Donuts
larisano_is_back
CBarca
eelir
Winter is Coming
BarrileteCosmico
13 posters

Go down

What is Barta's ceiling and what should we do with him?

What is Bartra's potential at Barca? Vote_lcap21%What is Bartra's potential at Barca? Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
What is Bartra's potential at Barca? Vote_lcap29%What is Bartra's potential at Barca? Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 4 ]
What is Bartra's potential at Barca? Vote_lcap29%What is Bartra's potential at Barca? Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 4 ]
What is Bartra's potential at Barca? Vote_lcap7%What is Bartra's potential at Barca? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
What is Bartra's potential at Barca? Vote_lcap14%What is Bartra's potential at Barca? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 14

What is Bartra's potential at Barca? Empty What is Bartra's potential at Barca?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 01, 2014 2:30 am

The definitive thread :coffee:

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Thu May 01, 2014 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

What is Bartra's potential at Barca? Empty Re: What is Bartra's potential at Barca?

Post by Winter is Coming Thu May 01, 2014 2:55 am

Rotational player for sure and who knows he can reach world class level, or we can loan him like Pique and see how he does, but lack of CB we should keep him for now.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

What is Bartra's potential at Barca? Empty Re: What is Bartra's potential at Barca?

Post by eelir Thu May 01, 2014 4:25 am

At least rotational player. IMO he has at least that in him, and with good management he might become a even a starter.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu May 01, 2014 4:43 am

It's a bit too early to tell for me, but he's doing a fine job as a rotational player right now, so I think he has the potential to be a starter with us if he does well enough. He's a talented player, but in his youth he can be error prone and comes out to look for the ball too much.

Really depends on how he matures/develops, but I see no reason he can't be starter quality for Barca. World class though? I'm not sure...
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by larisano_is_back Thu May 01, 2014 6:34 am

He seems to have the Energy and Commitment at this point. Still a Raw CB, however. Has a few positional issues also. That said, he has been growing as a player for the past couple of seasons.

I'd say, make him a starter next season in the early stages and see how he goes. Hopefully, with a new CB or 2, competition in the CB position will bring out the best in him going forward.

Who knows, maybe Bartra might outdo himself and the expectations of many and become the next Puyol of Barcelona.
larisano_is_back
larisano_is_back
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu May 01, 2014 7:25 am

Depends.. he can become a starter if he actually gets used well, rather then only when we have injuries and play him only against the top teams in the world rather then shat ones.
could replace our starters, whether or not he improves as i see Pique only declining and Mascherano getting shorter and shorter by every cross.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu May 01, 2014 8:25 am

Who's Batra?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu May 01, 2014 8:39 am

i appreciate the bravery of considering loan as possible option Laughing . i wish we could have that luxury, we better think of loaning defenders from other clubs :coffee: 

amount of time he played is not enough to make a judgement, so saying he will be a world class is not fair. otherwise my mind says so. for me he will be a good rotational player . i am worried with his positional sense and awareness. with regular game time he can improve those areas though. His physicality is also not so convincing and doubt he can improve there..

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu May 01, 2014 12:55 pm

Currently : Rotation player

In a few years : Maybe a starter, maybe a nailed on starter. But I agree with donuts, he has to actually get used properly and not thrown in with no other options.

I voted : He can be a starter for us and we should keep him

Because the question seems to be about his potential, not what he is right now, which is harder to tell.

I like the fact he at least fights for aerial balls. A simple thing, but when Mascherano and Pique plays, aerial balls go unchallenged.

I can accept losing aerial battles, but you cant allow forwards free headers, they will nearly always find a team mate to win the second ball.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu May 01, 2014 3:56 pm

I don't think he complements Pique at all which is my major concern. They are very similar. We need a physical warrior like Puyol to complement the "elegant sweeper" Pique. This is like Pique-Hummels now. If Mascherano can become a starter, which is the Barca standard nowadays, then so can Bartra with more experience but I don't see anything special either for a 23 year old. Physically a stick, positionally rushes at everything, still commits costly errors (I won't mention Madrid because Bale might be faster than him which happens - although he should have fouled him - but also Athletic Bilbao for example). He's Catalan and sucks up to Puyol which gives him a few extra points but yeah ... don't expect him to become a world class defender personally.

If we indeed buy another youngstar like Laporte then I wouldn't keep him. How do we develop 2 youngstars for the same position? Ideally we buy an experienced defender + Laporte and loan Bartra.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu May 01, 2014 4:26 pm

He's already a fantastic CB and much better than many options to be signed. He's better than Laporte and Badstuber (is him rumoured as a real option?).and seriously Hummels is not better either. He just needs to be allowed to prove himself.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu May 01, 2014 5:31 pm

neuro11 wrote:i appreciate the bravery of considering loan as possible option Laughing . i wish we could have that luxury, we better think of loaning defenders from other clubs :coffee: 

amount of time he played is not enough to make a judgement, so saying he will not be a world class is not fair. otherwise my mind says so. for me he will be a good rotational player . i am worried with his positional sense and awareness. with regular game time he can improve those areas though. His physicality is also not so convincing and doubt he can improve there..

Terrible mistake by me there Evil or Very Mad 

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue May 13, 2014 6:08 am

If you think about it, Bartra this season and last season has been used only due to the fact that we had injuries... Even though he is clearly miles better than what we have atm we still aren't using him.
If he doesn't get more than 15 starts next season I will be disappionted.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue May 13, 2014 10:25 pm

You need to give him out on loan. Defenders don't get any better sitting on the bench.

In fact you should have loaned him out a couple of years ago.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 13, 2014 10:31 pm

Yes but then we have to sign 3 CBs Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed May 14, 2014 3:42 am

danyjr wrote:You need to give him out on loan. Defenders don't get any better sitting on the bench.

In fact you should have loaned him out a couple of years ago.

Loaning Bartra  Shocked and then using song a CB ???
thought i dont have that luxury.....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down