The Official Genesis Thread

3 posters

Go down

The Official Genesis Thread Empty The Official Genesis Thread

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue May 06, 2014 12:10 am

Ahhhh yes.. The Sega Genesis. What can be said about it that has already not. It is like asking a man to describe a woman's beauty better than shakespear... Or a blackholes complexity better than Leonard Susskind.

This Era of Sega was one of the very few in all of videogaming that was one of successful rebellion. Sega took on the iron giant that was Nintendo and for the most part.. Was winning... In 1993 sega actually had 62% of the console marketshare.. even after the dominance of the NES..

While many remember the SNES for its amazing titles such as Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid, Final Fantasy VI, Earth Bound, Donkey Kong Country, and so on... Most of the best and most notable titles from the NES Library came out 1994 and beyond.. Which was 5 years after the Genesis had launched. Many would believe, as I do.. That the Genesis, as a console to own year to year during that generation, was the best console to own.. As month after month, it delivered new and unique titles.. new IPs, franchies and games that pushed the limits of what a videogame even was.. Even with the limited technology. Nothing was too strange for sega. They wanted to try as much as they possibly could to surpass Nintendo.. And they almost did.

But Much like Icarus.. Sega went above their capabilities and flew too close to the sun. Rather than sitting pretty in their cheaper console and game price points with a comfortably (at the time) larger library.. They panicked.. Released add on after add on rather than releasing quality games on a regular basis at an affordable price which is what brought them to their highest of heights.

It is my hope, that over time I shall reminisce and review all of the important titles that released over the haydays of Sega's most successful and almost dominant era.

The first game that will be reviewed is Streets of Rage 2.

Coming soon
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

The Official Genesis Thread Empty Re: The Official Genesis Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue May 06, 2014 8:17 am

I have Streets of Rage 2 on my Wii U and was playing it yesterday.

I will be overly harsh on your review :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed May 07, 2014 12:00 pm

@Vendetta, I was planning on doing a review of the Genesis library after I finish the SNES thread (which would at least be a year from now).

Anyway, I would like to post my reviews here with your own as well if you don't mind.

On topic, the Genesis was like making love to a premature ejaculator. Nintendo had both the stamina and moves to make their system counts.

Too bad they ended up exhausting themselves for when the PS1 came Sad.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down