Mamad
Zealous
LeVersacci
FalcaoPunch
Onyx
27 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Copa del Rey: *El Clasico* Barcelona vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Copa del Rey: *El Clasico* Barcelona vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by Freeza Thu 17 Apr - 1:26:04

Thimmy wrote:And as always, Benz is awesome at link-up play, and could do nothing about his squandered chances. Had he scored on one of them, he would've been praised as man of the match  Rolling Eyes 
And if Benz wasn't playing we wouldn't have scored the first. Please stop with the Benz hate, he didn't have any huge chances, sure he could've scored a few. But none of them was certain 100% chances.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Copa del Rey: *El Clasico* Barcelona vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Copa del Rey: *El Clasico* Barcelona vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by Doc Thu 17 Apr - 1:31:49

To be technical, if it weren't for Isco's interception and Bale actually making the right pass to him, the goal wouldn't have scored. I agree with what GL veteran Thimmy says but at the same time, his performance was pretty good despite his shitty performance in front of goal.

On a lighter note, that is Thimmy, Kev and Yuri who makes an appearance. Wonder who would make a guest appearance next...?!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Magic Spray Thu 17 Apr - 1:51:17

Congratulations gentlemen. Now lets take care of business in the CL and make this a season to remember.
Magic Spray
Magic Spray
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu 17 Apr - 2:07:31

Florentino Pérez gave his opinion on the final against Barcelona and showed his satisfaction at the new title: “We had to dig deep, it was a thrilling game against a top-class opponent and we won through a lot of hard work and sacrifice.

Everyone played very well. It was a celebration of football, the whole world was watching and that's good for Spanish football, not just for Madrid and Barcelona”.

“I would like to congratulate Barcelona on the match, I think they played very well, and their fans, whose behaviour was perfect. Also our players and fans because we came here to win another Copa del Rey and we've done it”.

Next goals
“It is great to have the first title. It boosts our confidence to keep fighting for our goals, such as the tenth European Cup and to win La Liga, because we still have a chance and we are going to make the most of it”.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Thu 17 Apr - 2:18:28

Valkyrja wrote:
Nedved wrote:Zealous - Club Supported - Barca?

he's the most madridista guy on GL man.

btw, amazing performance by the entire team bar Modric. Carvajal, Di Maria and Bale were a notch above the rest though.

Well, His profile says Barcelona. Take a look. Hacked? Smile

Hope CR7 is back against Bayern or does it matter. May be yes , may be not Smile
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu 17 Apr - 2:37:21

Freeza wrote:
Thimmy wrote:And as always, Benz is awesome at link-up play, and could do nothing about his squandered chances. Had he scored on one of them, he would've been praised as man of the match  Rolling Eyes 
And if Benz wasn't playing we wouldn't have scored the first. Please stop with the Benz hate, he didn't have any huge chances, sure he could've scored a few. But none of them was certain 100% chances.

I'm not necessarily referring to this game, in particular. I'm talking about how we keep forgiving him for his overall lack of efficiency. I used to make threads in defence of Benzema's poor performances, that were so long that they would make your eyes bleed. That was 5 years ago. His development has hardly been substantial - if anything, he's completely lost the killer instinct that he had when he played for Lyon, when the team was based around him. If anyone is guilty of wasting chances and breaking up attacks consistently, it's Benzema. But as soon as he scores on one of the many chances that are being served on a platter for him, people are quick to forgive him. It's not just once, that he has squandered a big chance that could've been decisive for the outcome of the match, he's been doing it relatively consistently over the past 5 years. I really wanted Benzema to fit into this club, this system, to play on a level that is expected of a club like Real Madrid, but no.. I've waited 5 years for him to fulfil his potential, and he's nowhere near where I had expected him to be, 5 years ago.. no, 7 years ago. I chose this particular time to criticise him, because I'm sure I'd get the "butthurt" treatment if it had been after a loss  Razz 
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu 17 Apr - 2:54:36

Well this is the wrong time to criticize him lmao. Last half of the season he was screwing up. But he's still up there with goals scored in 2014 with CR. Ronaldo aint efficient either dude. Neither is bale.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Thu 17 Apr - 3:49:58

Here are some good quality 10 minute highlights for you guys:

http://eurofootballweb.com/barcelona-vs-real-madrid-copa-del-rey-final-highlights/

or here's the direct link:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1owrtn_barcelona-real-madrid-copa-final-highlights_sport
and
http://rutube.ru/video/9591047e13eadcb76b06d4068779ff31/

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu 17 Apr - 5:05:04

Bale ffs, what a run and what a goal.. Been waiting for dat kind of goal from him.. Has to be the fastest player in the world  :bow: 
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Thu 17 Apr - 5:46:20

What a goal and beyond ecstatic that we won.
But we really need to consider that it isn't right not making more of the opportunities we had with the ball.

It seemed almost too easy to get the ball in Barcelona's own half to crest scoring oppurtunities but we would bottle them. Definitely something to improve on but thank god for Bale and dat pace
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu 17 Apr - 7:11:02

Nedved wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:
Nedved wrote:Zealous - Club Supported - Barca?

he's the most madridista guy on GL man.

btw, amazing performance by the entire team bar Modric. Carvajal, Di Maria and Bale were a notch above the rest though.

Well, His profile says Barcelona. Take a look. Hacked? Smile

Hope CR7 is back against Bayern or does it matter. May be yes , may be not Smile

A mod changed it lol

I haven't bothered to change it back because he'll probably do it again Laughing
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Thu 17 Apr - 8:00:33

@ Zealous - Sounds like one pissed off Barca mod or Did Barca buy you as they can't buy any players next season...ouchh Very Happy
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Thu 17 Apr - 11:21:32

benz need to work on his finishing, then he's near perfect Very Happy

terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu 17 Apr - 12:22:13

Excellent game. For once we actually had tactics and defended like a team. There were still a couple of scares here and there like the Neymar post shot buy overall I liked how we defended the lead. We didn't bunker up near our penalty box inviting barca instead we kept a high midfield of four which pressed their midfielders and a front two which worked tirelessly

Isco ffs :bow: kid has come a long way, he went from defensive ineptness and selfishness to someone who kept that left side secure and dribbled himself out of anything Barca put up.

No complaints from me other than we kept playing long balls when we don't have target men in our team other than Morata so in essence we were just giving posession back to barca. On alot of occasions we passed ourselves out of some heavy pressuring so the work Carlo is putting in seems to have worked off

hala madrid
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu 17 Apr - 14:48:25

Isco had the most successful tackles in the game :bow:

Despite being booked in the third minute eco smile
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu 17 Apr - 15:58:18

Real Madrid sealed its 19th Copa de España in the Mestalla. Carlo Ancelotti showed his satisfaction at winning his first title with the Whites. “I didn't have a score to settle. I'm happy to have won this competition. We deserved it because we had a good run and today was very difficult because we were playing against a very strong team. We won through hard work and we had chances to put the match to bed in the second half”.

“I'm just happy for both the players and the fans. I'm happy to have been here and experienced this spectacle. Now it is time to celebrate with the fans. Tonight was great because of the atmosphere. The fans helped us a lot. It was a spectacle on and off the pitch”.

Tactical analysis
“We tried to apply pressure up front, to have control of the game and make the most of counters. In the first half we were giving the ball away when we should have had more possession. We did a great job in defence. In the middle of the pitch we were looking to defend with four players to avoid through balls". "Then it's easier to control that. We prepared a team with four midfielders when we were defending, but we were attacking as always, with Bale on the wing and the full-backs going forward”.

Bale and Isco
“It is certainly the most important goal of Bale's career. It came at a decisive point of the match. Everyone played very well because they did so as a team. To beat Barcelona you have to play like that, compact and as a team”. "Isco is really on form and he adds to our ability to control the game and have possession. We tried to control the game and we have a lot of quality in that regard. He hasn't played many minutes and he is fresher than the others”.

THE ATMOSPHERE PRODUCED BY BOTH SETS OF FANS WAS FANTASTIC AND IT WAS A SPECTACLE BOTH ON AND OFF THE PITCH.

“There is no need to judge this team on this title. The team is having a great season and it is clear that we had to win something. We have started well and now we're going to fight for the other titles. In Italy it is not such an important competition as in England and Spain. Playing in the final with a Clásico is very significant and we are in the fight to win every competition”.

Di María's hard work
“The absence of Cristiano Ronaldo provided a lot of motivation for the rest to give their all. Di María worked very hard today. We have a week to get him back and we have injured players who can recover. In one week we can come back fully charged for the match against Bayern”.

The team's response after the equaliser
“There's no time to think. All you can do is check that the team do not let their heads drop. At that point we suffered a little, but in the end everything was fine. When they equalised anything could have happened. We did not give our opponents any chances. We defended well, but anything could have happened after the equaliser”.

Regarding Barcelona
“Everyone says they are at the end of a cycle, but playing them is very tough. In a season there are times at which you do not have the luck you need to win, but in my opinion the team is not finished. It is a very dangerous team. Not everything has gone well for them this season, but they still have La Liga and they're going to fight until the end for it. All three teams have a chance of winning the league”.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu 17 Apr - 16:07:19

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu 17 Apr - 16:08:41

Gareth Bale: Is 1 of just 4 players to have reached double figures for both goals and assists in La Liga this season (Messi, Rakitic, Vela)

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu 17 Apr - 16:50:22

Copa del Rey: *El Clasico* Barcelona vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 3 BlblBf9CUAA8thx

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu 17 Apr - 16:54:10

Thimmy wrote:
Freeza wrote:

I'm not necessarily referring to this game, in particular. I'm talking about how we keep forgiving him for his overall lack of efficiency. I used to make threads in defence of Benzema's poor performances, that were so long that they would make your eyes bleed. That was 5 years ago. His development has hardly been substantial - if anything, he's completely lost the killer instinct that he had when he played for Lyon, when the team was based around him. If anyone is guilty of wasting chances and breaking up attacks consistently, it's Benzema. But as soon as he scores on one of the many chances that are being served on a platter for him, people are quick to forgive him. It's not just once, that he has squandered a big chance that could've been decisive for the outcome of the match, he's been doing it relatively consistently over the past 5 years. I really wanted Benzema to fit into this club, this system, to play on a level that is expected of a club like Real Madrid, but no.. I've waited 5 years for him to fulfil his potential, and he's nowhere near where I had expected him to be, 5 years ago.. no, 7 years ago. I chose this particular time to criticise him, because I'm sure I'd get the "butthurt" treatment if it had been after a loss  Razz 

I agree with that, Benzema's all round play is good, however he definitely isn't clinical at all. We just have to hope he scores when it matters from now on.

If he ends up missing crucial chances, then I can see us selling him and getting someone else, possibly Suarez or Aguero.

Anyway overall a lot of our players have some sort of weakness, so hopefully they're all fixed for the important part of the season. tongue

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu 17 Apr - 16:57:16

Aguero????? rofl So he can be injured for 35 games and pocket all that money. We should steer well clear of that midget. Now that Benzema is getting that many chances his finishing will improve. I bet he was focusing on just passing and link up under Mourinho because he knew he wouldn't get many chances. Zidane seems to have worked him well because he takes his own shots now both from inside and outside the box. If he manages to add aggressiveness in the box and off the ball runs he is going to be our ideal striker who can do it all. if we manage to get to the final and the last matchday from winning the league I would leave the squad as it is. no point trying to fix whats not broken

Coentrao seems to be playing well as well. And I like the fact he got applause when he was subbed vs Almeria, they are showing him their appreciation which he was complaining about last season

anyways this summed up the game:

Copa del Rey: *El Clasico* Barcelona vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 3 10259784_1016398365067046_1288061545303232469_n
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu 17 Apr - 17:10:04

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri 18 Apr - 15:10:04

Copa del Rey: *El Clasico* Barcelona vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 3 1397737069_extras_albumes_0

ANIMO JESE
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri 18 Apr - 15:49:08

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri 18 Apr - 20:30:16

halamadrid2 wrote:Excellent game. For once we actually had tactics and defended like a team. There were still a couple of scares here and there like the Neymar post shot buy overall I liked how we defended the lead. We didn't bunker up near our penalty box inviting barca instead we kept a high midfield of four which pressed their midfielders and a front two which worked tirelessly

Isco ffs :bow:kid has come a long way, he went from defensive ineptness and selfishness to someone who kept that left side secure and dribbled himself out of anything Barca put up.

No complaints from me other than we kept playing long balls when we don't have target men in our team other than Morata so in essence we were just giving posession back to barca. On alot of occasions we passed ourselves out of some heavy pressuring so the work Carlo is putting in seems to have worked off

hala madrid

you close your eyes every time benzema controls those long passes and create a chance?
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri 18 Apr - 21:45:53

You close yours every time he misses one apparently lol His finishing was sub par.

Anyway Benzema was great in the first 20 minutes then started to fade off a little bit. Overall though he was very good and put in a great effort.

His assist for Di Maria was fantastic so he was decisive as well.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next