Atlanta

2 posters

Go down

Atlanta Empty Atlanta

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:44 am

What's everyone's thoughts on this?

Personally I'm not all that thrilled with the current set up. Owned by an NFL team, playing on terf

Geographically speaking this needed to happen for mls, but this feels a bit too soon.

Hopefully the announcement tomorrow is something good. A name/ colors would be nice rather than an hour of nothing like the Beckham announcement
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Atlanta Empty Re: Atlanta

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:00 am

l hear that the name might be Atlanta Firebirds.. Which l absolutely hate..

Too similar to falcons, and America has way too many sports teams named after some type of bird.

l really hope the Atlanta Apollos name comes back.. l know a lot of the old NASL names were kind of crap.. But damn, they certainly had some kick ass ones, and Apollos was just another classic. Would be perfect, not many professional sports teams in the US has a name like it.

Another one l heard suggested was Atlanta Hearts, or Heart of Atlanta, which would be pretty cool as well.

Apparently after making the first post they confirmed that the color scheme will be Red and Gold and start in 2017.. Hopefully we know more by tomorrow
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:30 am

Should stay with the Silverbacks and promote them to MLS. That's what I thought was happening anyway.

I'm not so sure about Atlanta though altogether. Not a strong sports city. The Braves, Falcons, Hawks and Thrashers have won bump in quite a while. Doesn't bode well for any soccer teams there as well.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down