Helmer
Abramovich
mr-r34
Curtinho
DeletedUser#1
22 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Liverpool vs. Manchester City - The Dream - Page 4 Empty Re: Liverpool vs. Manchester City - The Dream

Post by McAgger Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:45 pm

https://vine.co/v/MJe0zX5mgnH

YES I cried like a baby and I'm not ashamed.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Liverpool vs. Manchester City - The Dream - Page 4 Empty Re: Liverpool vs. Manchester City - The Dream

Post by Arquitecto Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:55 pm

Hard to even comment on this game. Right from the inception of the game in the process of walking out of the tunnel, where You'll Never Walk Alone surging Liverpudlian energy into our teams veins and the remembrance of the deceased 96, we knew that the game would be off to a bang.

I was happy with the 1st half as City gave us ample space. Silva could not press Gerrard as he decided to drift to the wing with Navas thus allowing Coutinho space to roam, while Gerrard made forays unbound for deep. Henderson was starved of a concrete role hence resorted deep and rather looking uncomfortable. Yet the pace on our flanks did not allow City enough possession to split down central where there was too many gaps in our backline.

Suarez' pass for Sterling was routine for his game as Gerrard spreading width allow a flat-footed City backline to allow that opportune moment. Sterling's goal showed us two things; one that his composure and ability to finish has improved leaps and bounds, his quick switch of zones leaving Kompany dearth of dexterity thus open space on the far post. On the other hand, it shows once again that Sterling needs to improve his non-existent left foot, to which could have been used on the initial chance to slot it past left, the optimum option.

2nd goal was Skrtel and typical Skrtel vs City or any big game. He must be the highest scoring CB in the EPL if not Europe, if I am not correct.

Yet for all the scintillating pace and accuracy in the final third, was continued to leave gaps in our backline. Skrtel and Sakho individually working well yet not as a unit given the central gap was exploited by Silva as Gerrard tracking back was man to man and not screening the defence as a whole.

I knew nigh 2nd half Pellegrini would at least see those given how tactically poor City were in the first. Until our Coutinho goal we were bombarded (and extremely lucky) by City's exploitation of Glenno's flank, how they did not finish it is beyond me. Which sets the point that Johnson contributing very little in the final third (though the system makes it difficult for him) is continuing to be a defensive liability as his inability to track back and position himself stretched our defence pulling Skrtel out of his zone and leaving cavernous space for City. It was shambolic as only Sakho's brilliant positioning, Skrtel's continual aerial dominance and a lot of last-ditch decisions kept us in. I am compelled to demand a more organized defence as we do not press when we need to and when we do, it is not needed; leaving room for the opposition to carve out chances.

Coutinho's goal a result of Kompany's dire mistake was surprising considering his lack of production from his shots, yet the technique required to finish that Kaka-esque goal of his past Hart summed up how he scores in the moments you least expect. He is our hero vs City especially given he scored the only goal in Manchester in January.

MOTM for me had to be Martin Skrtel. Was risky in defence and lack composure yet all the things he DID do right in defence along with his vital goal manifested a complete performance from the CB who has been in tremendous form in the last month and a half.

What left a sour note was Henderson's horrendous tackle leading to a deserved red and Sturridge's hamstring injury that can leave him out 2-4 weeks(?)

Post-game Gerrard struck to be the most emotional given the dual-occasion of the game and the memorial, summarizing the leadership he showed pre-game, during the game and his unusual reaction after the game. During the huddle in which the camera man were kind enough to intrude in, Gerrard quite clearly tempered our joy in reminding us that the season is not over. His post-game interview in which he refused "to dream" by saying "not yet" and saying "we haven't won anything yet" is a testament to his surging leadership under Rodger's this season. He seemed possessed, driven and focusing purely on the next occasion taking us closer to the Premier League's most important game.

And I would like to thank Sepi for his inspiring preview to which indeed had me dream all week and before the game; instead of my usual football superstitions and scepticism. Your previews are important to us, Sep. We'll need the best one yet before Chelsea.

YNWA
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:57 pm

The dream continues..

4 cup finals left
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:11 pm

Henderson's red is a worrying set-back, when looking at it now that I'm calmed down a bit. That's a three-match ban, right? So he'll only be available in a month's time, on the final day against Newcastle... Luckily Lucas and Allen are fit, but filling Hendo's boots in his role is a big ask... Most I feel sorry is the man himself, he has shown such passion that it must be awful for him to not be able to take part in our next three games Neutral
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:26 pm

Good quality highlights for you guys here:

http://eurofootballweb.com/liverpool-vs-manchester-city-highlights/

or direct link:
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1o3apv_liverpool-vs-manchester-city-fulltime-extended-highlights_sport

and rutube version:

http://rutube.ru/video/f77cf3051236c1e320b77b4e9d083247/

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:10 am

If Sturridge is out for more than 1 week, were going to have a bad time. Bloody henderson FFS, don't understand why he went in like that fml, could be very costly.

4 cup finals #makeusdream
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:53 am

Liverpool vs. Manchester City - The Dream - Page 4 13834000965_60aafebf6c_o

Liverpool vs. Manchester City - The Dream - Page 4 13834366123_661afc9b95_o

Liverpool vs. Manchester City - The Dream - Page 4 13833922113_d7f093ff04_o

Liverpool vs. Manchester City - The Dream - Page 4 13834529864_568499ccd3_o

Liverpool vs. Manchester City - The Dream - Page 4 13834400214_11f13bc1ff_o
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:05 am

Rodgers going with the diamond this game until late on when Sturridge got injured when we reverted to 4-3-3. Interestingly think we'll go the same against CHelsea.

Hendo is definitely out of that game, Sturridge is a doubt at the moment. So BR would probably go if he plays the diamond.

Mignolet
Johnson - Skrtel - Sakho - Flanagan
Gerrard
Lucas ------- Allen
Coutinho
Suarez ---- Sterling

Might see Agger come back in as well.

In Brendan we trust. cheers
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:16 am

Still on an emotional high.

Too much awesome in that game. Didn't like the way that we got put on our heels in the 2nd, but Coutinho delivered and that's all that matters now.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:12 am

My voice is gone, don't know how I'm gonna go to work tomorrow given that my job requires constant communication.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:07 am

McAgger wrote:My voice is gone, don't know how I'm gonna go to work tomorrow given that my job requires constant communication.

same. I am screwed. Can't talk, and keep drinking tea.

@Arq, o yea, can't wait for Chelsea preview. I'll have something nasty and special for that absolute abortion of football club and their sub-human manager.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:00 am

Massive massive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 points but we've really hurt ourselves in the last 4 games. Hendo out for 3 games is a HUGE out. Suarez almost got himself sent off... Sturridge injured. :X

Story of two halves; absolutely dominated them in the first and then got dominated in the second.

Gave City far too much respect / freedom to do whatever they want after half time. We're very lucky to be honest, City could of went 3-2 up when Aguero played in Silva but played it inches too far. Bringing them into the game was very stupid; I'm not sure if the players are tired or managers instuctions, but that was terrible. Some-what glad City equalized 2-2 early to be honest, that seemed to give us a kick up the arse to get going again. Any later, and who knows what would of happened.

Sterling and Coutinho easily our best.

Crazy run in.

Oh, and Joe Allen lacks balls.

Also, how has NO ONE mentioned Gerrard's post game celebrations? He was in tears, and his speech gave me an adrenaline rush, I couldn't sleep ffs! Proud Had 2 hours sleep before having to wake up to go to work... but well worth it.

Red Alert wrote:
Really wish Coutinho had an end product with his shots too. Sad

You're a dickhead.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:19 am

Red Alert wrote:
Had 2 hours sleep before having to wake up to go to work... but well worth it.

Red Alert wrote:
Really wish Coutinho had an end product with his shots too. Sad

You're a dickhead.

I felt your pain

I still believe he doesn't as of yet :coffee:

Any news on the Sturridge injury yet.

Every time i watch that hendo red card :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: 

Can't believe it, i have a feeling it will cost us.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:42 am

McAgger, if you can make gifs of the game without too much trouble, see if you can find Skrtel slapping his face like 10 seconds before the 2nd half kicked off eco smile

Another moment that struck me as funny was on the 48th or 49th minute when Sterling did brilliantly to run through City's midfield only to have a comical shot miles off target x)
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:36 pm

Am I the only one, who feels Studge injury will help himself and us both to get him back on form for Chelsea game. He doesnt realise that he is having a bad game and tries to overdo everything when it is an off day and so his influence on the game reduces drastically. If he is benched for the next game, he will come back sharp against Chelsea. One more thing I hope, he isnt injured for long and I think it didnt look so bad. We will need him against Chelsea.

Btw, hendo's obvious replacement looks like Allen. Till now whenever we have missed one of the player we have coped very well and BR will find some solution to it. Btw, the tackle was noa cynical one so is it possible to reduce his ban to only 1 match if we appeal or anything can be done about it hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:03 pm

Watched this match with 150 crazy kopites!!

MASSIVE GAME! AMAZING ATMOSPHERE!!!

WE ARE CHAMPIONS!!!!  :bow: :bow: 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:31 am

Fantastic . Proud
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4