Gil
sportsczy
Abramovich
Mr Nick09
RealGunner
68 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

World Cup 14 Squads Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: World Cup 14 Squads Discussion

Post by che Wed May 07, 2014 5:09 pm

somehow i doubt that brazil has three goalkeepers better than diego alves but okay...

che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

World Cup 14 Squads Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: World Cup 14 Squads Discussion

Post by BusterLfc Wed May 07, 2014 5:22 pm

Victor instead of Diego Alves and Neto :facepalm:
Maxwell ahead of F.Luis :facepalm:
Henrique instead of Luisao and Miranda :facepalm:
Bernand the Ukrainian flop instead of many players :facepalm:
Jo :facepalm:
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed May 07, 2014 5:24 pm

I seriously cannot for the life of me understand Bernard's inclusion. The guy does NOT *bleep* start for Sakhtar. Glorified bench player.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed May 07, 2014 5:24 pm

A little bit biased opinion here, but I think Coutinho should have been included, or then Firmino, those midfield options lack a little Brasilian flair and creativity, imo.

Fernandinho, Gustavo, Paulinho, Ramires - are you really going to need them all? And are Hernanes, Willian and Oscar going to offer good enough play-making in that AM position? They might, but purely creativity wise Coutinho would have been a braver option.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed May 07, 2014 5:27 pm

That squad looks tremendously average bar Nerman and T. Silva.

Can we already make bets for the World Cup in the betting thread?

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 07, 2014 5:28 pm

what are you talking about? brazil are all about speed going up in transition. Aint nobody got time to watch them passing the ball around to see if hey can create lol. Felipao has a clear idea of what his team needs to be. His DMs are there to cover for marcelo and alves rushing forwards, as well as neymar who wont be asked to defend much. He also made sure to pick a bunch of athletes that will be hard worker off the ball for the most part i think. Given the weather in brazil next summer, better athlete >>> better technical players. Everything will go through the wings.

I dont like the fact that Filipe ad Miranda missed out but Felipao has a very sound understanding of modern footy, and of the way the game is played.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed May 07, 2014 5:37 pm

So what you're trying to tell me is that they are a poor man's Chelsea with more attack-minded fullbacks that can't defend.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed May 07, 2014 6:07 pm

So we have been calling up the same players for years and now you guys are baffled by how average our squad is?Look, we learned our lesson in 2006.We had WC players in every position and it was one of our worst WC teams EVER.Scolari and the fans have accepted and embraced the simple fact that being a good team does not require amazing individuals and team>>>>>individuality.We have had our team formed for ages and we weren't going to add names like Coutinho and Filipe Luis to mess up what the NT has been doing for the last 2 years since Scolari took over.The only player I do agree that should have been on the squad is Miranda over Henrique.The rest is fine.We will play with the same starting 11 we have played with in the past couple of years and with the same playing style(pressing high, creative  FBs,tactical fouls,Nerman with the free role,athleticism  etc)

Last edited by Ganso on Wed May 07, 2014 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed May 07, 2014 6:10 pm

Fußball wrote:So what you're trying to tell me is that they are a poor man's Chelsea with more attack-minded fullbacks that can't defend.
+ a CF who can score + a star man who actually shows up in every game and is a goalscorer+a decent bench.In a way, I can see a lot of similarities with Chelsea , the main difference are the FBs and the Fred/Nerman duo
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed May 07, 2014 6:11 pm

It's pretty clear that this Brazil will focus on attacking on the wings. That Marcelo-Neymar combo  :bow: btw, Marcelo always performs for Brazil. MOM on numerous occasions. Him and Neymar will own the WC.

Still, Bernard ahead of Lucas/Coutinho ?  :facepalm: 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Wed May 07, 2014 6:13 pm

Ganso wrote:So we have been calling up the same players for years and now you guys are baffled by how are squad is average?Look, we learned our lesson in 2006.We had WC players in every position and it was one of our worst WC teams EVER.Scolari and the fans have accepted and embraced the simple fact that being a good team does not require amazing individuals and team>>>>>individuality.We have had our team formed for ages and we weren't going to add names like Coutinho and Filipe Luis to mess up what the NT has been doing for the last 2 years since Scolari took over.The only player I do agree that should have been on the squad is Miranda over Henrique.The rest is fine.We will play with the same starting 11 we have played with in the past couple of years and with the same playing style(pressing high, creative  FBs,tactical fouls,Nerman with the free role,athleticism  etc)

Maxwell had his debut only few months ago for Brazil, he is also new to the NT and having him instead of Filipe Luis who had his debut before Maxwell is absurd.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed May 07, 2014 6:17 pm

BusterLfc wrote:
Ganso wrote:So we have been calling up the same players for years and now you guys are baffled by how are squad is average?Look, we learned our lesson in 2006.We had WC players in every position and it was one of our worst WC teams EVER.Scolari and the fans have accepted and embraced the simple fact that being a good team does not require amazing individuals and team>>>>>individuality.We have had our team formed for ages and we weren't going to add names like Coutinho and Filipe Luis to mess up what the NT has been doing for the last 2 years since Scolari took over.The only player I do agree that should have been on the squad is Miranda over Henrique.The rest is fine.We will play with the same starting 11 we have played with in the past couple of years and with the same playing style(pressing high, creative  FBs,tactical fouls,Nerman with the free role,athleticism  etc)

Maxwell had his debut only few months ago for Brazil, he is also new to the NT and having him instead of Filipe Luis who had his debut before Maxwell is absurd.

Scolari is like VDB, he likes continuity in his squad. Maxwell will just get a few cameos btw
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed May 07, 2014 6:20 pm

BusterLfc wrote:

I think you havent been following our NT recently, because Filipe Luis has like 1-2 starts since Scolari took over and Maxwell has started most of our games post confederations cup and was one of our best players in every single one of those matches.

Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed May 07, 2014 6:20 pm

Valkyrja wrote:It's pretty clear that this Brazil will focus on attacking on the wings. That Marcelo-Neymar combo  :bow: btw, Marcelo always performs for Brazil. MOM on numerous occasions. Him and Neymar will own the WC.

Still, Bernard ahead of Lucas/Coutinho ?  :facepalm: 

in a counter attacking set up, bernard is better than coutinho imo. he has more pace and aggression. as for lucas, he's too much of a headless chicken imo, constantly loses the ball. but still i would have liked to see him included as he can provide that special run to open up defenses.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed May 07, 2014 6:22 pm

Lucas is a NT flop, he has been given several minutes in which he has disappointed.Coutinho isnt a trustworthy player, we have no idea how he would do in the NT.better off not staining his image with a bad WC and start his NT career in August.

Bernard is so underrated here, he is a unquestionable name in our fanbase.He is to us what Navas is to Spain.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Wed May 07, 2014 6:25 pm

RealGunner wrote:Brazil Squad announced

KEEPERS - César, Jefferson, Victor.

CENTER BACKS - Dante, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Henrique.

FULLBACKS - Dani Alves, Maicon, Marcelo, Maxwell.

MIDFIELD - Fernandinho, Hernanes, Luiz Gustavo, Oscar, Paulinho, Ramires, Willian.

FORWARDS - Bernard, Fred, Hulk, Jo, Neymar.

No Leandro Castan? Hes had an epic season.

No Felipe Luis? Is Brazil going to make a 2010 WC again?

Also, I would have brought Kaka. Mostly because of team spirit. I dont see Neymar or Oscar leading the team. No natural leaders other than Thiago Silva in the team.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed May 07, 2014 6:26 pm

McAgger wrote:I seriously cannot for the life of me understand Bernard's inclusion. The guy does NOT *bleep* start for Sakhtar. Glorified bench player.
Seriously?
We once wanted to buy him. Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed May 07, 2014 6:27 pm

Bernard just scored for Shakhtar Laughing

Last edited by Ganso on Wed May 07, 2014 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed May 07, 2014 6:28 pm

I hope they get twatted. Overrated sh** team.

I hate the way they have black balled Rafael ever since his mistake at the Olympics. Small time ____
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed May 07, 2014 6:29 pm

Ganso wrote:Bernard just scored for Shakhtar Laughing

came off the bench Laughing

if you can't start in the Ukrainian League you have no business playing for Brazil.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed May 07, 2014 6:31 pm

A few months ago he gave 4 assists in one game and got benched on the next one, what do you expect?His coach is a dick, it took ages for him just to get minutes at shkhtar
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Wed May 07, 2014 6:32 pm

If you play outside the top 5 european leagues then you should not be in Brazils squad. Unless you play in Brazil.

Ukraines league is nothing compared to top european leagues.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed May 07, 2014 6:35 pm

Bernard is not getting called up for what he did in Ukraine, but for what he did in Brazil and for the NT.Same for Paulinho and Neymar
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed May 07, 2014 6:36 pm

GL jinx doing his magic  rofl 

watch him light up the WC  rofl 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 07, 2014 6:38 pm

A lot of young Brazilian players don't get the concept that you earn your starts in training regardless of how you perform in games... Lucas and Marquinhos have that problem at PSG. So did Pastore and Menez, so it's not just a Brazilian thing. If you get lucky and your manager is relaxed about it, fine. But most managers in Europe aren't. Need to learn to be a pro every day. Rumor is Bernard has a similar issue. He expected to walk into the starting lineup.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed May 07, 2014 6:39 pm

Valkyrja wrote:

GL jinx doing his magic  rofl 

watch him light up the WC  rofl 

OK let me just put this into persepective.

Slavutych Cherkasy, the team that he scored against, is in the 3rd Division of Ukraine. rofl
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next