetings with fellow members of the top 7 so far this season, scoring 14 and conceding just once.

Man City have only won one of their previous 16 BPL matches at Anfield (D5 L10), with that win coming back in May 2003!

This game sees the meeting between the two higest scoring sides in the PL this season - Liverpool (90) and Man City (84).

Only three sides have scored more PL goals in a season than Liverpool this term (90), including Man City in their title winning campaign in 2012 (93). NOTE: We have 5 (or 6?) games still to play.

This game will see the two players with the most goals from dead ball situations in the PL this season (free kicks and penalties) - Steven Gerrard (12) and Yaya Toure (10).

Gerrard has also provided the most assists from dead ball situations this season in the PL with 7.

Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero has scored in 5 successive PL appearances and has netted 6 times in his last 6 away games in the competition. (He's a boyhood Liverpool fan, he's not scoring this time around. Proud)

The only forward partnership in PL history to score more goals than SAS (49) is Peter Beardsley and Andy Cole for Newcastle in 93/94 (55).

Since he joined City in 2011, David Silva has the most assists than any other player in the competiton (39) - four more than the next best Rooney (35).

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:21 am

Premier League: Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho ready to face Manchester City

"Of course this could be the biggest match Liverpool have played in 24 years," Sakho is quoted by several newspapers.

"Of course this could be the biggest match Liverpool have played in 24 years. You win three points but it's worth a lot more. It is a match that will place the winner in the best position to win the title."

Mamadou Sakho

"You win three points but it's worth a lot more. It is a match that will place the winner in the best position to win the title.

"I hope we win. In any case we are ready for combat. We play at home and have our fans behind us. We will give everything.

"Ever since I arrived at the club, I said it. I told my team-mates that we are capable of winning the title.

"We have the quality and we just have to believe it. And - voila! - as the season progressed we saw Liverpool grow in strength playing such beautiful football.

"We've not stolen the position where we are today. We deserve to be where we are. We are confident about facing their strikers. City score a lot of goals but so do we.

"It will be two beautiful attacks against two strong defences. It's a top match pitting two top teams against each other fighting for the title.

"I have not spoken a lot about matches before we play them. We will see on D-day who is better prepared to take the points.

"The last time Liverpool won the title I was four months old and now I am 24 - I had just been born. Honestly, we will give everything until the last second of the last match."

He added: "Rodgers manages to get the maximum out of every player. It's hugely important and not every coach has that charisma.

"He must keep all the players interested and each time he calls up a player they respond with a performance. Like I did at West Ham.

"It's been four months and I haven't played with injury. I had the chance to express myself, and I was there. I felt like a lion before the match. It had been four months and I was hungry to come back strongly."
*fap*fap*fap* cheers
Brendan :bow:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:46 pm

Imagine if we win, and then watch drunkenly as Jonjo Shelvey gets Mourinho's team down as well Proud.

Just checking, no one here other than Red Alert likes that attention seeking Portugese prick, right ? Please tell me.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:15 pm

I hate him and that club and most of the fans.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:18 pm

RA  :facepalm: 
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:18 pm

I can appreciate him for the things he has achieved in football and he manages to get result many times like yesterday. But I still think he is a c*** and I hate him

Edit:: but I hope we dont end up making this thread as another Maau appreciation thread and please concentrate on our game against City

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:21 pm

There's no one I hate more than Mourinho in football. Even Evra is a saint next to him.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:45 pm

I dunno...hard not to respect Mourinho TBQH.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:51 pm

El Cujo wrote:I dunno...hard not to respect Mourinho TBQH.

wuttttt

There is absolutely nothing to respect about that abortion of a human being. When he dies, he'll join Saddams and Gaddafis of this world in hell (if one exists, that is)

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:42 am

Natalie Portman wrote:Imagine if we win, and then watch drunkenly as Jonjo Shelvey gets Mourinho's team down as well Proud.

Just checking, no one here other than Red Alert likes that attention seeking Portugese prick, right ? Please tell me.
I do. He's a loudmouth at times.. yeah.. but there's no denying that he's a GOAT manager.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:46 am

Steven Gerrard is not agree with these negative comments on portoguese , My number one manager is Mourinho
Proud:coffee:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:47 am

^^ Stalin was a GOAT dictator, same as Kim-Jung-Il. It doesn't make them like-able and respect-worthy though.

We've flushed a lot of turds and filth this year, and it's just destined that Jose's ugly face and his dirt team will be the last piece of shit flushed this season. I hope he cries in the end of the game.

I have more respect for Alex freaking Ferguson than this hell-bound prick.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:49 am

Robespierre wrote:Steven Gerrard is not agree with these negative comments on portoguese , My number one manager is Mourinho
Proud:coffee:

He's never said that though. When I went to Anfield, Mourinho is the most hated man there. I genuinely think no match-going fan will renew their season ticket if he ever became our manager.

It's just like how Barca fans feel about him.

It's telling that sc*mbag human beings like Terry and Materazzi (Sorry Robes :coffee: ) worship him as a manager, yet utter class and gentlemen one like Casillas despise his personality and methods.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next