What Was The Point Of Felix Magath At Fulham?

+8
Red Alert
zigra
Art Morte
Lupi
BarcaLearning
The_Badger
Doc
Lex
12 posters

Go down

What Was The Point Of Felix Magath At Fulham? Empty What Was The Point Of Felix Magath At Fulham?

Post by Lex Sun May 04, 2014 12:03 am

Turned a once gritty Fulham into a laughing stock. I thought I was watching Barcelona in a concept kit today, until I realized it was actually Stoke. Even as they were getting thrashed 4-1, Magath sat quietly on the bench, smiling and with a look on his face of a man who's just seen the judge sign off on his death sentence.

Given the PL team's tendencies to get rid of managers on a whim, I've seen my fair share of half-way-through-the-season managers come in and, in terms of reputation, in conjunction with the team inherited, Magath has been the WORST one thus far
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

What Was The Point Of Felix Magath At Fulham? Empty Re: What Was The Point Of Felix Magath At Fulham?

Post by Doc Sun May 04, 2014 12:07 am

That mad man still gets work? Seriously, how to did Fulham manage to hire such a crazy fool? Not like Bielsa crazy, just crazy-crazy...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

What Was The Point Of Felix Magath At Fulham? Empty Re: What Was The Point Of Felix Magath At Fulham?

Post by The_Badger Sun May 04, 2014 12:16 am

Lex wrote:Turned a once gritty Fulham into a laughing stock. I thought I was watching Barcelona in a concept kit today, until I realized it was actually Stoke. Even as they were getting thrashed 4-1, Magath sat quietly on the bench, smiling and with a look on his face of a man who's just seen the judge sign off on his death sentence.

Given the PL team's tendencies to get rid of managers on a whim, I've seen my fair share of half-way-through-the-season managers come in and, in terms of reputation, in conjunction with the team inherited, Magath has been the WORST one thus far

Magath at least gave the club a little hope by chalking up a few wins and draws when his predecessors put Fulham in the mire.

No one expected him to lead Fulham to safety with that sack of shit squad and interestingly enough, during his time at the club, there has been four side with worse form than Fulham.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun May 04, 2014 5:45 am

To con more money, Sven style.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sun May 04, 2014 6:17 am

really short time for any manager to make an impact specially with magath and his football, i was hoping he could help them survive but now my idea is,they might have brought him to get them back to BPL
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun May 04, 2014 9:06 am

He was a good appointment, in my opinion, but one that came too late. Jol is a hopeless manager and sacking him was the right thing to do, where it went wrong was when they gave the job to the inexperienced, unconvincing Meulensteen. If Magath was available, they should have given the job to him when they sacked Jol.

He got them a few wins from winnable games, Newcastle, Villa, Norwich, but they just kept conceding too many goals. Like last round when they let Hull get a 2 - 2 draw when Fulham were already 2 - 0 up at home.

I think he was a good short-term appointment, but I don't expect him to be their manager in the Championship. I don't think he cares enough to be motivated to do a good job in an English league that's not the Premiership.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sun May 04, 2014 10:59 am

He TURNED them into a laguhing stock? Lol.
When he became manager they had managed 20 points out of 26 games and conceded 58 goals, by far the most of all teams (Cardiff 2nd with 44!).
Of course he didn't manage to improve things but that team was without hope before.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun May 04, 2014 11:02 am

Whole club turned into a joke before Magath.

Jol was a scapegoat, too. The owners of Fulham behind the scenes are the ones to blame.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun May 04, 2014 11:11 am

Lex wrote:Turned a once gritty Fulham into a laughing stock. I thought I was watching Barcelona in a concept kit today, until I realized it was actually Stoke. Even as they were getting thrashed 4-1, Magath sat quietly on the bench, smiling and with a look on his face of a man who's just seen the judge sign off on his death sentence.

Laughing I think it's just his cheekbone structure that makes it look like he is always smiling.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun May 04, 2014 11:37 am

Red Alert wrote:Whole club turned into a joke before Magath.

Jol was a scapegoat, too. The owners of Fulham behind the scenes are the ones to blame.

No, he was genuinely awful. Seemed disinterested without any vision to build or maintain a Premiership quality squad. Most of his signings were over-30's has-beens, ffs. Parker, Riise, Heitinga, Diarra, Karagounis, Riether... You build your top-flight squad like that, it's bound to come back to bite you in the arse and it did.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun May 04, 2014 1:03 pm

Think they should have gotten Zola or Warnock tbh. Warnock especially.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun May 04, 2014 8:40 pm

Magath's always got the same purpose: to amuse.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:31 am

Felix Magath wanted to treat Brede Hangeland's thigh injury with a piece of cheese. rofl

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/sep/20/fulham-farewell-magath-felix-madcap?CMP=twt_gu
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:17 am

Jol laid the foundations for failure with his "over 30-year-olds only" transfer policy, but Magath certainly was totally clueless himself.

Fulham have got 1 point from 8 games, we'll see whether they'll turn it around or do a Wolverhampton and achieve the incredible feat of back-to-back relegations having just been a Premiership club with Premiership cash.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down