+5
FalcaoPunch
raulmadrid4vr
futbol
halamadrid2
Onyx
9 posters

Go down

Celta Vigo vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Celta Vigo vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by Nedved Mon May 12, 2014 5:48 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Ancelotti. :facepalm:

We could have still won the league. If he doesn't win the CL, I hope he's sacked.

Coaches are not cows. Take it easy.

I think Ancelloti's mistake is he didn't rotate the squad well enough and He kept playing the same 11 e.g. Morata/Casemiro - He didn't play them much lately perhaps he doesn't trust them. That has come back to bite him. I can understand he wants to rest players for CL but rest of the squad should have been little more ready. Any professional athlete no matter how good he is needs to be playing. Throwing away La liga for CL is no excuse given the quality in squad.

Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Celta Vigo vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Celta Vigo vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by titosantill Mon May 12, 2014 7:00 am

i think ancelotti is playing the tactical game here....throw away the league and have atleti fight for a title next week, six days prior to the european final. that way, carlo risks no one on the last day of the league. i'm not all for it, but when you have a situation where the opponent you're meeting in the final is also fighting in the last hurdle of the league, you have to make a sacrifice. about the squad fitness, i have a strong feeling the players; ronaldo, bale, pepe, di maria etc are fine, but are just threading with caution and playing little mind games. i expect them all to be ready in lisbon...from next season onwards, we, especially carlo need to get our act together in chasing the league. to win a league you have to be consistent, it doesn't mean u should lose all the games to your closest competitors; 2 losses to barca, a loss and draw to atleti was always going to come back against us....in spain, a draw is like a loss, so one must take full advantage of the close rivals....that said i hope atleti wins the league, and that it takes a lot out of them (i'm a bit disappointed that after all the problems that barcelona have had, they could actually end up with a title this year), and ofcourse, we cannot afford any mistakes in lisbon.....Hala Madrid
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon May 12, 2014 5:47 pm

Carlo Ancelotti analysed the defeat against Celta Vigo in the second last La Liga match of the season in the Balaídos press room: “We gifted them with two goals. Then we tried to score and control the play. We have a lot of players missing, including some very important ones, so this was not an easy game to prepare for. We are disappointed because we cannot win the league. It is the first competition we have lost and we cannot be happy about it”.

“I don't think we threw the league away. It is true though that we haven't played well in the last three games. After the semi-finals our intensity dropped and we've been made to pay dearly. Now is not the time to look at what we have failed to do well. We have to look forwards, recoup our energy and our players in order to prepare well for the final”.

Evaluation of the season
“It is not my concern if the season is considered a good one or a bad one. We have a great chance to make a dream come true for Real Madrid and we'll do our best to make it happen. Only then will be look back at the season”.
THE POSITIVE FROM THE MATCH WAS THE RETURN OF KHEDIRA AND ARBELOA .
“Khedira and Arbeloa played well, and didn't have any problems. They both played with good intensity for an hour and are over their injuries. I'll definitely give them runouts in the next match against Espanyol”.

Bale's fitness
“He is not 100%. He got a knock, but I decided not to risk him, especially when I could have put him on. I wanted to avoid any problems. Cristiano Ronaldo underwent treatment this morning and is almost fully recovered. We have 15 days to prepare for the match and I think they'll be completely fit for the final. I think he'll be able to play against Espanyol”.

The chat with the referee at half time
“I thought Sergio Ramos was fouled during the first goal and talked to the referee about it. But I don't want to talk about his performance. He wasn't responsible for the defeat”.

The league champion
“I don't care who it is. I think it will be a high-pressure game. I'm not interested either way. At the moment we have a different issue and that is to prepare well for the Champions League final. We have time and we'll be well prepared”.

http://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2014/05/ancelotti-we-are-disappointed-because-we-cannot-win-la-liga?pid=1383855883923

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum