Robespierre
Arquitecto
M99
EL Patron
RealGunner
78 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Managerial Transfer Rumours and News Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Managerial Transfer Rumours and News Thread

Post by Doc Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:53 am

Van Gaal would work with Utd, just a gut feeling it would be fantastic for them. That same gut feeling does not extend to Barcelona. He got fired under a very sour note (confirmation on this but I think he got the hanky treatment before he left), I really don't think he would add much.

Then again, what do I know?!

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Managerial Transfer Rumours and News Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Managerial Transfer Rumours and News Thread

Post by Busby Babe Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:01 am

When Moyes was hired quite a few people said they thought he would do alright because Fergie was still upstairs. Doesn't look like SAF had much input now.

If Moyes didn't have control, he would never have gone against SAF's advice on the coaching staff. He would have sold Rooney who Fergie basically tried to push out the door for the next manager by releasing to the media that he wanted to leave.

One thing SAF has always said is that the manager is the most important person in the club, and I think he's stuck by that.

We also will never ever go for Mourinho. Sir Bobby Charlton's views on him is the same as the majority of GL. Not that he's available anyway.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:54 am

Biesla is going to Marseille.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:55 pm

Manchester United to approach Guardiola

Manchester United will make an ambitious approach for Bayern Munich manager Pep Guardiola following David Moyes's sacking.

Source: Daily Telegraph

Van Gaal set for Man Utd talks

Manchester United chiefs are set to fly to Portugal in order to hold talks with Louis van Gaal.

Source: Daily Mirror
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:05 pm

M99 wrote:Manchester United to approach Guardiola

Manchester United will make an ambitious approach for Bayern Munich manager Pep Guardiola following David Moyes's sacking.

It is definitely not worth reporting rumours like this one here. GL is already saturated with countless fanciful stories, and this pitiful example is really the height of frivolity. I think it detracts from all the other more meaningful information in the forum. The only knowledge that a person could possibly gain from having read this is that the Daily Telegraph lacks integrity in it's journalistic standards. However, likely already knowing this fact, the reader's only achievement is having wasted time.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:21 pm

Marseille are moving closer to finalising the appointment of Marcelo Bielsa as their new coach for next season.

The Argentinian, who most recently managed Spanish side Athletic Bilbao and has led both Chile and his home country to World Cups, was linked with the upcoming vacancy last week and club president Vincent Labrune has announced that a deal has now been agreed "in principle".

Marseille have been under the caretaker management of sporting director Jose Anigo since parting company with Elie Baup in December and are languishing in sixth place in Ligue 1, five points adrift of the European places.

Anigo has no intention of taking the job on a long-term basis and has been involved in the search for a new full-time manager, which now appears to have settled on Bielsa.

"In spirit, we have an agreement with Marcelo Bielsa," Labrune told L'Equipe.

"We are in agreement on the sporting project. We have an agreement in principle which is now subject to the drafting of contracts.

"Without getting caught up in absolute euphoria, we are confident that the issue will be wrapped up. I can say we will have a very good coach for next season."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11810/9277502/ligue-1-former-athletic-bilbao-coach-marcelo-bielsa-set-for-marseille-job
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:39 pm

Barcelona are today listed as another to have taken up interest in and even approached Rudi Garcia, but he looks set to stay with Roma.

The Frenchman has impressed in his debut campaign with the Lupi, leading the club to automatic Champions League qualification.

Whilst he has one season remaining on his current deal at the Olimpico, Roma are seen as ready to open talks on improving and extending that contract.

However, on from reports yesterday suggesting Paris Saint-Germain are monitoring his work with an eye to a move this summer to replace Laurent Blanc, Il Messaggero report that Barcelona are also similarly considering the 50-year-old.

Tata Martino is increasingly speculated as on his way out of the Camp Nou in the summer and the Rome-based publication speculate that the Catalans have Garcia as their first choice replacement.

It is suggested that Roma have been aware of this interest for at least a week and that even in early March Barca approached Garcia’s agent over a possible move.

However, Il Messaggero also report that despite this interest, the Coach’s representative is expected to open contract renewal talks with the Giallorossi, with a new deal targeted before the end of May, when the club depart for an end-of-season tour to Orlando.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:42 pm

Manchester United have already made the first steps towards bringing Louis van Gaal in to replace sacked manager David Moyes, Old Trafford sources have told ESPN FC.

Having confirmed that Ryan Giggs will take temporary charge on Tuesday morning, United are prepared to keep an open mind about their next permanent boss and will investigate other high-profile options, but the Dutchman’s availability and evident willingness have ensured United moved to make contact.

Van Gaal, who leaves his post as Netherlands boss after the World Cup this summer, is seen as the likeliest successor, potentially as a medium-term option until United can appoint one of the other alternatives they are still considering at this point.

The 62-year-old had been expected to join Tottenham Hotspur as recently as February, and ex-Netherlands star Ruud Gullit later told the BBC he thought it was a “done deal,” but White Hart Lane sources say Van Gaal has become extremely cool on that prospect over the last two months and his position has completely changed. It is thought that Van Gaal had been informed the United post could become open to him.

That, however, will not stop last season's Premier League champions pursuing other avenues and seeing what progress could be made with potential candidates such as Juergen Klopp. Chief executive Ed Woodward is known to be a huge fan of the German, but Borussia Dortmund have told ESPN FC he will not leave and the manager himself also ruled out an exit. United may still test the waters to see how firm those sentiments are.

Whatever happens, the process will be very different from the appointment of Moyes, with Sir Alex Ferguson’s role greatly reduced after this season's debacle. United's owners, the Glazer family, will assume an increased and more direct influence in a more business-like process, following on from the active interest they took in managerial performance since United’s FA Cup defeat to Swansea City in January.

That was the first time the club’s hierarchy began to contemplate sacking Moyes, with the Glazers previously much more detached as a consequence of the idea the former Everton manager would be a long-term appointment.

According to ESPN FC sources, by Sunday’s 2-0 defeat at Goodison Park, almost everyone of significance at the club had turned against Moyes -- the playing staff, many directors and a number of sponsors. The Glazers also wanted to ensure that the inevitable sacking happened long before the World Cup, in order to allow proper time to plan.

Meanwhile, sources state Moyes is only ever likely to get compensation amounting to one or two years' worth of the six-year contract he signed last summer. One point of negotiation as regards that deal was the failure to qualify for the Champions League, or to reach any other acceptable target.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:54 pm

Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola says he is keen to stay at the club in response to questions about his future following Manchester United's sacking of David Moyes.

The Spaniard only arrived in Germany in June of last year but has already been linked with a shock switch to Old Trafford after the Red Devils confirmed the Scot's exit on Tuesday.

However, speaking at a press conference ahead of Bayern's Champions League semi-final first leg against Real Madrid the former Barcelona coach says he still has work to do in Munich and does not want to leave.

"I'm at Bayern and I signed for three years. I feel that we can still improve," he told reporters.

"I changed my Catalan culture for German and that wasn't easy. And I need time. I still have a job to do, I'm comfortable here and people respect my work. I want to stay here."

Bayern’s press officer subsequently added: "Tell the people in England, no chance!"
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:26 am

Moyes ‘furious and disgusted’ by Man Utd sacking

David Moyes is ‘furious and disgusted’ by the manner of his sacking by Manchester United.

Ancelotti tops Man Utd's shortlist

Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti is at the top of Manchester United’s shortlist to replace David Moyes.

Ferguson agreed with Moyes' dismissal

Sir Alex Ferguson agreed that David Moyes should be axed in a secret meeting prior to the announcement of the Scot’s sacking on Tuesday morning.

Source: Daily Mail

Ferguson involved in picking Moyes' successor

Manchester United will ask Sir Alex Ferguson to be involved in selecting David Moyes' successor.

Source: Various
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:31 am

Ray Wilkins has thrown his support behind Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti for the vacant managerial position at Manchester United.

"I think Manchester United will go for an experienced manager," he told Sky Sports News.

"David Moyes was the right man last year after his time at Everton, but the name that jumps out at me is Carlo Ancelotti."

Despite winning the Copa del Rey, a failure to claim further silverware could spell the end of Ancelotti's tenure at the Bernabeu, according to Wilkins.

"The Copa del Rey is not enough for Real Madrid, so if he doesn't win La Liga or the Champions League, he may become available," he said.

"He speaks English, knows the Premier League and I think he would be ideal."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:42 am

Paraguay Football Association (APF) vice-president Alejandro Dominguez has revealed that Marcelo Bielsa has rejected an offer to coach the country's national team.

La Albirroja have been looking for a new permanent boss following sacking of Gerardo Pelusso last year, with Victor Genes having been placed in temporary charge for the final stages of a dismal 2014 World Cup qualification campaign.

Dominguez had hoped to land Bielsa, who has been out of work since parting company with Athletic Bilbao last summer, but the former Argentina and Chile boss has turned down the opportunity to return to the international arena.

"Yesterday morning Bielsa called me to communicate that he was dismissing the possibility of leading the Paraguayan national team," Dominguez told Radio Monumental.

Bielsa is believed to have turned down the job because he is now ready to finalise his "tentative agreement" with Ligue 1 outfit Olympique de Marseille.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:43 am

Roy Keane believes Manchester United should be "ashamed of themselves" for sacking David Moyes.

Keane believes the club's inability to strengthen in the transfer market last summer has contributed to United’s poor campaign and insists the club have failed Moyes.

"He certainly had a hard start last summer when he took the job," the former Red Devils captain told ITV.

"The chief executive [Ed Woodward] didn’t get the deals done that he wanted, there was a lot of negativity and then they had a slow start and had no momentum.

"I think it is a shame. He should have been given more time. Some of the players at Manchester United should be really ashamed of themselves, they have really let him down.

"For David Moyes to be seventh in the league is disappointing and he should take responsibility for that but you still need people around you to help you in every way you can. I don’t think he’s had that support, particularly form the players. I definitely think he deserved some more time."

Sir Alex has faced criticism over his decision to choose Moyes as his successor but Keane believes the 72-year-old should not be blamed.

"I wouldn’t necessarily say Moyes was his pick," the Irishman argued. "He certainly put his name forward but obviously the club had to make the decision so I don’t think you can be critical of Sir Alex Ferguson."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:44 am

Mou on Moyes' sacking (ITV)

Jose Mourinho wrote:I prefer not to comment. I feel sorry for him.

I just feel sorry for David like I feel sorry for every manager who loses his job.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:46 am

Gerard Pique has leapt to the defence of Barcelona boss Gerardo Martino by admitting it is the players and not the Argentine who are to blame for their recent struggles.

The Catalan club were knocked out of the Champions League quarter-finals two weeks ago, before a late Gareth Bale goal saw them lose 2-1 to Real Madrid in the Copa del Rey final last week.

Barca are also four points behind league leaders Atletico in the Primera Division, but Pique says it is the fault of the squad for their failure to reach the levels of previous seasons.

“There are no excuses, we haven’t performed as well as desired and we’re the first to take the blame. But we all have to look at ourselves,” Pique told reporters.

“I think that [Barca coach Gerardo] Martino is not to blame at all for what has happened this season. He came in at the last minute and he has worked hard.

“We’re Barca and we’ll always be fighting fit. It hasn’t been our best season, but we’ll pick ourselves up.

“The future is exciting and we’ll make it a success. I trust the people who run the club, we have a great squad.”
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:58 am

M99 wrote:Sir Alex Ferguson agreed that David Moyes should be axed in a secret meeting prior to the announcement of the Scot’s sacking on Tuesday morning.
Immediately made me think of this

The Official Managerial Transfer Rumours and News Thread - Page 2 HomerOath
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:52 pm

Former Liverpool midfielder Dietmar Hamann argues that Manchester United should consider replacing David Moyes with Rafa Benitez.

"It is certainly a name they should consider," he told talkSPORT. "They need somebody with a track record who can work with the big players, who knows what is required to get in the Champions League and play a big role in it for years to come.

"Rafa Benitez is in Italy at Napoli but his family still lives in the North West and he has always made it clear that he would love to return to the Premier League at some stage."

Benitez famously clashed with then-United manager Sir Alex Ferguson during his time at Anfield but Hamann believes that he would do well at Old Trafford.

"The way it is going at Liverpool, I don't think he will be there any time soon and he has been at Chelsea so there are not too many clubs out there for him," the former Reds midfielder added.

"I don't think Arsenal will suit him. He and Manchester United would be a very good match. He had a few run-ins with Ferguson but he only pointed out a few facts, as he would say."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:08 pm

Former Manchester United defender David May believes that it is too soon for club legend Ryan Giggs to take over as full-time manager at Old Trafford.

The Welshman has been placed in temporary charge after United dispensed of former boss David Moyes on Tuesday, just 10 months into a six-year contract.

Moyes paid the price for a poor campaign that has seen United relinquish their Premier League crown with a whimper, while the club are unable to qualify for next season's Champions League, and May believes that the Red Devils should do their utmost to tempt Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp.

"I think it will be the wrong decision if Giggsy becomes the manager," he told Perform. "So much as he has been an unbelievable player and an ambassador for United, it's totally different managing and playing football.

"I think the club will go out and get somebody with experience, with that winning mentality, that attack-minded mentality as well that's been sorely missed this season.

"For me, I'd go for Klopp at Dortmund. I think he's been fantastic but he's ruled himself out already. Managers will do that because they don't want to upset their own club.

"If United go knocking on his door and make a few lines towards bringing him on board then he might change his mind.

"I think, at the moment, [Louis] van Gaal is the favourite - he's got a track record of winning things as well at huge clubs so, going down that line, I think United will be pushing Liverpool, [Manchester] City and Chelsea next season.

"He will have the character to overcome all the hype that goes with [managing Manchester United]."

May believes that United were fully justified in dismissing Moyes as the results under the Scot have simply not been good enough.

He remarked: "I think the results say it all, really. Over the season, to lose 11 games, six at home, it's one of those times - do you make the change now or do you make the change at the end of the season? I think the club have done wisely and chosen to do it before the end of the season."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:30 pm

Southampton boss Maurico Pochettino is interesting AC Milan.

Milan coach Clarence Seedorf is losing the confidence of owner Silvio Berlusconi and could be dumped at the end of the season.

Sportmediaset says Pochettino is emerging as a candidate to succeed Seedorf this summer.

Indeed, Milan have already made contact with the Argentine to sound him out about moving to Italy.

The stumbling block, however, will be Pochettino's wage demands.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:08 am

Van Gaal wants Keane as his Man Utd assistant

Louis van Gaal is keen on having Roy Keane as his assistant manager if he is given the Manchester United job.

Leverkusen snub Moyes

Bayer Leverkusen are not considering David Moyes as their next manager.

Gill to have input over Moyes' successor

Former Manchester United chief executive David Gill will have an input on deciding who succeeds David Moyes at Old Trafford.

Wenger to sign new Arsenal deal

Arsene Wenger will sign a new contract with Arsenal and will be given a budget of at least £70 million this summer.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:22 am

Feyenoord coach Ronald Koeman has admitted that it would be hard to turn down Barcelona if they were to approach him this summer.

The Catalans are allegedly considering parting company with current head coach Gerardo Martino at the end of the season and Sport reported earlier this week that Koeman is one of the main candidates to succeed the Argentine.

Koeman, who wore the Barcelona jersey between 1989 and 1995 during his active career, recently revealed that he will leave Feyenoord this summer after three years and he has made it clear that a return to Camp Nou would be an interesting option.

"Would I be interested in taking charge of Barcelona? Yes, of course," Koeman told NOS.

"But they have not approached me yet."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:12 pm

Keane and Van Gaal in the same staff? Laughing

The mentally weak wont last 2 minutes with those two.

Them together is just asking for trouble...how can two people both play the bad cop routine?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:21 pm

well, you have bad cop and mean cop Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:44 pm

Former Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon is confident Carlo Ancelotti would snub Manchester United if the Premier League outfit were to approach him this summer.

The Old Trafford side are in the market for a new manager following the sacking of David Moyes earlier this week and Ancelotti has been mentioned as one of the candidates, although Louis van Gaal appears to be sitting in pole position to take the United job.

However, Calderon expects the Italian to stay with Madrid even if last season's Premier League champions make him an offer.

"I believe Carlo Ancelotti will be with Real Madrid next season,” Calderon told talkSPORT.

"He’s got a contract.

"We don’t know what’s happening with Manchester United."

Calderon then went on to stress that United had no other choice but to part ways with Moyes following their poor performances this term.

"It’s always a pity when you have to sack a coach. I had that problem with Fabio Capello.

"Sometimes you have to take those decisions though. Manchester United’s results have not been normal so it’s a decision they had to take."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:27 pm

In an interview with French magazine, So Foot, Pique admitted that Roy Keane terrified him in an incident while he was a youngster at Manchester United.

“He was a player that instilled you with fear. I remember being in the Manchester United dressing room one day prior to a game. I had just hung my trousers up when my mobile started to vibrate in one of the pockets. I immediately stopped it, and it hadn’t even made any noise, it just vibrated. But he went absolutely crazy, shouting ‘What the f*ck!’. He was screaming at the top of his voice. He was terrifying.”

Something similar went on in a press conference  hmm 

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:34 pm

Jurgen Klopp says there are "1000 reasons" for him to stay at Borussia Dortmund and reject the advances of Manchester United.

The German coach has been repeatedly linked with the role at Old Trafford since the departure of David Moyes on Monday, but Klopp dismissed the speculation, adding that he has had no contact from the United hierarchy.

"It's a bit uncomfortable to give someone a rejection if no request has come,” said Klopp, talking to a press conference. “But it must indeed be made apparent anyway.”

Klopp, who coached Mainz before taking over at Dortmund in 2008, signed a new contract in October that commits him to the club until 2018, and the 46-year-old was clear-cut about his future despite labelling Manchester United as a “really great club”.

“There are about 1000 reasons why I am super happy to work with this club,” Klopp said.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next